₦airaland Forum

Welcome, Guest: Join Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 2,159,866 members, 4,705,130 topics. Date: Friday, 18 January 2019 at 11:34 PM

Brunei Darussalam 2018/2019 Scholarship For Bachelor And Masters Degree - Education - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Education / Brunei Darussalam 2018/2019 Scholarship For Bachelor And Masters Degree (3708 Views)

Total 2018/2019 Scholarship - Apply Immediately / Chevron 2018/2019 Scholarship Exam Results Update Thread / University Of Brunei Darussalam Knowledge Test For Master Program (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (Reply) (Go Down)

Brunei Darussalam 2018/2019 Scholarship For Bachelor And Masters Degree by laptop111: 9:16am On Jan 01, 2018
The Ministry of Foreign Affairs and Trade is pleased to invite applications for the Government of Brunei Darussalam Scholarship under the above Scholarship Award Scheme for the 2018/2019 academic session.

Tenable in Brunei Darussalam, the scholarship award provides applicants with the opportunity to study at any one of the following institutions of higher education:

· Universiti Brunei Darussalam (UBD),

· Universiti Islam Sultan Sharif Ali (UNISSA),

· Universiti Teknologi Brunei (UTB) and

· Politeknik Brunei (PB).

The academic year commences July/August 2018.

ELIGIBILITY

1.1 Applications are open to citizens of, but not limited to, ASEAN, Commonwealth and OIC member countries.

1.2 Applicants should be nominated by their Government.

1.3 Applicants must be certified to be medically fit to undertake the scholarship and to study in Brunei Darussalam, by a qualified medical practitioner who is registered with any Government Authority(ies) prior to arrival in Brunei Darussalam. Any and all costs incurred in obtaining this certification are to be borne by the applicant.

1.4 Applicants must be, between the ages of 18-25 for undergraduate and diploma programmes and must not exceed the age of 35 for postgraduate programmes on the 31st July 2018.

1.5 The award is NOT eligible to Brunei Darussalam Permanent Residents.

PROGRAMMES OFFERED AND ENTRY QUALIFICATIONS

Programmes offered, entry qualifications and any further information are available from the following websites:

i) Universiti Brunei Darussalam – www.ubd.edu.bn

ii) Universiti Islam Sultan Sharif Ali – www.unissa.edu.bn

iii) Universiti Teknologi Brunei – www.utb.edu.bn

iv) Politeknik Brunei – www.pb.edu.bn

TERMS AND CONDITIONS OF THE SCHOLARSHIP

The full listing of the terms and conditions of the scholarship will be provided to the applicant once the application is successful and a scholarship is offered. A declaration will be required to be signed confirming understanding and agreement to these terms and conditions upon acceptance of the scholarship.

The general terms and conditions are as follows:

3.1 The scholarship recipient will be facilitated with the benefits of the scholarship as follows:

i) exemption from paying tuition fees including acceptance, examination, registration and orientation fees for the duration of the programme;

ii) an economy class air-ticket to Brunei Darussalam from the scholarship recipient’s country of origin/ country of domicile prior to the commencement of the course and an economy class air-ticket from Brunei Darussalam to the scholarship recipient’s country of origin/country of domicile upon completion of the course;

iii) a monthly personal allowance of BND$500.00;

iv) a monthly meals allowance of BND$150.00;

v) an annual book allowance of BND$600.00;

vi) accommodation at the residential college of the University/ Polytechnic;

vii) baggage allowance for shipment of the scholarship recipient’s personal effects to his country of origin/country of domicile upon completion of the programme, at a maximum amount of:

· BND$250.00 to a country within the ASEAN region; or

· BND$500.00 to a country outside the ASEAN region;

viii) comprehensive insurance cover for the whole duration of the Scholarship. The scholarship recipient is urged to obtain additional insurance prior to his travel to Brunei Darussalam and for the whole duration of the Scholarship at his own expense.

