Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,143,304 members, 7,780,716 topics. Date: Thursday, 28 March 2024 at 08:19 PM

Between Wordpress And Blogger Which One Is Better??? - Webmasters - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Science/Technology / Webmasters / Between Wordpress And Blogger Which One Is Better??? (6578 Views)

What’s The Difference Between Vs Wordpress.org / A Nairalander And Blogger, Mandy News Shares New Promo Photos / What Is The Difference Between WordPress And A Blog (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (Reply) (Go Down)

Between Wordpress And Blogger Which One Is Better??? by MichaelRJ(m): 11:18pm On Jan 01, 2018
please nairalanders and webmasterz, am new to blogging, am using blogger. I find it difficult to get views from Google, I really need help! please between Blogger and WordPress which one is easier or simple to use for I have no knowledge of html and coding, which one will be able to rank higher in Google or have more advantage? I really need help or someone to teach me about SEO and how to create a good SEO article to rank in Google.
Re: Between Wordpress And Blogger Which One Is Better??? by Blogsphere: 11:23pm On Jan 01, 2018
MichaelRJ:
please nairalanders and webmasterz, am new to blogging, am using blogger. I find it difficult to get views from Google, I really need help! please between Blogger and WordPress which one is easier or simple to use for I have no knowledge of html and coding, which one will be able to rank higher in Google or have more advantage? I really need help or someone to teach me about SEO and how to create a good SEO article to rank in Google.

The two are actually very Good! But WordPress is user friendly and very easy to use lots of plug-ins that will help the blog's SEO and rankings.

I blog For www..com , you can check it out!

3 Likes

Re: Between Wordpress And Blogger Which One Is Better??? by nairalandic(m): 12:06am On Jan 02, 2018
Re: Between Wordpress And Blogger Which One Is Better??? by Nobody: 12:38am On Jan 02, 2018
In my opinion WordPress is Better . its easier to use and customize,there are tons of themes and plugins one can use to make things easier. But i advice to ask that question on Google therr are top blogs that can answer your question and help u deside. Like shoutmeloud,wpbeginner etc.

3 Likes 1 Share

Re: Between Wordpress And Blogger Which One Is Better??? by timilehin007(m): 6:57am On Jan 02, 2018
timilehin007:
WordPress no baseless argument

1 Like

Re: Between Wordpress And Blogger Which One Is Better??? by okosodo: 6:59am On Jan 02, 2018
Wordpress is like 2baba, blogger is like eedris abdullareem

5 Likes 1 Share

Re: Between Wordpress And Blogger Which One Is Better??? by kikio1992(m): 7:02am On Jan 02, 2018
WordPress is better for seo blogs. Just that WordPress is gonna cost you some few buck while Blogger is free.

I blog on www.fabinfos.com you can check the page out

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Between Wordpress And Blogger Which One Is Better??? by Donald3d(m): 7:02am On Jan 02, 2018
I wonder why people still use blogger sef , the only advantage it has over self hosted wordpress is free hosting , that never goes down regardless of how heavy incoming traffic is .
Wordpress makes you feel like a demi god , especially when you are a programmer , and if you are not , there is an ocean of plugins to select from to do just about anything you can think of
Blogger limits you in almost every way .
I am holding an online training soon on blogging from beginner to pro and also creating an android app for your blog
Hit me up if you are interested

3 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Between Wordpress And Blogger Which One Is Better??? by olamil34(m): 7:07am On Jan 02, 2018
Blogger is free and it is integrated with the Google search engine

Get the best prices from different stores on quickfinda.com

1 Like

Re: Between Wordpress And Blogger Which One Is Better??? by IStandWithFynes: 7:10am On Jan 02, 2018
Would love to know too. Check signature
Re: Between Wordpress And Blogger Which One Is Better??? by babablogger: 7:11am On Jan 02, 2018
Donald3d:
I wonder why people still use blogger sef , the only advantage it has over self hosted wordpress is free hosting , that never goes down regardless of how heavy incoming traffic is .
Wordpress makes you feel like a demi god , especially when you are a programmer , and if you are not , there is an ocean of plugins to select from to do just about anything you can think of
Blogger limits you in almost every way .
if you have great HTML knowledge blogger is amazing, WordPress is more user friendly though
Re: Between Wordpress And Blogger Which One Is Better??? by HeWrites(m): 7:12am On Jan 02, 2018
WordPress but I advice you to stay on Blogger for sometime before moving to WordPress.

A friend who I started blogging before rushed to WordPress (he spent 15k) but now, the blog is no where to be found.

