Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,143,330 members, 7,780,856 topics. Date: Friday, 29 March 2024 at 12:46 AM

UBA Card Maintenance Multiple Charges - Business (8) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Business / UBA Card Maintenance Multiple Charges (29797 Views)

Senate Asks CBN To Suspend ATM Card Maintenance Charges / UBA Added N10 To Lady's N40 To Withdraw N52 For Card Maintenance / UPDATE: Your UBA Card Can Be Used On Any Site & Anywhere (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (5) (6) (7) (8) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: UBA Card Maintenance Multiple Charges by Footyfanz: 1:27pm On Jan 03, 2018
ogunsinamayowa:
Same here! I was debited more than 3 times in December alone. And anytime I withdraw money with ATM card, UBA will be changing 65 Naira on my subsequent withdrawal . Suppose I withdraw 3k. I will be debited 3065 naira. UBA is a scam. My Account will be dormant from now on.

oga, thats general na, know the rules abeg!
CBN says every bank must deduct N65 for 1st 3 deductions of the day.

thats not UBA's palava jare
Re: UBA Card Maintenance Multiple Charges by Triton1996(m): 1:54pm On Jan 03, 2018
I followed the advice of one Dandy who commented here by visiting one of the branches and was happy I did. I was pleasantly surprised by the warm reception given me and the way I was attended too. Truth be told they are very few banks that go the extra mile in serving customers. It’s an issue that happens across all banks and not one akin to UBA alone. I must say I am impressed by what I witnessed today.

1 Like

Re: UBA Card Maintenance Multiple Charges by jadesola2016: 1:59pm On Jan 03, 2018
‘Very few banks’ i totally agree. I once had an issue similar to this with my bank, the money was not much. I visited the bank and trust me, it was a waste of time. Yea the money in question was small but it is my sweat now( 5,500). The way the customer service person addressed me was really demeaning. And this is one of the most hyped banks in the country.
Re: UBA Card Maintenance Multiple Charges by Oshoboy01: 2:12pm On Jan 03, 2018
Some people just like to cry wolf when there is none. I bank with UBA and what I have experienced in recent times can hardly be matched elsewhere. I have had various issues concerning my account. All I did was reach out and the response was really satisfactory. I think we should not always be in a hurry to conclude. I dare say guys if you are aggrieved reach out.
Re: UBA Card Maintenance Multiple Charges by Oshoboy01: 2:15pm On Jan 03, 2018
I have 3 accounts with various banks, First Bank, UBA and GT. I dare say I have issues from time to time some even worse than the one in question. The point is that I am always in touch with my customer service officer. At the end of the day. I have peace of mind.
Re: UBA Card Maintenance Multiple Charges by Triton1996(m): 2:20pm On Jan 03, 2018
GT bank is my bank and the experience is very cool most times not all the time, but I am stuck to them like glue and won’t live. The truth is many a time, it is not always that cool. I really think they all have their different issues but what is key is how it is resolved and not the drama you make out of it.
Re: UBA Card Maintenance Multiple Charges by Uzeizy: 2:33pm On Jan 03, 2018
I had the same general issue, spoke to my account manager, she made me understand the charges
Re: UBA Card Maintenance Multiple Charges by sunshine46(f): 4:27pm On Jan 03, 2018
I had the same issue, called the bank and it was explained... I feel much better
Re: UBA Card Maintenance Multiple Charges by LArcher: 4:51pm On Jan 03, 2018
so i was equally upset earlier but in the CBN had revised the card maintenance charges. So the bank is only acting in line with the CBN directive really. yes perhaps these debits should have come earlier but there has been no foul play and the bank is even stating clearly the affected months so you know for what period you are being debited for. If you have any complaints sef you should try their customer care I got a detailed explanation and my account statement to go with it. grin grin grin
Re: UBA Card Maintenance Multiple Charges by sezydenoma(m): 5:05pm On Jan 03, 2018
ekems2017:
Not only UBA. Eco bank is the worst. They will debit your account without even telling you what the charges is for. The funniest part of it is that Eco bank will will give you interest of N17 and debit you N130.00 for only God knows what.
I don tire Abeg.

