Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,148,637 members, 7,801,842 topics. Date: Friday, 19 April 2024 at 01:37 AM

We Need Gun Rights In Nigeria !! - Politics - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / We Need Gun Rights In Nigeria !! (3286 Views)

Boko Haram Confronts Buratai With Mortar Gun Attacks In Borno Camp / Lagos Sex Workers Demand Equal Rights In Celebration Of Workers Day . / You Have Equal Rights In Katsina– Gov. Masari Tells Katsina Christians (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (Reply) (Go Down)

We Need Gun Rights In Nigeria !! by Nobody: 4:38pm On Jan 01, 2018
I think we've had enough of this rubbish in Nigeria if it's not Fulani herdsmen, its boko haram or Badoo cult group, or some gun men bouncing into a church, if the Government cannot protect us then let us protect ourselves.

6 Likes

Re: We Need Gun Rights In Nigeria !! by Nobody: 4:40pm On Jan 01, 2018
Guns Make You A Citizen
Hitler understood the importance of Gun Rights
"The most foolish mistake we could possibly make would be to allow the subject races to possess arms. History shows that all conquerors who have allowed their subject races to carry arms have prepared their own downfall by so doing. Indeed, I would go so far as to say that the supply of arms to the underdogs is a sine qua non for the overthrow of any sovereignty. So let's not have any native militia or native police. German troops alone will bear the sole responsibility for the maintenance of law and order throughout the occupied Russian territories, and a system of military strong-points must be evolved to cover the entire occupied country."

SOURCE: Adolf Hitler, dinner talk on April 11, 1942, quoted in Hitler's Table Talk 1941-44: His Private Conversations, Second Edition (1973), Pg. 425-426. Translated by Norman Cameron and R. H. Stevens. Introduced and with a new preface by H. R. Trevor-Roper. The original German papers were known as Bormann-Vermerke.

If you don't have guns you're a bloody civilian not a citizen of the country
No guns=No defense=No freedom

3 Likes

Re: We Need Gun Rights In Nigeria !! by Nobody: 4:42pm On Jan 01, 2018
Won't Crime Rate Increase?
This is the most common misconception that if everyone has guns crime rate will explode https://people.howstuffworks.com/strict-gun-laws-less-crime1.htm
In Cuba, Fidel Castro controls every aspect of life with an iron hand, including gun ownership.Castro remembers well how he and his rag-tag armed Communist rebels overthrew the government of Fulgencio Batista and set up a Communist dictatorship. An armed populace is threatening to a repressive government. Still, somebody in Cuba is obtaining guns and using them to murder fellow citizens. Cuba's murder rate is 7.8

The former Soviet state of Lithuania is now an independent democratic country. But it still retains some vestiges of Stalinism. Lithuania's citizens must obtain a police permit to buy a gun. All guns are registered with the government. Somehow these restrictions are not deterring the criminal element; Lithuania has an unenviable murder rate of 11.7.

Gun control in Mexico is a fascinating case study. Mexican gun laws are simply draconian. No civilian may own a gun larger than .22 caliber, and a permit is required to buy one. All guns in Mexico are registered with the Ministry Of Defense. Guns may not be carried in public, either openly or concealed
Mexico's murder rate is an eye-popping 17.5. Mexican authorities are fond of blaming the high murder rate on firearms smuggled across the border from the United States. Nonsense. The U.S. has many more personal guns than Mexico, yettheir murder rate is far lower than Mexico's. It is Mexico's absurd gun laws that prevent law-abiding citizens from protecting themselves against illegally armed criminals.
In Switzerland gun ownership is a way of life it's murder rate is 2.7
In Finland gun ownership is normal it's murder rate is 2.9
Gun rights don't increase murder it reduces it

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: We Need Gun Rights In Nigeria !! by Nobody: 4:46pm On Jan 01, 2018
It's time we demand our gun rights in this country

Cc lalasticlala
Seun
Mynd44
OAM4J

Re: We Need Gun Rights In Nigeria !! by JacksonD7: 4:47pm On Jan 01, 2018
I stand by you brother, guns have their pros and cons. But, looking at everything the pros outweigh the cons.
Re: We Need Gun Rights In Nigeria !! by adidasBarca: 4:57pm On Jan 01, 2018
ok oooo
Re: We Need Gun Rights In Nigeria !! by LordIsaac(m): 5:10pm On Jan 01, 2018
Even those authorized to use them are known for extra judicial killings. How much more will be perpetrated by 90% of insane Nigerians roaming out there? Let them wait first let me port to another country before clamouring for this madness.

