Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,143,325 members, 7,780,808 topics. Date: Thursday, 28 March 2024 at 10:54 PM

UBA Card Maintenance Multiple Charges - Business - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Business / UBA Card Maintenance Multiple Charges (29795 Views)

Senate Asks CBN To Suspend ATM Card Maintenance Charges / UBA Added N10 To Lady's N40 To Withdraw N52 For Card Maintenance / UPDATE: Your UBA Card Can Be Used On Any Site & Anywhere (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (Reply) (Go Down)

UBA Card Maintenance Multiple Charges by buchibrand(m): 10:20am On Jan 02, 2018
UBA debited me on
Thursday 28/12/2017 "CARD MAINT.
NOVEMBER" on Sunday 31st they debited me again "CARD MAINT. MAY" and
on Monday 1/01/2018 morning I was debited again "CARD MAINT.
DECEMBER", and in the evening
again another debit "CARD MAINT.
AUGUST".
Can someone tell me what's wrong with UBA before they finish my money?

70 Likes 10 Shares

Re: UBA Card Maintenance Multiple Charges by vivypretty(f): 10:26am On Jan 02, 2018
I thought I was the only one receiving such messages. they started debiting from April 2017 something they always do at the beginning of every month.

59 Likes 6 Shares

Re: UBA Card Maintenance Multiple Charges by tunde5292(m): 10:28am On Jan 02, 2018
Don't mind them. It is the work central bank of Nigeria that gave them the opportunity to misbehave in deducting ATM card maintenance fee everymonth

6 Likes 1 Share

Re: UBA Card Maintenance Multiple Charges by mexxmoney: 10:29am On Jan 02, 2018
I experienced the same thing for sometime. I discovered they debit my acc. for card maintenance twice every month so I went to complain at my branch, they said it was because they mistakenly hadn't stopped charging for my former debit card that had expired. They rectified it though so I suggest you go to your bank branch and make a complaint

7 Likes

Re: UBA Card Maintenance Multiple Charges by buchibrand(m): 10:31am On Jan 02, 2018
vivypretty:
I thought I was the only one receiving such messages. they started debiting from April 2017 something they always do at the beginning of every month.
Does it mean that we are now helpless or do we blame this on the government's consumer/customer protection unit?.
Re: UBA Card Maintenance Multiple Charges by odiereke(m): 10:32am On Jan 02, 2018
I looked at this as another dubious way of stealing ones money. Its saddened to see how my money has always been squandered by UBA

6 Likes

Re: UBA Card Maintenance Multiple Charges by buchibrand(m): 10:36am On Jan 02, 2018
odiereke:
I looked at this as another dubious way of stealing ones money. Its saddened to see how my money has always been squandered by UBA
This is really serious.
Re: UBA Card Maintenance Multiple Charges by vivypretty(f): 10:40am On Jan 02, 2018
buchibrand:

Does it mean that we are now helpless or do we blame this on the government's consumer/customer protection unit?.
I don't think so.i think the best thing to do is to complain to the bank,especially if u r certain n v evidence that they v debited u previously for the same charge before this present one (through their messages).
I remember when they used to debit me twice every month for the same charge,I went to the bank n complained n found out it was as a result of missing atm card I didn't block but got a replacement.
is time I started saving their messages now so I will know all the transactions going on in my account.

4 Likes 1 Share

Re: UBA Card Maintenance Multiple Charges by successking401(m): 10:42am On Jan 02, 2018
same here
meanwhile if you are suffering from staphylococcus aureus or anything that spells infection,pls let's talk.i have the cure(strictly herbs)

4 Likes 1 Share

Re: UBA Card Maintenance Multiple Charges by iliyande(m): 10:53am On Jan 02, 2018
Thought I was the only one
I ran away from uba just because of this multiple debiting
This is 2018 and they have started again
Please lalasticlala push this to FP

3 Likes

Re: UBA Card Maintenance Multiple Charges by buchibrand(m): 11:14am On Jan 02, 2018
iliyande:
Thought I was the only one
I ran away from uba just because of this multiple debiting
This is 2018 and they have started again
Please lalasticlala push this to the permanent side
This was how they debited me 3 times in less than 2 hours last year, so I left the account for sometime without making a credit or debit. After sometime I noticed the debit became normal so I started using them for my daily transactions again, now I am afraid of loosing more money to UBA.
Re: UBA Card Maintenance Multiple Charges by iliyande(m): 11:26am On Jan 02, 2018
buchibrand:

This was how they debited me 3 times in less than 2 hours last year, so I left the account for sometime without making a credit or debit. After sometime I noticed the debit became normal so I started using them for my daily transactions again, now I am afraid of loosing more money to UBA.

Sad bro, they are back to their normal business of multiple debiting
Re: UBA Card Maintenance Multiple Charges by eezeribe(m): 11:42am On Jan 02, 2018
I have opened a new account with STANBIC IBTC,.... UBA is now something else.
Modefied:I just received a call from UBA customer fulfilment centre,explaining heaven and earth to me...
Anyway I told them that their 'corporate image' is already cooling off on the front page of nairaland..

