Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,143,487 members, 7,781,461 topics. Date: Friday, 29 March 2024 at 02:48 PM

Employment, Unemployment and Underemployment Rate By State - Politics (3) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Employment, Unemployment and Underemployment Rate By State (4958 Views)

Collection Rate Of PVCs: State By State Breakdown (Photos) / Abubakar Saleh Michika Was Owed N400m By State He Once Governed / Number Of Months Of Outstanding Salaries Owned By State Governments (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Employment, Unemployment and Underemployment Rate By State by SouthEastFacts: 7:37pm On Jan 04, 2018
deomelo:

You don't believe one made in Nigeria stats while at the same time believing and upholding made in Nigeria stats.

Obviously and as known, you village Igbos pick and choose your own stats..

I really do question you people's mental stability. grin
Quoting them doesn't mean I believe them. If I had used another source you would have shouted IPOB. As if you are paid for every IPOB you shouted here.

If a heavily flawed statistics should place Abia first in education. Then Abia must have done exceptionally well.

Check my first thread and see how I trashed that Index.
Re: Employment, Unemployment and Underemployment Rate By State by SouthEastFacts: 10:27am On Jan 06, 2018
Blue3k:

Underemployment means not working full time all over the world it's not unreliable. The gave you reason and you coming up with unintelligent nonsense. It doesn't matter why your skills are not bring utilised. You labor turnover argument is moot point by the definition of what employment means in general.

The DR education system failed you if simple definition confound you. The NBS doesn't care how many jobs you work. This is why farm workers are counted as underemployed if that's their only job. After farming season they have to find something else to do.
Tufiakwa! If under-employment means not working full time, then what will you call a graduate that works full time but is paid 15k every month, or a trained Lawyer that teaches government in secondary school?

You people have continue to vindicate us that SW are not as smart they arrogantly arrogate to themselves.

1 Like

Re: Employment, Unemployment and Underemployment Rate By State by totit: 10:30am On Jan 06, 2018
God bless SW cheesy

Bookmarked. cool

4 Likes

Re: Employment, Unemployment and Underemployment Rate By State by Rmxr: 11:19am On Jan 06, 2018
And somehow, this thread never made FP. Smh

1 Like

Re: Employment, Unemployment and Underemployment Rate By State by Blue3k(m): 1:18pm On Jan 06, 2018
SouthEastFacts:

[s]Tufiakwa! If under-employment means not working full time, then what will you call a graduate that works full time but is paid 15k every month, or a trained Lawyer that teaches government in secondary school?

You people have continue to vindicate us that SW are not as smart they arrogantly arrogate to themselves.[/s]

Is it part of your culture to not make sense. You were already presented with definition and your still crying like pig to slaughter. Look up definition anywhere in world that is what it means. Village education is failure.

Check definition in United States you'll get similar answer. If you actually read the definition the gave you would know you example was included. Instead you wanted to ramble about job turnover.

Underemployment however occurs if you work less than full time hours, which is 40 hours, but work at
least 20 hours on average a week and /or if you work full time but are engaged in an activity that
underutilizes your skills, time and educational qualifications.
Consequently, rural farmers only farming
seasonally will be considered underemployed if they only work on their farms during the planting and
harvests period and do nothing in between. If farmers are however working in dry and wet seasons as is
increasingly becoming the case, they will then be involved in full time employment. This applies to drivers,
cooks, cleaners, bankers, teachers etc. who in most case work well over 40 hours and hence are considered
full time employed as their working hours and skills meet the adopted methodology.

2 Likes

Re: Employment, Unemployment and Underemployment Rate By State by Omofunaab2: 1:50pm On Jan 06, 2018
Rmxr:
And somehow, this thread never made FP. Smh

Maybe you should create another thread
Re: Employment, Unemployment and Underemployment Rate By State by Rmxr: 10:29pm On Jan 06, 2018
Omofunaab2:

Maybe you should create another thread

They must have seen it considering the fact that we tagged them several times. I guess they just don't deem it FP worthy

2 Likes

Re: Employment, Unemployment and Underemployment Rate By State by SouthEastFacts: 9:06am On Jan 07, 2018
Blue3k:

Is it part of your culture to not make sense. You were already presented with definition and your still crying like pig to slaughter. Look up definition anywhere in world that is what it means. Village education is failure.

