Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,149,972 members, 7,806,824 topics. Date: Wednesday, 24 April 2024 at 02:30 AM

Airtel now charging on USSD Transaction - Investment - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Investment / Airtel now charging on USSD Transaction (1056 Views)

The New Ussd Transaction Charge / How To Create A Virtual Dollar Card For International Transaction / Airtel Africa Lists On NSE With N1.36trn (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply)

Airtel now charging on USSD Transaction by Nobody: 8:15pm On Jan 03, 2018
I have been having issue with my USSD transaction, so I called airtel customer care agent to know if the problem was with my sim because I can no longer transact with USSD if I don't have airtime, and that is what I use to top up my airtime, and make transfer but the agent told me the problem was with my banks. He(the agent) advised me to go to my banks customer care agent even when I read the message out to him, he still insisted the problem was from the banks not airtel. Read the message below:

"Dear customer, you have insufficient airtime to use this service."

Just this evening I received a message from one of the banks. Read the message below:

"Dear Customer, Airtel NG now requires that you have a minimum balance of N5 for USSD transactions. Airtime top up is exempted."

From the second message they said "Airtime top up is exempted" but on a first dial of the USSD the first message will show up not allowing any further selection(s) and if there is airtime, I will be charge N5 for each selection i.e if I am to select numbers four times before topping up, they will charge N5x4.

Airtel now charge for USSD transactions and bank also charge when you make transfer, now it is double charging.
Are you experiencing the same problem??
If yes, which network are you using??
Let share to know if the problem is just with airtel network or all of the networks.

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: Airtel now charging on USSD Transaction by YOUNGELDER1(m): 11:14pm On Jan 03, 2018
I noticed too . Not just anyhow charges but excessive charges .

1 Like

Re: Airtel now charging on USSD Transaction by Pengician(m): 12:07pm On Jan 11, 2018
[quote author=OceanmorganTrix post=63867016]/quote]
Charges everywhere. Just wish there would be a good law regulating all these in Naija.

(1) (Reply)

Cheaper And Reliable Bulk SMS, Robocalls Service Provider In Nigeria / I Am Giving 10k To 5 People Each / Do You Have Upto #1200 In Your Account. This Is For You

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 9
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.