Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,148,660 members, 7,801,914 topics. Date: Friday, 19 April 2024 at 05:35 AM

DEAR 2018. - Poems For Review - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Entertainment / Literature / Poems For Review / DEAR 2018. (537 Views)

In Love 08/03/2018 / My Dear Black Sisters / To My Ebony (dear) (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply)

DEAR 2018. by Nobody: 8:10pm On Jan 02, 2018
MUSINGS OF MICHARMONY

DEAR 2018,

In the journey of life new years are like checkpoints, workshops and refilling stations.
They tell you to either move slowly if you're going too fast, or faster if you're moving too slow.
They give chances for revaluation of the vehicle; The body and soul.

So dear 2018,

This is not about what you will offer; It's about what I can do,
For whatsoever the mind can conceive, It can achieve.
This is not about writing resolutions, It's about having the willpower to abide by them.

This is not about the 'New year, New me charter'; It's about wanting to change old methods of thinking.
This is not about wishing the road had been smooth, It's about developing the dexterity, the efficacy to maneuver easily.

This is not about the wounds that come with having a past; It's about loosening up, allowing them heal.
This is not about the reasons why somethings will never work; It's about knowing to quit making excuses a form of escape from doing what should be done.

This is not about making mistakes, It's about learning the lessons, and not repeating them.
This is not about trying not to fail at all, it's about knowing how to succeed, it's about persistence.

This is not about things not working, it's about learning to work out things, checking commitment levels.
This is not about asking for a clear path devoid of obstacles, it is about grit.

This is not about the storm, it's about being rooted.
This is not about the darkness around, it is about the light within, it's about the willingness to Let it shine.

This is about enjoying the ride, celebrating each success.
This is about dreaming big, and taking big steps.
This is about growth, positivity, confidence.

This is about Me, it begins and ends with Me.

©2018 ERUEDOJA V. MICHAEL

(1) (Reply)

The Mistress / Alone In My World!!! / I Take Heart

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 9
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.