Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,149,958 members, 7,806,772 topics. Date: Tuesday, 23 April 2024 at 11:21 PM

Breaking!! Darkness Engulf Some Parts Of Nigeria - Politics (9) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Breaking!! Darkness Engulf Some Parts Of Nigeria (42806 Views)

Coronavirus: Wike Announces Total Lockdown In Parts Of Port Harcourt / Intense Lobby, Intrigue Engulf EFCC Over Chairmanship / Nnamdi Kanu To Address Biafrans As Another Fire Engulf Igbo Businesses In Spain (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Breaking!! Darkness Engulf Some Parts Of Nigeria by Ridwan1821: 3:26am On Jan 03, 2018
They've restored the power here. Tanke, Ilorin.
Re: Breaking!! Darkness Engulf Some Parts Of Nigeria by timidapsin(m): 3:27am On Jan 03, 2018
Osgilliat:

Still waiting for light here at alagbole.
restored here in Akute Bros.. I hope say your transformer dey alright?
Re: Breaking!! Darkness Engulf Some Parts Of Nigeria by Vince77(m): 3:42am On Jan 03, 2018
Happened here in Awka but has been restored
Re: Breaking!! Darkness Engulf Some Parts Of Nigeria by miraclea: 3:42am On Jan 03, 2018
But power restored in ajah right now for over an hour now that information may not be true oga
Re: Breaking!! Darkness Engulf Some Parts Of Nigeria by coputa(m): 3:48am On Jan 03, 2018
asuustrike2009:

Where in Warri?
Refinery road
Re: Breaking!! Darkness Engulf Some Parts Of Nigeria by BruncleZuma: 3:49am On Jan 03, 2018
cashmoney2580:
we have here in Portharcourt, in fact I am slepepin with light now
Bros which kind phone you dey use nah...so you are typing this from your dream?
Re: Breaking!! Darkness Engulf Some Parts Of Nigeria by Nobody: 3:50am On Jan 03, 2018
Same her in Sambisa forest..darkness everywhere grin on a serious note, I'm in Yaba, Lagos, no light here..and we usually have around this time.
Re: Breaking!! Darkness Engulf Some Parts Of Nigeria by ifex370(m): 3:53am On Jan 03, 2018
ozo13:
same here in Ilorin, kwara state.though power has bn restored bk

Yeah.. Its back here too

1 Like

Re: Breaking!! Darkness Engulf Some Parts Of Nigeria by madjune(m): 3:59am On Jan 03, 2018
Same old story.
Nothing changes in Nigeria.

Looks like a news from 2012.
Re: Breaking!! Darkness Engulf Some Parts Of Nigeria by Nobody: 4:05am On Jan 03, 2018
Hasn't darkness always engulfed Nigeria...undecided

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Breaking!! Darkness Engulf Some Parts Of Nigeria by winnerz: 4:32am On Jan 03, 2018
See reports;

Yes I noticed it too. Thank God I have my touch handy. Initially thou-rt it was transformer issue. But power was restored back around 11 PM sha. I believe the line went off due to over heating. Power has been good these days o... grin

1 Like

Re: Breaking!! Darkness Engulf Some Parts Of Nigeria by Dclique(m): 4:45am On Jan 03, 2018
Dclique:
Ikeja, Lagos is still dark

Up Nepa !! cheesy
Re: Breaking!! Darkness Engulf Some Parts Of Nigeria by DavidJohnDavid(f): 4:48am On Jan 03, 2018
wow...
Re: Breaking!! Darkness Engulf Some Parts Of Nigeria by anonimi: 4:53am On Jan 03, 2018
Thanks to barawo bubu and his 40 thieves cabal.
Thanks to the All Poverty Congress, APC
Thanks to the zombies who chanted sai chain-ge, chain-ge.
Una don see the curse wey una bring unto our land

www.nairaland.com/attachments/2236329_fbimg1426964019374_jpegf0426a8233bbbeb8b2d08838e693f36e

www.nairaland.com/attachments/3761757_img20160526095323_jpegc5e08122716ddc4040d133cb2b39cca6

Lagos State Governor, Mr. Babatunde Fashola, on Sunday evening boasted that he could provide uninterrupted power supply to Lagos residents between six and eight months.

