Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,465 members, 7,808,651 topics. Date: Thursday, 25 April 2024 at 02:55 PM

. - Travel - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Travel / . (3321 Views)

A Guide To Studying In Estonia / Why Nigerians Are Stranded In Russia After Being Scammed By Fraudsters / Why Nigerians Living In London Are Returning Home (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

. by VICTORDEBELS: 6:17am On Jan 02, 2018
Re: . by leverage(m): 6:48am On Jan 02, 2018
grin because doro flat head tribe likes to smuggle flour there

4 Likes 1 Share

Re: . by Ikem44(m): 10:21am On Nov 21, 2019
VICTORDEBELS:
Why are Nigerians trooping in to Philippines for STUDY purposes? This and similar questions have been left unanswered in the minds of Nigerians who seek for answers. Some people say that they are poor and no Nigerian should go there for any reason, while others have different views/ opinion. Now, let me highlight some of the reasons why many Nigerians prefer studying in the Philippines to other countries.
1. ‘Easier’ Visa approval. It has been easier to getting a visa approved until mid 2017, though. It is also easier to get visa for other countries from the Philippines as a student.
2. You do not need to pay school fees until you arrive in the country. School fees are paid after enrollment in every semester.
3. Their school expenses (fees) are ‘relatively’ cheaper when compared to other contemporary educational system of the world.
4. Spain colonized them for 333 years, while they were the 1st country to be colonized by the United States of America. This influenced their educational system. Currently, they are making use of the American system of education. I hope that you can relate this and ask yourself the reason why Americans, Indians, Koreans and others study here…
5. You can study any course of your choice as soon as you are done with your high/secondary school... You don’t need UTME to be admitted. The schools don’t have slots or total number of students to be admitted in each department. Many Nigerian students study the courses they do not like or go to Universities, Polys to avoid staying at home for an extra year. THE REVERSE IS THE CASE IN THE PHILIPPINES. You can be admitted to study anything you want without restrictions…
6. There is an educational regulatory agency called Commission on Higher Education (CHED). They close down schools when the schools are no longer meeting their requirements. Schools fear them. Every school strives to maintain its reputation at all times. Their method of classroom instruction is English Language.
7. There is a constant power supply. Even in the midst of storm and rain, the power is still on.
8. There is no bullying of students by their teachers, lecturers or instructors. You can chat with your Dean or School Registrar on Facebook or other social media on unofficial matters. You can visit them in their offices/homes without any restriction or invite them for a lunch or other… The teacher-student relationship is super!
9. No cases of racism have been reported. Generally, Filipinos are friendly. You can easily walk into the Governor’s office and take pictures with him even as a foreign student. The law enforcement agents are friendly as well, your safety is assured.
10. Finally, there are many more, but I have to pause for a moment so that you can add yours.
NB: A. Do not allow your limited life experience/exposure to cloud your good sense of judgment.
B. You cannot work as a student and you cannot smuggle drugs in the Philippines.
I saw your message on Naira talking about schooling in Philippines..

I a interested. this is my whatsapp +2349064552251

1 Like 1 Share

Re: . by Gabflex: 12:15am On Nov 22, 2019
their girls too arent bad,
friendly but no messup oo, if you want friendship, u get it, if you wan with benefits, hold your money and enjoy.
Re: . by tmphoto(m): 10:56pm On Jan 14, 2020
Please do you think anything can be done in other way working as student so as to support yourself while studying or

(1) (Reply)

Dream Of Travelling To South Africa, Kenya or Dubai? / How Do I Get To Teslim Balogun Stadium From Iyana-ipaja / Scarcity Of Passport Booklets Resurfaces

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 12
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.