Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,148,360 members, 7,800,725 topics. Date: Thursday, 18 April 2024 at 03:42 AM

So Urgent Pls - Phones - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Science/Technology / Phones / So Urgent Pls (1908 Views)

Urgent Pls: How Much Is Brand New Iphone 11 Pro Max In Lagos / Recommend A Phone Pls Very Urgent Pls!!!!!! / Urgent Pls! Tecno Camon C9 & Iphone 5s 64gig @30k (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (Reply) (Go Down)

So Urgent Pls by selflover(f): 9:36am On Jan 02, 2018
hello nairalanders,
I was gifted this phone some weeks ago, a Samsung Galaxy s6, but the problem I have with this phone is that it doesn't change to 2g or 3g it's just stuck on 4g, whenever I try to try to change it, the fone restarts and still remains in 4g and it seriously is affecting the battery life. pls does anyone have an idea on what I shud do abt it. thanks

Re: So Urgent Pls by GraGra247(m): 10:15am On Jan 02, 2018
Hoping you didn't get a fake China S6.

Those are the ones that usually behave like that.

But try Settings > more > Cellular networks > preferred network type.

If this doesn't work it's probably fake.
Re: So Urgent Pls by MarkWayne89: 10:51am On Jan 02, 2018
It also depends on your network and if its support 4G, I know the phone will keep staying on the most performant signal.

You can check if this is true by inserting a sim card from another network and check if it behaves the same.
Re: So Urgent Pls by selflover(f): 11:45am On Jan 02, 2018
GraGra247:
Hoping you didn't get a fake China S6.

Those are the ones that usually behave like that.

But try Settings > more > Cellular networks > preferred network type.

If this doesn't work it's probably fake.
no its not fake, I searched for my imei online and it brought out exactly my phone
Re: So Urgent Pls by selflover(f): 11:45am On Jan 02, 2018
MarkWayne89:
It also depends on your network and if its support 4G, I know the phone will keep staying on the most performant signal.

You can check if this is true by inserting a sim card from another network and check if it behaves the same.
thanks I will try that just that my phone uses a nano sim. but is that how all smg s6 phones are?
Re: So Urgent Pls by Stormyweather(m): 7:59pm On Jan 02, 2018
selflover:
thanks I will try that just that my phone uses a nano sim. but is that how all smg s6 phones are?
what is the model number? I'm guessing most branded s6 does that
Re: So Urgent Pls by selflover(f): 9:35pm On Jan 02, 2018
Stormyweather:
what is the model number? I'm guessing most branded s6 does that
I don't think it's branded or how do I check if it's branded. the model is SM-G920F
Re: So Urgent Pls by Stormyweather(m): 9:47pm On Jan 02, 2018
selflover:
I don't think it's branded or how do I check if it's branded. the model is SM-G920F
it's unbranded then. did you see this at the back of the phone or. the settings? Go to settings and check about
Re: So Urgent Pls by selflover(f): 1:04am On Jan 03, 2018
Stormyweather:
it's unbranded then. did you see this at the back of the phone or. the settings? Go to settings and check about
that's what I did
Re: So Urgent Pls by Stormyweather(m): 7:43am On Jan 03, 2018
selflover:
that's what I did
screenshot your about device. When last did you do a software update? What android version are you currently on?

1 Like

Re: So Urgent Pls by selflover(f): 8:26am On Jan 03, 2018
Stormyweather:
screenshot your about device. When last did you do a software update? What android version are you currently on?

