₦airaland Forum

Welcome, Guest: Join Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 2,163,022 members, 4,713,091 topics. Date: Wednesday, 23 January 2019 at 04:29 AM

Brunei Darussalam 2018/2019 Scholarship For Bachelor And Masters Degree - Education (2) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Education / Brunei Darussalam 2018/2019 Scholarship For Bachelor And Masters Degree (3718 Views)

University Of Brunei Darussalam Knowledge Test For Master Program (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Brunei Darussalam 2018/2019 Scholarship For Bachelor And Masters Degree by VICCONCY(m): 8:18am On Jun 23, 2018
Hjh N. Ya'akub just dropped the Welcome Email which contains information on how to activate our UBD login email and how to register for modules in GIS. smiley Hope y'll got it?

BUT MoFAT Make them send this notification na

@Mkmyers45
If your friend has been surfing this thread all these while without commenting, it's safe to say there are other people like him. This is one of the reasons they create WhatsApp groups.
That's by the way, do you guys know any current MoFAT scholar?

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Brunei Darussalam 2018/2019 Scholarship For Bachelor And Masters Degree by Horladotun(m): 4:05pm On Jun 23, 2018
@Vicconcy

I also received the mail. It was mind-blowing you know..

@Mymyer45

Okay. Mine is Biology by research

1 Like

Re: Brunei Darussalam 2018/2019 Scholarship For Bachelor And Masters Degree by mkmyers45(m): 10:59am On Jun 24, 2018
VICCONCY:

@Mkmyers45
If your friend has been surfing this thread all these while without commenting, it's safe to say there are other people like him. This is one of the reasons they create WhatsApp groups.
That's by the way, do you guys know any current MoFAT scholar?

Probably there are more. Should we call Madam Sendi?
Re: Brunei Darussalam 2018/2019 Scholarship For Bachelor And Masters Degree by VICCONCY(m): 5:58pm On Jun 24, 2018
I think we should just let them do their thing(shortlisting and selection)
Re: Brunei Darussalam 2018/2019 Scholarship For Bachelor And Masters Degree by mkmyers45(m): 11:37am On Jun 25, 2018
VICCONCY:
I think we should just let them do their thing(shortlisting and selection)

I think i'll call by Friday to see if there is any hope...

Goodluck to us all

1 Like

Re: Brunei Darussalam 2018/2019 Scholarship For Bachelor And Masters Degree by mkmyers45(m): 11:38am On Jun 25, 2018
Horladotun:
@Vicconcy

@Mymyer45

Okay. Mine is Biology by research

Cool!!!!
Re: Brunei Darussalam 2018/2019 Scholarship For Bachelor And Masters Degree by VICCONCY(m): 9:00am On Jun 26, 2018
Hi guys
I activated my official mail yesterday. Then sent an inquiry to Madam Sendi with Admission Office as cc

Me:

"Intro....

I write to seek directives on the proper channel I can use to contact MoFAT so as to ascertain the status of my BDGS 2018 Application and how to procure my Entry Pass/Student Visa."

Madam Sendi:

"Dear Sir,
BDGS not under my office responsible.
Thank you."

So vague!
Don't want to send another mail before she starts stereotyping Nigerians.

I'm running out of chill pills

@Holardotun
@mkmyers45
@chebyshev

Any good news from ends?
Re: Brunei Darussalam 2018/2019 Scholarship For Bachelor And Masters Degree by mkmyers45(m): 10:35am On Jun 26, 2018
VICCONCY:
Hi guys
I activated my official mail yesterday. Then sent an inquiry to Madam Sendi with Admission Office as cc

Me:

"Intro....

I write to seek directives on the proper channel I can use to contact MoFAT so as to ascertain the status of my BDGS 2018 Application and how to procure my Entry Pass/Student Visa."

Madam Sendi:

"Dear Sir,
Thank you."

So vague!

@Holardotun
@mkmyers45
@chebyshev

Any good news from ends?

Hmmm

Na wa o!!!!!! Make we just wait.

