Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,149,955 members, 7,806,766 topics. Date: Tuesday, 23 April 2024 at 11:01 PM

Any Nigerian In Kigali, Rwanda? - Travel (14) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Travel / Any Nigerian In Kigali, Rwanda? (75347 Views)

Rwanda's Capital Kigali Is The Cleanest City In Africa / MMy Journey To Rwanda Kigali / Kigali, Rwanda Has No Potholes On Its Tarred Roads After Surviving A War (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (11) (12) (13) (14) (15) (16) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Any Nigerian In Kigali, Rwanda? by Palazo(m): 10:48am On Jan 06, 2020
Please I want to know if you requested for the east Africa visa at the point of entry or the VO just issued it on their own........
Re: Any Nigerian In Kigali, Rwanda? by Palazo(m): 10:51am On Jan 06, 2020
Ijeamaka1:
Arrived kigali international airport around 9pm and proceeded to immigration and passport control, I paid $100 and got an east Africa visa sticker ( Rwanda, Uganda , Kenya)

Please I want to know if you requested for the east Africa visa at the point of entry or the VO just issued it on their own......
Re: Any Nigerian In Kigali, Rwanda? by Ijeamaka1: 6:57pm On Jan 08, 2020
Requested at point of entry they will require you to pay a $100 for itquote author=Palazo post=85548417]

Please I want to know if you requested for the east Africa visa at the point of entry or the VO just issued it on their own......[/quote]

1 Like

Re: Any Nigerian In Kigali, Rwanda? by dyadeleye(m): 3:12pm On Jan 09, 2020
Are you still at Kigali?

Ijeamaka1:
Requested at point of entry they will require you to pay a $100 for itquote author=Palazo post=85548417]

Please I want to know if you requested for the east Africa visa at the point of entry or the VO just issued it on their own......
Re: Any Nigerian In Kigali, Rwanda? by Ijeamaka1: 5:57pm On Jan 09, 2020
dyadeleye:
Are you still at Kigali?

nope am back to naija
Re: Any Nigerian In Kigali, Rwanda? by Ijeamaka1: 5:58pm On Jan 09, 2020
Just make sure you are with your air b n b booking or hotel reservation

1 Like

Re: Any Nigerian In Kigali, Rwanda? by Olikeze1: 6:36pm On Jan 12, 2020
please house help me answer this

I would love to visit Rwanda and I understand its visa free and I can obtain the East African visa from the Kigali Airport for $100 ? Correct me if I'm wrong. But someone mentioned here that he need to show the Nigerian immigration a certain letter to proof he will get Rwanda visa on arrival ? what letter is this and how can i obtain this letter ?

pls help guys
Re: Any Nigerian In Kigali, Rwanda? by Nobody: 7:43am On Jan 13, 2020
AngelicBeing:

The country is not as it is widely proclaimed/ portrayed online, I was at the Nigerian embassy few months ago to see the Ambassador / other embassy officials concerning a team of investors l was bringing from the West to Kigali,
what l heard of what they did to some Nigerian investors shocked me to my bone marrow.

I also met with few Nigerian and non_Nigerian expats and they corroborated the same news l was told by consular officials. The small vacation home l was constructing their has been suspended indefinitely.

My advice for would be investors in Rwanda is this, be very very careful because Rwanda is a police country and as a foreigner, you are monitored by the different security apparatus in the country and your investment can be taken over by the government just like what happened to few investors under spurious and fake allegations.

President Kagame is a civilian wicked dictator, he muzzles everything in the country, you dare not publish any negative albeit true story against the country / policies / or any arm of the government. Lots of people are either missing, dead or abandoned in jail without any press reportage

Again, recently an American pastor called Reverend Gregg Schoof who has lived in Rwanda for 16 years was arrested, his church closed down and radio station taken over by the government and the guy was deported out of Rwanda back to the US shocked, the news is online, you can check it on Google.

