Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,013 members, 7,806,960 topics. Date: Wednesday, 24 April 2024 at 07:52 AM

Belgian Man Discovers Stash Of Cars Hidden In Abandoned Quarry Since WWII - Autos (2) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Autos / Belgian Man Discovers Stash Of Cars Hidden In Abandoned Quarry Since WWII (70692 Views)

1962 Ferrari Abandoned For 40Years Sold For ₦55M In The U.k.(Pics) / ₦1.4Billion Worth Of Classic Cars Found In Abandoned House In The U.S(Photos) / China Graveyard Where Thousands Of Cars,Bikes Are Scrapped To Cut Emission(Pics) (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Belgian Man Discovers Stash Of Cars Hidden In Abandoned Quarry Since WWII by Leonbonapart(m): 5:25pm On Jan 02, 2018
Re: Belgian Man Discovers Stash Of Cars Hidden In Abandoned Quarry Since WWII by kenyguy(m): 5:31pm On Jan 02, 2018
Hmmm
Re: Belgian Man Discovers Stash Of Cars Hidden In Abandoned Quarry Since WWII by Nobody: 5:31pm On Jan 02, 2018
smiley
Re: Belgian Man Discovers Stash Of Cars Hidden In Abandoned Quarry Since WWII by RickandMorty: 5:43pm On Jan 02, 2018
Explorers:

50years from now, people will see the attached cars and ask this same question.

Leave the mumu. They don't know flashy cars started somewhere.
Re: Belgian Man Discovers Stash Of Cars Hidden In Abandoned Quarry Since WWII by Chukazu: 6:02pm On Jan 02, 2018
For all the Nigerian politicians hidden expensive cars underground...this would be their faith one day

What is envoque today would become outdated tomorrow
Re: Belgian Man Discovers Stash Of Cars Hidden In Abandoned Quarry Since WWII by nwoke37: 6:12pm On Jan 02, 2018
Meanwhile, Ambode has started 911 emegency service in Lagos!!
Check below..
https://www.nairaland.com/4265204/lagos-gets-911-service
Re: Belgian Man Discovers Stash Of Cars Hidden In Abandoned Quarry Since WWII by Hydronium(m): 6:22pm On Jan 02, 2018
This should teach a thing or two about vanity. Both materials things and our bodies will deteriorate. What will be left ultimately will be your soul. Where will your soul end up?

1 Like

Re: Belgian Man Discovers Stash Of Cars Hidden In Abandoned Quarry Since WWII by thunderbabs: 6:41pm On Jan 02, 2018
Prove me wrong if doze are not vintages cool

Any bidder in d house.. 10million, cool
Re: Belgian Man Discovers Stash Of Cars Hidden In Abandoned Quarry Since WWII by Fezzolee: 6:45pm On Jan 02, 2018
Hahahaha loo
alexistaiwo:
shocked
FTC.

Let me go and check this abandoned quarry I saw while traveling to Hong Kong the other day.

We never can tell, I might find some abandoned common sense stashed away there.
Some people really need it.

Message to all Nairalanders (Romancelanders in particular)
This is 2018.
Buy sense, if that fails.
Borrow sense, if that fails.
Pray for sense and if that fails.
Pretend to have sense.
Re: Belgian Man Discovers Stash Of Cars Hidden In Abandoned Quarry Since WWII by Explorers(m): 6:47pm On Jan 02, 2018
Sirheny007:
@Op,
I wonder what they'd do with it..
Convert it to a museum.?
Sell it to collectors?
I doubt if they'd auction them in that condition.

Good one have been sold according to the article, but the damaged one were left behind.

Museum or something
Re: Belgian Man Discovers Stash Of Cars Hidden In Abandoned Quarry Since WWII by farem: 6:51pm On Jan 02, 2018
Explorers:
Belgian man who was exploring an abandoned quarry came across a stash of cars that had been hidden away since the start of World War Two.

Belgian PE teacher Vincent Michel described his amazement at coming across the rusting vehicles that had lain undiscovered for 70 years.

They were likely hidden at the quarry in central France at the start of the war to avoid them being requisitioned, and were forgotten about by the end.

http://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/article-3979518/Beautiful-cars-hidden-away-Hitler-claimed-time-Vehicles-stashed-French-quarry-discovered-70-years-later-rusted-away.html

Where are the owners? Cars are still been seeing, the owners are now in unseen realm, rotten and forgotten. Vanity upon vanity.

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: Belgian Man Discovers Stash Of Cars Hidden In Abandoned Quarry Since WWII by solid3(m): 6:54pm On Jan 02, 2018
Vanity.
Re: Belgian Man Discovers Stash Of Cars Hidden In Abandoned Quarry Since WWII by ddjay: 7:37pm On Jan 02, 2018
Even in naija here sef, if u go to the south East,dia are hidden biafra bunkers where ojukwu hid billions of pounds
Re: Belgian Man Discovers Stash Of Cars Hidden In Abandoned Quarry Since WWII by Nobody: 7:45pm On Jan 02, 2018
Nne5:

I thought this ended last year?

Following the thread explorers

Smh.
Even after modifying,it's still the same asinine comment up there.
Well what do I care you're just another nairaland delinquent.