Fashola spoke at the commissioning of 8.5 megawatts Lekki Independent Power Project (IPP), the fifth of such power projects in the last five years in the state.

The governor said the addition of the Lekki IPP was a testament to the fact that stable power does not require rocket science to achieve in the country.

While challenging power distribution companies in the state, Fashola said, “Let the Eko DISCOs sign a contract with me, giving part of their concessioning to the state government, in about six to eight months, there will be power in all homes in Lagos State,” Fashola said.

He added, “So, let no one say that he has no money to deliver power for the entire country. This is the limit to which the law allows us to do, but we have done this to make a statement that power can be generated. So, when they come with lies that power is impossible, you can tell them that we have power here; we make it possible”.

The project, courtesy of the state government, in partnership with Heritage Bank, is to serve Lagos State Water Corporations in Lekki Phase 1, Oniru, Victoria Island and Ikoyi, as well as over 25km of public lightening in the Lekki axis.

Commissioning the project, Fashola said he felt fulfilled with the conduct of youths that delivered the project, despite the difficulties in getting to the finishing point.

He said it also showed that the money to improve the Nigerian economy is here, “since we don’t need the World Bank to come and do this for us.”

Also, General Manager, Lagos State Electricity Board, Damilola Ogunbiyi, said the state had shown that reliable and sustainable power projects are possible through the youths.

Ogunbiyi said though it had been a successful story, the state was just scratching the surface in its “aggressive development plan” in the area of power.

Promoter of the project, Faruk Agoro noted that the new IPP was an innovative idea of world-class natural gas-fired power generating facility, sold to the government by youths and it was bought into, to support government institutions, especially in the area of water supply and security.

The Lekki IPP is 8.5 megawatts, with the capacity for 30 megawatts.

This brings the Lagos IPPS to a total of 47 megawatts of electricity in total, powering several public institutions around the state.

The generated megawatts is however still a far cry from the over 10, 000 megawatts power deficit in the state.

On his part, the State Commissioner in the Ministry of Energy and Mineral Resources, Taofeek Tijani, said the new addition was about continuity in public infrastructure programme of the state government

http://dailyindependentnig.com/2015/03/can-provide-stable-power-eight-months-fashola-boasts/

www.nairaland.com/attachments/3492308_buhari20000mwelectricitypromise_jpegb3d308b82b0aaf0f68a6c50acecfbb5c

1 Like

Re: Breaking!! Darkness Engulf Some Parts Of Nigeria by anonimi: 4:56am On Jan 03, 2018

1 Like

Re: Breaking!! Darkness Engulf Some Parts Of Nigeria by Nobody: 4:58am On Jan 03, 2018
Barney11:
Very happy at least make every body feel wetin we dey suffer for isolo side.
grin [bad
Re: Breaking!! Darkness Engulf Some Parts Of Nigeria by BetaThings: 5:10am On Jan 03, 2018
Lomprico2:
Hehehe, shey una with that hopeless woman oby dey praise buhari for steady light not knowing dem the over run d power station just to score cheap political points, now yawa don gas. grin

What did you say when Jonathan was alleged to have solved the problem in 2010

https://www.nairaland.com/433272/jonathan-goodluck-miracle-man

1 Like

Re: Breaking!! Darkness Engulf Some Parts Of Nigeria by bot101(m): 5:31am On Jan 03, 2018
It seems like it is a tradition for Nigeria's power grid to collapse in the month of January.

1 Like

Re: Breaking!! Darkness Engulf Some Parts Of Nigeria by ArikeBooks: 5:32am On Jan 03, 2018
#NAIJAWhichWay?

