Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,149,801 members, 7,806,218 topics. Date: Tuesday, 23 April 2024 at 01:12 PM

Any Nigerian In Kigali, Rwanda? - Travel (8) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Travel / Any Nigerian In Kigali, Rwanda? (75314 Views)

Rwanda's Capital Kigali Is The Cleanest City In Africa / MMy Journey To Rwanda Kigali / Kigali, Rwanda Has No Potholes On Its Tarred Roads After Surviving A War (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) (11) ... (16) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Any Nigerian In Kigali, Rwanda? by obalukan: 11:27pm On Sep 27, 2018
This country will be a nice country if the procedures for resident permit is as easy as you said.
Re: Any Nigerian In Kigali, Rwanda? by Agbaletu: 10:28am On Sep 28, 2018
keystone123:

That for your advice. I have been here for awhile now and l will like to get my residents permit to enable me to have enough time either setting up a business or get a Job related to my area of study. I have police report, but l am only with the copy of me HND result l left it behind for it not to get missing. Can l use the photo copy of my HND to apply with the police report.
And some people said renting an apartment can also give someone chance to get three month extension that someone just need only a written agreement with landlord here to tender. I have accommodation with just a mere small written agreement on a paper as an agreement between me and the landlord. Please kindly help. Thank you
Just saw my mention.
I am not really sure. I would have helped you to confirm, but I have completed my assignment in Rwanda. I think you should go and enquire at the immigration office. They will attend to you very well. They are very welcoming. They will tell you all the documents that you need and the procedures.
Re: Any Nigerian In Kigali, Rwanda? by keystone123(m): 8:51pm On Sep 28, 2018
obalukan:
This country will be a nice country if the procedures for resident permit is as easy as you said.

If you don't know what to say just read and pass. If you are coming here you will soon face the same process.

Agbaletu. Thank you and remain blessed
Re: Any Nigerian In Kigali, Rwanda? by obalukan: 11:05pm On Sep 30, 2018
keystone123:

If you don't know what to say just read and pass. If you are coming here you will soon face the same process.

Agbaletu. Thank you and remain blessed

I think this guy already drank Ogogoro... Did I wrote anything bad?

1 Like

Re: Any Nigerian In Kigali, Rwanda? by sterlingD(m): 10:56am On Oct 05, 2018
keystone123:

That for your advice. I have been here for awhile now and l will like to get my residents permit to enable me to have enough time either setting up a business or get a Job related to my area of study. I have police report, but l am only with the copy of me HND result l left it behind for it not to get missing. Can l use the photo copy of my HND to apply with the police report.
And some people said renting an apartment can also give someone chance to get three month extension that someone just need only a written agreement with landlord here to tender. I have accommodation with just a mere small written agreement on a paper as an agreement between me and the landlord. Please kindly help. Thank you

Keystone123 l PMed you l want to find out how far you have gone with the above
Re: Any Nigerian In Kigali, Rwanda? by Rupect: 5:19pm On Oct 05, 2018
Is the business of ladies clothing lucrative there. I tend to travel start up the business there and like how much will be enough for average start?

1 Like

Re: Any Nigerian In Kigali, Rwanda? by ako1tse: 6:22am On Oct 29, 2018
this is Rwanda
Re: Any Nigerian In Kigali, Rwanda? by ako1tse: 6:23am On Oct 29, 2018
ako1tse:
this is Rwanda
Re: Any Nigerian In Kigali, Rwanda? by Gatess: 6:44pm On Nov 02, 2018
Rwanda my Rwanda... there is actually a mix up of Infos. we need comprehensive details about doing business there from someone who living there and probably doing his/her own business presently. thanks for the wonderful infos gotten so far...
Re: Any Nigerian In Kigali, Rwanda? by bjaybalo(m): 12:41pm On Nov 04, 2018
Good day, pls could you kindly tell me how you did your hotel reservation? I'm interested in travelling to rwanda just for some few days.
And i will appreciate it if you can send me an email.
Balogunbi@gmail.com
Thanks.

kaffy4tope:

Hotel reservation

Return ticket, Rwanda air: 170k

$30 at Point of Entry without hassles and I was issued a 39 days visa.

Brother, this place is like small America.

I'm in a hotel
Re: Any Nigerian In Kigali, Rwanda? by EFEDESTINY7: 8:50am On Nov 10, 2018
Boss good morning, please I will love to know how you went to Rwanda, because I am planing to visit as well. What is the requirement to get there. Please help me out. I will need every necessary information. I am planing to spend like 2 weeks over there .
Re: Any Nigerian In Kigali, Rwanda? by Okpueee: 6:53pm On Dec 14, 2018
Pls how does the rwanda visa on arrival look like. Is it like a normal full page visa or just stamp
Re: Any Nigerian In Kigali, Rwanda? by Denikayan: 12:28am On Dec 15, 2018
zioncity555:
Mind you before you can get work permit here is a hell, in fact you might not get it, cause the requirements are very hard, And more over even if you get the requirements you still need upper hand to push it to come out that also cost lot of money, but in all it is a hell getting it, cause without the working permit you can not do any business here, and moreover it is very difficult more harder now to get it. Cause of their new Cs who just took office, ...