I will call by Monday 2nd July to hear whats up
Re: Brunei Darussalam 2018/2019 Scholarship For Bachelor And Masters Degree by chebyshev(m): 1:13pm On Jun 26, 2018
@Vicconcy,

I send an email to my supervisor last week about the scholarship.According to him, he his yet to hear of any MoFAT scholar for the 2018/2019 admission year. He also explained in his mail that the scholarship notification can sometimes be delayed for 2-3 weeks after the orientation week. In summary, I was advised to wait for their response.

So guys, I suppose we should all relax and wait for their response. We can get busy with other things like getting your travel insurance ready, reading more about your propose research and getting the necessary items you will need when you get to UBD.

Best wishes.

1 Like

Re: Brunei Darussalam 2018/2019 Scholarship For Bachelor And Masters Degree by VICCONCY(m): 2:23pm On Jun 26, 2018
@chebyshev
Thanks for the info.

@Mkmyers45
It's more official to send a mail.
Re: Brunei Darussalam 2018/2019 Scholarship For Bachelor And Masters Degree by Ahmady186: 5:41pm On Jun 28, 2018
Pls what about undergraduate applicant is there any notification?
Re: Brunei Darussalam 2018/2019 Scholarship For Bachelor And Masters Degree by Ahmady186: 5:45pm On Jun 28, 2018
You guys should please create WhatsApp group for us to keep intouch.
Re: Brunei Darussalam 2018/2019 Scholarship For Bachelor And Masters Degree by mkmyers45(m): 7:51pm On Jun 28, 2018
Ahmady186:
You guys should please create WhatsApp group for us to keep intouch.
Are you a scholar?
Re: Brunei Darussalam 2018/2019 Scholarship For Bachelor And Masters Degree by Ahmady186: 10:01pm On Jun 28, 2018
[quote author=mkmyers45 post=68912281] Are you a scholar?[/qu exote]

Yes I am, for more about this mofat we hav to wait a little more please in need of WhatsApp group
Re: Brunei Darussalam 2018/2019 Scholarship For Bachelor And Masters Degree by Bintash: 12:23am On Jun 30, 2018
Horladotun:
@Vicconcy. I really appreciate your effort in getting and disseminating updates. I got offer of admission into the master's by research program in biology at faculty of science, UBD. Is there any WhatsApp group for the Brunei Darussalam government scholarship? Also, could it be that international student are being ranked by each schools and presented to the government? Thanks
I was told by one of mofat officials that the decision on award of scholarship can be expected by late June or early July 2018. Successful applicants will b notified via email and official Letter... Hope this helps

1 Like

Re: Brunei Darussalam 2018/2019 Scholarship For Bachelor And Masters Degree by Bintash: 12:26am On Jun 30, 2018
mkmyers45:
Are you a scholar?
That would be great...as only successful candidates will b notified, it will be great to know when such notifications re done
Re: Brunei Darussalam 2018/2019 Scholarship For Bachelor And Masters Degree by Ahmady186: 6:57am On Jun 30, 2018
I also heard about that from a reliable source, please is there any undergraduate student here.
Re: Brunei Darussalam 2018/2019 Scholarship For Bachelor And Masters Degree by mkmyers45(m): 11:17am On Jun 30, 2018
Bintash:

I was told by one of mofat officials that the decision on award of scholarship can be expected by late June or early July 2018. Successful applicants will b notified via email and official Letter... Hope this helps

Its already late June nah grin grin grin grin grin

End of next week is end of early July so hmmmm shocked shocked shocked shocked shocked
Re: Brunei Darussalam 2018/2019 Scholarship For Bachelor And Masters Degree by Bintash: 2:14pm On Jun 30, 2018
mkmyers45:

Its already late June nah grin grin grin grin grin

End of next week is end of early July so hmmmm shocked shocked shocked shocked shocked

Yea, fingers crossed! �
Re: Brunei Darussalam 2018/2019 Scholarship For Bachelor And Masters Degree by Bintash: 2:16pm On Jun 30, 2018
Bintash:

That would be great...as only successful candidates will b notified, it will be great to know when such notifications re done
Am an applicant too
Re: Brunei Darussalam 2018/2019 Scholarship For Bachelor And Masters Degree by Bintash: 2:29pm On Jun 30, 2018
VICCONCY:
Hi guys

Me:

"Intro....

Madam Sendi:

"Dear Sir,
Thank you."

So vague!

