Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,147,905 members, 7,799,042 topics. Date: Tuesday, 16 April 2024 at 02:22 PM

Living Faith Church Temporarily Puts N50 Billion Faith Theatre Project On Hold - Religion (6) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Religion / Living Faith Church Temporarily Puts N50 Billion Faith Theatre Project On Hold (61171 Views)

Bishop Oyedepo Speaks On Succession Of Living Faith Church / How The Living Faith Church Funds Her Private Jet By Leke Beecroft / Living Faith Church To Construct Four Lane Express From Lafenwa To Ayobo (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Living Faith Church Temporarily Puts N50 Billion Faith Theatre Project On Hold by Goke7: 9:06am On Jan 05, 2018
Hautside:

They dont solve problems. God does. Very soon, we shall all know the truth and the truth shall set us free. Let them keep enriching their pockets. There is time for everything

They do solve problems with the gifts and callings God bestowed upon them hence the reason they will continue to be rich. They work harder than the average business man out there. If you think the job of a Pastor is beans, you just try it out and see, many have done so and got their fingers burnt.
Re: Living Faith Church Temporarily Puts N50 Billion Faith Theatre Project On Hold by Goke7: 10:44am On Jan 05, 2018
Iamzik:

Bros stop directing people to criticize government.
Even In the says of the early church there was human government and it fell short of expectations. God did not create human beings to be ruled by fellow humans and there will never be a perfect human government.

That the church is able to manage better schools and football club should tell you that the church is capable of doing far greater things given it's potential and resources.

All you listed above is a drop of water in the mighty ocean. The apostles didn't need the press to cover and publicize their giving ministry. It was real and the people spread it by word of mouth (most powerful channel) while preaching the gospel.

Bros the church is sitting on billions and I have had access to information to confirm this point.
If we believe that this world is vanity and we are mindful of eternity then why have we allowed materialism to engulf the church this much?

Do you think a bokoharam or ISIS member is concerned about building cathedrals and flying jets? All he wants Is to spread his ideology. How much more we who should be heavenly minded?

God did not create poverty. Human beings do when they refuse to share and redistribute wealth. And the church is in the best position to do that as exemplified by the early church

Practical love within the local church is the fastest way to win those souls not building mighty cathedrals.
The church organizations encourage members to give endlessly and then keep a large chunk of what is given. Why cant the church practice what she preaches? OR is there no more blessing in giving?

And before you claim people are attacking the church you need to realize that the church of Christ universal is a superset of your local church organizations/denominations led by your GO. The church is bigger than you think.

Almost all our GOs attended mission schools tuition free and then suddenly realize now that education is expensive. Who payed for their's? Was it not missionary bodies funded by Christians in Europe? Why can't these local churches do thesame? They didn't have to fast to get admission yet prescribe fasting for youngsters seeking admission today.

Bros the gospel is practical love that leads to Salvation. The earlier church organizations change strategy the better

If the Early church you referred to were doing all the things you feel in your own opinion the church today should be doing then we won't have the problems we have in today's society but was the church formed to solve all the problems of the world? You guys lack basic understanding of the purpose of the church and who told you the church is sitting on billions? Whatever project you see any church doing are sacrificial donations from folks like you and me and mark my words these mega churches most of the time are broke to undertake these projects. The big cars and the jets are what is making you assume that the church is sitting on billions and how many of them even have the jets. It takes donations from people to make churches even sort out their operational bills.

The purpose of the church is not to redistribute wealth as the church has no wealth to distribute in the first place. What you are calling wealth are just donations from people, reason the universities and schools churches have can never be free as they have no money to make them free. Did you read in your bible about the early church building roads and schools? What the church can do is help in the welfare of people which is just a stop gap temporarily to meet needs and not to provide livelihood for people. The church primarily duty is to teach people to deepen their relationship with God and live godly lives, all other duties are just extra within their capacity if they can do so.

