Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,148,854 members, 7,802,739 topics. Date: Friday, 19 April 2024 at 08:28 PM

See The Nonsense I Got From Web4africa - Webmasters - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Science/Technology / Webmasters / See The Nonsense I Got From Web4africa (2212 Views)

Lol... Read The Weird Support A Client Got From An Hosting Company / Must Read: Is Giftalworld Still Paying? I Got Paid 50k Today. Find Out / Whogohost Is The Most Nonsense Hosting Company In Nigeria Here's Why (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

See The Nonsense I Got From Web4africa by webincomeplus(m): 6:47pm On Jan 02, 2018
Good day fellas,

After much hesitation, I decided to try my hands on a .com.ng domain for the first time ever (I have over 10 .com domain names). I got recommendations that Web4Africa is one of the best registrars to opt for, and I decided to register the domain name with them.

Earlier today, I registered the domain name, paying via PayPal. It was successfully registered and I was immediately sent an email to that effect.

But to my surprise, I logged in to my client areas to change my nameservers, and the option to edit it wasn't enabled. More surprisingly, there was an "Expired" label under the domain name's status (a domain name I just registered). And even more surprisingly, the expiry date showed the correct expiry date (Jan 2, 2019).

Now, when I discourage people against all these shitty Nigerian and African hosts, some people think I'm being unpatriotic. It's over 10 hours now since I sent them a support ticket, and I've gotten no reply. With the likes of Namecheap and other reputable registrars and hosts, you get instant access to whatever you've paid for. With experiences like this, I guess Nigeria/Africa isn't ready at all.

3 Likes

Re: See The Nonsense I Got From Web4africa by 3html: 6:50pm On Jan 02, 2018
# academics.com.ng is still visible bro cheesy
You should have gotten with domainking they are very good... After namecheap the next I can go for is domainking

1 Like

Re: See The Nonsense I Got From Web4africa by SirLakes: 6:57pm On Jan 02, 2018
3html:
# academics.com.ng is still visible bro cheesy
Lol
Re: See The Nonsense I Got From Web4africa by Ifebaby16(m): 9:30am On Jan 13, 2018
WhoGoHost is cool. I have never had such experience with them. If I were you, I'll just ask for a refund.
Re: See The Nonsense I Got From Web4africa by SpecNg: 9:34am On Jan 13, 2018
Nothing beats namecheap

1 Like

Re: See The Nonsense I Got From Web4africa by Dmayor7(m): 10:55am On Jan 18, 2018
I always advise against Nigerian hosting and domain registrars....

They are not yet ready for business.

1 Like

Re: See The Nonsense I Got From Web4africa by bedfordng(m): 11:47am On Jan 18, 2018
lately web4africa is acting weired with their dealings . I paid #4800 for renewal of someone's domain for 1 year on their platform , first attempt failed using current account via gtweb pay online payment gateway . so I tried using savings account and it went successfully.

unknown to me, the failed transaction was debited #4800 which is total #9600. this was since December 27th 2017. uptil now no response from them regarding what happened to the cash debited. they just sent a message saying they have contacted gtbank.

nothing else. their platform is becoming something else as making online payment is not safe anymore. double charges without refund and no response . their support since this new year sucks .you hardly get response. I don't know if it is due to their newly launched interface . they really disappointed me.

to think I wanted to purchase an hosting from them, I got discouraged due to the issue at hand and went for gauranntor hosting

I have stopped recommending their platform for purchase of domain

2 Likes

Re: See The Nonsense I Got From Web4africa by Nobody: 3:48pm On Jan 18, 2018
Try DomainKing bro or garanntor

I have a .com.ng with both Registrars
Re: See The Nonsense I Got From Web4africa by Doerstech(m): 4:29pm On Jan 18, 2018
I buy all my .com.ng domain from Whogohost and I never had any issues with them.

Next time use them.
Re: See The Nonsense I Got From Web4africa by TechPanda(m): 9:55pm On Feb 10, 2018
Sorry about that bro.

Personally, i got a domain about 3 days ago but DNS Manager wasnt available.

I sent a message to them via ticket and you wont believe what they told me - i have to pay for DNS manager.

i was like WTF! after buying a domain, i've have to pay extra to be able to map it to my host? which registar does that.

Am highly unimressed with W4A, have refered up to 8 friends via their affiliate, yet my aff earning still reads $1
Re: See The Nonsense I Got From Web4africa by Dukebaba3v3(m): 6:54am On Jun 22, 2018
qservers .net is bae!! I registered my domain for just N3500 with them.
Re: See The Nonsense I Got From Web4africa by Nobody: 11:51am On Jun 22, 2018
SpecNg:
Nothing beats namecheap
As in ehn. Best ever.
Re: See The Nonsense I Got From Web4africa by melanch(m): 6:25pm On Jul 01, 2018
Domain king is bae
Re: See The Nonsense I Got From Web4africa by uprightman(m): 7:18am On Jan 03, 2019
webincomeplus:
Good day fellas,

After much hesitation, I decided to try my hands on a .com.ng domain for the first time ever (I have over 10 .com domain names). I got recommendations that Web4Africa is one of the best registrars to opt for, and I decided to register the domain name with them.

Earlier today, I registered the domain name, paying via PayPal. It was successfully registered and I was immediately sent an email to that effect.

But to my surprise, I logged in to my client areas to change my nameservers, and the option to edit it wasn't enabled. More surprisingly, there was an "Expired" label under the domain name's status (a domain name I just registered). And even more surprisingly, the expiry date showed the correct expiry date (Jan 2, 2019).

Now, when I discourage people against all these shitty Nigerian and African hosts, some people think I'm being unpatriotic. It's over 10 hours now since I sent them a support ticket, and I've gotten no reply. With the likes of Namecheap and other reputable registrars and hosts, you get instant access to whatever you've paid for. With experiences like this, I guess Nigeria/Africa isn't ready at all.
Brother , don't generalize. I am using .com.ng from domaianking.ng and is working. They always respond to issue through email or live chat. My blog is www.footballnews.com.ng
Re: See The Nonsense I Got From Web4africa by webincomeplus(m): 7:20am On Jan 03, 2019
uprightman:
Brother , don't generalize. I am using .com.ng from domaianking.ng and is working. They always respond to issue through email or live chat. My blog is www.footballnews.com.ng
And you don't know Domainking is owned by Indians? Who told you it's a Nigerian company? Because they have offices in Nigeria?

1 Like

Re: See The Nonsense I Got From Web4africa by ashiraf(m): 1:14pm On Jan 03, 2019
Riseshost services are automatic www.riseshost.com
Re: See The Nonsense I Got From Web4africa by andassyn(m): 9:42am On Jan 04, 2019
Bro, just use Qservers.net and thank later...

(1) (Reply)

Utexta.com Debuts With FREE 500 Bulk Sms Units!!! / Google Is Not Indexing My Site Please Help. / I will crack any computer trial version for you

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 30
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.