Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,149,972 members, 7,806,825 topics. Date: Wednesday, 24 April 2024 at 02:37 AM

What If We Switched Roles For A While? - Family - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Family / What If We Switched Roles For A While? (1075 Views)

Bibilical Gender Roles / Int’l Day Of Families: Obaseki Seeks Increased Roles For Family To Sustain Devt. / Babies Switched At Birth (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

What If We Switched Roles For A While? by cupidora(f): 3:36pm On Jan 03, 2018
This is a simple social experiment that can help us all to assess our attitude and choices in relating with the opposite sex. It is not just a glimpse into the way the other feels or the things they experience but also a perspective into how we can shake off gender bias complex. I hope we take it serious and reconsider many things afterwards.
So here's how it works; the men answer the questions that are supposed to the aswered by the ladies(For the Men) and the women answer those supposed to be for the men(For the Ladies). Try as much as possible not to analyze or justify the questions, answer them as they are or else it loses the essence of the exercise.

For the Men
1. How do you feel about being associated with the kitchen and Domestic chores?
2. How do you feel about being sexualized just because you look beautiful even when your intention is not to draw attention and you are being as modest as you can be?
3. How do you feel when men think they own the sole right of choice of whom to marry and also the right to dump you if they think you're not good enough and you don't have a say?
5. How do you feel about liking someone but being silent because the society frowns at women being the ones to make the first move?
6. How do you feel about being 'the kangaroo' for the babies and getting no applause but the man changing one diaper gets a standing ovation and an uproar?
7. How do you feel about not being consulted about what should be exchanged for your hand in marriage?
8. How do you feel about being called a 'slut' in an argument by a social media user who knows next to nothing about you?
9. How would it feel to switch roles for a while?

For the Ladies
1. How do you feel about being considered to be the same as the average guy or worse?
2. How do you feel when a girl calls you a player because you are handsome?(of course you 're handsome,so answer the question)
3. How do you feel when a girl thinks she owns the sole right to blow the friend zone whistle because she thinks she has control over her libido but you can't control yours?
4. How do you feel about waking up in the morning with/having an erection and not being able to do anything about it because you want to be chaste?
5. How do you feel about giving your sister out in marriage to another man(yes,its a thing of pride but how do you really feel)?
6. How do you feel about asking a girl out and she turns you down and laughs with her friends about it(you're someone's cherished son too right? not a nobody, but how do you reassure yourself when you're so crushed?)
8. How do you feel about 'men' being associated with 'ego' when you're just a soft guy who may as well be a girl?
Re: What If We Switched Roles For A While? by TheUbermensch: 3:42pm On Jan 03, 2018
Indeed both genders have their flaws.
So I don't always understand why one always claim to be victimised every time.

1 Like

Re: What If We Switched Roles For A While? by Nobody: 5:22pm On Jan 03, 2018
I won't b happy being called a player because i'm cute, i prefer u judge me by my character.

a girl cannot own d sole right to friend zone me. I don't even like that stuff else we both wanted it that way. if I were a guy, I would prefer to walk out of such relationship.

asking a girl out will b a privilege to that girl. when I love, I give my all, so if she does that, it's her loss. I will move on

I won't want to switch roles if I were a guy. as a girl, I like a guy being in control(not authoritative), doing those gentlemanly stuffs. y would I want to switch roles?

1 Like

Re: What If We Switched Roles For A While? by Jman06(m): 3:25am On Jan 04, 2018
gloria34:
I won't b happy being called a player because i'm cute, i prefer u judge me by my character.

a girl cannot own d sole right to friend zone me. I don't even like that stuff else we both wanted it that way. if I were a guy, I would prefer to walk out of such relationship.

asking a girl out will b a privilege to that girl. when I love, I give my all, so if she does that, it's her loss. I will move on

I won't want to switch roles if I were a guy. as a girl, I like a guy being in control(not authoritative), doing those gentlemanly stuffs. y would I want to switch roles?
How can someone be in control without being authoritative?
I feel that if he is doing those gentlemanly things you enjoy so much, then he is not in control, instead you are!
Re: What If We Switched Roles For A While? by Nobody: 6:00am On Jan 04, 2018
Jman06:
I feel that if he is doing those gentlemanly things you enjoy so much, then he is not in control, instead you are!

being a gentleman doesn't make a guy a weakling. u don't have to be authoritative to show u are d head, its a complete turn off. I detest guys who pass commands as if I was born to do his biddings.