The total number of Nigerians in Rwanda is not more than 300 according to consular officials, you can easily get your business registration done in a day or less but to set up the business, immigration will have to come and physically inspect your office or business, and what they see determines whether you get 3months Special pass permits or 2 years residence permits

The purchasing power of Rwandanese citizens is very poor,
63 percent of the population still live in extreme poverty, apart from restaurant / hotel / bar/ coffee shops businesses in good strategic location's , it is difficult to do the kind of small scale businesses we have in Nigeria, rent is high in good location and tax is l think between 18 to 20 percent

The border closure between Rwanda / Uganda / Burundi is affecting Rwanda's economy seriously, recently, some international organizations have accused Kagame of cooking up figures to show to the world that the country is doing well and that investors can come but the reality on ground is not the same.

I rather take the good counsel of consular officials / Ambassador of Nigeria than believe the baloney of Kagame

Rwanda is not yet uhuru, apart from the security and cleanliness of the country, setting up a business in Rwanda is a colossal waste of time / resources / money/ energy etc

The information above can be disagreed by people who want to but I will rather take the wise counsel of the Ambassador to me than anything else from anyone.

Good luck to those planning to go to Rwanda.
and this is the same country Nigerians praise all the time.

4 Likes

Re: Any Nigerian In Kigali, Rwanda? by Olikeze1: 8:33am On Jan 13, 2020
Ijeamaka1:
Just make sure you are with your air b n b booking or hotel reservation

I would love to visit Rwanda and I understand its visa free and I can obtain the East African visa from the Kigali Airport for $100 ? Correct me if I'm wrong. But someone mentioned here that he need to show the Nigerian immigration a certain letter to proof he will get Rwanda visa on arrival ? what letter is this and how can i obtain this letter ?

pls help
Re: Any Nigerian In Kigali, Rwanda? by Ijeamaka1: 8:20pm On Jan 14, 2020
Which yeye letter oga just book your flight and go with your original yellow card and hotel or Airbnb reservation at the port of entry request for East African visa pay $100 and you are good to go
Olikeze1:

pls help
Re: Any Nigerian In Kigali, Rwanda? by Olikeze1: 2:05am On Jan 15, 2020
Ijeamaka1:
Which yeye letter oga just book your flight and go with your original yellow card and hotel or Airbnb reservation at the port of entry request for East African visa pay $100 and you are good to go

Someone made mention of letter to show to Nigerian Immigration so I wanted to be sure before heading east.
Thanks for the info
Re: Any Nigerian In Kigali, Rwanda? by sayisayi(m): 11:44pm On Jan 16, 2020
Good to read some critical appreciation of the Rwanda situation. Kagame has stored up enough credit for another violent episode. Ppl will not talk on it as he has sold globally this image of a democrat and he ensures the horrors of the Interhamwe give him moral clout.

It is a police state just like how Gambia under Jammeh was. I have been to both and know that feeling of limited conversations, spies dey everywhere. It is easier to control small countries.

Just go there, look around and leave. Uganda, Kenya get better control
Re: Any Nigerian In Kigali, Rwanda? by Nobody: 6:12am On Jan 17, 2020
sayisayi:
Good to read some critical appreciation of the Rwanda situation. Kagame has stored up enough credit for another violent episode. Ppl will not talk on it as he has sold globally this image of a democrat and he ensures the horrors of the Interhamwe give him moral clout.

It is a police state just like how Gambia under Jammeh was. I have been to both and know that feeling of limited conversations, spies dey everywhere. It is easier to control small countries.

Just go there, look around and leave. Uganda, Kenya get better control
I rather be in rwanda than in the western racial demonic environments
Re: Any Nigerian In Kigali, Rwanda? by emekatravels: 12:32pm On Mar 06, 2020
olaitan4jesus:
I work and live in Rwanda. I can answer all question about Rwanda

Good day. I arrived Kigali yesterday the 5th of March. I would like to know more about the city. It seems to clean, calm and safe. I intend to extend my stay. Can I have you contact please? I would deeply appreciate.
Re: Any Nigerian In Kigali, Rwanda? by good4all40: 9:06am On Mar 07, 2020
You can visit genocide memorial in Kigali it portrays full details about the Genocide that happened in the country in the 90's. last time l visited it was free they may ask you for donations you can give some if you have. You can Google more places to visit in Kigali. I don't know if they have Uber now but there is cab available almost at every street in Kigali so you are good to go enjoy your stay and please never talk bad about government especially their president in public places, and always stay out of trouble. Kigali is rated the cleanest city in Africa.
Re: Any Nigerian In Kigali, Rwanda? by BennyDGreat: 10:24pm On Mar 22, 2020
AngelicBeing:

The country is not as it is widely proclaimed/ portrayed online, I was at the Nigerian embassy few months ago to see the Ambassador / other embassy officials concerning a team of investors l was bringing from the West to Kigali,
what l heard of what they did to some Nigerian investors shocked me to my bone marrow.

