Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,148,634 members, 7,801,829 topics. Date: Friday, 19 April 2024 at 01:05 AM

The Implausibility Of Mark 16:18 And John 14:12 In Relation To Sickness - Religion - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Religion / The Implausibility Of Mark 16:18 And John 14:12 In Relation To Sickness (1000 Views)

WAS JESUS PROMISING ALL HIS FAITHFULL FOLLOWERS HEAVENLY LIFE AT JOHN 14: 1-3? / If you love GOD, keep HIS Commandments (john 14:15) / Whoever does not love Me does not keep My words. (From John 14:24) (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

The Implausibility Of Mark 16:18 And John 14:12 In Relation To Sickness by Nobody: 12:52pm On Jan 02, 2018
John 14:12 King James Version (KJV)
12 Verily, verily, I say unto you, He that believeth on me, the works that I do shall he do also; and greater works than these shall he do; because I go unto my Father.

Mark 16:18 21st Century King James Version (KJ21)
18 they shall take up serpents, and if they drink any deadly thing, it shall not hurt them. They shall lay hands on the sick, and they shall recover.”

If the scriptures mentioned are valid, can the Christians in the house explain why despite the millions upon millions of believers we have in churches all across the land ;

• Our hospitals are filled to the brim with sick people and many with serious diseases but no healing
• Amputees are literally all over the land, but none of them have ever been healed
• The blind, the deaf and others similar handicaps continue to pervade our land with no healing
• Cancers and the likes continue to destroy our folk and still no healing
• Mental health exacerbating and yet we see many of these types of people parading past churches and fellowships with no healing in sight
• We have mighty crusades at intermittent periods during the year, and almost no healing of the aforementioned ailments can be 100% certified to have occurred

Contrast the state of affairs with ;

"Jesus went throughout Galilee, teaching in their synagogues, proclaiming the good news of the kingdom, and healing every disease and sickness among the people " - Matthew 4:23

If Jesus meant what he said by the promises he made, how come in this day and age, the CHURCH cannot perform 0.0000000001% of what Jesus did TALK LESS of 'GREATER WORKS THAN THESE'.

Can Pastors and Church folk help explain please.

1 Like

Re: The Implausibility Of Mark 16:18 And John 14:12 In Relation To Sickness by Thewesterner(m): 1:05pm On Jan 02, 2018
Theist or Atheist
Re: The Implausibility Of Mark 16:18 And John 14:12 In Relation To Sickness by Nobody: 1:16pm On Jan 02, 2018
Thewesterner:
Theist or Atheist

Theist - Sir!
Re: The Implausibility Of Mark 16:18 And John 14:12 In Relation To Sickness by Thewesterner(m): 1:28pm On Jan 02, 2018
frosbel2:

Theist - Sir!
Theist too... Bro to be candid, the happenings in the believers world these days has left me wondering whether I'm still one
Re: The Implausibility Of Mark 16:18 And John 14:12 In Relation To Sickness by Nobody: 1:54pm On Jan 02, 2018
Thewesterner:
Theist too... Bro to be candid, the happenings in the believers world these days has left me wondering whether I'm still one

The problem is people are not honest, we need people who are honest and open to discussion and analysis of current trends in order to understand what is true and what is just made up fiction.

1 Like 1 Share

Re: The Implausibility Of Mark 16:18 And John 14:12 In Relation To Sickness by Nobody: 5:35pm On Jan 02, 2018
Still waiting for answers!

