Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,143,497 members, 7,781,494 topics. Date: Friday, 29 March 2024 at 03:29 PM

Does Age Really Matter For A Romantic Relationship? - Romance - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Romance / Does Age Really Matter For A Romantic Relationship? (18235 Views)

Does Age Matter In Relationships ? / Does The Clitoris Get Bigger & Does Size Really Matter For Women Pleasure? (Pix) / Does Age Really Matter When It Comes To Marriage? (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply) (Go Down)

Does Age Really Matter For A Romantic Relationship? by Nobody: 3:58pm On Jan 01, 2018
I'm 21 (22 by feb 4th). I met this girl whom I really liked back then. I stayed on her matter from the day i saw her till I graduated. Went back to school later last year for my clearance and asked her out again and when she was on the verge of saying 'yes' the issue of 'age' came up. She's a year older and held that against us happening.. It really broke my heart though. I tried explaining why I think age doesn't matter but my words fell on deaf ears.

Problem now is that, I'm almost 22, a graduate and those I come across are mostly older than I am and it's killing me.

Does age really matter? Can't she just be older?!

11 Likes 1 Share

Re: Does Age Really Matter For A Romantic Relationship? by ikp120(m): 4:04pm On Jan 01, 2018
No, it doesn't. Just make sure he or she ain't underage tho' angry

Time to hide your age! angry

18 Likes

Re: Does Age Really Matter For A Romantic Relationship? by ubunja(m): 4:18pm On Jan 01, 2018
that age difference is too small to matter as long as you dont want something very long lasting.
you must keep your age to yourself in the near future.
and NO. she just cant be older. coz gals mature faster than boys. your maturity level at 22 is roughly equal to that of a 17 yr old gal. and if she is 23, then her maturity match is a man of about 28. girls are about 5 yrs ahead of men in terms of maturity (physical,mental,sexual) .

96 Likes 7 Shares

Re: Does Age Really Matter For A Romantic Relationship? by chigoizie7(m): 4:18pm On Jan 01, 2018
Yes, if u really want it to last.

But if na chop and clean mouth. Bros fire down. Toto no get meter .

14 Likes

Re: Does Age Really Matter For A Romantic Relationship? by oyetpel(m): 9:43pm On Jan 01, 2018
ubunja:
that age difference is too small to matter as long as you dont want something very long lasting.
you must keep your age to yourself in the near future.
and NO. she just cant be older. coz gals mature faster than boys. your maturity level at 22 is roughly equal to that of a 17 yr old gal. and if she is 23, then her maturity match is a man of about 28. girls are about 5 yrs ahead of men in terms of maturity (physical,mental,sexual) .

Word ubunja

4 Likes

Re: Does Age Really Matter For A Romantic Relationship? by Nobody: 6:45am On Jan 02, 2018
Lalasticlala Mynd44 Dominique
Re: Does Age Really Matter For A Romantic Relationship? by TheHistorian(m): 1:49pm On Jan 02, 2018
Maybe you don't present yourself emotionally and psychologically mature as She'd expected.

This is where to start from: Conversation

Whenever you are around her,talk lesser about mundane and irrelevant issues.Engage her maturely,tell her to share her dreams with you.Don't over-do things and act all clingy.

You can join the beardGANG too! cheesy

19 Likes 1 Share

Re: Does Age Really Matter For A Romantic Relationship? by ekems2017(f): 1:49pm On Jan 02, 2018
Age matters in a relationship. If you want it to last. Even if you want to hit and run. What if you meet someone that wants to settle down and you assured her that age is not a problem only for the story to change in future?

4 Likes

Re: Does Age Really Matter For A Romantic Relationship? by people4rmVillag: 1:49pm On Jan 02, 2018
Where there is respect and loyalty, age doesn't matter

7 Likes

Re: Does Age Really Matter For A Romantic Relationship? by Sirheny007(m): 1:50pm On Jan 02, 2018
Age doesn't matter.
She's a year older and she's acting like a kid.
angry angry angry

12 Likes

Re: Does Age Really Matter For A Romantic Relationship? by Teniola2000: 1:50pm On Jan 02, 2018
No. ..not at all dear
Re: Does Age Really Matter For A Romantic Relationship? by Nobody: 1:50pm On Jan 02, 2018
Age doesnt really matter, she's just looking for an excuse not to date you besides both of your ages are not far apart.

14 Likes

Re: Does Age Really Matter For A Romantic Relationship? by Nobody: 1:50pm On Jan 02, 2018
No, age is just but a number. love conquers all
Re: Does Age Really Matter For A Romantic Relationship? by Nobody: 1:51pm On Jan 02, 2018
smiley
Re: Does Age Really Matter For A Romantic Relationship? by narutop: 1:51pm On Jan 02, 2018
As long as she doesn't look like your auntie, it doesn't matter

4 Likes

Re: Does Age Really Matter For A Romantic Relationship? by dingbang(m): 1:51pm On Jan 02, 2018
For me it matters
Re: Does Age Really Matter For A Romantic Relationship? by MhizzAJ(f): 1:51pm On Jan 02, 2018
It doesn't matter as long as you love her
Re: Does Age Really Matter For A Romantic Relationship? by Nobody: 1:52pm On Jan 02, 2018
No it doesn't, understanding and maturity which has little to do with age matters alot.

