Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,026 members, 7,807,033 topics. Date: Wednesday, 24 April 2024 at 08:45 AM

We Need Seaport In Onitsha, Oguta — Imo Stakeholders - Politics (4) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / We Need Seaport In Onitsha, Oguta — Imo Stakeholders (4694 Views)

Presence Of Seaport In The East, How It Will Boost The Economy Of The Region / Amaechi Says FG Willl Build $800 Million Seaport In Warri / President Buhari, Amaechi And El-Rufai At The Dry Land Seaport In Kaduna (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: We Need Seaport In Onitsha, Oguta — Imo Stakeholders by deomelo: 7:18pm On Jan 02, 2018
Earthquake1:

Here is the list of sea ports in Nigeria, tell me the 'seas' they are located.

SEA or Ocean, which one do you have in your village?

1 Like

Re: We Need Seaport In Onitsha, Oguta — Imo Stakeholders by tigerclaws: 7:30pm On Jan 02, 2018
SantaCruz1:
. Omenkalives=LionDeleo
Nope i know both individually
Re: We Need Seaport In Onitsha, Oguta — Imo Stakeholders by Earthquake1: 7:38pm On Jan 02, 2018
Re: We Need Seaport In Onitsha, Oguta — Imo Stakeholders by tigerclaws: 7:39pm On Jan 02, 2018
SantaCruz1:
. General,you are wrong this time, omenka is same person operating that LionDeleo handle

i can prove that ,just watch those handles closely, you will see how they operate
bros i have been following omenkalives for more than a year now as in he's my boy
Omenkalives is from ravaged state of Benue while LionDeLeo is a yeroba Muslim

am 1000% sure
Re: We Need Seaport In Onitsha, Oguta — Imo Stakeholders by laudate: 7:46pm On Jan 02, 2018
Earthquake1:
Here is the list of sea ports in Nigeria, tell me the 'seas' they are located.

Oga, from what you attached to your post, you should be able to deduce the answers. sad In fact, asking me that question just proves you failed geography in school. Calabar port is situated 55 nautical miles inland from the Atlantic Ocean and measures 150 metres wide, with an average depth of about 5 metres chart draft. It is actually located along a river, and is in fact a River Port, which leads to a need for frequent dredging of the channel, and the use of pilot boats. You were the one who grouped it with other ports, as a sea port. Is there no difference between a seaport and a river port? Or is a sea the same thing as a river, in your own book?

Port-harcourt sea ports, Onne port and Lagos Seaports are much closer to the Atlantic ocean, than other ports and have a greater depth.The Lagos channel is up to 13.5 meters deep, and can receive large vessels of 232.3 meters, which carry up to 3500 twenty-foot equivalent units (TEU) and these vessels require approximately 11.5 meters depth.

So pasting an excerpt that lumps all ports together, merely shows that you do not recognise the difference between a seaport and a river port. Onitsha port if fully completed, will be a river port and NOT a sea port. There are no seas, linking that site with the Atlantic ocean. undecided

1 Like

Re: We Need Seaport In Onitsha, Oguta — Imo Stakeholders by 9jaPromo(f): 9:25pm On Jan 02, 2018
ManMountain:

Oguta, Baro, Lokoja and Onitsha are all River ports and the reason they fall under NIWA
Stop been silly and acting like a dunce

Cure part of your illiteracy with this http://portnews.com.ng/niwa-to-complete-oguta-other-river-ports-in-two-years/

Dis ur dunces word done dey too much

1 Like

Re: We Need Seaport In Onitsha, Oguta — Imo Stakeholders by DerideGull(m): 10:01pm On Jan 02, 2018
ManMountain:

Olodo, so you can't easily see the word SEAPORT?
AIRPORT
SEAPORT
DRYPORT
RIVERPORT
These are all ports. Not all ports are however SEAPort

So tell me in specifics the part of Iboland with sea shoreline that you want to build that your Seaport

The problem with you all is the quality of your education in that part of the country

Olodo, I know with all efforts in Yari.ba land to educate you, Opu-Obu (Opopo) will elude a sucker such as you.

1 Like

Re: We Need Seaport In Onitsha, Oguta — Imo Stakeholders by Blue3k2: 8:28pm On Jan 03, 2018
Bump
Re: We Need Seaport In Onitsha, Oguta — Imo Stakeholders by TheKingdom: 11:46pm On Jan 03, 2018
VERY VERY USELESS AND CONFUSED PEOPLE, asking each year for the same things when they themselves can fight and attain their independence and build as many seaports a they like with their OWN money without begging or borrowing from IMF...

Shame

1 Like

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply)

Children Deserve Proper Care, Says Enugu Governor's Wife / I'll Be Supporting ESN With 50 Million Naira / Oodua Defence Force Dares Nigeria On Attack Against Sunday Igboho

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 51
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.