@Holardotun
@mkmyers45
@chebyshev

Any good news from ends?
Mofat official actually responded to me very nicely... That d decision on d award of scholarship can b expected by late June or early July nd that only successful candidates will b notified via email nd official letter... So let's let them be guys... We should expect their decision within next week tops, after that its a no deal... Good luck to us naijas

1 Like

Re: Brunei Darussalam 2018/2019 Scholarship For Bachelor And Masters Degree by mkmyers45(m): 2:42pm On Jun 30, 2018
Ahmady186:
I also heard about that from a reliable source, please is there any undergraduate student here.

I guess we all heard this same announcement from Madam Sendi earlier in June...Lets see
Re: Brunei Darussalam 2018/2019 Scholarship For Bachelor And Masters Degree by Ahmady186: 5:58pm On Jun 30, 2018
Well all we have to do is to keep on praying � for success
@mkmyers45
@viconncy
@bintash
Moreover have you make an enquiry for d total money we should prepare for @viconncy wink
Re: Brunei Darussalam 2018/2019 Scholarship For Bachelor And Masters Degree by VICCONCY(m): 11:22pm On Jun 30, 2018
@Ahmady186
You'll be needing about 300BND(about NGN82,000) as a gate pass at our Airport. You'll also be needing your insurance even though MoFAT will procure insurance for you.

@all
Let's let them be. I've accepted that I will miss the fresher's week. So, I'll jejely be expecting their long waited notification anytime it comes whether this week , next week or late July.
Re: Brunei Darussalam 2018/2019 Scholarship For Bachelor And Masters Degree by Ahmady186: 5:57am On Jul 01, 2018
Wish we will all be successful nd notified. By mofat. In addition you we will require to open a bank account with any brunei bank nd d minimum is 50bnd is this also part of the 300 bnd. And have you make enquiry on how and how much is the insurance is.
@vicconcy
Re: Brunei Darussalam 2018/2019 Scholarship For Bachelor And Masters Degree by forwardvent(m): 1:10pm On Jul 01, 2018
Hey Guys,

Anyone applied to UBD School of Business and Economics for Master Program and have received admission offer?
Re: Brunei Darussalam 2018/2019 Scholarship For Bachelor And Masters Degree by VICCONCY(m): 5:02am On Jul 02, 2018
@Ahmady186
Your 300BND is your money. You ain't giving it to Immigration Officers. It's just a gate pass. That money is also enough to cover all your expenses before your first stipend.
I haven't made enquiries on how and how much the insurance is. That one is not a problem. Getting notified by MoFAT is the main thing.
Re: Brunei Darussalam 2018/2019 Scholarship For Bachelor And Masters Degree by Ahmady186: 6:30am On Jul 02, 2018
I always pray 4 success wish they will notify us sharply nd also be part of successful candidates ameen.
Re: Brunei Darussalam 2018/2019 Scholarship For Bachelor And Masters Degree by Horladotun(m): 1:24pm On Jul 03, 2018
@forwardvent

The admission offer was sent the same period for all master's program. Have you been offered a place?
Re: Brunei Darussalam 2018/2019 Scholarship For Bachelor And Masters Degree by Ahmady186: 5:16pm On Jul 03, 2018
My own is yet to send because am an undergraduate applicant, I also heard from a reliable source that the ar done with postgraduate applicant and very soon we will receive the MOFAT notification.
Re: Brunei Darussalam 2018/2019 Scholarship For Bachelor And Masters Degree by mkmyers45(m): 6:25pm On Jul 03, 2018
Ahmady186:
My own is yet to send because am an undergraduate applicant, I also heard from a reliable source that the ar done with postgraduate applicant and very soon we will receive the MOFAT notification.

How soon?
Re: Brunei Darussalam 2018/2019 Scholarship For Bachelor And Masters Degree by Ahmady186: 6:58am On Jul 04, 2018
As we are on early July and pee fresher's week is on 19. The visa is VOA we don't have to border about it

(1) (2) (3) (Reply)

2015/2016 Jamb Cbt Utme Chemistry Exam Expo Runs Runz Questions/answers 2015/201 / NYSC Member (MALE) With Makeup On His Handsome Attire-trending News!!! / What Is The English Name For IGBAKO..

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (0) (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2019 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 88
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.