Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,143,466 members, 7,781,347 topics. Date: Friday, 29 March 2024 at 12:55 PM

China unveils Floating Museum That Hangs Off The Side Of A Cliff(Photos) - Education - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Education / China unveils Floating Museum That Hangs Off The Side Of A Cliff(Photos) (8532 Views)

Boy Hangs On Wall Like Spider-man To Escape Beating From His Mum [Watch VIDEO] / The House Wole Soyinka Lived At The OAU Campus Turned To Museum (Photos) / Nigerian Man Visited A Museum In Turkey, Saw Charcoal Iron, Black & White TV (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (Reply) (Go Down)

China unveils Floating Museum That Hangs Off The Side Of A Cliff(Photos) by Explorers(m): 2:41pm On Jan 02, 2018
The newly unveiled museum is a piece of cutting-edge art itself - literally.

The two-storey glass-walled gallery clings to the side of a 541-foot-tall cliff in a national park in southern China.

Built in a natural dent on top of the cliff face, the building gives the impression as if it has been built into the rock.

The spectacular visual effect has earned the 800-square-metre (8,611 square feet) structure its nickname, the 'floating museum'.

The architect, He Wei, said the curvy glass exterior wall creates the illusion that the building is growing out of the cliff.

http://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/article-5218705/Chinas-incredible-floating-museum-built-cliff.html
Lalasticlala, Mynd44

9 Likes 4 Shares

Re: China unveils Floating Museum That Hangs Off The Side Of A Cliff(Photos) by Explorers(m): 2:43pm On Jan 02, 2018
The museum is designed by 3andwich Design, a Beijing-based architectural firm led by China-born German-trained He Wei.

The architect said in his mind the gallery, which took a year to build, should be a viewing point with impressive sense of space.

Lalasticlala pls i need ur help Asap, sent u a mail.

3 Likes

Re: China unveils Floating Museum That Hangs Off The Side Of A Cliff(Photos) by free2ryhme: 2:44pm On Jan 02, 2018
is this a museum or a library undecided
Re: China unveils Floating Museum That Hangs Off The Side Of A Cliff(Photos) by HeWrites(m): 2:44pm On Jan 02, 2018
grin
Re: China unveils Floating Museum That Hangs Off The Side Of A Cliff(Photos) by Explorers(m): 2:46pm On Jan 02, 2018
The museum's lounge area (pictured) boasts sleek wooden panels and columns, marble floor lining and tasteful decor.

Users of the meeting rooms would be able to enjoy breath-taking limestone mountains while going through presentations.

1 Like

Re: China unveils Floating Museum That Hangs Off The Side Of A Cliff(Photos) by Explorers(m): 2:49pm On Jan 02, 2018
The conference area of the museum (pictured).

Re: China unveils Floating Museum That Hangs Off The Side Of A Cliff(Photos) by deco22(m): 2:52pm On Jan 02, 2018
When they will know their village people are strong is when an earthquake will happen on the mountain and probably cause land slides.

Then they will know.

24 Likes

Re: China unveils Floating Museum That Hangs Off The Side Of A Cliff(Photos) by Explorers(m): 2:54pm On Jan 02, 2018
By using glass, a light building material in rock, Mr He hopes that the building could create a harmony between a man-made structure and nature.

A stunning drone video on Design Wire shows that the transparent attraction standing above the clouds as it overlooks river valleys.

In an interview with Design Wire, Mr He said buildings connect humans and natural landscape and that he hopes the three elements co-exist in this building.

The transparent attraction stands nearly 550 feet above the ground and overlooks river valleys and limestone hills.

2 Likes

Re: China unveils Floating Museum That Hangs Off The Side Of A Cliff(Photos) by Thewesterner(m): 2:54pm On Jan 02, 2018
deco22:
When they will know their village people are strong is when an earthquake will happen on the mountain and probably cause land slides.

Then they will know.
Are you wishing that or just saying,?

1 Like

Re: China unveils Floating Museum That Hangs Off The Side Of A Cliff(Photos) by daveP(m): 2:59pm On Jan 02, 2018
This is a risk waiting to turn disaster na!?

1 Like

Re: China unveils Floating Museum That Hangs Off The Side Of A Cliff(Photos) by dynicks(m): 3:00pm On Jan 02, 2018
come oo! this country just dey dey make us feel like we don't exist under the same globe...y this country go just dey dey intimidate person anyhow? sometimes I wonder if our leaders from this angle of the world(9ja) aren't ashamed of themselves....they seriously need to hide their faces in shame mehn!!

30 Likes

Re: China unveils Floating Museum That Hangs Off The Side Of A Cliff(Photos) by chukxie(m): 3:13pm On Jan 02, 2018
China this, China that, China everywhere ! Good for them. A once impoverished country that opened up four decades ago is today the world's second largest economy. All thanks to visionary leaders it has had. This year, China plans to send a manned satellite to a part of the moon that has never ever been explored before! There's a lot Nigeria can learn from China's development and meteoric rise. Question is: Are our leaders willing to learn?