Lolz... Ooo... The really got my laughing out loud...
Re: UBA Card Maintenance Multiple Charges by sezydenoma(m): 5:11pm On Jan 03, 2018
Dailyfavour:
I had stop deposits in that Bank since. too much hidden charges

I don't think there are any hidden charges my brother, after i contacted UBA CFC and I was advised to use the UBA MOBILE BANKING App I could see all my transactions from the past 6 months, I only noticed that they charged at moment we did not expect... But I did not see double charge or hidden charges wen I calculated my money 1+1
Re: UBA Card Maintenance Multiple Charges by hollayemy89: 5:12pm On Jan 03, 2018
Btw 31/12/2017 and 02/01/2018, i was debited almost 600+. But to be candid, i can't just sit here and be complaining, i have my right to ask question and query them for any dime debited on me. I visited one of their branches to ask for my account statement, which i was given. To my surprised, i am short of words; why? I knew quite alright that CBN has mandated it for banks to be deducting N65 card maintenance charges monthly which they've been doing months back. To my surprise, the recent charges were meant for previous 2 consecutive months which they failed to deduct in June and September + SMS alert which i subscribed to. All I did was to advise them to set their system to be deducting as at when due and stop all this accumulation of a thing. Also, I think we all have to reach out to CBN to have mercy on people because the charges is much.
Re: UBA Card Maintenance Multiple Charges by sezydenoma(m): 5:34pm On Jan 03, 2018
Austinio:
so no be only me d debited. d bank go hear from me soon.

I was lucky to have called UBA CFC 2 months ago to block all old cards, cos I heard u have to call to block ur card else the card will still be active till it expires ooo and de ll debit u CARD MAINT... � � � I think you guys can call to ensure u dnt hav more than 1 active card grin grin grin cheesy.
Re: UBA Card Maintenance Multiple Charges by sezydenoma(m): 5:52pm On Jan 03, 2018
While you people are crying, me am enjoying my UBA card for $$$ dollar transaction which no other bank can provide...
All over the world �.
I have the Internet Banking, Mobile Banking and *919# I can monitor my transactions and charges by my self to be sure they are correct...

ABEG lemme goan be dancing the 919 dance.... Lol

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=nEvjlU9X7J4

Re: UBA Card Maintenance Multiple Charges by BAEMMA: 6:09pm On Jan 03, 2018
Card maintenance fee, as charged monthly by banks is a CBN pronouncement; effective May 1, 2017. It is good to seek counsel, so that one does not end up spreading gibberish. It may also be wise to contact the Bank to resolve this. I am sure your bank will listen. I really believe UBA is still one of the good banks around.

1 Like

Re: UBA Card Maintenance Multiple Charges by Dailyfavour(m): 6:22pm On Jan 03, 2018
sezydenoma

I don't think there are any hidden charges my brother, after i contacted UBA CFC and I was advised to use the UBA MOBILE BANKING App I could see all my transactions from the past 6 months, I only noticed that they charged at moment we did not expect... But I did not see double charge or hidden charges wen I calculated my money 1+1

But I used another Bank, and it has not been so. what is the essence of monthly charges after paying for the ATM CARD initially?

1 Like

Re: UBA Card Maintenance Multiple Charges by hollayemy89: 8:19pm On Jan 03, 2018
Dailyfavour:
sezydenoma

But I used another Bank, and it has not been so. what is the essence of monthly charges after paying for the ATM CARD initially?

You really said well by this because, @Stanbic, as at yesterday morning, i was planning to withdraw the last 3,000 out of 3,670, on getting there at night, a sum of up to #320 has been deducted even without alert and i wasn't able to collect beyond 2,800. Other banks are worsen because, gradually your money would be removed and you won't know talkless of you going to complain...
Re: UBA Card Maintenance Multiple Charges by sezydenoma(m): 9:41pm On Jan 03, 2018
Dailyfavour:
sezydenoma

My brother call 0800CBN and ask them, I read abt the policy... Nt was nt induced by d banks
Re: UBA Card Maintenance Multiple Charges by kabirYD(m): 2:13am On Jan 04, 2018
The debit alert come dey sound like Whatsapp alert, ...but sha, UBA mobile app dey give me joy, all I did was check my statement of account n I realised I wasn't debited does previous months....so no wahala...but dat 5k specially meant for d weekend turn 4k by force aspar atm no gree pay 4k5h...

