Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,347 members, 7,808,217 topics. Date: Thursday, 25 April 2024 at 08:54 AM

Suggestions on dog mating - Pets - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Pets / Suggestions on dog mating (1153 Views)

Dog Mating Free / Dog Mating / Dog Mating Pig Got Stuck (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Suggestions on dog mating by Othello92(m): 10:05pm On Jan 01, 2018
I have a fawn straight back gsd and a slant black tan gsd(pure breed). I intend crossing them both soon.

What do u suggest?
Re: Suggestions on dog mating by Jungpablo: 12:16am On Jan 02, 2018
Othello92:
I have a fawn straight back gsd and a slant black tan gsd(pure breed). I intend crossing them both soon.

What do u suggest?

what kind of suggestion do yu need sir?
Re: Suggestions on dog mating by sadiq9ja: 12:19am On Jan 02, 2018
Image to judge
Re: Suggestions on dog mating by Othello92(m): 7:19am On Jan 02, 2018
To know if its ok to cross them
Re: Suggestions on dog mating by Jungpablo: 7:50am On Jan 02, 2018
personally I don't like it because it affects the rear angulation in pups some may be straight, some slant, some semislant(i think Nigerians invented that) and some I just don't know. it will not always turn out like that but I see no reason for a cross between straight and slant.

4 Likes 1 Share

Re: Suggestions on dog mating by Othello92(m): 3:36pm On Jan 02, 2018
Paublo i see ur point. But the straight is way too intelligent and active while the slant is quiet and not as intelligent as the straight.

1 Like

Re: Suggestions on dog mating by Jungpablo: 9:35pm On Jan 02, 2018
Othello92 I see yur point too normally a straight back is a working line with lot of energy and drive plus intelligence but a slant back GSD is show line they are not as active or have the high energy and drive of the working line but they are equally intelligent just that one performs better than the other in the ring while the other carry out tasks better. but they're are a lot of things to put into consideration like health, conformation, movement etc how will your experiment affect the health(hips) of the pups, how will the hips look like at least there are standards for GSD will the pup meet the required standard? and how will it affect the movement of the pup cos I have seen a GSD that has really bad hips and the movement was awkward. before breeding try to put a lot into consideration yu breed to improve not to reduce or deform truth is a slant back can never ever be as active as a straight back so yu either get a good straight back female to mate with the male or look for a good slant back male with higher energy than Yurs to mate with her and as for being intelligent both are intelligent.

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: Suggestions on dog mating by Othello92(m): 2:54am On Jan 03, 2018
Pablo i'm thankful.
Re: Suggestions on dog mating by Jungpablo: 6:37am On Jan 03, 2018
yu are welcome sir

1 Like

Re: Suggestions on dog mating by okikiosibodu(m): 5:37am On Jan 08, 2018
I am enjoying the canine knowledge acquired from great Cynophiles on this thread.
JungPablo and Othello92, kudos to you two

1 Like

Re: Suggestions on dog mating by Othello92(m): 2:00pm On Jan 10, 2018
U are welcome bro.
Re: Suggestions on dog mating by Jungpablo: 10:58pm On Jan 10, 2018
okikiosibodu:
I am enjoying the canine knowledge acquired from great Cynophiles on this thread.
JungPablo and Othello92, kudos to you two

thanks sir

1 Like

(1) (Reply)

Adult Male Pedigree Long Coat Gsd For Sale / Dog Related Question / Parvo Treating Drug

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 14
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.