Heard expatriates can only stay in Rwanda for 6months in a year. How true is this?
Re: Any Nigerian In Kigali, Rwanda? by Okpueee: 1:48pm On Dec 17, 2018
Pls how does the rwanda visa on arrival look like. Is it like a normal full page visa or just stamp?? Pls i need an answer
Re: Any Nigerian In Kigali, Rwanda? by suxes2005(m): 2:10pm On Dec 18, 2018
Okpueee:
Pls how does the rwanda visa on arrival look like. Is it like a normal full page visa or just stamp?? Pls i need an answer

Stamp

Except they've changed it
Re: Any Nigerian In Kigali, Rwanda? by Nobody: 2:47am On Jan 02, 2019
good4all40:

It depends on your taste but you can get a decent apartment between 150 to 200 dollars per month. location of the apartment says a lot about your monthly due too.

Transportation is very easy via Boda Boda(Okada) taxi or public big bus. It's moderately priced too.

Food is a bit expensive compare to ours but if you spend moderately you should be able to save some cash. But l will strongly advice to cook your food if you can instead of going to restaurants this saves a lot of cash at the end of the month.

Their women are kilimanjarolically beautiful if you know what l mean. Just make sure you abstain from distractions as much as you can. if you have cash, lots of cash, you will enjoy living in Kigali. l met some Americans when l visited, and they all said this is mini America. Generally it's a bit expensive compare to Nigeria but you will hardly observe this if you have a decent job or business.

Don't forget to visit their genocide memorial and take some pics and probably their volcanic town if you have some spare cash.

You can ask questions if you have any business plan in my mind to start in Kigali we will generally advice you based on experience. Don't over Stay your visa or make sure you extend it at least a week before expiration if you plan to stay longer you will surely enjoy your stay.

You can speak French to Older people like 33 yr, upwards they tend to understand and speak French better than English, the younger ones speak English mostly. And Kiyanwanda their local language is widely spoken because l traveled to some of their villages too.

But please l will specially advice anyone not to plan to stay in Kigali or Rwanda for greener pasture without proper planning and cash. You will hardly get a job here but business can work with cash.

You will not have any problem at their airport in Kigali I think they changed the name of their airport now. Their immigration officers are so friendly they will ask you your reservations, sometimes they call the hotel to confirm your reservations just make sure you book the hotel online you can pay online or at the hotel they will automatically have your information with them after the confirmation of your booking.

Kigali is rated as the most cleanest city in Africa. You can't find a single polythene bag on their major streets or roads because no one uses polythene bag there, their government banned it. If you know you have not fulfill your dealings there, just extend your visa its very easy and straightforward. please do not overstay or play to TECO. Abuja is very beautiful and bigger though but it is not as clean as Kigali. Just don't go there for hustling!!! it is meant for Tourism except you are going there to invest or to start a business.

Merci.

Is ok
Re: Any Nigerian In Kigali, Rwanda? by MoneyMake(m): 10:12am On Jan 30, 2019
Please where can I find Nigerians living in Kigali, Rwanda? If you're a Nigerian in Kigali, please indicate so we can hook up. I'm around Remera by Amaroro Stadium.

3 Likes

Re: Any Nigerian In Kigali, Rwanda? by MoneyMake(m): 7:40pm On Jan 30, 2019
zioncity555:

That's while am planing leaving out too. ..
AND the case of Rwanda are more very better off, they even give residents permit,
And welcoming foregniers no police harassment like it is in Kenyan,
And very easy to do business over there too.

Are you now in Kigali, Rwanda?
Re: Any Nigerian In Kigali, Rwanda? by Ranchhoddas: 9:35pm On Jan 30, 2019
kaffy4tope:

Hotel reservation

Return ticket, Rwanda air: 170k
$30 at Point of Entry without hassles and I was issued a 39 days visa.
Brother, this place is like small America.
I'm in a hotel
Not expensive at all. On my bucketlist.
Re: Any Nigerian In Kigali, Rwanda? by Predstan: 8:25am On Jan 31, 2019
I will be on Rwanda by February. I want to meet Nigerians

(1) (2) (3) ... (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) (11) ... (16) (Reply)

Nigerian Man Travelling To Saudi Arabia On Bicycle (Photos) / Lady Killed By A Hit And Run Driver In Sapele, Delta. Do You Know Her? (Graphic) / Lady Killed By Nigerian Man In US Was A Prostitute Who Robbed Him (pics)

Viewing this topic: 1 guest(s)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 34
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.