3 Likes

Re: Does Age Really Matter For A Romantic Relationship? by datfreshdoc(m): 1:52pm On Jan 02, 2018
Nope.. not in your case. You just gotta have brains and sweet mouth... shikena

Thank me later.

1 Like

Re: Does Age Really Matter For A Romantic Relationship? by Uyiii: 1:53pm On Jan 02, 2018
MhizzAJ:
I'm gonna be following you bumper to bumper today.

dear Mr op, age is overrated.
she's a year older? you're very much in line, the difference is not gonna be conspicuous.

some of us actually like them older.
#teamoldwink

7 Likes 1 Share

Re: Does Age Really Matter For A Romantic Relationship? by ednut1(m): 1:53pm On Jan 02, 2018
Yes it does. The gal is looking forward to marriage in 2-3 years but u as a guy na 8-10 years. So no blame her

11 Likes

Re: Does Age Really Matter For A Romantic Relationship? by kabayomi(m): 1:54pm On Jan 02, 2018
For us too?
MhizzAJ:
Re: Does Age Really Matter For A Romantic Relationship? by merryossai(m): 1:54pm On Jan 02, 2018
any man that is well to do, is old enough to date his mate. life has thought me that; its not about being of age, but about being of stage(financial maturity). with this your age(21yrs) and your financial stage, I must admit age is a barrier cos both of u can't settle down as couple in the future. u just graduated, u should channel more of your effort in making money, or dating a younger girl u can marry in 5 or 10yrs time and not dating your aunty.

14 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Does Age Really Matter For A Romantic Relationship? by Chuukwudi(m): 1:54pm On Jan 02, 2018
Me too
Re: Does Age Really Matter For A Romantic Relationship? by Harrynight(m): 1:55pm On Jan 02, 2018
Dating: well age doesnt really matter

marriage: yes its matters, many will tell it doesnt matter, well... shortly after marriage u'll get to undstand my point!

goodluck thu!

3 Likes

Re: Does Age Really Matter For A Romantic Relationship? by Partnerbiz3: 1:56pm On Jan 02, 2018
Yes o
Re: Does Age Really Matter For A Romantic Relationship? by Djsticks: 1:59pm On Jan 02, 2018
Hmmm
Re: Does Age Really Matter For A Romantic Relationship? by sod09(m): 1:59pm On Jan 02, 2018
I don't think so...if there's love though
This Africa age mentality gotta stop

3 Likes

Re: Does Age Really Matter For A Romantic Relationship? by mrolive: 1:59pm On Jan 02, 2018
like the other guy said.. all u need is sweet mouth and brains!! u don hit the jackpot b dat

1 Like

Re: Does Age Really Matter For A Romantic Relationship? by free2ryhme: 2:00pm On Jan 02, 2018
Gbadegesin19:
I'm 21 (22 by feb 4th). I met this girl whom I really liked back then. I stayed on her matter from the day i saw her till I graduated. Went back to school later last year for my clearance and asked her out again and when she was on the verge of saying 'yes' the issue of 'age' came up. She's a year older and held that against us happening.. It really broke my heart though. I tried explaining why I think age doesn't matter but my words fell on deaf ears.

Problem now is that, I'm almost 22, a graduate and those I come across are mostly older than I am and it's killing me.

Does age really matter? Can't she just be older?!

Take an older woman to your mother's house for marriage her reaction is your final answer

7 Likes

Re: Does Age Really Matter For A Romantic Relationship? by Franky826: 2:01pm On Jan 02, 2018
grin

Lol bro is obviously new in the game.

See during my mad days I never dated someone I was older than, they were all older than me the closest I've ever had was same year. She was born 23rd may and i was July 22. Still she respected me as though I was her father.

The secret?

Wait for it.....

LIES!

It's the most illogical potent weapon to dating older women.

See them ladies would never respect you if they knew they were older than you. Their ego won't let most of them, it's almost natural in most of em.

Don't say your age first, trick them to always say theirs first grin. And then Interpolate and add numbers to your real age

That's how I dated one aunty back then in my 2nd year or so in school.

Babe got mad curves. The day she told me her age my heart flew grin I had to compose myself back again and added 6years on top of my age.

The rest was history grin

You are welcome grin

16 Likes

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply)

PHOTOS: Ugandans In Shocked As Sasha Sania Completely N*k.ked Photos Leaked / My Experience With A Hook Up Girl Tonight (terrible) / .

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 29
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.