5 Likes

Re: We Need Gun Rights In Nigeria !! by Blue3k(m): 5:11pm On Jan 01, 2018
Cool with me. The only reason I don't own fund is fact those things are bot cheap. I would rather spend money on anything else honestly since I feel pretty safe anyway.

I'd buy 1911 and .45 as my handguns.
Re: We Need Gun Rights In Nigeria !! by Lovetinz(m): 5:17pm On Jan 01, 2018
grin grin grin
Your first picture depicts a set of people with the unenviable record of murdering over 5 million people.

Gun rights?
Bring it on!

My uncle runs a funeral home.
Re: We Need Gun Rights In Nigeria !! by Nobody: 5:27pm On Jan 01, 2018
LordIsaac:
Even those authorized to use them are known for extra judicial killings. How much more will be perpetrated by 90% of insane Nigerians roaming out there? Let them wait first let me port to another country before clamouring for this madness.
Are you part of the insane Nigerians out there?
Re: We Need Gun Rights In Nigeria !! by Pavore9: 5:32pm On Jan 01, 2018
With the prevelant mental state?

1 Like

Re: We Need Gun Rights In Nigeria !! by bloodmoneyspita: 6:30pm On Jan 01, 2018
think for yourself, when was the last time the police really protected Nigerians?

they don't, they only appear after the crime has been committed.

only the rich get protected.

A thief will never go to rob a neighborhood where everyone has a gun... think.

not having a gun does not stop criminals from getting one so at the end you're disadvantaged.

we all need a gun.

3 Likes

Re: We Need Gun Rights In Nigeria !! by Saaruman(m): 6:54pm On Jan 01, 2018
The question now is, will the zoo agree to gun rights?
Re: We Need Gun Rights In Nigeria !! by Nobody: 7:00pm On Jan 01, 2018
Dfire:
I think we've had enough of this rubbish in Nigeria if it's not Fulani herdsmen, its boko haram or Badoo cult group, or some gun men bouncing into a church, if the Government cannot protect us then let us protect ourselves.
30,000+ Americans die yearly from gun violence

3 Likes

Re: We Need Gun Rights In Nigeria !! by Nobody: 7:33pm On Jan 01, 2018
imhotep:

30,000+ Americans die yearly from gun violence
so? At least 60000 Nigerians die yearly from gun violence with gun control http://www.nationmaster.com/country-info/compare/Nigeria/United-States/Crime , https://www.theguardian.com/news/datablog/2009/oct/13/homicide-rates-country-murder-data
Re: We Need Gun Rights In Nigeria !! by khadaffi(m): 9:04pm On Jan 01, 2018
The truth is that we all need a gun in this country. Only shallow minded people have not figured this out. Some years ago a legislator stood up in the to describe how armed men cross the Nigerian border from Chad and hold Nigerians hostage for WEEKS, rapping the females while the males are used as laborers. You can imagine the trauma being suffered.

The question I kept asking myself is where are the law enforcement officers?

A governor has over 60 police officers protecting him. How many officers do we even have altogether? If they want the police to protect the rich, fine but at least give the poor the weapons to defend themselves when the need arises.

