Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,149,701 members, 7,805,888 topics. Date: Tuesday, 23 April 2024 at 07:58 AM

BROKEN HEDGE By Toyin Taiwo - Literature (12) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Entertainment / Literature / BROKEN HEDGE By Toyin Taiwo (570462 Views)

UNDERRATED: A Story By Toyin Taiwo / TOLERATED By Toyin Taiwo / PASTORZONED: A Story By Toyin Taiwo (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (9) (10) (11) (12) (13) (14) (15) ... (67) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: BROKEN HEDGE By Toyin Taiwo by rachealfst(f): 7:26pm On Jan 15, 2018
Re: BROKEN HEDGE By Toyin Taiwo by rachealfst(f): 7:26pm On Jan 15, 2018
Pricelessangel0:
Wao!!! thanks ma for the update.
"sleeping with someone to help ease pain away" the dumbest thing that some people engage in which I can never do. tnz for sharing this wonderful story full with our everyday lesson. God bless. #ghost mode deactivated #
Lol. Let me now welcome you officially. Welcome on board.
Re: BROKEN HEDGE By Toyin Taiwo by olaolutreasure(m): 8:33pm On Jan 15, 2018
rachealfst:
Dedication:
Xteljay, cathyperry45, olaolutreasure, dupsai, prestigiouslady, kingphilip, teel123, wizsolzy, Ayoomolabake, Chigold121, cyndy1000, kayceerilyn, Omaa01
Thanks for the dedication ma, I'm very grateful

1 Like

Re: BROKEN HEDGE By Toyin Taiwo by Pearl05(f): 10:06pm On Jan 15, 2018
rachealfst:

Abeg what happened here ? I wish they heal quick and move on.

1 Like

Re: BROKEN HEDGE By Toyin Taiwo by Chigold121(f): 10:07pm On Jan 15, 2018
Eyaa!!! Thanks for d dedication.

1 Like

Re: BROKEN HEDGE By Toyin Taiwo by Plolly(f): 10:17pm On Jan 15, 2018
rachealfst:
please ma did u remove any update here
Re: BROKEN HEDGE By Toyin Taiwo by Pinkfeet: 11:16pm On Jan 15, 2018
thanks for the update

1 Like

Re: BROKEN HEDGE By Toyin Taiwo by olaolutreasure(m): 12:07am On Jan 16, 2018
Jdluv, preca, watchwoman, dominique, KingEbukasBlog do u like literature? Oh this can be a gud start, pls try nd read dis
Re: BROKEN HEDGE By Toyin Taiwo by rachealfst(f): 1:29am On Jan 16, 2018
Plolly:
please ma did u remove any update here
No
Re: BROKEN HEDGE By Toyin Taiwo by rachealfst(f): 1:39am On Jan 16, 2018
Dedication:.
Nickibeauty, Gloryejims, Khemz21, prettieO, sparklebabe, horlarjumoke, unpredictedone, wonderfulchild, Eddyella, Pinkfeet, Sexyolori, ayotomiwa, lovefunke.

BEATRICE

I got back from my store and met my three sons wasted. They have become a liability, the three of them are all drop out. The eldest did not even finish secondary School. I just shaked my head, people say I was the one who spoiled them. Is there anything wrong in pampering your children. I know it’s my enemies that is using them against me. I went into the bedroom but my husband was not back which is unusual, it was past nine already.

I changed my clothes and noticed his wardrobe was slightly opened. I moved closer to close it but I met the wardrobe empty. I opened the second one too, it was empty. I couldn't believe my eyes.

I went back to the sitting room to wake my sons.
"Where is your father?"
"Father, is not back, let me sleep this woman" one of them answered me.

I called his number and it was switched off. I ran to the toilet to urinate, all system had turned upside down.

I have held him down for years, who loosed him, I should have done something this morning when he challenged me. I thought he would come back to his senses but it's clear now that he has regained is memory.

I called the company line. One of the employees picked the call and said he left in the morning and didn't come back. I called his friends, they said they don't know he's whereabouts.

I don't know where to run too, my mother who helped me to cast the spell on him is already late.