Leave the Muslims and Atheists alone and come and help us here smiley
Re: The Implausibility Of Mark 16:18 And John 14:12 In Relation To Sickness by Martinez19(m): 7:25pm On Jan 02, 2018
I am an atheist. God, voodoo, religion, witchcraft, money ritual, spells, curses and other world mysticism are bunk. There are no such things as miracles or defiance to physical laws.
Re: The Implausibility Of Mark 16:18 And John 14:12 In Relation To Sickness by joshnes(m): 7:53pm On Jan 02, 2018
frosbel2 happy new year. First of all, miracles still happen. I have a grandma who has been healed totally from diabetes, a classmate who broke his leg and couldn't walk anymore but was healed by Pastor Chris Oyakhilome, he is now an engineer. My uncle's friend's daughter's genotype was changed from ss to aa. These are first hand miracles not them say them say. Secondly, there are different reasons as to why some people don't receive miracles, they include, unbelief, faithlessness, doubt, sin, familiarity etc. But I am going to tell you about one that relates directly to where you are - i.e. asking questions of God- ; The Sovereignty of God. Let me give you a scripture from Ps 115:2-3 "WHEREFORE SHOULD THE HEATHEN SAY, WHERE IS THEIR GOD? BUT OUR GOD IS IN THE HEAVENS HE HAS DONE WHATSOEVER HE HAS PLEASED." No mortal man can heal anybody, you can only pray, God does the healing. And God does whatever He pleases, heals whoever He pleases of what He pleases, through whom He pleases.
Re: The Implausibility Of Mark 16:18 And John 14:12 In Relation To Sickness by joshnes(m): 8:14pm On Jan 02, 2018
continued.... another evidence is the case of the lame man at the beautiful gate. That man was at the gate of the temple that Jesus walked through while He was on earth, but he was never healed. At least not until Peter & John walked through the gate and he got healed. And they said the man was healed in Jesus name. One would be tempted to ask "why didn't Jesus heal him?", because He does as He pleases. Rom 9:15 "...I will have mercy on whom I will have mercy, and I will have compassion on whom I will have compassion." But don't get it twisted healing is the bread of the children (Matt 15:21-28). So whenever you feel down, don't hesistate to make demands on your healing through Jesus (Isa 53:5). Some of these issues draw to mind what Paul said "....now I know in part; but then shall I know as I am known" (1Corinthians 13:12). Clarity will surely come. But for everyone who says God did not heal, there will be another who will say God healed. God Bless You.
Re: The Implausibility Of Mark 16:18 And John 14:12 In Relation To Sickness by Nobody: 10:40pm On Jan 02, 2018
joshnes:
frosbel2 happy new year. First of all, miracles still happen. I have a grandma who has been healed totally from diabetes, a classmate who broke his leg and couldn't walk anymore but was healed by Pastor Chris Oyakhilome, he is now an engineer. My uncle's friend's daughter's genotype was changed from ss to aa. These are first hand miracles not them say them say. Secondly, there are different reasons as to why some people don't receive miracles, they include, unbelief, faithlessness, doubt, sin, familiarity etc. But I am going to tell you about one that relates directly to where you are - i.e. asking questions of God- ; The Sovereignty of God. Let me give you a scripture from Ps 115:2-3 "WHEREFORE SHOULD THE HEATHEN SAY, WHERE IS THEIR GOD? BUT OUR GOD IS IN THE HEAVENS HE HAS DONE WHATSOEVER HE HAS PLEASED." No mortal man can heal anybody, you can only pray, God does the healing. And God does whatever He pleases, heals whoever He pleases of what He pleases, through whom He pleases.

Well, I cannot confirm these testimonies, however, is it not convenient that the diseases healed are usually invisible to the n.aked eye while diseases n.aked to the eye are not healed.

Besides, you still have not answered my question, if all the Christians on Nairaland who are always abusing Muslims and other Christians are HOLY and on Gods side, how come they are not able to heal or create a miracle talk less of doing 0.000001% of the works of Jesus.

Don't forget that Jesus said "greater works than these shall you do ", if so, why are our hospitals overrun with the sick, mental institutions congested with the those with a fragile mind and the amputees, blind, deaf etc still not healed.
Re: The Implausibility Of Mark 16:18 And John 14:12 In Relation To Sickness by joshnes(m): 11:05pm On Jan 02, 2018
frosbel2 is a broken leg invisible to the naked eye? I answered your question. Firstly I said miracles still happen, you have probably seen one, but your issue is skepticism. You are skeptical that the miracles are fake, but there are real miracles too. Go and watch the movie "miracles from heaven" and you will see an outstanding miracle there. Secondly I told you that God is the author of miracles, He heals at His own discretion with the right principles followed. So if anybody is healed or not, it is all about God. On greater works, the first greater work we do is reconcile men to God, because of Jesus' blood shed on the cross. Another is dimensions of walk with God, eg; it was never recorded that Jesus healed people with His shadow, but Paul did it (Acts 19:11-15). Concerning the sick people only God heals, and He alone can decide not to. Concerning your skepticism, if you believe in Jesus miracles, why don't you believe in miracles today? Pray to God to make His miracles real in your own life.
Re: The Implausibility Of Mark 16:18 And John 14:12 In Relation To Sickness by OLAADEGBU(m): 2:22am On Jan 03, 2018
frosbel2:

Theist - Sir!

"Whosoever denieth the Son, the same hath not the Father: (but) he that acknowledgeth the Son hath the Father also" (1 John 2:23)

You are without Jesus for Jesus is God. smiley

1 Like 1 Share

Re: The Implausibility Of Mark 16:18 And John 14:12 In Relation To Sickness by Nobody: 2:23am On Jan 03, 2018
OLAADEGBU:

"Whosoever denieth the Son, the same hath not the Father: (but) he that acknowledgeth the Son hath the Father also" (1 John 2:23)

You are without Jesus for Jesus is God. smiley

Whatever makes you happy smiley
Re: The Implausibility Of Mark 16:18 And John 14:12 In Relation To Sickness by Edu3Again: 2:31am On Jan 03, 2018
The word of God is true the problem is that the Church has replaced Jesus with money & pastors hence God endorse such.