The reasons they keep giving for not doing this does not water.
Re: We Need Gun Rights In Nigeria !! by Nobody: 9:09pm On Jan 01, 2018
Keep waiting for gun right until your family is affected. Help yourself if you can and if you cannot, then keep praying.
Re: We Need Gun Rights In Nigeria !! by nabiz(m): 9:17pm On Jan 01, 2018
JacksonD7:
I stand by you brother, guns have their pros and cons. But, looking at everything the pros outweigh the cons.
supported. as far as i have my ak47 you can even scrape police i don't need their service

1 Like

Re: We Need Gun Rights In Nigeria !! by ManirBK: 9:28pm On Jan 01, 2018
Dfire:
Why ipob terrors excluded?
Re: We Need Gun Rights In Nigeria !! by lastmessenger: 9:30pm On Jan 01, 2018
bloodmoneyspita:
think for yourself, when was the last time the police really protected Nigerians?

they don't, they only appear after the crime has been committed.

only the rich get protected.

A thief will never go to rob a neighborhood where everyone has a gun... think.

not having a gun does not stop criminals from getting one so at the end you're disadvantaged.

we all need a gun.
my brother I totally do agree with you. The worst state you can find yourself is to be at mercy of a man who has a gun and is ready to kill without mercy.
It is better that I die defending myself than that my enemy comes and I can't even defend myself.
We need guns to protect ourselves in this country.
Think for yourself for once,will those villages ravaged by bokoharam be the way they are if they people have guns to protect themselves?
Again, I repeat we need guns. Enough is enough

2 Likes

Re: We Need Gun Rights In Nigeria !! by MissWrite(f): 9:57pm On Jan 01, 2018
Pavore9:
With the prevelant mental state?

Exactly what I was thinking. The average Nigerian is angry bordering on psychotic - rowdy arguments, road rage, gra-gra, I-big-pass-you. If we all carry guns, the chaos that would ensue is best not imagined. This is a country where it's not so hard to get away with murder; the authorities always claim they're underfunded when it's time to do their work. I wish we could carry guns more easily, but we need to heal the psyche of the populace first.

1 Like

Re: We Need Gun Rights In Nigeria !! by khadaffi(m): 6:33am On Jan 02, 2018
MissWrite:

Exactly what I was thinking. The average Nigerian is angry bordering on psychotic - rowdy arguments, road rage, gra-gra, I-big-pass-you. If we all carry guns, the chaos that would ensue is best not imagined. This is a country where it's not so hard to get away with murder; the authorities always claim they're underfunded when it's time to do their work. I wish we could carry guns more easily, but we need to heal the psyche of the populace first.

I don't know which part of Nigeria you stay but pls don't deceive yourself, its very easy to get a gun in Nig. The only problem you might face getting one is the fund. For example if you need one, join any of these local cult group and let the leader know that you need a gun and wait for his response. Its even more easier in the Niger delta part of nig. Gun control does not put guns in the hand of the criminals because whether you like it or not the criminals already have a gun and means of getting one, rather it puts guns in the hands of the helpless citizens who will be at the mercy of these criminals if something is not done.

1 Like

Re: We Need Gun Rights In Nigeria !! by MissWrite(f): 9:06am On Jan 02, 2018
khadaffi:

I don't know which part of Nigeria you stay but pls don't deceive yourself, its very easy to get a gun in Nig. The only problem you might face getting one is the fund. For example if you need one, join any of these local cult group and let the leader know that you need a gun and wait for his response. Its even more easier in the Niger delta part of nig. Gun control does not put guns in the hand of the criminals because whether you like it or not the criminals already have a gun and means of getting one, rather it puts guns in the hands of the helpless citizens who will be at the mercy of these criminals if something is not done.

Whatever your morning pick-me-up is, coffee or tea, please endeavor to indulge yourself before quoting someone. At least, it would increase your cognition and reduce the chances of you making yourself an unnecessary annoyance so early in the morning. CAN they? And SHOULD they? Are two separate arguments in the gun debate. Let's not even go into the methods you proffered for acquiring a gun as contraband; the argument is that: it would give me so much satisfaction to push a button right now and have your head explode wherever you are, just for annoying me this morning. If you were in front of me and I had a gun, I would likely shoot you. Not to protect myself, but because I find you annoying and because the gun is in my hand and would likely shut you up. We have so many unstable citizens who would be annoyed by: a girl turning them down; someone refusing to accept their point of view; someone cutting in in front of them in a queue or in traffic; someone calling you "woman!" In that annoying derogatory manner. And we can be so impulsive too that a bullet in the head would fix everything. There will be a lot of killers that would be let off on the technicality of "temporary insanity". But people should not be holding guns in that moment of insanity. There should be that cooling-off period where what you do next defines you. Are you going to chill? Or are you going to plan a murder?