3.2 This scholarship shall not be held concurrently with any other scholarship, fellowship, grant or loan without the prior approval of the Ministry of Foreign Affairs and Trade. This scholarship may be terminated or revoked immediately should the scholarship recipient be found holding another scholarship, fellowship, grant or loan without prior written approval of the Ministry.

3.3 A scholarship recipient is not encouraged to bring any family members with him for the duration of the Scholarship. No marriage allowance nor child allowance is payable to the scholarship recipient and no accommodation will be provided to any accompanying spouse, child or children.

3.4 A scholarship recipient is not permitted to undertake any paid employment or to serve on the staff of any country’s representative mission in Brunei Darussalam during the duration of the scholarship.

3.5 A scholarship recipient is required to:

i) conform to all the rules and regulations underlying this Scholarship;

ii) abide by the rules and regulations of his University/ Polytechnic;

iii) respect the customs, culture and official religion of Brunei Darussalam;

iv) obey all the laws and regulations of Brunei Darussalam;

v) refrain from engaging in political activities;

vi) undergo health screening in Brunei Darussalam if deemed necessary by the Ministry of Foreign Affairs and Trade.

3.6 Upon completion of the programme, the scholarship recipient will be required to leave Brunei Darussalam with immediate effect.

click here to apply http://opportunitieshub.com.ng/brunei-darussalam-2018-2019-scholarship-bachelor-masters-degree/
Re: Brunei Darussalam 2018/2019 Scholarship For Bachelor And Masters Degree by zekepio(m): 3:23am On Feb 14, 2018
hey bro, are you applying? ☆Happy☆ ♡Valentine's♡ ☆Day
Re: Brunei Darussalam 2018/2019 Scholarship For Bachelor And Masters Degree by VICCONCY(m): 11:42am On Apr 20, 2018
Who else applied? Any updates?
Re: Brunei Darussalam 2018/2019 Scholarship For Bachelor And Masters Degree by chebyshev(m): 6:49pm On May 02, 2018
I did, and had a skype interview with FIT at UBD in March. But have not heard from them since then
Re: Brunei Darussalam 2018/2019 Scholarship For Bachelor And Masters Degree by VICCONCY(m): 7:48pm On May 29, 2018
Have you been offered admission? I did interview with CAMES in March and was offered admission in May. What about you? Any news from Brunei MFAT?
Re: Brunei Darussalam 2018/2019 Scholarship For Bachelor And Masters Degree by chebyshev(m): 12:04pm On Jun 01, 2018
Yes Yes. I got my admission letter last week Monday. However, I am yet to hear from MoFAT. But from information I gathered from a reliable source, notifications of award of scholarship are usually sent by Mofat few weeks ahead of admission. Congratulations to you mate!

1 Like

Re: Brunei Darussalam 2018/2019 Scholarship For Bachelor And Masters Degree by VICCONCY(m): 5:34pm On Jun 03, 2018
Congratulations too! I pray MoFAT notifies us soon so I can start arranging things.
Re: Brunei Darussalam 2018/2019 Scholarship For Bachelor And Masters Degree by Horladotun(m): 9:27am On Jun 09, 2018
Does offer of admission means award of scholarship especially for UBD? Thanks
Re: Brunei Darussalam 2018/2019 Scholarship For Bachelor And Masters Degree by forwardvent(m): 11:54pm On Jun 10, 2018
I applied to UBD and MoFAT Scholarship. Got this mail from UBD in April

UBDSBE Knowledge Test for Admission to Master of Management (by coursework)

Date: Saturday 7th April 2018

Time: 2:00 pm

Venue: UTH Lecture Theatre 1, ICTC / IBM Building

For those unable to attend the Saturday session, please inform us by Thursday 5th April. Thank you.

Duration of the test will be 60 minutes.

Warmest regards,

Administrator
UBD School of Business and Economics (UBDSBE)
Universiti Brunei Darussalam
Tel: (673) 2463 001 ext. 1102/1104/1105
Email: office.sbe@ubd.edu.bn
Check our UBDSBE webpage: http://sbe.ubd.edu.bn

I replied the mail that I'm an international student and can't be in UBD for the knowledge test but didn't get a reply.