Check definition in United States you'll get similar answer. If you actually read the definition the gave you would know you example was included. Instead you wanted to ramble about job turnover.

Just like a typical vulture that picks up any dead corpse for food. Thanks to recent revelations on Nairaland. You people are not as smart as we used to think.

You just gave me a layman definition of under-employment, like a typical average Nigerian copy and paste undergraduate without capacity for indepth analysis. The Yemi (NBS) statistics says underemployment is Nigeria is 21%.

Do you really know what 21% under employment rate means?

It means 2 out of every 10 employed Nigerian is gainfully employed and satisfied with his job pay. It means there is high job satisfaction and low labour turnover.

So Mr. Educated, are you telling me only 2 out of 10 people working in Nigeria are gainfully employed and satisfied with their income?

If your answer is YES! Why is our annual labour turnover rate above our under employment rate?

Believe me, you are too traditional, like most of your brothers. I wonder why people that call themselves smart can ever interpret simple statistics. Someone sat in his office and told you under employment rate is 21% and you started running with that. Tell me why APC won't crash our economy if it is this set of people that advise our President.
Re: Employment, Unemployment and Underemployment Rate By State by Blue3k(m): 10:37am On Jan 07, 2018
SouthEastFacts:

[s]Just like a typical vulture that picks up any dead corpse for food. Thanks to recent revelations on Nairaland. You people are not as smart as we used to think.

You just gave me a layman definition of under-employment, like a typical average Nigerian copy and paste undergraduate without capacity for indepth analysis. The Yemi (NBS) statistics says underemployment is Nigeria is 21%.

Do you really know what 21% under employment rate means?

It means 2 out of every 10 employed Nigerian is gainfully employed and satisfied with his job pay. It means there is high job satisfaction and low labour turnover.

So Mr. Educated, are you telling me only 2 out of 10 people working in Nigeria are gainfully employed and satisfied with their income?

If your answer is YES! Why is our annual labour turnover rate above our under employment rate?

Believe me, you are too traditional, like most of your brothers. I wonder why people that call themselves smart can ever interpret simple statistics. Someone sat in his office and told you under employment rate is 21% and you started running with that. Tell me why APC won't crash our economy if it is this set of people that advise our President[/s].

Save your long winded rambling for your fellow villagers. You've been making unintelligent statements throughout the thread because you can't interpret data or read simple definitions. If you actually read factors the used to calculate their figures you wouldn't be surprised.

3 Likes

Re: Employment, Unemployment and Underemployment Rate By State by SouthEastFacts: 11:23am On Jan 07, 2018
Blue3k:

Save your long winded rambling for your fellow villagers. You've been making unintelligent statements throughout the thread because you can't interpret data or read simple definitions. If you actually read factors the used to calculate their figures you wouldn't be surprised.
Teacher: what does 21% under-employment rate means?
Blue3k: It means 21% of Nigerians workers have part-time jobs.
Teacher: Are you for real?
Blue3k: Yes Sir. Yemi told us that.
Teacher: No Kid. You can have part time jobs but still over employed. 21% under employment means 8 out of every 10 workers are gainfully employed and satisfied with their job pay.
Blue3k: I am sorry Sir.
Teacher: Go and sin no more.
Re: Employment, Unemployment and Underemployment Rate By State by Blue3k(m): 12:16pm On Jan 07, 2018
SouthEastFacts:

[s]Teacher: what does 21% under-employment rate means?
Blue3k: It means 21% of Nigerians workers have part-time jobs.
Teacher: Are you for real?
Blue3k: Yes Sir. Yemi told us that.
Teacher: No Kid. You can have part time jobs but still over employed. 21% under employment means 8 out of every 10 workers are gainfully employed and satisfied with their job pay.
Blue3k: I am sorry Sir.
Teacher: Go and sin no more.[/s]

You are such a villager. You don't even know how interpret data. In order to understand data you have to see who is excluded from work force. Then see how they arrived at 71% participation rate.