10 Likes 3 Shares

Re: China unveils Floating Museum That Hangs Off The Side Of A Cliff(Photos) by profmsboi(m): 3:20pm On Jan 02, 2018
Wow!
Re: China unveils Floating Museum That Hangs Off The Side Of A Cliff(Photos) by divinehand2003(m): 3:24pm On Jan 02, 2018
Nice
Re: China unveils Floating Museum That Hangs Off The Side Of A Cliff(Photos) by Blakjewelry(m): 3:29pm On Jan 02, 2018
Wow cool.. If Nigeria hope to achieve anything meaningful, it should find a way to attract most of brains that have left the shores for greener pastures, and the only way of doing that is better pay and security

1 Like

Re: China unveils Floating Museum That Hangs Off The Side Of A Cliff(Photos) by paschal47(m): 3:31pm On Jan 02, 2018
I say this to myself every day; guy if you no go China for your life time, you don fvck up.

These Chinese guys that people said are producing fake things are better off than Nigerians that criticises everything and tribalises everything.

I weep for my dear country cry cry cry

11 Likes

Re: China unveils Floating Museum That Hangs Off The Side Of A Cliff(Photos) by mrMeen(m): 3:50pm On Jan 02, 2018
china I hope you become the world's biggest super power soon I just like you guys I swear down but am contented with being a Nigerian we too can make it big.

3 Likes

Re: China unveils Floating Museum That Hangs Off The Side Of A Cliff(Photos) by Nobody: 3:50pm On Jan 02, 2018
Wch kind country be this self
Re: China unveils Floating Museum That Hangs Off The Side Of A Cliff(Photos) by festwiz(m): 3:56pm On Jan 02, 2018
I weep for my country.

These guys keep pushing the boundaries of design and innovation. I wonder what Nigeria would've been like if China had colonized us.

#...

9 Likes 1 Share

Re: China unveils Floating Museum That Hangs Off The Side Of A Cliff(Photos) by Daviddson(m): 4:11pm On Jan 02, 2018
Amazing

1 Like

Re: China unveils Floating Museum That Hangs Off The Side Of A Cliff(Photos) by oz4real83(m): 4:19pm On Jan 02, 2018
China keeps showing to us that ''mosquito eyes'' are far better than ''okpolo eyes'' because ''okpolo eye'' no be open eye. China keeps taking science and technology beyond limits.

4 Likes 1 Share

Re: China unveils Floating Museum That Hangs Off The Side Of A Cliff(Photos) by dovetark: 4:21pm On Jan 02, 2018
You are amazing
Re: China unveils Floating Museum That Hangs Off The Side Of A Cliff(Photos) by ogtavia(m): 4:25pm On Jan 02, 2018
chukxie:
China this, China that, China everywhere ! Good for them. A once impoverished country that opened up four decades ago is today the world's second largest economy. All thanks to visionary leaders it has had. This year, China plans to send a manned satellite to a part of the moon that has never ever been explored before! There's a lot Nigeria can learn from China's development and meteoric rise. Question is: Are our leaders willing to learn?
No...they are not.. some are only interested in cattle rearing,promoting indiscriminate grazing of cattle and construction of statues....

2 Likes

Re: China unveils Floating Museum That Hangs Off The Side Of A Cliff(Photos) by HARDLABOR: 4:30pm On Jan 02, 2018
People be blaming Nigeria for it condition

But who will blame them for their own condition
Re: China unveils Floating Museum That Hangs Off The Side Of A Cliff(Photos) by wunmi590(m): 4:35pm On Jan 02, 2018
Abeg, this country is too good in development, they should just sale Nigeria to them or lease Nigeria to them so that they can help us to develop it, abeg

1 Like

Re: China unveils Floating Museum That Hangs Off The Side Of A Cliff(Photos) by delugajackson: 4:44pm On Jan 02, 2018
Give it up for Explorers.

Dude is always on point, man.
Re: China unveils Floating Museum That Hangs Off The Side Of A Cliff(Photos) by frank202012: 4:46pm On Jan 02, 2018
deco22:

Then they will know.

oga shut it...

even if earthquake destroys the whole of shanghai
they will fix it faster even before ur zoo country produces toothpicks......

1 Like

Re: China unveils Floating Museum That Hangs Off The Side Of A Cliff(Photos) by Spaxon(f): 5:30pm On Jan 02, 2018
OMG
Re: China unveils Floating Museum That Hangs Off The Side Of A Cliff(Photos) by wristbangle: 5:40pm On Jan 02, 2018
This is amazing. China is a place I would like to visit. Their creativity is second to none.
Re: China unveils Floating Museum That Hangs Off The Side Of A Cliff(Photos) by Tolupage(m): 5:46pm On Jan 02, 2018
Naija will get there someday but our architects and engineers should stop giving us 19th century designs.

Visit http://realgistforum.com
Re: China unveils Floating Museum That Hangs Off The Side Of A Cliff(Photos) by Treasure17(m): 6:13pm On Jan 02, 2018
What do you expect from right thinking people with high​ grade minds. The reverse is the case over here. No plans, just one way traffic. I weep for this country. Baba God please next time consult me before you transfer me to anywhere specifically Nigeria. I would have preferred Afghanistan self.

2 Likes

(1) (2) (3) (Reply)

Crab Capable Of Tearing Coconut Apart And More[photo] / Prospect Of Mechatronics Engineering In Nigeria / 10 Times Nature Made Us Say “NOPE” (VIEWERS DISCRETION)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 43
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.