There must be another solution to all this, it' not to late for him to slip out of my hands. I must get him back.

SILVER
Soma kept on posting me since Saturday night. He refused to tell me what my boss is doing amidst his friends. Also ever since Saturday night, he hardly eat and he locked himself up in his room throughout.

I went to his room to tell him I was going to work but he was still in that foul mood. His eyes was swollen which meant only one thing that he didn't sleep well.
"What is it that's bothering you this much? You can talk to me"
"Silver, are you not running late for work already? I'm fine, I just have some things on my mind" he said.
"This state of yours, does it has anything to do with Miss Crystal?"
"I have a company to run, Silver. Do have a good day" he said and walked into his bathroom.
I left the house, thinking if I could ask my boss or not.

I got to work same time with my boss, I helped her with her things as we both stepped into the elevator.
She was looking as beautiful as always the only thing is that I didn't get to see that bright face of hers. I wondered what was going on.

Later that day, I went to her office to handover some documents that needed to be signed.
I wasn't looking happy myself because the two closest people to me are both having a bad time.
"Are you okay, you look moody!" My boss asked.
"You look moody too ma. I was about to ask you the same thing"
"Don't worry, about me. I'm be fine"
She gave me the answer I expected. Hmmm...same thing Soma said. I decided to play along.
"You've not answered my question" She said.
"About that it's about my cousin, ever since Saturday night that he came back from one Picnic like that, he had been acting strange. He locked himself up and barely eat. This really got me worried. He doesn't deserve to be sad, he's a sweet person but he refused to share his problem with me"

"He'll be fine" she said calmly.
"What! Sorry I mean, you sounded so sure ma"
"Yes, I mean we all have rough days, so he'll get out of it"
"I never thought you could say that of him, since things were not too good between you the last time he came here"
"Hmmm"
"Or do you two actually knew each other?" I asked with the aim of putting her to the test. I want to know if she will still deny or not.
"I don't know Somadina!"
"Soma....Dina?"
"What! I just said the name in full" She said trying to defend herself.
Pkpa......pkpa.... pkpa(clap)
"Why are you clapping?" She asked me with a frown.
I took a sit before her and sat comfortably in front of her.
"This is getting more interesting" I said smiling sheepishly.
"How?”
"First, you don't know my cousin. Then the only time I'll hear you call his name, you called it in full Soma....Dina"
"Silver, what exactly are you implying"
"Let me quickly say this, you two know each other so quit the pretense....ma. I already so the group picture you took on Saturday on his phone" I winked at my boss, of course with a cunning smile.
"Silver, go back to your desk, I have work to do" She commanded.
"I will ma, so now that you’ve been bursted, will you tell me the reason why you denied knowing him at first"
"Maybe you should ask So....I mean ask him yourself"

_____________Toyin Taiwo
"That's the problem he refused to talk to me"
"Silver, do you still remember I'm your boss, I just gave you an order, get back to work!" She said showing me the way out of her office.
"I will ma, but....
"Get out this minute or I'll fire you"
"I know you can't ma"
"Huh!" She was shocked at my response. I never talked back to her before. Her eyes almost popped out from it’s socket
"Fine! I'm your cousin’s ex-lover” She bloated out.
“And from all indications you are still in love with him a d resent him at the same time.
She stood up still shocked at my words. She wanted to talk but no word came out.
“Don’t think of sacking, I might end up being your sister in-law law a d you wouldn’t want to have a sister in-law to be as your enemy”
I turned to leave and on my way out I dropped my last word.
"Call me when you need anything ma" I said and shut the door.

CRYSTAL
Now my secretary is officially sick. What an effrontery. I thought of sacking her, but I couldn't do it. Sacking her can't be a problem for her, cos I'm sure Soma will get her another job. But I don't want to do that. Then I remember the statement she made. "You don't want to have a sister in-law to be as your enemy" I asked myself if that's the reason for me restraining myself from sacking her. Hell no! Sister in-law my foot.

That statement now got me laughing. Soma is my past and past he'll be.
I was about to close for the day when my phone rang. It was an unknown number.
"Hello" I said when I picked up the call.
"Crystal!" I heard his voice. I can't believe he's calling, I thought I made myself clear.