1 Like

Re: What If We Switched Roles For A While? by Jman06(m): 7:55am On Jan 04, 2018
gloria34:
being a gentleman doesn't make a guy a weakling. u don't have to be authoritative to show u are d head, its a complete turn off. I detest guys who pass commands as if I was born to do his biddings.
Then he is not "in control" if he has to look at your face first before giving you order on what to do, if he does things because he doesn't want you to feel bad, then you are indirectly "in control", not him.
Re: What If We Switched Roles For A While? by cupidora(f): 11:40am On Jan 04, 2018
I think she means being in control(which is same as being authoritative) just not in a domineering way that has an air of arrogance to it. Authoritative in itself is not a negative term but we sometimes tend to associate it only with violence and menace so much that it has become that for us.
Re: What If We Switched Roles For A While? by Nobody: 4:32pm On Jan 04, 2018
Jman06:
Then he is not "in control" if he has to look at your face first before giving you order on what to do, if he does things because he doesn't want you to feel bad, then you are indirectly "in control", not him.
hmmm, to each man his belief.
Re: What If We Switched Roles For A While? by Day169: 8:31am On Jan 05, 2018
..it's just the way of the world. undecided
Can't change it.
Re: What If We Switched Roles For A While? by Donald3d(m): 7:34am On Jan 06, 2018
For the Men
1. How do you feel about being associated with the kitchen and Domestic chores?
Totally fine by me , I love cooking before na , and I can cook for Africa

2. How do you feel about being sexualized just because you look beautiful even when your intention is not to draw attention and you are being as modest as you can be?
I definitely would not feel good about it

3. How do you feel when men think they own the sole right of choice of whom to marry and also the right to dump you if they think you're not good enough and you don't have a say?
I would not be with such man in the first place, I would be with a PARTNER , someone who complements me,and someone I complement .With the prescence of love,understanding and a CLEAR goal and vision of what we want individually and for our future

5. How do you feel about liking someone but being silent because the society frowns at women being the ones to make the first move?
I wouldn't keep silent because , I dont allow "the society" determine how things go for me .Once what I do is fine by me ,and I dont hurt man or God in the process,I am ok.

6. How do you feel about being 'the kangaroo' for the babies and getting no applause but the man changing one diaper gets a standing ovation and an uproar?
I would marry a man who sees me as a partner and definitely assist around the house , especially when I have a lot of work load , so we both get the credit and ovation, remember- PARTNERSHIP , I would also assist him with his own "manly" things ,so we share each others burdens .P.S. I love babies kiss

7. How do you feel about not being consulted about what should be exchanged for your hand in marriage?
I definitely would not like that , I should be told everything ,since I am being given out , I should be involved in the whole process

8. How do you feel about being called a 'slut' in an argument by a social media user who knows next to nothing about you?
I would feel bad about it , very bad infact .People who do such are just dumb

Lets go there na , maybe without the monthly flow part cheesy , I can manage the aspect of borning pikin , I love babies kiss

Wheew !!!! smiley

2 Likes

Re: What If We Switched Roles For A While? by cupidora(f): 12:39pm On Jan 08, 2018
Donald3d:
For the Men

I would not be with such man in the first place, I would be with a PARTNER , someone who complements me,and someone I complement .With the prescence of love,understanding and a CLEAR goal and vision of what we want individually and for our future

I wouldn't keep silent because , I dont allow "the society" determine how things go for me .Once what I do is fine by me ,and I dont hurt man or God in the process,I am ok.