Your verbal savagery is a natural aphrodisiac for me. I. Want you
Re: Belgian Man Discovers Stash Of Cars Hidden In Abandoned Quarry Since WWII by Nobody: 7:50pm On Jan 02, 2018
This is an amazing discovery
Re: Belgian Man Discovers Stash Of Cars Hidden In Abandoned Quarry Since WWII by AngelicBeing: 8:00pm On Jan 02, 2018
sad
Re: Belgian Man Discovers Stash Of Cars Hidden In Abandoned Quarry Since WWII by Gaddafithe2nd(m): 8:05pm On Jan 02, 2018
I swear, there is nothing in this life. Those people that hid those cars they believed they are smart. In years to come the ferrari, G-wagons and co will not be in vogue anymore.
Re: Belgian Man Discovers Stash Of Cars Hidden In Abandoned Quarry Since WWII by Nobody: 8:19pm On Jan 02, 2018
never invest in cars. they are not assets!
Re: Belgian Man Discovers Stash Of Cars Hidden In Abandoned Quarry Since WWII by Nobody: 8:23pm On Jan 02, 2018
Perge:
Fixed: Man discovers hunk of rickety jalopies in a cave tongue
lmao
Re: Belgian Man Discovers Stash Of Cars Hidden In Abandoned Quarry Since WWII by onward4life(m): 8:56pm On Jan 02, 2018
Explorers back tu back killa man

If not for....

Infact yu deserve a ministry in this administration!

Re: Belgian Man Discovers Stash Of Cars Hidden In Abandoned Quarry Since WWII by Explorers(m): 8:59pm On Jan 02, 2018
onward4life:
Explorers back tu back killa man

If not for....

Infact yu deserve a ministry in this administration!

Lol...
Re: Belgian Man Discovers Stash Of Cars Hidden In Abandoned Quarry Since WWII by SladeWilson(m): 9:39pm On Jan 02, 2018
Nne5:

I thought this ended last year?

Following the thread explorers

Smh.
Even after modifying,it's still the same asinine comment up there.
Well what do I care you're just another nairaland delinquent.
You just angry you were not the ftc mtswwwww park well joor
Re: Belgian Man Discovers Stash Of Cars Hidden In Abandoned Quarry Since WWII by chiefojiji(m): 9:50pm On Jan 02, 2018
Lamborghini dey dere?? If no, he should continue with his internet explorer
Re: Belgian Man Discovers Stash Of Cars Hidden In Abandoned Quarry Since WWII by Barristergreen(m): 9:51pm On Jan 02, 2018
GAZZUZZ:
dis one na car? angry

Baba do you know how much that teacher can sell one of those cars?
He will refublish them up and make billions from selling them na money u dey see so
Re: Belgian Man Discovers Stash Of Cars Hidden In Abandoned Quarry Since WWII by thesicilian: 9:52pm On Jan 02, 2018
Explorers:

50years from now, people will see the attached cars and ask this same question.
With the way new innovative designs are coming up every day, it may not even be up to 20yrs before they start asking that.

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Belgian Man Discovers Stash Of Cars Hidden In Abandoned Quarry Since WWII by Barristergreen(m): 9:53pm On Jan 02, 2018
ddjay:
Even in naija here sef, if u go to the south East,dia are hidden biafra bunkers where ojukwu hid billions of pounds

Abeg show me road make I go collect the money I go give you ya own shearer....
Re: Belgian Man Discovers Stash Of Cars Hidden In Abandoned Quarry Since WWII by GAZZUZZ(m): 10:04pm On Jan 02, 2018
Barristergreen:

Baba do you know how much that teacher can sell one of those cars?
He will refublish them up and make billions from selling them na money u dey see so

strongly disagree, vehicles are rusted beyond repair.
Re: Belgian Man Discovers Stash Of Cars Hidden In Abandoned Quarry Since WWII by Sard(m): 10:31pm On Jan 02, 2018
Bizibi:
that s-class will be a classic vintage in the future.
Well, the abandoned cars (especially those that are well maintained and neat) in the pictures are currently vintages too. So his point still stands.
Simply put, in 50 years, S-class will be considered to be what these cars are currently considered to be.
Re: Belgian Man Discovers Stash Of Cars Hidden In Abandoned Quarry Since WWII by Freeman147(m): 11:45pm On Jan 02, 2018
Bros no b lie...
Explorers:

Can relate, Peugeot 504&mercedes 200/230e.

Ocassions in secondary schools like Harvest, Inter house sport or end of the year party, the feeling when you are attending such ocassion with your guys in dads car.

My dad cruise V.Boot was strictly for palace, once in a month.

Steal the key, cruise the town with my chick and return the car before 4pm.

Park the car exactly the way dad parked it, sweep to clean the tyre tracks, return the keys and bribe my young ones to keep shut.

Re: Belgian Man Discovers Stash Of Cars Hidden In Abandoned Quarry Since WWII by Nne5: 8:27am On Jan 03, 2018
SladeWilson:
You just angry you were not the ftc mtswwwww park well joor
Jeez! Can't believe this. Who cares about ftc?
Re: Belgian Man Discovers Stash Of Cars Hidden In Abandoned Quarry Since WWII by Nobody: 8:39am On Jan 03, 2018
HARDLABOR:

And you think you have one

No mind am. Commonsense is relative. That one doesn't even have brain let aone sense

(1) (2) (3) (Reply)

You Are Welcome To Cotonou Clearing And Forwarding Home!!!!!!! / Request Free Vin Checks Here - Requests Will Be Processed 24 - 48 hrs / Car Buying Tips, Advise, Guidelines.

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 23
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.