10 Likes

Re: UBA Card Maintenance Multiple Charges by buchibrand(m): 2:02pm On Jan 02, 2018
eezeribe:
I have opened a new account with STANBIC IBTC,.... UBA is now something else.
How is their service?
Re: UBA Card Maintenance Multiple Charges by roqrules04(m): 2:34pm On Jan 02, 2018
I thought Gtb is worse
Re: UBA Card Maintenance Multiple Charges by ekems2017(f): 2:34pm On Jan 02, 2018
Not only UBA. Eco bank is the worst. They will debit your account without even telling you what the charges is for. The funniest part of it is that Eco bank will will give you interest of N17 and debit you N130.00 for only God knows what.
I don tire Abeg.

10 Likes 1 Share

Re: UBA Card Maintenance Multiple Charges by adekanmbi1986(m): 2:34pm On Jan 02, 2018
Hmmm... What is the maintenance being carried out on the card every month sef ?

5 Likes

Re: UBA Card Maintenance Multiple Charges by Kunleskey(m): 2:35pm On Jan 02, 2018
ok
Re: UBA Card Maintenance Multiple Charges by fpeter(f): 2:35pm On Jan 02, 2018
Na dia way
Re: UBA Card Maintenance Multiple Charges by daikale: 2:36pm On Jan 02, 2018
i got too, deducting 52.5 naira all in name of card maint.

5 Likes

Re: UBA Card Maintenance Multiple Charges by free2ryhme: 2:36pm On Jan 02, 2018
buchibrand:
UBA debited me on
Thursday 28/12/2017 "CARD MAINT.
NOVEMBER" on Sunday 31st they debited me again "CARD MAINT. MAY" and
on Monday 1/01/2018 morning I was debited again "CARD MAINT.
DECEMBER", and in the evening
again another debit "CARD MAINT.
AUGUST".
Can someone tell me what's wrong with UBA before they finish my money?

na so sem dey do

Just leave the account for dem dey will deduct until it enters minus

dont say I didnot warn you
Re: UBA Card Maintenance Multiple Charges by icedfire(m): 2:36pm On Jan 02, 2018
i have exactly the same issue, I complained in October and they said it was my former atm card that was stolen so they stopped it, only for them to charge me last week for atm card maintanance for the month of april 2017 for an account that was dormant till July this year? and its my main bank now,.. I really wish to close the account... I don't have this issues with gtb

4 Likes

Re: UBA Card Maintenance Multiple Charges by leksmedia: 2:37pm On Jan 02, 2018
The moment when your bank is taking their share of the Christmas gift.

That reminded me a story of a friend of mine, She was passing through this lovely GTB structure and she felt it will be a good spot to take good photos , so she took as many photos as possible with different posses, before she got home she just started getting debit alert of 20,000 , 20,000 and 10,000. She almost ran mad thinking why would GTB charge her for taking pictures with their building, that was when it dawned on her that she gave her sister her ATM card to make withdrawals.

Anyways for your website design contact www.leksmediaconcept.com or call 08173091370

3 Likes

Re: UBA Card Maintenance Multiple Charges by thoollz: 2:37pm On Jan 02, 2018
Crazy

I've been a UBA customer for almost 10years and i'd say it's unfair the way they're treating their customers, i was not debited for SMS alert and card maintenance during d month of October and November. See massive deductions in December.

SMS alert of over 220+ naira and card maintenance of 52.50, u can imagine d math. Make dem deactivate that SMS alert charge sef. If i send message everyday in a month, it won't cost me up to 200 naira. The govt is extorting us, d banks are helping them to extort us d more.

1 Like

Re: UBA Card Maintenance Multiple Charges by chicobaddest(m): 2:37pm On Jan 02, 2018

5 Likes

Re: UBA Card Maintenance Multiple Charges by Igboblog: 2:37pm On Jan 02, 2018
I went to UBA today and have collected all my money because UBA wants to give me heart attack. Can you imagine UBA deducting my money every middle of the night and they will always tag it card maintenance and SMS charges? How can I sleep after seeing them doing it again and again every night? So, today I decided that I will collect all my money in order for me to be sleeping well every night. UBA don teach me lesson

20 Likes 2 Shares

Re: UBA Card Maintenance Multiple Charges by plainol(m): 2:37pm On Jan 02, 2018
I bought an ATM card for #1000. The same seller(Bank) still charge me monthly maintenance on the same card that I paid money for.

Aren't we in an Animal Farm? Isn't CBN a certified robbery institution that supervise over fraudulent institutions?

30 Likes 4 Shares

Re: UBA Card Maintenance Multiple Charges by rewarder: 2:38pm On Jan 02, 2018
Same with me oooh.., this is robbery.... I am piling all the deductions I go march go meet them

If you are UBA Staff in this forum report shapaly
Re: UBA Card Maintenance Multiple Charges by seunmohmoh(f): 2:38pm On Jan 02, 2018
D day dey remove d 52naira from my account for maintenance dey returned it
Re: UBA Card Maintenance Multiple Charges by drdeola001: 2:38pm On Jan 02, 2018
My card has expired since June 2017 and qm yet to pick or request for a new ATM card yet UBA debitted me for card maintenance fee.
Re: UBA Card Maintenance Multiple Charges by olafotad: 2:38pm On Jan 02, 2018
I had to stick to only one bank

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (Reply)

Banks To Resume Dollar Loans As Naira Appreciates / I Just Noticed A Fraudulent POS Withdrawal On My Account / Tony Elumelu Spent His Weekend With His Daughters (Photos)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 30
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.