10 Likes

Re: BROKEN HEDGE By Toyin Taiwo by Khemz21(f): 3:31am On Jan 16, 2018
rachealfst:
Nickibeauty, Gloryejims, Khemz21, prettieO, sparklebabe, horlarjumoke, unpredictedone, wonderfulchild, Eddyella, Pinkfeet, Sexyolori, ayotomiwa, lovefunke.

Thanks for the dedication sis. More ink to your pen grin

1 Like

Re: BROKEN HEDGE By Toyin Taiwo by Pearl05(f): 4:16am On Jan 16, 2018
It's official! I'm addicted to your story. Thanks for the update.

1 Like 1 Share

Re: BROKEN HEDGE By Toyin Taiwo by ewawumi(f): 6:35am On Jan 16, 2018
Okay, this was enuf to bring me out of the self-imposed ghost mode exile I've been in for a long while. Hope it keeps me out of it totally. Kudos @OP

1 Like

Re: BROKEN HEDGE By Toyin Taiwo by Nickibeauty(f): 7:37am On Jan 16, 2018
thanks for this wonderful update loving it more.
Re: BROKEN HEDGE By Toyin Taiwo by temig(f): 8:14am On Jan 16, 2018
thanks for the update God bless u
Re: BROKEN HEDGE By Toyin Taiwo by Nobody: 8:28am On Jan 16, 2018
Crystal is still in love cheesy
Thanks for the update
Re: BROKEN HEDGE By Toyin Taiwo by DemiKOL(f): 8:52am On Jan 16, 2018
Still following.......
Thanks for the update!
Re: BROKEN HEDGE By Toyin Taiwo by mrsPT: 9:11am On Jan 16, 2018
rachealfst:
Yes I did. Amen to your prayers.

wow! I thought as much. that's good to know, i went to the same school and your face hasn't changed a bit. Very nice stories you've got here; more inspiration and grace.

1 Like

Re: BROKEN HEDGE By Toyin Taiwo by toyhin123(f): 9:36am On Jan 16, 2018
Thanks for the wonderful update ma

1 Like

Re: BROKEN HEDGE By Toyin Taiwo by watchwoman(f): 9:48am On Jan 16, 2018
olaolutreasure:
Jdluv, preca, watchwoman, dominique, KingEbukasBlog do u like literature? Oh this can be a gud start, pls try nd read dis
yes I do. I will read it. thanks

1 Like

Re: BROKEN HEDGE By Toyin Taiwo by cyndy1000(f): 10:24am On Jan 16, 2018
Wao thanks Auntie Rachelfst for the mention I really appreciate. God bless you more grace n data to your phone..

1 Like

Re: BROKEN HEDGE By Toyin Taiwo by olaolutreasure(m): 11:01am On Jan 16, 2018
watchwoman:
yes I do. I will read it. thanks
Welcome ma

1 Like

Re: BROKEN HEDGE By Toyin Taiwo by emmytemmy: 11:14am On Jan 16, 2018
@racheal,thank God for ur life,many pple don't av d priviledge u have nw @ least God use ur trial period to make u realise ur talent cuz ur stories has been a blessing to me.tnx for d regular upadate.more ink to ur pen.it shall be well wit u and dis is ur new dawn year,in Jesus name,amen.

1 Like

Re: BROKEN HEDGE By Toyin Taiwo by mercyymai(f): 12:20pm On Jan 16, 2018
I don't know when I become Oliver Twist.

Wen shu we expect another updates?

Less I forget, thanks for the update

1 Like

Re: BROKEN HEDGE By Toyin Taiwo by elvi02: 1:24pm On Jan 16, 2018
i am so loving this story

1 Like

Re: BROKEN HEDGE By Toyin Taiwo by Gloryejims(f): 1:43pm On Jan 16, 2018
rachealfst:
Thanks for the mention... I'm following bumper to bumper

1 Like

Re: BROKEN HEDGE By Toyin Taiwo by toyine1: 5:06pm On Jan 16, 2018
Wow! I am really enjoying this story. Please ma more update
Re: BROKEN HEDGE By Toyin Taiwo by cathyperry45(f): 6:09pm On Jan 16, 2018
Thanks for the update and the dedication ma'am The Lord is ur strength and muscle nice work

1 Like 1 Share

Re: BROKEN HEDGE By Toyin Taiwo by Melancholy(m): 6:24pm On Jan 16, 2018
I've missed this epic story alot due to busy schedule.