I love UBA sha..
Re: UBA Card Maintenance Multiple Charges by Dailyfavour(m): 7:54am On Jan 04, 2018
hollayemy89

You really said well by this because, @Stanbic, as at yesterday morning, i was planning to withdraw the last 3,000 out of 3,670, on getting there at night, a sum of up to #320 has been deducted even without alert and i wasn't able to collect beyond 2,800. Other banks are worsen because, gradually your money would be removed and you won't know talkless of you going to complain...

hmmm, I know it happens secretly in many Banks, but I notice SKYE make difference/quote
Re: UBA Card Maintenance Multiple Charges by sameagles(m): 9:06am On Jan 04, 2018
I was debited in 2006 until my account became empty thereafter domant and automatically close its self. UBA is a mistake to run an account.
Re: UBA Card Maintenance Multiple Charges by buchibrand(m): 11:22am On Jan 04, 2018
This issue has been resolved and i am very happy with the response from the bank.
The truth is that it was NOT illegal charges, i have taken time to explain the reason behind the charges on this article https://buchibrandblog..com.ng/2018/01/see-why-you-got-multiple-card.html and how you can get yours resolved. Please read and Share.

cc: lalasticlala, FOD, dominique, puskin, Mynd44 please take this thread DOWN completely. #UBACARES
Re: UBA Card Maintenance Multiple Charges by Ksudr(m): 4:04pm On Jan 04, 2018
buchibrand:
This issue has been resolved and i am very happy with the response from the bank.
The truth is that it was NOT illegal charges, i have taken time to explain the reason behind the charges on this article https://buchibrandblog..com.ng/2018/01/see-why-you-got-multiple-card.html and how you can get yours resolved. Please read and Share.

cc: lalasticlala, FOD, dominique, puskin, Mynd44 please take this thread DOWN completely. #UBACARES

Oga dem don pay u. I can smell foul play. They should returned all the debits on our own accounts too
Re: UBA Card Maintenance Multiple Charges by wman(m): 3:33am On Jan 05, 2018
Wow!

I thought I was the only one. Right from December to this January, I have lost about N1000 to this. Various card deductions coming up at least thrice daily.
Re: UBA Card Maintenance Multiple Charges by TICBLESS: 11:56am On Jan 05, 2018
UBA adheres strictly to CBN policy. I always call 012808822 for clarification where in doubt.
Re: UBA Card Maintenance Multiple Charges by ArcToyin(m): 9:54pm On Feb 22, 2018
They have wounded me through there charges. Am just tired of them.
Re: UBA Card Maintenance Multiple Charges by Ihavesuccess: 9:58am On Aug 06, 2018
buchibrand:

This was how they debited me 3 times in less than 2 hours last year, so I left the account for sometime without making a credit or debit. After sometime I noticed the debit became normal so I started using them for my daily transactions again, now I am afraid of loosing more money to UBA.

please do they charge for ATM card maintenance even when you didn't use it through out the month.
Re: UBA Card Maintenance Multiple Charges by Ihavesuccess: 9:58am On Aug 06, 2018
buchibrand:

This was how they debited me 3 times in less than 2 hours last year, so I left the account for sometime without making a credit or debit. After sometime I noticed the debit became normal so I started using them for my daily transactions again, now I am afraid of loosing more money to UBA.

please do they charge for ATM card maintenance even when you didn't use it through out the month ?
Re: UBA Card Maintenance Multiple Charges by hollayemy89: 9:08am On Aug 07, 2018
Ihavesuccess:

please do they charge for ATM card maintenance even when you didn't use it through out the month ?

Yes pls, once the card is confirmed opened and not yet blocked/deactivated.
Re: UBA Card Maintenance Multiple Charges by Ihavesuccess: 9:12am On Aug 07, 2018
hollayemy89:

Yes pls, once the card is confirmed opened and not yet blocked/deactivated.

thanks I appreciate it.

1 Like

Re: UBA Card Maintenance Multiple Charges by buchibrand(m): 11:11pm On Aug 08, 2018
Ihavesuccess:

Yes they do.

(1) (2) (3) ... (5) (6) (7) (8) (Reply)

Banks To Resume Dollar Loans As Naira Appreciates / I Just Noticed A Fraudulent POS Withdrawal On My Account / Tony Elumelu Spent His Weekend With His Daughters (Photos)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 45
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.