I logged on to UBD Online Admission System Portal last week to check my application status and I saw that my application is still being processed. My friend who also applied received a mail last week that his application was not successful. I just hope that I'll be offered admission.
Re: Brunei Darussalam 2018/2019 Scholarship For Bachelor And Masters Degree by chebyshev(m): 9:46pm On Jun 11, 2018
@Viçconcy ,how far any update

@Holardotun, I heard being offered admission does not translate to scholarship.its a 50-50 thing. We can only hope for the best.

@forwardvent, your case is quite unique. Just relax and let see what happen next. UBD resumption is 30 July and oriention for new students is from 23-28 July. So dont expect to hear from them after this period. I wish everyone of us Good luck
Re: Brunei Darussalam 2018/2019 Scholarship For Bachelor And Masters Degree by VICCONCY(m): 1:48am On Jun 12, 2018
@Chevbyshev
No update from my end o. I've been refreshing my mail at least 4 times daily. Since it takes minimum of 1month to process the Entry pass and the student visa, I think scholarship update will come on or before June 20. Have you been able to communicate with any current Nigerian BDGS scholar?

@Holardotun
Getting admitted doesn't guarantee scholarship. However, it does increase your chances of getting it. According to my prospective supervisor, they can only make recommendations to MoFAT.
Re: Brunei Darussalam 2018/2019 Scholarship For Bachelor And Masters Degree by forwardvent(m): 12:15pm On Jun 12, 2018
Though, I applied to the School of Business and Economics, Universiti Brunei Darussalam, and I guess that you guys are FIT student applicants, I'll just wait patiently to see outcome of the admission application.
Re: Brunei Darussalam 2018/2019 Scholarship For Bachelor And Masters Degree by chebyshev(m): 5:15pm On Jun 12, 2018
@Vicconcy

Thank you for the rich information. As per Nigerian BDGS scholar, I tried to find one but could not find any. Lets keep our fingers crossed.

1 Like

Re: Brunei Darussalam 2018/2019 Scholarship For Bachelor And Masters Degree by VICCONCY(m): 6:31pm On Jun 17, 2018
Mennh! 1 day is now looking like a week. With fresher's week starting on 23rd July; we ought to be in Brunei in Second week of July. And with Student's Visa not being eligible for work, one must have that MoFAT.

Any update at all?
Did you write to the International Students Coordinator, Madam Sendi Batu?
Any communication with your Project Supervisor?
Re: Brunei Darussalam 2018/2019 Scholarship For Bachelor And Masters Degree by chebyshev(m): 9:51am On Jun 18, 2018
@ Vicconcy

I mailed Madam Sendi after I got the offer. Below are the responses I recieved:

Me:Finally, I need you to direct me on how to apply for visa and other important things I need to do before coming to UBD

Madam Sendi: If you are under MOFAT scholarship , MOFAT will process your vis (if your are been accepted)

Me:Could you update me with the progress of my scholarship application.

Madam Sendi:Plesse wait for MOFAT response

Thank you

Sendi
Re: Brunei Darussalam 2018/2019 Scholarship For Bachelor And Masters Degree by Horladotun(m): 10:17am On Jun 18, 2018
I wonder if they award Africans especially Nigerians at all. Meanwhile, my project supervisor told me to wait for response from MoFAT.
Re: Brunei Darussalam 2018/2019 Scholarship For Bachelor And Masters Degree by forwardvent(m): 10:23pm On Jun 18, 2018
UBD Admission is still showing that my application is
still in progress. I give up now on UBD.

It doesn't seem like the admission offer will come before the new semester kick-off.

Good luck guys.
Re: Brunei Darussalam 2018/2019 Scholarship For Bachelor And Masters Degree by VICCONCY(m): 11:09am On Jun 19, 2018
@Forwardvent
The admission decision was released on May 21st. If yours is still showing processing; it is safe to assume your application wasn't outrightly rejected and would be considered for January intake.