Rachealfst, I pray that what the lord is doing in ur life shall be perfected!

As a saying goes: hard times does not change u, but reveal the real you. What a strong woman u are!

Trust God, what next is happiness and success

1 Like

Re: BROKEN HEDGE By Toyin Taiwo by rachealfst(f): 6:36pm On Jan 16, 2018
Melancholy:
I've missed this epic story alot due to busy schedule.

Rachealfst, I pray that what the lord is doing in ur life shall be perfected!

As a saying goes: hard times does not change u, but reveal the real you. What a strong woman u are!

Trust God, what next is happiness and success

Amen, thanks so much.
Re: BROKEN HEDGE By Toyin Taiwo by rachealfst(f): 6:38pm On Jan 16, 2018
mrsPT:

wow! I thought as much. that's good to know, i went to the same school and your face hasn't changed a bit. Very nice stories you've got here; more inspiration and grace.
Thanks so much.... co GCA alumni.
Re: BROKEN HEDGE By Toyin Taiwo by rachealfst(f): 6:49pm On Jan 16, 2018
Dedication:
pweetymhi, Pricelessangel0, divatolaz, obepeace, favch, Ebigbola, kikiwendy, afolabiwunmi, XCELsis, bigbauer, mrsPT, hypmoment, chiexcel

AFAM
I got to Lagos airport, I told the cab driver to take me to a good hotel. I told him to wait for me to check-in since I still have a place to go. He waited outside while I checked into the hotel. I paid for a week and my things was moved into my room.

I just kept my things in the wardrobe and left the room. I gave the receptionist the key and headed out. I told the cab driver to take me to Government college Agege. We got there parked in the school compound. He waited in the car. It was already 2pm. The gateman gave me directions to the admin block. I was led to one of the office where I explained my plight. I was directed to records. They asked for the year when she was transferred and I gave them the details. 20minutes later, her record was found.

"Sir, she was transferred to Model College, Meiran. That was 20 years ago, she spent six years here before she was transferred.
"Thank you very much sir, I'll take it from there" I opened my wallet and shoved #2000 into the guys hands.
"Please just use it for recharge card"
"Thank you sir, I pray you find her sir. I'm very sure you'll find her even if she had retired, just follow the directions, you get from each school.
"Thanks, goodbye"
I left the admin block and told the driver to take me to Lagos State Model College Meiran. I asked if he knew the school and he knew the place.
"Don't worry about money, just tell me how much you charge for a day"
He smiled." Ok sir"
"Good let's go" I said and we left the school compound.
On our way to the school. Oba started a little conversation with me.
" Sir it's like you are searching for someone" he said more of a statement than a question.
"Yes, I came searching for someone. I came all the way from Enugu"
"Eyah. From the look of things you don’t have the person’s phone number?"

___________Toyin Taiwo
"If I have her contact, I won't be hopping from school to school" I replied.
"Don't worry you will find, the person. In Lagos, once you can ask for directives, then you will definitely find your way" He said and that gave me hope.

We spent close to 45mins before we get there, thankfully the road was free but the driver said once it's 4pm the road will no longer be free. We drove into. School compound around quarter past 3pm. The students were already going home.
I asked one of the students for the admin block and he directed me.
I entered one of the office and the woman I met said they've closed for the day, that I should come back the next day. I pleaded with her, she said she's willing to help but the records office had been locked.