1. If your not actively looking for work you don't count.

2. States with higher propensity of women to marry early or be housewives and hence will not be considered part of the labor force also tend to have lower unemployment rates. These States tend to have higher proportion of their economically active populations outside the labor force thereby reducing the number looking for work and hence the number that can be unemployed.

3. Unemployment and Underemployment rates vary according the nature of economic activity
predominant in the State. States with higher focus on seasonal agriculture tend to have higher
rates of underemployment compared to unemployment and may swing from high fulltime
employment during periods of planting and harvest when they are fully engaged on their farms to
periods of underemployment and even unemployment at other periods in between.

4. The Nigerian National Bureau of Statistics, like most countries in the world, uses a variant of the ILO
definition such that the unemployment is the proportion of those in the labor force (not in the entire
economic active population, nor the entire Nigerian population)

5. The non-labor force includes population below 15 or older than 64 as well as those within the
economically active population i.e. 15-64, who are unable to work, not actively seeking for work or
choose not to work and/or are not available for work. Examples of these are voluntary full-time housewives, underage children 14 and below, adults above 65, full
time students, those in active military service, physically challenged and incapacitated persons whose
incapacitation prevents them from working

7 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Employment, Unemployment and Underemployment Rate By State by SouthEastFacts: 3:21pm On Jan 09, 2018
Blue3k:

You are such a villager. You don't even know how interpret data. In order to understand data you have to see who is excluded from work force. Then see how they arrived at 71% participation rate.

You are still showing how uninformed you are.

Please Mr 'Data Understander' what does 21% underemployment rate means?
Re: Employment, Unemployment and Underemployment Rate By State by Blue3k(m): 3:26pm On Jan 09, 2018
SouthEastFacts:

[s]You are still showing how uninformed you are.

Please Mr 'Data Understander' what does 21% underemployment rate means?[/s]

Wow you're a hopeless case. I gave you definition verbatim and you're still asking same question. I gave you too much credit assuming you received village education.

Underemployment however occurs if you work less than full time hours, which is 40 hours, but work at 
least 20 hours on average a week and /or if you work full time but are engaged in an activity that 

3 Likes

Re: Employment, Unemployment and Underemployment Rate By State by SouthEastFacts: 3:34pm On Jan 09, 2018
Blue3k:

Wow you're a hopeless case. I gave you definition verbatim and you're still asking same question. I gave you too much credit assuming you received village education.

I am hopeless, good. Please what does 21% under-employment rate means. You that is not hopeless, tell us.

There is difference between copying what underemployment means and knowing what 21% rate means. Proof to us your not an illiterate like odua e-yoots loitering here.
Re: Employment, Unemployment and Underemployment Rate By State by Shuku0kukobambi: 3:44pm On Jan 09, 2018
SouthEastFacts:
Do you see why I don't take NBS and Made in Nigeria statistics serious.

They used proportion of the labour force (15-60 years) working in white collar jobs to measure employment rate. What happened to self employment?

Did anybody notice unemployment rate in almost Northern state are single digits, while the lowest in the SE is Anambra with about 13%.

Imagine Katsina with large population and without industries has an unemployment rate lower than Anambra.

Made in Nigeria Statistics continue.

But i'm sure you believe this from the same NBS? Since it helps you self-service uncontrollably over 'jibril' in aso rock? angry

https://www.nairaland.com/4275194/unemployment-fear-grows-more-nigerians
Re: Employment, Unemployment and Underemployment Rate By State by horsepower101: 3:49pm On Jan 09, 2018
londoner:
Interesting statistics, although not everyone is an employee. It would be great to see stats for business owners and the self employed. Many states opt for the lone trader route rather than being employed by a company or organisation.