1 Like

Re: Breaking!! Darkness Engulf Some Parts Of Nigeria by anonimi: 5:32am On Jan 03, 2018
cooltola:
Restructuring is the answer o, Many Northerners are very comfortable without electricity by default, In fact most Hausa I know rarely watch TV , use battery powered radio and old nokia phone . Electricity is not priority to Nigeria Government, they see it as a luxury

All the northern leaders want restructuring.............when they need to offer the carrot to senseless, divided southerners for their votes.

www.nairaland.com/attachments/2343594_buharitruefederalismpromise_jpegc85970dabfc1bf2df5d730398a429913

www.nairaland.com/attachments/6319157_atikufederalism_jpegef6762deec1adad54c2cc3091f54b391

www.nairaland.com/attachments/6391698_tambuwalrestructuring_jpegc6af4e2125473f59f0ecf507831b34f8

www.nairaland.com/attachments/2593131_capture20150516070937_jpeg0e2b405458ec0cf013c5152373f19a5e

2 Likes

Re: Breaking!! Darkness Engulf Some Parts Of Nigeria by anonimi: 5:37am On Jan 03, 2018

2 Likes

Re: Breaking!! Darkness Engulf Some Parts Of Nigeria by ArikeBooks: 5:37am On Jan 03, 2018
#NAIJAWhichWay? #AskQuestions #StartaDialogue #Change #Hope #Progress

1 Like

Re: Breaking!! Darkness Engulf Some Parts Of Nigeria by NoToPile: 5:37am On Jan 03, 2018
And I was thinking our transformer has started its epilepsy again yesternight.

Still waiting for them to restore it oo, now that light has been stable for sometime which kain wahala is this one now angry

Modified: they just restored the light just a minute or 2minutes past 6am. grin

1 Like

Re: Breaking!! Darkness Engulf Some Parts Of Nigeria by anonimi: 5:38am On Jan 03, 2018
ArikeBooks:
#NAIJAWhichWay? #AskQuestions #StartaDialogue #Change #Hope #Progress

Great meme.
Can you post a smaller size so I can reference it from time to time?
Thanks.

1 Like

Re: Breaking!! Darkness Engulf Some Parts Of Nigeria by Doyin2(m): 6:02am On Jan 03, 2018
Light is back here!

Wow!

So Blackout is now news in Nigeria

We are getting there gradually.

1 Like

Re: Breaking!! Darkness Engulf Some Parts Of Nigeria by Ate247(m): 6:18am On Jan 03, 2018
I experienced same. Went low before going off.
Re: Breaking!! Darkness Engulf Some Parts Of Nigeria by ArikeBooks: 6:26am On Jan 03, 2018
#NaijaWhichWay? #AskQuestions #StartaDialogue #Change #Hope #Progress

Re: Breaking!! Darkness Engulf Some Parts Of Nigeria by motay: 6:37am On Jan 03, 2018
Power has been restored here at egbeda lagos
Re: Breaking!! Darkness Engulf Some Parts Of Nigeria by Judek2(m): 6:37am On Jan 03, 2018
I Woke Up Thir Morning Complaining That They No Give Us Light In The Night, Cos They Always Did. Now I Kmw, And Happy Its Everyphere.
Now, I Wonder How Many Months It Will Take To Repair The Thing.
Re: Breaking!! Darkness Engulf Some Parts Of Nigeria by okeynelson: 6:41am On Jan 03, 2018
afbstrategies:
Contacting my cousin in Onitsha right now
. same here in onitsha ...d light off light like generator wen no get fuel last night
Re: Breaking!! Darkness Engulf Some Parts Of Nigeria by Myde4naija(m): 6:50am On Jan 03, 2018
bedspread:
NA WA OOOOOOO.......
ANYWAY NOT A NEW THING....UNLESS U WANT TO DECIEVE YOURSELF....

STAY TUNED FOR LAI MOHAMMED TO COME DISH OUT LIES ON THE REASON.....

IT IS WELL
if lie Mohammed fail to talk and give reasons for certain event you people will complain bitterly, if he make a statement on such event you will still tag it a lies and propaganda.

What do you really want from this man?
Re: Breaking!! Darkness Engulf Some Parts Of Nigeria by akwaibomite: 7:05am On Jan 03, 2018
I had light all through yesterday.
I stay in Port Harcourt City

1 Like

(1) (2) (3) ... (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) (Reply)

Ondo Election: Akeredolu Defeats Jegede With Over 99k Votes / Governor Akeredolu Tests Positive For COVID-19 / Abba Kyari Dancing In A Nightclub (Throwback Video)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 28
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.