@Holardotun
Thanks for your update. I was planning to mail my Supervisor but might reconsider. As for MoFat Awarding Nigerians, yes they do. I know a 2016 MoFAT scholar. The problem is that it seems they have modified their modus operandi as from 2016. Then, admission offer came with together scholarship offer. Now, it comes separately as clearly stated in the admission letter. Then too, UBD do offer internal MSc scholarship but now it's just for PhD(UBD Scholarship for international students and UBD bursary for locals). What they do now is to send list of admitted International students and MoFAT will award scholarship to them which I believe won't be everyone. That's why being admitted isn't a guarantee of getting the scholarship. So, we still need God's grace.

What's your programme? Which institute? CAMES, FIT?

@Chevsheby
Thanks for your update as well. Patience is what we all need now. According to a friend, who did his MSc in UTB though not MoFAT grant, MoFAT really take their time before granting Africans Visa. They have to do a thorough criminal check. The Visa and Scholarship award will then come together. After accepting, they will ask you when to book your flight.

He said, I will most likely miss the fresher's week as MoFAT notification will come most likely come in July and when it comes, I should ask MoFAT to book my flight to First week of August. He knows how much I need this scholarship but has warned me not to appear desperate.

And with what Madam Sendi told you and what @Horladotun's Supervisor said, it means we just gat to chill.
Re: Brunei Darussalam 2018/2019 Scholarship For Bachelor And Masters Degree by VICCONCY(m): 11:39am On Jun 19, 2018
While waiting for MoFAT, get these ready otherwise you buy them there at exorbitant rate.

Get the 300BND ready. The Nigerian Immigration won't allow you to board without it. You can send it back when we get there.

Good luck to us!

Re: Brunei Darussalam 2018/2019 Scholarship For Bachelor And Masters Degree by Horladotun(m): 11:23pm On Jun 19, 2018
@Vicconcy. I really appreciate your effort in getting and disseminating updates. I got offer of admission into the master's by research program in biology at faculty of science, UBD. Is there any WhatsApp group for the Brunei Darussalam government scholarship? Also, could it be that international student are being ranked by each schools and presented to the government? Thanks
Re: Brunei Darussalam 2018/2019 Scholarship For Bachelor And Masters Degree by VICCONCY(m): 4:29am On Jun 20, 2018
@Holardotun
Congratulations on your admission into Faculty of Science. I believe each faculty is independent of another in processing admission and granting scholarship. I believe we are competing with other international applicants(nonNigerians) in our respective faculties(CAMES, FIT, FS). Unless there is a limit to number of International MoFAT scholar for each country, then we might be competing against each other. Let's hope the former is the case.

As for BDGS WhatsApp group, I don't think it exist and I won't recommend it either. There is limited information about this scholarship on NL, but if we continue to share our feedbacks from our sources (Friends, Supervisor, Madam Sendi), it'll go a long way in guiding future applicants.

Now we know that
1) application ends last week of February/First week of March.
2) Shortlisted Applicants are interviewed in First week of April
3) Admission list released in 3rd/4th week of May.
4) Don't bother your Supervisor or Madam Sendi; they'll both tell you to wait for MoFAT notification.
5) MoFAT notification?
Re: Brunei Darussalam 2018/2019 Scholarship For Bachelor And Masters Degree by Horladotun(m): 7:45am On Jun 20, 2018
@Vicconcy. I was not interviewed at all before the offer but had submitted a research proposal. I learnt UBD rejected too many applicants this year from Africa especially Nigerians (a reliable source in a PhD student in FIT). So I was thinking they have already submitted our names and profile to Brunei government for approval having rejected many applicants. ( this is my thought since UBD made it compulsory for prospective scholars to apply to them online to enable them make their shortlist instead of waiting for the huge application files submitted by everyone not offered admission. Could GPA be decisive or religion?
Re: Brunei Darussalam 2018/2019 Scholarship For Bachelor And Masters Degree by mkmyers45(m): 11:43am On Jun 20, 2018
Horladotun:
@Vicconcy. I was not interviewed at all before the offer but had submitted a research proposal. I learnt UBD rejected too many applicants this year from Africa especially Nigerians (a reliable source in a PhD student in FIT). So I was thinking they have already submitted our names and profile to Brunei government for approval having rejected many applicants. ( this is my thought since UBD made it compulsory for prospective scholars to apply to them online to enable them make their shortlist instead of waiting for the huge application files submitted by everyone not offered admission. Could GPA be decisive or religion?