I wonder if this study takes that into account in its definitions of employed and unemployed.

Exactly, Did they include business owners as employees or unemployed?

For example my cousins that live in onitsha doing business and building their houses in the village as we speak may be considered unemployed. And they don't own any physical shop.
Re: Employment, Unemployment and Underemployment Rate By State by Blue3k(m): 3:51pm On Jan 09, 2018
SouthEastFacts:

[s]I am hopeless, good. Please what does 21% under-employment rate means. You that is not hopeless, tell us.

There is difference between copying what underemployment means and knowing what 21% rate means. Proof to us your not an illiterate like odua e-yoots loitering here.[/s]

Lol your such an illiterate villager. This is ehy destroyed on yiur thread trying to disprove the statistics. All underemployment rate means is percentage of laforce who work less 20% a week or have their skills underutilized in full time position. Please do yourself a favor get some free village education.

horsepower101:

Exactly, Did they include business owners as employees or unemployed?

Read the definition of employed in the report. If you work for yourself you are obviously employed. Online business count towards employment or else seun would be considered unemployed.

4 Likes

Re: Employment, Unemployment and Underemployment Rate By State by Shuku0kukobambi: 3:54pm On Jan 09, 2018
horsepower101:

E[s]xactly, Did they include owners as employees or unemployed?

For example my cousins that live in onitsha doing business and building their houses in the village as we speak may be considered unemployed. And they don't own any physical shop.[/s]

We know there's gross illiteracy around you but yours is worse because blindness follow join!! Did you not see the below explanation in the report?

Employment and Unemployment

A person is regarded as employed if he/she is engaged in the production of goods and services, thereby contributing to the Gross Domestic Product (GDP) in a legitimate manner, which is a component of the national accounts and receives any form or amount of compensation for that activity. Any of these can cause fluctuations in the economically active and labor force population at any given time.

Of course your uncle shukudi selling gala @ Nkpor is captured in your meager figures as long as he's paid for it. In fact even pastor basil who exports white powder to malaysia must be there since he must have declared it as ugu in his documents!!

1 Like

Re: Employment, Unemployment and Underemployment Rate By State by wristbangle: 3:57pm On Jan 09, 2018
Why is this not on FP? sad
Re: Employment, Unemployment and Underemployment Rate By State by SouthEastFacts: 4:29pm On Jan 09, 2018
Blue3k:

Lol yiur such an illiterate villager. This is ehy destroyed on yiur thread trying to disprove the statistics. All underemployment rate means is percentage of laforce who work less 20% a week or have their skills underutilized in full time position. Please do yourself a favor get some free village education.
I was finding it difficult to understand your English.

You are such an illiterate for always equating part time jobs to underemployment. someone can hold part time jobs but still over employed. Can you say a Professor holding 2 part jobs in 2 other universities and a full time job in his own university is under-employed? or a full time accountant in a company but holding a part time job in a consulting firm is under employed? Will you also say a full time government doctor holding part time job in a private hospital is under-employed?

Under-employment is situation where people holds part time job while desiring for a full time job, over qualified for the work they are doing or doing a work that makes them idle. It is a significant cause of poverty and leads to lack of job satisfaction and high labour turn over rate.

So 21% under-employment means that 2 out of every 10 working Nigerians are not satisfied with their job, while 8 out of 10 working Nigerians are satisfied with their job.

If actually our under-employment rate is 21% as NBS stated, then relative poverty within Nigeria will be purely negligible, while absolute poverty will be very low. Labour turn over will be low. When Labour turn over is high it means people are not satisfied with their jobs.