1 Like

Re: Living Faith Church Temporarily Puts N50 Billion Faith Theatre Project On Hold by chuose2: 11:41am On Jan 05, 2018
sophoccles:

In all fairness, Oyedepo was one of the first people to speak out against the Fulani killings.

he did, since then wetin?
Re: Living Faith Church Temporarily Puts N50 Billion Faith Theatre Project On Hold by KaptainAfrika: 1:38pm On Jan 05, 2018
I have had better and reasonable discussions with a 2 year old child than with you. Go worship at the feet of your idol. Don't forget to pay your tithe too, it will go along way in Oyedepo, I mean, your god giving his "divine approval" for the project.

bezimo:

When you have nothing reasonable and sensible to say please shut up, instead of making a caricature of yourself and advertising how lame your level of reasoning is. Go find your mate to talk with..I ain't got your time. smh.
Re: Living Faith Church Temporarily Puts N50 Billion Faith Theatre Project On Hold by KaptainAfrika: 3:36pm On Jan 05, 2018
Re: Living Faith Church Temporarily Puts N50 Billion Faith Theatre Project On Hold by Goshen360(m): 3:53pm On Jan 05, 2018
Statsocial:
The Faith theatre 100,000 Stadium-like Auditorium which was designed by Students/Graduates of Covenant University has now been TEMPORARILY put on Hold as the Church waits for clear Divine Instructions on the matter. According to Bishop Oyedepo, God hasn't given a "go ahead" for the Construction to begin.

About 1,000 Hectares of Land had been initially reserved for the project at Canaancity and the Project reportedly ought to have run for Three years maximum and commissioned in 2019.

Right now, according to Leke Beecroft, the Church would now focus on expanding Faith Tabernacle(50,000) to accommodate hundreds of thousands of Worshippers. According to 2015 statistics Canaanland currently hosts about 400,000 people per Sunday over several Services-hence it is imperative to either build a new structure or expand the Faith Tabernacle.

https://educationexplorersite./2018/01/03/living-faith-church-temporarily-puts-n50-billion-faith-theatre-project-on-hold/

Isn't it STUPIDITY if one is trying to build a 100,000 capacity auditorium but the current place draws 400,000 worshippers? Am I the only one looking at figures in this article?

1 Like

Re: Living Faith Church Temporarily Puts N50 Billion Faith Theatre Project On Hold by Nobody: 6:55pm On Jan 05, 2018
Statsocial:
There were poor people in existense when Solomon spent possibly billions on building the Temple. God did not leave heaven to start living inside the temple. However God himself commended Solomon for the project. Anything that bears the name of God must be splendid! and by the way it is not a yearly project. It is a once in a life time project so it should be done well enough. For a Church building a 500 Billion Naira city for themselves-50 billion is surely a small amount to appropriate for their church building.

Living Faith is a Super Wealthy Global Ministry and they phase the Church in 50 years. They are currently running a plan to 2032 which started in 1982 or so-you had better make peace or you would simply get more angry. The plans i have seen for the next few years are bold and massive. For example Living Faith must build 85,000 housing units more in addition to canaancity before 2032.

Lastly to those mentioning industrialization- the Church money isn't Nigeria's money only. We can't use income of worshippers in Ghana, US, UK, Kenya, Congo, South Africa etc to come and build industries for you. The last i know Ghanians have started accusing Living FAITH of building universities in Nigeria only. pls face your govt and hold them responsible for all your problems. Leave the church out of it.....