why would you say this? MOFAT is giving out the scholarship to attract the very best to a country of 300,000+, if they exclude a particular set of people what do they stand to benefit?
Re: Brunei Darussalam 2018/2019 Scholarship For Bachelor And Masters Degree by Horladotun(m): 3:36pm On Jun 20, 2018
@mkmyers

I am just asking to be sure. Meanwhile, do you have any update? Thanks
Re: Brunei Darussalam 2018/2019 Scholarship For Bachelor And Masters Degree by VICCONCY(m): 4:44pm On Jun 20, 2018
@Holardotun
Unless your are applying for a research in Islamic Studies(which is not the case), don't expect any one to give you special consideration because of your religious belief.
Hope you at least checked the profile of UBD and their vision? Hope you know they broke into the QS Ranking at 349 last year and leaped into 323 this year? YOU DON'T ACHIEVE SUCH FEAT BY BEING A RELIGIOUS BIGOT. Have you checked the percentage of international lecturers/researchers UBD has? It's 51%; they want the best. Hope you observed the surge in their research output and publications in high indexed journals? Hope you know as an MSc student you must have at least one peer reviewed work before you will be awarded your MSc degree? UBD aims to be among the Top 1% in the world and they can only achieve that by giving scholarship to the best applicants the can get.

I'm a Christian and I have a good CGPA(Top5%) but if there is something I've learnt in my two years search for a Graduate scholarship, it's that a lot of factors come into play. There is always someone with a better GPA than you. While your GPA and profile may not be high to win you a scholarship in your faculty, it might just be more than enough for another faculty.
So Holardotun, forget about how great your GPA is and the religious sentiment; just hope to beat whatever measures they use for selection.

@mymykers45
Hello! Are you an applicant like us or a MoFAT scholar?

1 Like

Re: Brunei Darussalam 2018/2019 Scholarship For Bachelor And Masters Degree by mkmyers45(m): 6:09pm On Jun 20, 2018
VICCONCY:
@Holardotun

@mymykers45
Hello! Are you an applicant like us or a MoFAT scholar?

An applicant....Have recieved admission waiting on MOFAT
Re: Brunei Darussalam 2018/2019 Scholarship For Bachelor And Masters Degree by mkmyers45(m): 6:23pm On Jun 20, 2018
Horladotun:
@mkmyers

I am just asking to be sure. Meanwhile, do you have any update? Thanks

Unfortunately due to the format change my source is not much help...Cheers!!!
Re: Brunei Darussalam 2018/2019 Scholarship For Bachelor And Masters Degree by VICCONCY(m): 11:45pm On Jun 20, 2018
@mymkers45
Wow! The number is increasing!
Which Faculty?
Re: Brunei Darussalam 2018/2019 Scholarship For Bachelor And Masters Degree by mkmyers45(m): 10:48am On Jun 21, 2018
VICCONCY:
@mymkers45
Wow! The number is increasing!
Which Faculty?

FS...Actually add one more because my friend too got admitted. He surfs this thread but hasn't yet dropped a comment

2 Likes

Re: Brunei Darussalam 2018/2019 Scholarship For Bachelor And Masters Degree by Horladotun(m): 9:49pm On Jun 21, 2018
@mymkers

Which program in faculty of Science?
Re: Brunei Darussalam 2018/2019 Scholarship For Bachelor And Masters Degree by mkmyers45(m): 10:19pm On Jun 21, 2018
Horladotun:
@mymkers

Which program in faculty of Science?

M.RSc Geology

(1) (2) (3) (Reply)

Waec Certificate Recovery / This Fit Only Happen In 1 Naija School, Wch Sch E Fit Be? (pics) / Uniben Postume Timetable

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (0) (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2019 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 146
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.