Re: So Urgent Pls by Stormyweather(m): 8:37am On Jan 03, 2018
[quote author=selflover post=63846832][/quote] do you have any update? I didn't see what I'm looking for. If you do have update, try to update it let's see how it goes. Connect to Wi-Fi and open that software update. Let me know what you see there
Re: So Urgent Pls by selflover(f): 3:19pm On Jan 03, 2018
Stormyweather:
do you have any update? I didn't see what I'm looking for. If you do have update, try to update it let's see how it goes. Connect to Wi-Fi and open that software update. Let me know what you see there
I guess this is what u were looking for

Re: So Urgent Pls by Stormyweather(m): 3:22pm On Jan 03, 2018
selflover:
I guess this is what u were looking for
yes, update and it should be better
Re: So Urgent Pls by selflover(f): 3:25pm On Jan 03, 2018
Stormyweather:
yes, update and it should be better
the funniest tin is I can't update it. The option for software update doesn't click whenever I tap it. I wish I can get a solution
Re: So Urgent Pls by Stormyweather(m): 3:36pm On Jan 03, 2018
selflover:
the funniest tin is I can't update it. The option for software update doesn't click whenever I tap it. I wish I can get a solution
it doesn't click? That's strange though. You can use Manual update then
Re: So Urgent Pls by selflover(f): 3:41pm On Jan 03, 2018
Stormyweather:
it doesn't click? That's strange though. You can use Manual update then
how do I go about dat
Re: So Urgent Pls by Stormyweather(m): 3:44pm On Jan 03, 2018
Try this step, go to settings, scroll all the way down to the bottom it will tell you system update tap it and it will take you to check for updates, tap that as well. Let's know if that works
Re: So Urgent Pls by Stormyweather(m): 3:46pm On Jan 03, 2018
selflover:
how do I go about dat
it's using Odin. Somewhat complicated but it's nothing you can't handle
Re: So Urgent Pls by selflover(f): 3:49pm On Jan 03, 2018
Stormyweather:
it's using Odin. Somewhat complicated but it's nothing you can't handle
thanks
Re: So Urgent Pls by Abeos(m): 3:53pm On Jan 03, 2018
selflover:
hello nairalanders,
I was gifted this phone some weeks ago, a Samsung Galaxy s6, but the problem I have with this phone is that it doesn't change to 2g or 3g it's just stuck on 4g, whenever I try to try to change it, the fone restarts and still remains in 4g and it seriously is affecting the battery life. pls does anyone have an idea on what I shud do abt it. thanks

Try using this code *#*#4636#*#* then select either GSM only or WCDMA only under phone information
Re: So Urgent Pls by Stormyweather(m): 3:55pm On Jan 03, 2018
selflover:
thanks
you are welcome
Re: So Urgent Pls by selflover(f): 3:58pm On Jan 03, 2018
Abeos:

Try using this code *#*#4636#*#* then select either GSM only or WCDMA only under phone information
I tried it, it's not working

Re: So Urgent Pls by Abeos(m): 4:05pm On Jan 03, 2018
selflover:
I tried it, it's not working

Make sure it's completely typed out not copy and paste, pls let me know if it works
Re: So Urgent Pls by selflover(f): 4:07pm On Jan 03, 2018
Abeos:

Make sure it's completely typed out not copy and paste, pls let me know if it works
it's not working
Re: So Urgent Pls by Abeos(m): 4:13pm On Jan 03, 2018
selflover:
it's not working

OK it seems the carrier on the phone is not the common ones. You may try this code *#0011# or *#32489#
Re: So Urgent Pls by selflover(f): 4:16pm On Jan 03, 2018
Abeos:

OK it seems the carrier on the phone is not the common ones. You may try this code *#0011#
okay so what shud I click on
Re: So Urgent Pls by Abeos(m): 4:18pm On Jan 03, 2018
selflover:
okay so what shud I click on
Upload a screenshot
Re: So Urgent Pls by selflover(f): 4:20pm On Jan 03, 2018
Abeos:

Upload a screenshot

Re: So Urgent Pls by Abeos(m): 4:25pm On Jan 03, 2018
Select more and see if anything comes up
Re: So Urgent Pls by sinaj(f): 6:03pm On Jan 03, 2018
[quote author=selflover post=63860857][/quote]see if you can tap dat wcdma for more options. Smtin like diz should come up...

(1) (2) (Reply)

Meet Infinix Hot S3X with 16mp front camera / Spark 4 Lite Complete Specifications, Review And Price / Iphone Users Are Delusional.

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 27
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.