Source lol. When it comes to Churches in Nigeria especially Pentecostals I am a source to the source grin

Religion has reached cresendo.
It's in it's faze out stage.
Stop bothering others with elongated epistles. grin
Re: Living Faith Church Temporarily Puts N50 Billion Faith Theatre Project On Hold by Nobody: 6:59pm On Jan 05, 2018
Goshen360:

Isn't it STUPIDITY if one is trying to build a 100,000 capacity auditorium but the current place draws 400,000 worshippers? Am I the only one looking at figures in this article?
The theatre can take 100,000. However, the overflow is designed to take another 100,000. If the service is spread across two services it would be just fine. Any other increases and we can keep on increasing the Service. So the Current faith theatre can accommodate 1 million ppl over five services.
Re: Living Faith Church Temporarily Puts N50 Billion Faith Theatre Project On Hold by Nobody: 7:26pm On Jan 05, 2018
KaptainAfrika:
Wait a minute. Let me take a deep breath.
- When does a project start? from construction or from the plans? or from approval from the owners of the project?
- A man did a plan for a building without "divine approval"
- But the same man is saying that he is waiting for "divine approval" before construction can start.
- So who gave him permission to draw up the plan?
- Let make this simple for you. Julius Berger gets permission from government, even before they draw up a plan and the only reason they don't start construction, is because money hasn't been released. (permission-plans-permission-funding-execution)
- Does Julius Berger draw up plans, even before getting government approval and then announce that they can't start construction without government approval??
Q.E.D: Living Faith does not have funds for the project.

Lol you don't know how Churches work at all.
Living faith can't halt a project because it doesn't have money. The Church members are always there to give towards projects like this. If the living faith church currently does not have money then the consequence would have been that the project would have dragged on for many years and not a complete halt. Believe it or not construction haven't started because they haven't any conviction or permission to do so.
As regards your comment about why he drew up the plan. Well if you have a 50,000 auditorium being thronged by 400,000 ppl what then do you do? You build a bigger one-so I think it is was a matter of reasoning that the Church went ahead to get a plan-however I agree that planning should always start from permission...

1 Like

Re: Living Faith Church Temporarily Puts N50 Billion Faith Theatre Project On Hold by Hautside(m): 9:18pm On Jan 05, 2018
Goke7:

They do solve problems with the gifts and callings God bestowed upon them hence the reason they will continue to be rich. They work harder than the average business man out there. If you think the job of a Pastor is beans, you just try it out and see, many have done so and got their fingers burnt.

What are you saying sef? Hian! Dem solve problems reach Jesus, Elijah,Elisha and even Ezekiel wey hin bone raise death? It still doesnt Justify their riches...I wont become a pastor because I am not called. They have made the pastor thing a profession and its no longer a calling. If not, I dont understand how a pastors wife automatically becomes a pastor. Did God call the 2 of them They have made it look easy.

1 Like

Re: Living Faith Church Temporarily Puts N50 Billion Faith Theatre Project On Hold by Hautside(m): 9:24pm On Jan 05, 2018
Statsocial:

The theatre can take 100,000. However, the overflow is designed to take another 100,000. If the service is spread across two services it would be just fine. Any other increases and we can keep on increasing the Service. So the Current faith theatre can accommodate 1 million ppl over five services.

Defending the church again!!! If there can be 5 services, there can also be 10 services. Infact, the whole Sunday can be for service and there will be no need building another auditorium. If not, we will keep building auditoriums every decade and what happens to the old ones built with huge amounts of money?
Re: Living Faith Church Temporarily Puts N50 Billion Faith Theatre Project On Hold by Goshen360(m): 9:42pm On Jan 05, 2018
Statsocial:

The same thing will continue AND CONTINUE.....that's is, after spending 50 or 100 billion naira to sit faith theatre with its overflow according to you, in years to come you will want to build again with another billions of naira because there's increase in overflow or worshippers and you're never satisfied which is what competition among ministry does. If you don't believe what I'm saying ask Rccg.
Re: Living Faith Church Temporarily Puts N50 Billion Faith Theatre Project On Hold by Nobody: 9:52pm On Jan 05, 2018
Hautside:

Defending the church again!!! If there can be 5 services, there can also be 10 services. Infact, the whole Sunday can be for service and there will be no need building another auditorium. If not, we will keep building auditoriums every decade and what happens to the old ones built with huge amounts of money?
Lol it is easier said when you don't live in Ota. Already there is traffic for about half of the entire Sunday. If you make the service to run till evening, people including Ota resident would not be able to move anywhere till midnight.