I would marry a man who sees me as a partner and definitely assist around the house , especially when I have a lot of work load , so we both get the credit and ovation, remember- PARTNERSHIP , I would also assist him with his own "manly" things ,so we share each others burdens .P.S. I love babies kiss

I definitely would not like that , I should be told everything ,since I am being given out , I should be involved in the whole process

Lets go there na , maybe without the monthly flow part cheesy , I can manage the aspect of borning pikin , I love babies kiss

Wheew !!!! smiley

Awesome! Thank you for the insightful answers... Hahahahaha! It comes in one package, all wrapped with a ribbon on it bro grin cheesy
Re: What If We Switched Roles For A While? by shinarlaura(f): 4:53pm On Jan 08, 2018
Even if i come back to this Earth 10 times, i ll always love to be a woman

1 Like

Re: What If We Switched Roles For A While? by Nobody: 8:45pm On Jan 08, 2018
gloria34:

I concur. Totally.
A guy who knows that he is in control radiates it, is gentle on the outside and confident on the inside.

3 Likes 2 Shares

Re: What If We Switched Roles For A While? by Nobody: 8:47pm On Jan 08, 2018
Jman06:

You do those things because you cherish a woman and not because you have to. And she respects you because she feels respect for you and not because you intimidate her to show it or even fake it.

3 Likes 2 Shares

Re: What If We Switched Roles For A While? by Nobody: 8:50pm On Jan 08, 2018
Jman06:

You give your women orders? grin
Mehn, you want to make a request and watch her surrender with pleasure. She is your woman, your closest confidant and partner (in crime if must be), not your child, employee, servant or slave.

Politeness is the key. Show mannerism, be sophisticated. Who told you guys that crass, crude behavior is attractive and makes you look strong?

4 Likes 2 Shares

Re: What If We Switched Roles For A While? by Jman06(m): 9:51pm On Jan 08, 2018
Mindfulness:

You do those things because you cherish a woman and not because you have to. And she respects you because she feels respect for you and not because you intimidate her to show it or even fake it.
Please does doing those things imply that the man is "in control"? Because i feel that a man carrying out his duty to his family does not necessarily qualify him as "in charge" like the lady i mentioned implied. In a family, both the man and his wife have their duties to do, and as such none should be seen as "in charge". I hear some ladies saying that they like their men "in charge" and i feel that what they mean is for the man to exercise control over them. If i am wrong, please what does it mean when a lady says that she likes their men "in control". The lady i quoted implied that in her post and i kind of found it demeaning to womenfolk hence my reply to her. So, i'll like if you can go through my conversation with her and clear the air.
Re: What If We Switched Roles For A While? by Nobody: 10:03pm On Jan 08, 2018
Jman06:
Please does doing those things imply that the man is "in control"? Because i feel that a man carrying out his duty to his family does not necessarily qualify him as "in charge" like the lady i mentioned implied. In a family, both the man and his wife have their duties to do, and as such none should be seen as "in charge". I hear some ladies saying that they like their men "in charge" and i feel that what they mean is for the man to exercise control over them. If i am wrong, please what does it mean when a lady says that she likes their men "in control". The lady i quoted implied that in her post and i kind of found it demeaning to womenfolk hence my reply to her. So, i'll like if you can go through my conversation with her and clear the air.

You are in control of the things you do or don't do, whatever it might be.
Re: What If We Switched Roles For A While? by Jman06(m): 10:10pm On Jan 08, 2018
Mindfulness:

You are in control of the things you do or don't do, whatever it might be.
I doubt if that is what some ladies mean when they say they like their men to be "in control". I wish someone could explain better or is it another case of ladies being confused
Re: What If We Switched Roles For A While? by Ladyhippolyta88(f): 10:31pm On Jan 08, 2018
Donald3d:
For the Men

Wheew !!!! smiley
I am in love with this post.

1 Like

Re: What If We Switched Roles For A While? by cupidora(f): 6:13pm On Jan 11, 2018
Jman06:
I doubt if that is what some ladies mean when they say they like their men to be "in control". I wish someone could explain better or is it another case of ladies being confused

No one and especially ladies would like a man who exercises control in a manner that is intimidating and inconsiderate, the kind of control I would want my man to exhibit would be in terms of being confident ,taking initiative(not that I can't also do it) and 'being a man' in the broad sense of the phrase,that way, control is reasonable and appreciated, not demeaning and dreadful.

(1) (Reply)

My Woman My Everything / I Need Someone To Talk To / Are these The Best Pre-wedding Pictures Trending In Nigeria? Rate Them Pls

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 59
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.