As He cant endorse such, He cannot empower us as expected.

Imagine someone saying that they got healed becos of their tithes and not Jesus.
How do u think Jesus will feel?

1 Like

Re: The Implausibility Of Mark 16:18 And John 14:12 In Relation To Sickness by OLAADEGBU(m): 10:11am On Jan 03, 2018
frosbel2:

Whatever makes you happy smiley

"And of the angels he saith, Who maketh his angels spirits, and his ministers a flame of fire. But unto the Son he saith, Thy throne, O God, is for ever and ever: a sceptre of righteousness is the sceptre of thy kingdom. Thou hast loved righteousness, and hated iniquity; therefore God, even thy God, hath anointed thee with the oil of gladness above thy fellows" (Hebrews 1:7-9).

It is clear from these verses that One Person of the Godhead is speaking to another Person of the Godhead. You better believe in Jesus and received the joy of salvation which is far better than what makes you happy temporarily. smiley
Re: The Implausibility Of Mark 16:18 And John 14:12 In Relation To Sickness by Nobody: 10:19am On Jan 03, 2018
OLAADEGBU:

"And of the angels he saith, Who maketh his angels spirits, and his ministers a flame of fire. But unto the Son he saith, Thy throne, O God, is for ever and ever: a sceptre of righteousness is the sceptre of thy kingdom. Thou hast loved righteousness, and hated iniquity; therefore God, even thy God, hath anointed thee with the oil of gladness above thy fellows" (Hebrews 1:7-9).

It is clear from these verses that One Person of the Godhead is speaking to another Person of the Godhead. You better believe in Jesus and received the joy of salvation which is far better than what makes you happy temporarily. smiley

Are you programmed to rehash these myths endlessly, without taking a step back to examine most of your beliefs which are deeply rooted in paganism?

Besides, what is your response to the original post? Despite the exponential growth in church membership, we see less and less of the power of God. Is there a reason why smiley
Re: The Implausibility Of Mark 16:18 And John 14:12 In Relation To Sickness by OLAADEGBU(m): 10:31am On Jan 03, 2018
frosbel2:

Are you programmed to rehash these myths endlessly, without taking a step back to examine most of your beliefs which are deeply rooted in paganism?

Besides, what is your response to the original post? Despite the exponential growth in church membership, we see less and less of the power of God. Is there a reason why smiley

What God are you referring to, Jesus? undecided
Re: The Implausibility Of Mark 16:18 And John 14:12 In Relation To Sickness by Nobody: 4:54pm On Jan 03, 2018
OLAADEGBU:

Stick to the point and respond to the OP
Re: The Implausibility Of Mark 16:18 And John 14:12 In Relation To Sickness by Nobody: 4:55pm On Jan 03, 2018
Edu3Again:
The word of God is true the problem is that the Church has replaced Jesus with money & pastors hence God endorse such.

Imagine someone saying that they got healed becos of their tithes and not Jesus.

But he has also provided us with intelligence to heal diseases but our health system is a complete shambles and our doctors look for money first before saving life - terrible !

1 Like

Re: The Implausibility Of Mark 16:18 And John 14:12 In Relation To Sickness by Nobody: 4:56pm On Jan 03, 2018
Many Christians will avoid this article like a plague because they know what I am saying is true.

When they hear about tithe and offering and reaping a bountiful harvest, you will see them drooling all over the post.
Re: The Implausibility Of Mark 16:18 And John 14:12 In Relation To Sickness by bloodofthelamb(m): 7:33pm On Jan 03, 2018
Edu3Again:

Perfect response... Thumbs up bro.

1 Like

Re: The Implausibility Of Mark 16:18 And John 14:12 In Relation To Sickness by OLAADEGBU(m): 2:14am On Jan 04, 2018
frosbel2:

Stick to the point and respond to the OP

Since you neither believe in Jesus as your Lord and Saviour and you don't see the Bible as the inerrant and infallible Word of God why waste your time on what you believe is fables? undecided

1 Like

(1) (Reply)

2018 Rccg Holy Ghost Service (stronger Than Your Enemies) / Bishop Oyedepo "I Flew To 27 Countries While my wife Was Dying"faith At 60(pic) / Can We Make Use Of Condom As A Christian? Does the Bible Say Anything?

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 49
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.