Yet the Church says it does not have the mandate to branch into Lagos so we would have to continue to big bigger structures-mind you the money it would cost to set up branches in Lagos might collectively be very humongous also.
Re: Living Faith Church Temporarily Puts N50 Billion Faith Theatre Project On Hold by Goke7: 11:18pm On Jan 05, 2018
Hautside:

What are you saying sef? Hian! Dem solve problems reach Jesus, Elijah,Elisha and even Ezekiel wey hin bone raise death? It still doesnt Justify their riches...I wont become a pastor because I am not called. They have made the pastor thing a profession and its no longer a calling. If not, I dont understand how a pastors wife automatically becomes a pastor. Did God call the 2 of them They have made it look easy.

Learn and increase your knowledge, Jesus even said greater works than he did will his followers and those who believe in Him will do, you guys just comment on what you don't know. Who is Elisha, Ezekiel and co? They were flesh and blood like we are and we have seen the mighty works of God in our days than in their time.

You lack understanding like you have said in your post, read your bible more if indeed you are christian or accept Jesus in your life if you haven't done so to cure your ignorance
Re: Living Faith Church Temporarily Puts N50 Billion Faith Theatre Project On Hold by Hautside(m): 11:30pm On Jan 05, 2018
Goke7:

Learn and increase your knowledge, Jesus even said greater works than he did will his followers and those who believe in Him will do, you guys just comment on what you don't know. Who is Elisha, Ezekiel and co? They were flesh and blood like we are and we have seen the mighty works of God in our days than in their time.

You lack understanding like you have said in your post, read your bible more if indeed you are christian or accept Jesus in your life if you haven't done so to cure your ignorance

No!! You should read tour bible and not try to defend the defendless or try to use the bible only for those things that favour you! If Elisha and co are flesh, Are your pastors not also flesh! I dont get your point. Did you not read 1 timothy 1-7? Verse 3 said he must not love money but almost ALL our pastors want to be rich!! whats that??

3 This is a true saying: If a man is eager to be a church leader, he desires an excellent work. 2 A church leader must be without fault; he must have only one wife,[a] be sober, self-controlled, and orderly; he must welcome strangers in his home; he must be able to teach; 3 he must not be a drunkard or a violent man, but gentle and peaceful; he must not love money 4 he must be able to manage his own family well and make his children obey him with all respect. 5 For if a man does not know how to manage his own family, how can he take care of the church of God? 6 He must be mature in the faith, so that he will not swell up with pride and be condemned, as the Devil was. 7 He should be a man who is respected by the people outside the church, so that he will not be disgraced and fall into the Devil's trap.
Re: Living Faith Church Temporarily Puts N50 Billion Faith Theatre Project On Hold by Hautside(m): 11:34pm On Jan 05, 2018
Statsocial:

Lol it is easier said when you don't live in Ota. Already there is traffic for about half of the entire Sunday. If you make the service to run till evening, people including Ota resident would not be able to move anywhere till midnight.

Yet the Church says it does not have the mandate to branch into Lagos so we would have to continue to big bigger structures-mind you the money it would cost to set up branches in Lagos might collectively be very humongous also.

Then Let the church make a provision for 5 million capacity once and for all!! I am just against building and re-building. If Solomon was a Nigerian, He would have abandoned the old auditorium and keep building bigger ones!!!!
Re: Living Faith Church Temporarily Puts N50 Billion Faith Theatre Project On Hold by Hautside(m): 11:36pm On Jan 05, 2018
Statsocial:

Then Let the church make a provision for 5 million capacity once and for all!! I am just against building and re-building. If Solomon was a Nigerian, He would have abandoned the old auditorium and keep building bigger ones!!!!
Re: Living Faith Church Temporarily Puts N50 Billion Faith Theatre Project On Hold by Goke7: 11:40pm On Jan 06, 2018
Hautside:

No!! You should read tour bible and not try to defend the defendless or try to use the bible only for those things that favour you! If Elisha and co are flesh, Are your pastors not also flesh! I dont get your point. Did you not read 1 timothy 1-7? Verse 3 said he must not love money but almost ALL our pastors want to be rich!! whats that??