I also met with few Nigerian and non_Nigerian expats and they corroborated the same news l was told by consular officials. The small vacation home l was constructing their has been suspended indefinitely.

My advice for would be investors in Rwanda is this, be very very careful because Rwanda is a police country and as a foreigner, you are monitored by the different security apparatus in the country and your investment can be taken over by the government just like what happened to few investors under spurious and fake allegations.

President Kagame is a civilian wicked dictator, he muzzles everything in the country, you dare not publish any negative albeit true story against the country / policies / or any arm of the government. Lots of people are either missing, dead or abandoned in jail without any press reportage

Again, recently an American pastor called Reverend Gregg Schoof who has lived in Rwanda for 16 years was arrested, his church closed down and radio station taken over by the government and the guy was deported out of Rwanda back to the US shocked, the news is online, you can check it on Google.

The total number of Nigerians in Rwanda is not more than 300 according to consular officials, you can easily get your business registration done in a day or less but to set up the business, immigration will have to come and physically inspect your office or business, and what they see determines whether you get 3months Special pass permits or 2 years residence permits

The purchasing power of Rwandanese citizens is very poor,
63 percent of the population still live in extreme poverty, apart from restaurant / hotel / bar/ coffee shops businesses in good strategic location's , it is difficult to do the kind of small scale businesses we have in Nigeria, rent is high in good location and tax is l think between 18 to 20 percent

The border closure between Rwanda / Uganda / Burundi is affecting Rwanda's economy seriously, recently, some international organizations have accused Kagame of cooking up figures to show to the world that the country is doing well and that investors can come but the reality on ground is not the same.

I rather take the good counsel of consular officials / Ambassador of Nigeria than believe the baloney of Kagame

Rwanda is not yet uhuru, apart from the security and cleanliness of the country, setting up a business in Rwanda is a colossal waste of time / resources / money/ energy etc

The information above can be disagreed by people who want to but I will rather take the wise counsel of the Ambassador to me than anything else from anyone.

Good luck to those planning to go to Rwanda.

Wow. The part no one tells us

4 Likes

Re: Any Nigerian In Kigali, Rwanda? by Nobody: 10:50pm On Apr 25, 2020
kaffy4tope:

WhatsApp me. I’ll take you round the city.

Are you still living in Kigali?
Re: Any Nigerian In Kigali, Rwanda? by Nobody: 2:55pm On Apr 26, 2020
NONNYG:
Wow, this is serious. I never knew this long article were been directed to me not until I saw the last sentence. Abeg o I'm not a monitoring spirit, wetin I wan monitor u for?
I'm not pained ok? I'm only being amazed the way u jump from one travel thread to another like who ancestral spirit dey pursue.
I know u want to travel out & I'm not against it, by now you should have known the particular country you want to travel to, stick to thread, get the necessary info & off you go.
PS:, God bless the day I saw UAE/QATAR thread, I followed up, immediately after my NYSC, I zoomed off.

Cutieme I wish you all the best

Re: Any Nigerian In Kigali, Rwanda? by Mercydecy: 2:53pm On Sep 14, 2020
Hello house, please i would love to apply for the east Africa tourist Visa together with my mom.
I'm a student and she's a government worker.
Please kindly put me through
Re: Any Nigerian In Kigali, Rwanda? by kizonero(m): 2:45pm On Nov 19, 2020
Nice thread gurus, @ijeamaka, you didn't finish your story nah why kwa nu. After you obtained the east African visa for $100, you didn't tell us how you were able to visit the other East African country ( Kenya and Uganda). Did you go by road to those countries.

