Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,566 members, 7,809,065 topics. Date: Thursday, 25 April 2024 at 10:08 PM

My Wife Snores While Sleeping; I Hardly Sleep At Night - Family (4) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Family / My Wife Snores While Sleeping; I Hardly Sleep At Night (79203 Views)

My Daughter Of 4+ Years Would Not Allow Me And Wife Have Sex At Night / Why Ladies Hardly Change Their Surnames After Marriage These Days / Ugandan Couple Die After Wall Collapsed On Them While Sleeping (Disturbing Pics) (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: My Wife Snores While Sleeping; I Hardly Sleep At Night by bumtos(m): 11:14pm On Jan 04, 2018
free2ryhme:

see a doctor

most posters here are children
Best advice so far.
Re: My Wife Snores While Sleeping; I Hardly Sleep At Night by David160(m): 11:14pm On Jan 04, 2018
byna:
Hello guys ,

Married my wife about 5yrs ago.

Initially she sleeps without snooring

Suddenly after putting to bed, she started snooring to the extent that I hardly sleep at night.

I don't want her to feel ashamed of this if I openly confront her.

Please I love her and would love to know how best to approach this issue.
sleep in another room or palour
Re: My Wife Snores While Sleeping; I Hardly Sleep At Night by BeeBeeOoh(m): 11:14pm On Jan 04, 2018
saabright:

u neva jam snoring wey get bass
grin cheesy grin cheesy grin cheesy
Re: My Wife Snores While Sleeping; I Hardly Sleep At Night by Mariangeles(f): 11:15pm On Jan 04, 2018
So your wife snores...get over it!
You men demand so much from women it's annoying. you don't want this, you don't like that, you can't tolerate those, she's too fat huh...ENOUGH ALREADY!
Marriage is for mature men that is ready to take anything that comes with it.
Don't you men know that a woman's body go through so many changes...? A woman can tolerate anything from you but y'all can't...? chai! and the poor woman does not know she's being discussed because her husband that is supposed to protect her brought out her business just so every tom, dick and harry can have a feast discussing her.
Marriage is not by force. if you not ready to tolerate another person, please don't get married.
Women, don't ever let anybody make you feel less of yourselves because you "snore"!

1 Like

Re: My Wife Snores While Sleeping; I Hardly Sleep At Night by frank41(m): 11:16pm On Jan 04, 2018
The best way to handle such issue is to ensure that she doesn't lie in a supine position while sleeping(face lying upward).
Re: My Wife Snores While Sleeping; I Hardly Sleep At Night by MISTAICEY02288(m): 11:16pm On Jan 04, 2018
saabright:

u neva jam snoring wey get bass

Lmao cheesy

1 Like

Re: My Wife Snores While Sleeping; I Hardly Sleep At Night by Mariangeles(f): 11:19pm On Jan 04, 2018
Omotayor123:
The only way to stop snoring is to stop her from sleeping.
Abeg learn to cope with it. if it's you, I'm sure she won't complain.
Exactly.

1 Like

Re: My Wife Snores While Sleeping; I Hardly Sleep At Night by bendike: 11:20pm On Jan 04, 2018
Bros. One thing I have found out after thrice your years of marriage is that you must accommodate with certain flaws. Do you know you might also snore and she lives with it? There might also be other things you do eg smoking, alcohol smell, etc she puts up with but cannot tell you? Just be accommodating and over time you both will adjust to your flaws.
Re: My Wife Snores While Sleeping; I Hardly Sleep At Night by bendike: 11:23pm On Jan 04, 2018
Mariangeles:
So your wife snores...get over it!
You men demand so much from women it's annoying. you don't want this, you don't like that, you can't tolerate those, she's too fat huh...ENOUGH ALREADY!
Marriage is for mature men that is ready to take anything that comes with it.
Don't you men know that a woman's body go through so many changes...? A woman can tolerate anything from you but y'all can't...? chai! and the poor woman does not know she's being discussed because her husband that is supposed to protect her brought out her business just so every tom, dick and harry can have a feast discussing her.
Marriage is not by force. if you not ready to tolerate another person, please don't get married.
Women, don't ever let anybody make you feel less of yourselves because you "snore"!
You said it all!
Re: My Wife Snores While Sleeping; I Hardly Sleep At Night by Mariangeles(f): 11:24pm On Jan 04, 2018
byna:

