Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,148,671 members, 7,801,935 topics. Date: Friday, 19 April 2024 at 06:22 AM

Samsung Galaxy S9 Specification, Price And Release Date - Phones (3) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Science/Technology / Phones / Samsung Galaxy S9 Specification, Price And Release Date (24860 Views)

Tecno Pouvoir 4 Vs Pouvoir 4 Pro Specification Price In Nigeria / Samsung Galaxy S9: Specs, Features, Price And Release Date / Infinix Hot 4 Pro With Specification & Price (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Samsung Galaxy S9 Specification, Price And Release Date by stilldoingokay(f): 11:46am On Jan 02, 2018
Admin1992:
All You Need To Know About Samsung Galaxy S9 And S9 Plus: Samsung Galaxy S9 Price, Specifications And Latest News.

One thing about this year is that it's a year full of leaks, regardless how hard the companies try to prevent the leaks but they just keep on popping up.

The most funniest part is that the unboxing video of OnePlus 5T was released before its official launch, a German blog also shared the images but unfortunately, they were asked to take it down.

Earlier, Samsung also found itself in the same situation whereas Samsung is planning to unveil their next smartphone in early 2018.

With the success of Galaxy S8 and Note8, Samsung is pretty confident with their S9. In a hardly surprising development, SamMobile has confirmed that there will be two versions of the Galaxy S9.

The site discovered two model numbers for the handset - G960FXXU0AQI5 and G965FXXU0AQI5 - the first of which allegedly belongs to the Galaxy S9, and the latter to the Galaxy S9 Plus. The report doesn't reveal much else about the upcoming flagships.
The Samsung Galaxy S9 will come with Android 8.0 (Oreo) with Qualcomm Snapdragon 845 (US) / Samsung Exynos (UK), 5.8 inch / 6.2 inch QHD + Super AMOLED curved display (570 ppi / 529 ppi), Cat 18 LTE support (1.2Gbps download speeds), Display embedded fingerprint scanner, Dual rear-facing camera, Bixby AI assistant with dedicated button and USB-C.

However, the only flaw with Galaxy S8 is fingerprint sensor which was placed beside the camera. So far, this is the only thing that everyone is complaining about. Hence, they are uncomfortable with it.

According to the news report from BGR, the fingerprint scanner will sit below the camera sensors on the S9, with a dual-flash separating them. This setup should be much easier to navigate with your finger.

Thus, Samsung is expected to fix the worst thing about the Galaxy S8 with the upcoming Galaxy S9. Early leaks suggest that Samsung has decided to reposition the handset’s fingerprint sensor, to make it easier to use.

There's A Possibility For Samsung To Launch Their Galaxy S9 And S9 Plus Much Earlier Than Expected At CES 2018, it has been reported. Rumours suggest that we might see a rear fingerprint scanner in Galaxy S9.

Regarding to the price, there has been no official announcements yet, if it's anything like the Galaxy S8 then the price could be around £689 and £779, which is approximately 920 US Dollars.

According to Samsung's official blog SamMobile claimed that the Galaxy S9 will be made available in four different colour options: black, gold, blue and purple. Last year, speculation had claimed that the Galaxy S8 would also launch in a purple variant, but this rumour never came to fruition.

SamMobile notes, however, that there's a "high chance" this isn't the final list of colours, adding that Orchid Gray and Arctic Silver could also turn out to be a part of the lineup.

SamMobile also reports that the Galaxy S9 will boast less bezel than its S8 predecessor. A tipster told the website that there could be a 90 per cent screen-to-body ratio on Samsung's upcoming flagship, up from around 84 per cent on the Galaxy S8.

According to the report, this will mean that the bottom bezel is almost non-existent, potentially giving Samsung room to squeeze a large screen into the device.

Based on the news report from ETNews, the Galaxy S9 could pack a camera sensor capable of shooting 'super slow motion' footage at 1,000fps. It reports that the camera sensor will use stacked image sensing tech similar to the Sony Xperia XZ1, with the ability to temporarily store captured images on a DRAM chip in one of the layers. Samsung will start mass producing the '3-layered image sensor' in November, according to the report.
Also, ET News has debunked rumours that the Galaxy S9 will feature souped-up facial recognition technology similar to the iPhone X's Face ID, and has claimed that, instead, it'll feature the same iris scanning tech as the Galaxy S9. Don't expect an under screen fingerprint sensor, either, as the report notes that the S9 will feature a scanner on its rear. ThereThere

Source: http://www.naijaadvance.com.ng/2017/12/samsung-galaxy-s9-spec-price-and.html?m=1

me will only take them serious wen their start doing phones that doesn't use batteries.
Re: Samsung Galaxy S9 Specification, Price And Release Date by stilldoingokay(f): 11:50am On Jan 02, 2018
iceberryose:
Why You dey Lie? When them release iPhone X and note 8? When you take see am for January 2017?
that guy will sone join politics, cause he has what it takes
Re: Samsung Galaxy S9 Specification, Price And Release Date by charlesklaus(m): 12:16pm On Jan 02, 2018
CAT18 LTE support! Madtt!! Sadly Nigerian telecoms supporting LTE be draining us of our hard end money with low end wack LTE, and NCC aren't saying anything about it.
Re: Samsung Galaxy S9 Specification, Price And Release Date by aminho(m): 12:21pm On Jan 02, 2018
austino677:
not April...March
oga even your phone says April wetin u dey talk
Re: Samsung Galaxy S9 Specification, Price And Release Date by IamGoke(m): 12:29pm On Jan 02, 2018
Wow! This phone is a blast!
Re: Samsung Galaxy S9 Specification, Price And Release Date by mu2sa2: 1:49pm On Jan 02, 2018
iamnicer:
Person never chop belle full, na to come buy phone
Hahaha, someone pls translate this into English!

1 Like

Re: Samsung Galaxy S9 Specification, Price And Release Date by sinaj(f): 2:18pm On Jan 02, 2018
zicoraads:

You've still not said anything oooo. Your eyes opened to what exactly? I am more of a prostitute when it comes to phones. I've used almost all. So tell me, wetin your eyes open to? I need to know before I'll shout the amen
I used abt 2 tecno phones nd I didnt use anyone for up to 1yr. Had to run to bb10 for solace. Used d bb10 for 3yrs b4 it started suffering frm ba3 fever. Had to fix it nd gave it out.
Bsides most tecno phones doesnt exceed 1/16gb nd I cnt use dat, coupled with many other features their phones lack wink
Re: Samsung Galaxy S9 Specification, Price And Release Date by Admin1992: 8:39am On Jan 03, 2018
goldtooth:
Before you say Jack S10 will be out. Make I dey manage my xiaomi jor better value for my money
It cool
Re: Samsung Galaxy S9 Specification, Price And Release Date by Nobody: 6:39am On May 05, 2018
austino677:
I'm also getting this.... Going higher is the plan
baba you dey here too
Re: Samsung Galaxy S9 Specification, Price And Release Date by Nobody: 7:33am On May 20, 2018

(1) (2) (3) (Reply)

Does Phone Brand Determine The Amount Of Data It Consumes? / Nokia 8.1 Android Pie Smartphone Launched: Price And Specs / Xiaomi Poco X3 Pro Unboxing And First Impressions + Price (photos)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 23
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.