Planning on moving soon though.

I blog for www.torimill.com wink
Re: Between Wordpress And Blogger Which One Is Better??? by Donald3d(m): 7:15am On Jan 02, 2018
babablogger:
if you have great HTML knowledge blogger is amazing, WordPress is more user friendly though
My brother HTML is still limiting
Re: Between Wordpress And Blogger Which One Is Better??? by festwiz(m): 7:16am On Jan 02, 2018
I actually use Blogger 'cause it's free and self hosted and much easier to use IMHO. For professional websites with a lot of personal customizations wordpress is king in that aspect but it costs more to maintain.

#...

I blog at the link in my signature. Check it out and leave your honest opinions and review. Ciao

1 Like

Re: Between Wordpress And Blogger Which One Is Better??? by BrandSpurNG: 7:20am On Jan 02, 2018
If you are planning to create a blog with the mindset of making it popular and making money from it, you should go for the self-hosted WordPress blog.

If you are an occasional writer or a hobby-blogger, is the best pick for you.

Here is a handy chart, explaining the feature differences between vs. vs. Self-hosted WordPress (WordPress.org):

You can check, www.brandspurng.com

Re: Between Wordpress And Blogger Which One Is Better??? by SirLakes: 7:28am On Jan 02, 2018
Use blogger if you are new n when you start earning you can move on to wordpress .

Blogger izza perfect platform to start as a newbie, Izza freeeeeeeeeeee, you'll only have to concentrate on your content & traffic n not bothered about hosting fee.
Re: Between Wordpress And Blogger Which One Is Better??? by maxwell767(m): 7:28am On Jan 02, 2018
Blogger rocks!! grin ✅✅

1 Like

Re: Between Wordpress And Blogger Which One Is Better??? by AnodaIT(m): 7:29am On Jan 02, 2018
olamil34:
Blogger is free and it is integrated with the Google search engine
That's what people fail to understand. Most times they are fooled by the green dots of yoast but I tell you, if you work your meta tag and Blogger seo well, Google bots will crawl Blogger blog faster than WordPress

However, for design and professional look, WordPress has it

1 Like

Re: Between Wordpress And Blogger Which One Is Better??? by olamil34(m): 7:31am On Jan 02, 2018
AnodaIT:

That's what people fail to understand. Most times they are fooled by the green dots of yoast but I tell you, if you work your meta tag and Blogger seo well, Google bots will crawl Blogger blog faster than WordPress

That is true
Re: Between Wordpress And Blogger Which One Is Better??? by Doerstech(m): 7:32am On Jan 02, 2018
OP 1)Your Question is between Blogger and WordPress which is easier? or simply to use?

Both of them are easy to learn and you have tons of material on the web ( Tens of good hand's on Youtube Videos on both WP and Blogger ) that will teach you practically everything you need to know to build blogs and websites with them.

Lot's of Nigerian bloggers use blogger primarily because of its free nature and also being a brainchild of Google, i used it personally as an amateur and i have nothing against those using it, but now that am into serious stuffs...I stick with WordPress when it comes to Content Management Systems (CMS)

This article here from WPbeginer gives you a load down on both http://www.wpbeginner.com/opinion/wordpress-vs-blogger-which-one-is-better-pros-and-cons/ Please read it.

So for now as a starter you can play around with both ( Blogger and free version of WordPress ) when you get serious and ready to invest money into your game, then go for WordPress self-hosted services ( pay for both your domain and host account ) and start building real life stuffs. You can also get any of the local servers like WAMP, XAMPP and build your site on your local pc.

Still on WordPress, you can take a step further and join groups like this one https://www.meetup.com/Lagos-WordPress-Meetup-Group/
attend their meetings and learn more.

2) You have no knowledge of HTML and you want to rank and want to learn SEO.....

HTML is the foundation and any blogger who knows his onion should know what HTML is about, be you an SEO, Digital marketer etc. It's important you know what HTML is about then build on it add CSS and JS and then move on to other Frontend technologies and the ones of backend.

Barbecue if you're to get the best out of WP, to customize things the way you want, you have to know more than HTML, you must know your CSS very well and PHP.

tThat said, they're tons of free tutorials on HTML and code in places like Codeacademy and Udacity. Even currently Andela and their likes are running various free Web design classes online that involves HTML, CSS and JS through their ALC program with Google, so look out for that and sign up.

SEO goes beyond theory to practical they're tons of free materials on that on the web, but until you put it into practice, you're still a theorist on that.