If only I snore as well. I guess I wouldnt have been concerned. But I don't.
...or you think you don't? is she aware when she snores? There's your answer.
It's not that I'm on your side o but this might help, tell her to always eat her dinner before 7pm and when she gets hungry after that she can have fruits.
Re: My Wife Snores While Sleeping; I Hardly Sleep At Night by GTCreations: 11:24pm On Jan 04, 2018
Sage7:

Lol....One Squady for you!
Are you a sailor?
Re: My Wife Snores While Sleeping; I Hardly Sleep At Night by Nobody: 11:25pm On Jan 04, 2018
byna:
Hello guys ,

Suddenly after putting to bed, she started snooring to the extent that I hardly sleep at night.

For better for worse
Re: My Wife Snores While Sleeping; I Hardly Sleep At Night by Nobody: 11:26pm On Jan 04, 2018
@ the Poster, i feel you don't love your wife enough.
While i was in school then, my BF said i normally sleep talk, and he would wake up at night and admire the way i curl my hair and talk jargons while i was asleep.
When one is in love, simple things like that do not bother you, instead you find a way around it if it's too disturbing... Remember she's your wife and not an "Olosho". I have pricked my Ex with my sharp nails before when he was deep asleep and started snoring like a pig and when he woke up we laughed about it and had a great midnight sexxx!!!!!

Gosh i missed school days cry

1 Like

Re: My Wife Snores While Sleeping; I Hardly Sleep At Night by alizma: 11:26pm On Jan 04, 2018
byna:
Hello guys ,

except you guys hardly play together, there is no big deal in confronting her with the situation at hand. talk to her and together you can find solution. myself and my wife sometimes ago had similar experience, it started with me few months into our marriage and later with her, we. discussed it and made it look less horrible by waking whoever started first and telling him or her to sleep properly (as we attributed it to sleeping in bad position) instead of shouting at the person and telling him/her bluntly that he/she is snoring. we were still browsing on what to do or use when after some months we realized that non of us snore again but one thing I can remember is that I did bought pure honey and was taking it, one spoon morning and night.
Re: My Wife Snores While Sleeping; I Hardly Sleep At Night by GTCreations: 11:26pm On Jan 04, 2018
ManIzHot:
Talk to her like this

Babe,
I noticed you have been getting stressed up lately
Can it be that work has been hectic?
I don't marry you to start getting you all stressed up

Hold her close

If there could be a way you want me to be of help, i am totally here
I don't want you to get so tired again, thereby struggling with your breathe when sleep...

Now give her a peck and smile

Do you know....last night when you were snoring, i lay a kiss on your lips and smiled, i just wondered why yo were so tired?
Just let me know how i can come in to help
I don't want you to be struggling with your breathing again
I Love you darling

Nice Indian film. Back to reality please

1 Like

Re: My Wife Snores While Sleeping; I Hardly Sleep At Night by bodeskii(m): 11:29pm On Jan 04, 2018
ManIzHot:
Talk to her like this

Babe,

Hold her close

I don't want you to get so tired again, thereby struggling with your breathe when sleep...

Do you know....last night when you were snoring, i lay a kiss on your lips and smiled, i just wondered why yo were so tired?
I Love you darling
grin grin
kolo pple full this earth shaa
Re: My Wife Snores While Sleeping; I Hardly Sleep At Night by alizma: 11:30pm On Jan 04, 2018
folakemigeh:
@ the Poster, i feel you don't love your wife enough.
While i was in school then, my BF said i normally sleep talk, and he would wake up at night and admire the way i curl my hair and talk jargons while i was asleep.
When one is in love, simple things like that do not bother you, instead you find a way around it if it's too disturbing... Remember she's your wife and not an "Olosho". I have pricked my Ex with my sharp nails before when he was deep asleep and started snoring like a pig and when he woke up we laughed about it and had a great midnight sexxx!!!!!