3 This is a true saying: If a man is eager to be a church leader, he desires an excellent work. 2 A church leader must be without fault; he must have only one wife,[a] be sober, self-controlled, and orderly; he must welcome strangers in his home; he must be able to teach; 3 he must not be a drunkard or a violent man, but gentle and peaceful; he must not love money 4 he must be able to manage his own family well and make his children obey him with all respect. 5 For if a man does not know how to manage his own family, how can he take care of the church of God? 6 He must be mature in the faith, so that he will not swell up with pride and be condemned, as the Devil was. 7 He should be a man who is respected by the people outside the church, so that he will not be disgraced and fall into the Devil's trap.
So pastors building churches and being wealthy due to their hard work and ability to solve problems mean they love money?

Wow your ignorance is so revealing. Pastors will continue to be rich and there is nothing even me and you can do about it. The labourer is worthy of his wages and does not imply he loves money. Its based on biblical principle where God gives power to create wealth. Wealth is different from the love of money which is the root of evil

1 Like

Re: Living Faith Church Temporarily Puts N50 Billion Faith Theatre Project On Hold by Goke7: 11:49pm On Jan 06, 2018
Hautside:

So if a church auditorium outgrows its current carrying capacity, they should not expand or rebuild to accommodate more people? You are not making sense man. What was the number of people serving God in the days of Solomon compared to now. Even the solomon temple was re builded several times by the likes of Ezra and Nehemiah. You are just against building because of your personal bias which is None of your business in the first place. They need a bigger auditorium not you.

1 Like

Re: Living Faith Church Temporarily Puts N50 Billion Faith Theatre Project On Hold by Hautside(m): 12:59am On Jan 07, 2018
[quote author=Goke7 post=63962438]

So if a church auditorium outgrows its current carrying capacity, they should not expand or rebuild to accommodate more people? You are not making sense man. What was the number of people serving God in the days of Solomon compared to now. Even the solomon temple was re builded several times by the likes of Ezra and Nehemiah. You are just against building because of your personal bias which is None of your business in the first place. They need a bigger auditorium not you. [/quote

i am not bias. You are the one who doing the job of a lawyer. I am never again building a new auditorium. I only said instead of having to rebuild again and again, why not make a permanent provision! If the current church can accommodate 100k people, why not build the one that can accommodate 2million at once since the land is readily available. Thats wisdom.

FYI: It is my biz because I am a christian and moreso, I pay tithes and offerings!!

1 Like

Re: Living Faith Church Temporarily Puts N50 Billion Faith Theatre Project On Hold by SPius: 12:04pm On Dec 07, 2018
Next2Bezee:
It looks like the sheeple will have to tithe their February and March salary join as Janauary salary no reach grin

LFC does not do first fruit offering like other churches. They have never done project launching ones. Neither have they ever called people to come out for pledge or put any form of pressure on the sheeple. Check them out. I am in support of church impacting lives but N50b should be beans for the LORD'S house now. Or what do you think?
Re: Living Faith Church Temporarily Puts N50 Billion Faith Theatre Project On Hold by kinggabah: 7:39pm On Nov 10, 2019
David Oyedepo has been bragging about how he completed his former church building in one year, now God has disgraced him openly. It is clear he doesn't hear from God at all.
PLEASE, REFOUND MY MONEY(61,000 thousand Naira) BACK TO ME, WHICH I GAVE FOR THE CHURCH BUILDING IN MAKURDI, SINCE GOD DID NOT ASK YOU TO TROUBLE US.
This mad pastor self...

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (Reply)

My Terrible Experience In A Church Today / Ozubulu Anambra Catholic Church Killing Of Worshippers: Aftermath Video (Graphic / Pastor Walks Out Of A Marriage Ceremony (Photos, Video)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 121
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.