So please, the issue in that post wasn't how to acquire guns in Nigeria. It's that the average mentality of Nigerians should not be empowered with guns because, in my opinion, it would result in more harm than good. This concern isn't even just limited to Nigerians. Even countries where the government has not frustrated its citizens into becoming tire-wielding mobs, have these concerns. Oscar Pistorius has had the opportunity to discover that he's a killer after all. Most of us don't know who we are and what we are capable of until we have power.

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: We Need Gun Rights In Nigeria !! by Nobody: 9:13am On Jan 02, 2018
MissWrite:

Whatever your morning pick-me-up is, coffee or tea, please endeavor to indulge yourself before quoting someone. At least, it would increase your cognition and reduce the chances of you making yourself an unnecessary annoyance so early in the morning. CAN they? And SHOULD they? Are two separate arguments in the gun debate. Let's not even go into the methods you proffered for acquiring a gun as contraband; the argument is that: it would give me so much satisfaction to push a button right now and have your head explode wherever you are, just for annoying me this morning. If you were in front of me and I had a gun, I would likely shoot you. Not to protect myself, but because I find you annoying and because the gun is in my hand and would likely shut you up. We have so many unstable citizens who would be annoyed by: a girl turning them down; someone refusing to accept their point of view; someone cutting in in front of them in a queue or in traffic; someone calling you "woman!" In that annoying derogatory manner. And we can be so impulsive too that a bullet in the head would fix everything. There will be a lot of killers that would be let off on the technicality of "temporary insanity". But people should not be holding guns in that moment of insanity. There should be that cooling-off period where what you do next defines you. Are you going to chill? Or are you going to plan a murder?

So please, the issue in that post wasn't how to acquire guns in Nigeria. It's that the average mentality of Nigerians should not be empowered with guns because, in my opinion, it would result in more harm than good. This concern isn't even just limited to Nigerians. Even countries where the government has not frustrated its citizens into becoming tire-wielding mobs, have these concerns. Oscar Pistorius has had the opportunity to discover that he's a killer after all. Most of us don't know who we are and what we are capable of until we have power.
I actually like your conclusion " Most of us won't know what we are capable of until we have power" you simply guess that if we have guns things will be like so and so but you can never know till we have it, there are people who get annoyed pissed in many of those gun ownership countries take Israel it doesn't always result in them pulling the trigger so don't just guess the mentality of Nigerians
Re: We Need Gun Rights In Nigeria !! by MissWrite(f): 9:34am On Jan 02, 2018
Dfire:
I actually like your conclusion " Most of us won't know what we are capable of until we have power" you simply guess that if we have guns things will be like so and so but you can never know till we have it, there are people who get annoyed pissed in many of those gun ownership countries take Israel it doesn't always result in them pulling the trigger so don't just guess the mentality of Nigerians

Okay. But we are all just guessing. I am assuming that the mentality would be a problem; and you're assuming that it won't. There's no certainty. And the only thing we can go buy is the typical reaction of people on the streets and how easily they're given to violence. How often do you hear people looking for the nearest thing that can cause bodily harm to someone and then apply it without caution? And for trivial issues. I used myself in that example because I know how many times I've wished I had the power of juju to hurt somebody in the moment.
Re: We Need Gun Rights In Nigeria !! by Nobody: 9:50am On Jan 02, 2018
MissWrite:

Okay. But we are all just guessing. I am assuming that the mentality would be a problem; and you're assuming that it won't. There's no certainty. And the only thing we can go buy is the typical reaction of people on the streets and how easily they're given to violence. How often do you hear people looking for the nearest thing that can cause bodily harm to someone and then apply it without caution? And for trivial issues. I used myself in that example because I know how many times I've wished I had the power of juju to hurt somebody in the moment.
if you wanted to really hurt somebody Cutlass is cheap, knife is available, even petrol is useful why didn't you use them?
Re: We Need Gun Rights In Nigeria !! by BRAV0O(m): 9:53am On Jan 02, 2018
Am very sure of this, Any policy sign into law to grant average Nigerian arms to defend themselves will mark the beginning of the end of this so called useless country cus our politicians and our so called leaders will be the first target on many list! So pls forget it not any sane govt administration will ever allow that in Nigeria.