Gosh i missed school days cry
hold that guy tight if he hasn't changed.
Re: My Wife Snores While Sleeping; I Hardly Sleep At Night by Edu3Again: 11:31pm On Jan 04, 2018
byna:
Hello guys ,

Order an anti-Snoring machine.
Hit me up if u need help.
Re: My Wife Snores While Sleeping; I Hardly Sleep At Night by oribi(m): 11:32pm On Jan 04, 2018
you don't have to expose your wife weakness in public sad

1 Like

Re: My Wife Snores While Sleeping; I Hardly Sleep At Night by Nobody: 11:33pm On Jan 04, 2018
alizma:

hold that guy tight if he hasn't changed.
Years ago, he's even married now with a female child.
Re: My Wife Snores While Sleeping; I Hardly Sleep At Night by babamoha(m): 11:33pm On Jan 04, 2018
That is not an issue that will be disturbing ur mind at all just wake her to change her position
Re: My Wife Snores While Sleeping; I Hardly Sleep At Night by adisabarber(m): 11:34pm On Jan 04, 2018
Just change the position of her head when she's snoring.

byna:
Hello guys ,

Re: My Wife Snores While Sleeping; I Hardly Sleep At Night by MannyG: 11:35pm On Jan 04, 2018
Discuss the issue with her when she is in a cheerful mood, communication is very important in any relationship.. Suggest to her that she should change her sleeping position. Sleeping on the back causes loud snoring. Sleeping on one's side eliminates snoring.
Re: My Wife Snores While Sleeping; I Hardly Sleep At Night by emmyluizzz: 11:35pm On Jan 04, 2018
efighter:

My guy stop thinking like this nah. Your wife cannot feel ashamed that she snores. The funny part of this is that you too may also be snoring while sleeping but she may not tell you probably because she thinks it is normal or that as her husband, she shouldn't bother you with irrelevancies like this. So tell her as kindly and as lovingly as possible, maybe just maybe the two of you may be able to find a remedy. Your wife loves and care for your feelings as much as you care for her. Minor issues like this should be be an issue at all, you have been joined together as one flesh, one soul.

Child bearing and raising stress is so strenuous my brother. It sometimes changes so many things in a woman's body.
this one is a professional snorer

haha
Re: My Wife Snores While Sleeping; I Hardly Sleep At Night by bodeskii(m): 11:37pm On Jan 04, 2018
Nutase:
Do night vigil and watch over your new family. After all what are men for?

so this is what you have to say?? undecided
Oniranu ..
Re: My Wife Snores While Sleeping; I Hardly Sleep At Night by Toks2008(m): 11:39pm On Jan 04, 2018
byna:
Hello guys ,

Does she sleep with her face up?

If yes let her try sleeping sideways or face down.

Almost everyone will snore when they sleep with their faces up.

But if snoring continues then Google a solution.

1 Like

Re: My Wife Snores While Sleeping; I Hardly Sleep At Night by slysteel: 11:40pm On Jan 04, 2018
byna:
Hello guys ,

You want these teenagers on nairaland to advise you? You are wasting time,just get her to burn most of weight she gained when pregnant....
Re: My Wife Snores While Sleeping; I Hardly Sleep At Night by tealaw(m): 11:44pm On Jan 04, 2018
If she snores like a cow, then I'm sorry man, cant help u.
Re: My Wife Snores While Sleeping; I Hardly Sleep At Night by berrystunn(m): 11:45pm On Jan 04, 2018
ManIzHot:
Talk to her like this

Babe,

Hold her close

I Love you darling

Very good but the guy is not romantic grin grin

1 Like

Re: My Wife Snores While Sleeping; I Hardly Sleep At Night by Badgers14: 11:46pm On Jan 04, 2018
byna:
Hello guys ,

It could be from how she lays her head. Try changing the location of the pillow or tell her to adjust her sleeping posture.

You could also invest in nose strips.

Also have a candid conversation with your wife not like You are yabbing her but let her know how you feel and the solutions that you have. Work it out together. She probably does not know and might even give you an idea on why she is snoring.

Again don't hurt her feelings but have a soul to soul conversation with your wife. Assure her that you will work with her to find solution to the issue.

Good luck.
Re: My Wife Snores While Sleeping; I Hardly Sleep At Night by Pharmtj: 11:46pm On Jan 04, 2018
ManIzHot:
Talk to her like this

Babe,

Hold her close

I Love you darling
wisdom

1 Like

Re: My Wife Snores While Sleeping; I Hardly Sleep At Night by Mike008(m): 11:49pm On Jan 04, 2018
Make sure she keeps a healthy rest routine.
You just need to tell her, she's your wife. If it persists, get her an anti snoring device.

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (Reply)

See Viral Photos Of A Woman And Her Daughter That Will Blow Your Mind. / Man Raises Family Under Lagos Bridge / Christmas Package A Mother-In-Law Gifted To Her Daughter-In-Law (Photos)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 60
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.