Here comes my question now, after getting the East Afrcan visa, is it most that one most visit those countries. how does the East African visa look like? Can one visit Kenya by road from Rwanda? And how many hours?
Re: Any Nigerian In Kigali, Rwanda? by bubbybillion: 1:40am On Nov 20, 2020
I want to Start up a Laundry plus clothing and shoe bizness in Rwanda.How viable and safe is Rwanda business patronage.Which city do business thrive?I plan on settling down for business.Will be flying by Jan 2021
Re: Any Nigerian In Kigali, Rwanda? by ocelot2006(m): 4:17pm On Nov 20, 2020
I've always thought of visiting Rwanda and Tanzania with my wife and kids (tourism). 'heard of good things about both countries.
Re: Any Nigerian In Kigali, Rwanda? by Cousin9999: 7:22pm On Nov 20, 2020
Interesting. Rwanda's looking like North Korea. shocked
Re: Any Nigerian In Kigali, Rwanda? by Debbyona: 10:13pm On Feb 08, 2021
Every Country has its rules don't break it and don't try to make it bow to your own selfish needs too blab anyhow and expect no consequence especially Nigerians, even Nigeria isn't as free anymore and might still get too same state very soon as people are already being arrested under the hate speech so no freedom of speech can be achieved anymore even posting on FB is being monitored and all other platforms... The expats and Ambassador that mentioned to one of our posters here didn't like the place but yet were still there Ambassador I'd understand has to complete his service at the time but the other expats who're not embassy staffs can leave at any time but still stayed till you left and didn't leave while you left. And I've seen the post before just longer guess you deleted that part about the Nigerian Man who was catering too all the airlines etc. And got set up by the government on spurious claims and was locked up for 3yrs or so and his family didn't get to see him till he died or so, I remember and understand the fears... Nowhere is perfect even our naija danger and good can meet you anywhere just do what you can and take whatever risks you know your heart can handle... Police state doesn't mean bad, I wish naija is a police state seeing as we have absolutely no security in the least we're at the mercy of hoodlums with our hearts in our mouths... If you live and invest in another man's country live humbly and quietly, follow their rules however ruthless you'd be fine. Let's not forget Nigerians are proud haughty don't bow to authority can be loud and lousy a pain in the ass for those who can't tolerate such nonsense behaviors and characteristics obviously kagame won't be one to cope he no owe anybody anything if you do anyhow you see anyhow it's his caban the same way even the smallest chinese man reacts to any foreigner who comes to its borders with all your money and affluence you do anyhow you see anyhow you don't talk down on anyone in their own place whether they're right or wrong keep your opinion in your pocket, they've been okay with their country like that they don't need any tenant to be their savior basically face your business and you will be fine...

3 Likes

Re: Any Nigerian In Kigali, Rwanda? by Goodman247: 3:59am On Feb 09, 2021
Rwandan of all places
Re: Any Nigerian In Kigali, Rwanda? by gracedson: 8:35pm On Jul 07, 2021
I want to visit Rwanda this month from Nigeria, is it still Visa on arrival ?
Re: Any Nigerian In Kigali, Rwanda? by nwadikeokey11: 9:13am On Jul 14, 2021
gracedson:
I want to visit Rwanda this month from Nigeria, is it still Visa on arrival ?
Rwanda is visa on arrival for citizens of Nigeria. When do you plan to visit and what's your purpose for the intending visit? To relocate, establish business and settle down there or just going for tourism?

1 Like

Re: Any Nigerian In Kigali, Rwanda? by gracedson: 9:18am On Jul 14, 2021
nwadikeokey11:
Rwanda is visa on arrival for citizens of Nigeria. When do you plan to visit and what's your purpose for the intending visit? To relocate, establish business and settle down there or just going for tourism?
Thank you for the response, for Tourism purpose, maybe Next Week. Are you currently there ?
Re: Any Nigerian In Kigali, Rwanda? by nwadikeokey11: 7:13pm On Jul 14, 2021
gracedson:
Thank you for the response, for Tourism purpose, maybe Next Week. Are you currently there ?
No, once lived there but I will be returning there to invest and settle down there before this year end.

1 Like

(1) (2) (3) ... (11) (12) (13) (14) (15) (16) (Reply)

Lady Killed By A Hit And Run Driver In Sapele, Delta. Do You Know Her? (Graphic) / Lady Killed By Nigerian Man In US Was A Prostitute Who Robbed Him (pics) / Moment Airbus A340 Passenger Plane Lands In Antarctica For The First Time(Pics)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 70
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.