Read this article on how to find out if your website/blog is listed by search engines: https://doerstechnologies.com.ng/how-to-find-out-if-your-website-listed-search-engines

Read this thread on 5 Things to do to make your Website/Blog more visible to your target audience: https://www.nairaland.com/4206168/5-things-make-website-more

Both of them and other related article around them, will show you how to get fraction you desire for your blog.

I have being building blogs and website using WordPress for sometime now, and if am to choose base on what i know, I will go for WordPress anytime anyday. Having said that, your ranking is not determined by WordPress or Blogger, what makes your rank higher than your competitor is

1) Doing your search engine optimization right (Onpage, Offsite, Local SEO and Technical SEO done properly )

2) Having a content that serves your target audience ( because at the end of the day if your content doesn't appeal to your readers, then you're a goner )

3) Reviewing what you're what's working for you and doing it again.

1 Like

Re: Between Wordpress And Blogger Which One Is Better??? by babablogger: 7:33am On Jan 02, 2018
Donald3d:

My brother HTML is still limiting
I know WordPress is better but blogger Is amazing with great html knowledge
Re: Between Wordpress And Blogger Which One Is Better??? by Webman007: 7:40am On Jan 02, 2018
Hmmm
Re: Between Wordpress And Blogger Which One Is Better??? by Naijabams(m): 7:43am On Jan 02, 2018
WordPress all the way

I blog for www.myschoolzone.com.ng
Re: Between Wordpress And Blogger Which One Is Better??? by pre5: 7:50am On Jan 02, 2018
wordpress is cool .you can check www.toptipz.com.ng
Re: Between Wordpress And Blogger Which One Is Better??? by DavidJohnDavid(f): 7:50am On Jan 02, 2018
I use blogger and wordpress
Re: Between Wordpress And Blogger Which One Is Better??? by 9jaPromo(f): 7:55am On Jan 02, 2018
If u want to make ur wordpress site look like nairaland email me @ rawwar212@gmail.com

Re: Between Wordpress And Blogger Which One Is Better??? by MichaelRJ(m): 8:00am On Jan 02, 2018
AnodaIT:

I have no knowledge of SEO I have been reading different articles about it, but I don't know how to write a good SEO article, how do I work on my meta tag??

please what is h1?
how do I include it when writing an article?
Re: Between Wordpress And Blogger Which One Is Better??? by Nobody: 8:02am On Jan 02, 2018
smiley
Re: Between Wordpress And Blogger Which One Is Better??? by Nobody: 8:03am On Jan 02, 2018
MichaelRJ:
Blogger has nothing to do with not getting views from google. That's purely based on ur SEO skills.
Re: Between Wordpress And Blogger Which One Is Better??? by mickadeyemi: 8:04am On Jan 02, 2018
No doubt WordPress is really convenient but it will cost some money to get it online unlike blogger that you can start for free.
Like me now I started with blogger, I had a lot of challenges, but I kept learning online from other top blogger users, I was able to design my blog up to this extent check http://automatenaija..com.ng before I moved to WordPress, WordPress as really been convenient to use with alot plugins that can make you look like a real web developer.
I did a lot of html editing on blogger but on WordPress I haven't done it once, and am still able to design my blog to taste checky WordPress www.automatenaija.com.ng
Re: Between Wordpress And Blogger Which One Is Better??? by mickadeyemi: 8:08am On Jan 02, 2018
I need a blog partner for my car blog www.automatenaija.com.ng if you're interested please contact me on 09027392696 or whatsapp.
Re: Between Wordpress And Blogger Which One Is Better??? by AnodaIT(m): 8:23am On Jan 02, 2018
MichaelRJ:

I have no knowledge of SEO I have been reading different articles about it, but I don't know how to write a good SEO article, how do I work on my meta tag??

please what is h1?
how do I include it when writing an article?
First, check and confirm if you already have h1 tag on your article because having more that one or two h1 is conterproductive - That is the first thing bots look to understand your article so if what is in h1 tag is not related to the article, the bots just dump your post in page 64 of Google search engine result.

To check, view the source page of your previous article and search for </h1>. See first image
The major defect of Blogger is assigning h1 to sidebar title tags, you will need to reassign that (I can help for a token contact @ictunit on telegram).
Your h1 should be ONLY the Title of the blog and title of the article (headline)

Also subheadings should carry h2, this one you can assign when composing the post, see image below on the location

(1) (2) (Reply)

GE Nigeria Mid-level & Exp. Job Recruitment (9 Positions) / Please Help With Google Ads / Omotola.com Domain Name For Sale At $325,000

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 51
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.