I sat down disappointed. He asked me to come back the next day, that she'll help me with anything I need. I thanked her and left.
"Welcome Sir, how far?"
"The school has closed, they asked me to come tomorrow”
"Aww…don't loose up sir, tomorrow is another day"
"Please take me back to the hotel" He drove out of the school premises and took me back to the hotel. On our way to the hotel, we exchanged phone numbers.
We got to the hotel. I payed the driver, I added extra #2,000 to the amount he billed me, he was so happy. I told him to come pick me up by 8am the next day.
I got to my hotel room, showered and called room service to order for food.
I called the pastor afterwards and told me the situation of things. He told me to relax that I’ll surely find her. He prayed with me before I ended the call. I wanted to call my friend but I decided not to because my cunny wife can lure him into giving her information about me. Just the Pastor alone will do for now.

I put on the TV and relax, that night I prayed before I slept committing my journey into his hands and also pray that no evil hands will be able to touch me. I don't know my daughter but I prayed for her and her mother as well. I pray she find joy, so she would stop crying in my dreams.

____________________Toyin Taiwo
The next day, I woke up early, order for breakfast Because I know it's going to be a long day. Some minutes to 8am the driver called. He told me he's at the front of the hotel waiting. I was impressed, I thought they say Lagos people don't keep to time, anyway money is involved, Lagos people I heard they don't joke with money too.
I dropped the key card and joined the driver in the car. We exchanged greetings, he thanked me for the previous day, I thanked him too.
There was traffic every where we all spent two hours before we got to the school.
I went straight and met the same woman I spoke with the previous day. I explained myself and he took me to records after getting permission form her Superior.

I told her the year when she was transferred to the school and we began the search. Some minutes later, we found her file. She went through the file and told me she was transferred to State high school, Ipaja and that was 13years ago. I thanked her and drop some tips for her. I left the admin block in a rush. I told the driver the next location and he said it's not too far from there. True to his words, 30minutes later we were already inside the school premises. I asked for directions on how to locate the admin block.

I met with the vice principal academics she was already on her way out when I got there.
"Good afternoon madam"
"Good afternoon. How may I help you?" She asked and I told her I needed the contact of one of the staff.
"What's her name?" I told her.
"She no longer works here"
"I thought as much but I want to know where she was transferred to"
"Mr, as you can see I'm on my way out. There's a meeting at the LED and I'm running late already. The VP admin is on leave, I would have directed to you to him. So I suggest you come back tomorrow. Thank you” She said and left. I can't stop her from attending the meeting, so I accepted my fate.

The next day as early as 7:30am I was already in the school compound with my cab man. I waited till they finish the assembly before going to the same office I went to the previous day.
The VP really gave me a tough time. She said I can't just come from nowhere and asking about their staff. She said, I should go and get a police report first. She said the police should give me a letter if I want the school to divulge any information about their staff.
"Madam please, I don't have such time and more so you know our police, they will complicate things at the end of the day" I pleaded.
"I don't know if you are an assassin or something and I use to know this person you are talking about. I didn't meet her in this school though, but I served with her in Government college Agege"
"Good, thank God you know her. I don't owe you an explanation but as it is I have to explain myself. She was my fiance many years ago and something happened and I lost contact with her. I need to find her to make amends"
"Really, I think I heard that story then that she dated a man who already had a wife and a child. Are you the man that abandoned her?"
I was embarrassed. “Yes" I replied her.
"More reason why I can't help you, I'm sure you are the last person she'll want to see"
"More reason why you need to help me madam, please I need to find her"
She sat on her swivel chair and took a long look at me. She stood up and walked towards the door of her office.
" Follow me" She said and I did.
She took me to the record officer and told her to help me look for the file.
From her file, it was gathered that she was transferred 5 years ago to Command secondary school, Ikeja.
"Thank you very much” I thanked the VP Academics who was standing there all along.
"You are welcome" She said. I also thanked the record office. I left and joined the driver in the car.
"We are going to Command Secondary School, Ikeja" I informed.
"That school is inside the military cantonment, I have friends that finished from that school" he said.
And we continued with the journey. There was traffic every where but I know I'll see her today, that I'm sure of.

9 Likes 2 Shares

(1) (2) (3) ... (9) (10) (11) (12) (13) (14) (15) ... (67) (Reply)

My Life On Campus (A True Life Story). / Red Ashes / Beauty And The Mechanic

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 59
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.