1 Like

Re: We Need Gun Rights In Nigeria !! by Nobody: 10:02am On Jan 02, 2018
MissWrite:

Lol. grin grin grin

Honestly, if we're given gun rights in Nigeria, it is oba (over). Lol.

It's like jumping from frying pan to fire.

1 Like 1 Share

Re: We Need Gun Rights In Nigeria !! by MissWrite(f): 10:07am On Jan 02, 2018
Dfire:
if you wanted to really hurt somebody Cutlass is cheap, knife is available, even petrol is useful why didn't you use them?

People don't carry cutlasses as accessories and if they did, it would be clear that they had malicious intentions. But with guns, people would say: it's for protection. Like pepper-spray or tasers. They're cool handy accessories. To your question: That's were the cooling-off period comes in. Never mind cutlass, knives or kerosene; guns also aren't hard to get. The point is: I didn't have one on me in that moment. And the moment is allowed to pass. I don't obsess over it for long enough to start hashing a plan; and that's the difference between premeditated murder and killing in a blind rage.
Re: We Need Gun Rights In Nigeria !! by MissWrite(f): 10:09am On Jan 02, 2018
Maezara:
Lol. grin grin grin

Honestly, if we're given gun rights in Nigeria, it is oba (over). Lol.

It's like jumping from frying pan to fire.

Lmao grin, I tell you!
Re: We Need Gun Rights In Nigeria !! by Daeylar(f): 10:12am On Jan 02, 2018
MissWrite:

Exactly what I was thinking. The average Nigerian is angry bordering on psychotic - rowdy arguments, road rage, gra-gra, I-big-pass-you.

And the most irritating one "do you know who I am?" Question for the gods grin LMAO grin

MissWrite:

Whatever your morning pick-me-up is, coffee or tea, please endeavor to indulge yourself before quoting someone. At least, it would increase your cognition and reduce the chances of you making yourself an unnecessary annoyance so early in the morning. CAN they?

shocked shocked grin grin you didn't take time to vex sha grin

And SHOULD they? Are two separate arguments in the gun debate. Let's not even go into the methods you proffered for acquiring a gun as contraband; the argument is that: it would give me so much satisfaction to push a button right now and have your head explode wherever you are, just for annoying me this morning.
Gosh, grin grin grin grin grin ROTFLMAO, especially the part in blue, so funny, sometimes you just feel like slapping someone, but to push a button? I can just imagine the satisfaction you would feel grin this morafucker annoying me is dead, haaa. Peace. LMAO jeez, grin grin I'm afraid of you now oh grin

If you were in front of me and I had a gun, I would likely shoot you. Not to protect myself, but because I find you annoying and because the gun is in my hand and would likely shut you up. We have so many unstable citizens who would be annoyed by: a girl turning them down; someone refusing to accept their point of view; someone cutting in in front of them in a queue or in traffic;

Preach

someone calling you "woman!" In that annoying derogatory manner.
LMAO grin very very annoying,

I'm very sorry for laughing cry I know you're being serious, but the posts were filled with some funny sentences cry cry sorry cry

Everyone carrying guns in Nigeria? Recipe for instant death for 90% of the population

2 Likes 2 Shares

Re: We Need Gun Rights In Nigeria !! by Daeylar(f): 10:13am On Jan 02, 2018
Misswrite all done smiley

(1) (2) (3) (Reply)

Nnamdi Azikiwe Composed The Biafran Anthem In 1966 / Breaking: Indian Govt Gives El-zakzaky Ultimatum To Return To Nigeria / Osita Chidoka Reveals Sanusi's Location And Discussion With The ex CBN Governor

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 70
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.