Look at US for instance, as of May 2016, under employment rate was 13.7%

https://www.investopedia.com/terms/u/underemployment.asp

Voluntary Labour turn over was 12.8% while Total Labour turn over 17.8%
www.compensationforce.com/2017/04/2016-turnover-rates-by-industry.html

The official poverty rate in US was 13.5% according to the latest US Census Bureau estimate
https://poverty.ucdavis.edu/faq/what-current-poverty-rate-united-states

So you can see all these lies within common ratio. So if actually our under employment rate is 21%, it should reflect in our annual labour turn over rate, poverty rate, disposable income e.t.c. But in the case of Nigeria, they are all high.
Re: Employment, Unemployment and Underemployment Rate By State by Blue3k(m): 5:19pm On Jan 09, 2018
[s]
SouthEastFacts:

I was finding it difficult to understand your English.

You are such an illiterate for always equating part time jobs to underemployment. someone can hold part time jobs but still over employed. Can you say a Professor holding 2 part jobs in 2 other universities and a full time job in his own university is under-employed? or a full time accountant in a company but holding a part time job in a consulting firm is under employed? Will you also say a full time government doctor holding part time job in a private hospital is under-employed?

Under-employment is situation where people holds part time job while desiring for a full time job, over qualified for the work they are doing or doing a work that makes them idle. It is a significant cause of poverty and leads to lack of job satisfaction and high labour turn over rate.

So 21% under-employment means that 2 out of every 10 working Nigerians are not satisfied with their job, while 8 out of 10 working Nigerians are satisfied with their job.

If actually our under-employment rate is 21% as NBS stated, then relative poverty within Nigeria will be purely negligible, while absolute poverty will be very low. Labour turn over will be low. When Labour turn over is high it means people are not satisfied with their jobs.

Look at US for instance, as of May 2016, under employment rate was 13.7%

https://www.investopedia.com/terms/u/underemployment.asp

Voluntary Labour turn over was 12.8% while Total Labour turn over 17.8%
www.compensationforce.com/2017/04/2016-turnover-rates-by-industry.html

The official poverty rate in US was 13.5% according to the latest US Census Bureau estimate
https://poverty.ucdavis.edu/faq/what-current-poverty-rate-united-states

So you can see all these lies within common ratio. So if actually our under employment rate is 21%, it should reflect in our annual labour turn over rate, poverty rate, disposable income e.t.c. But in the case of Nigeria, they are all high.
[/s]

Illiterate villager copying text. Didn't I already give you full definition. It's sad this best response you can come up with is to repeat what already been said like a parrot. Nothing you posted is different from what NBS posted.

It's too pathetic yiubwoukd compare standard of living if high income country to lie income country. The data in this report not even supposed to be used for cross state analysis but your here comparing different countries. The second point you missed is fact turnover means the found new job hence the aren't unemployed.

The suitability of wages or job fulfilment is covered under other indices such as the living standard, poverty rate or happiness index, but not in determining whether one is employed, unemployed or underemployed, which is a function of economic engagement.

They are not meaauring turnover in this index. They already explained the parameters of this report.

1 Like

Re: Employment, Unemployment and Underemployment Rate By State by SouthEastFacts: 12:53pm On Jan 10, 2018
Blue3k:
[s][/s]

Illiterate villager copying text. Didn't I already give you full definition. It's sad this best response you can come up with is to repeat what already been said like a parrot. Nothing you posted is different from what NBS posted.

It's too pathetic yiubwoukd compare standard of living if high income country to lie income country. The data in this report not even supposed to be used for cross state analysis but your here comparing different countries. The second point you missed is fact turnover means the found new job hence the aren't unemployed.

They are not meaauring turnover in this index. They already explained the parameters of this report.
You are embarrasing your certificate. It is just a pity.

I wonder how you passed your WAEC. The question was simple, explain what 21% under-employment rate means and you were busy copying and pasting definition.

According to you, it means when 20% of the working population hold part job or engage in activity that under-utilize their skills. Oga, explain what that bla bla means to an illiterate. How does it mean on the economy?
Re: Employment, Unemployment and Underemployment Rate By State by Blue3k(m): 2:09pm On Jan 10, 2018
SouthEastFacts:

[s]You are embarrasing your certificate. It is just a pity.

I wonder how you passed your WAEC. The question was simple, explain what 21% under-employment rate means and you were busy copying and pasting definition.

According to you, it means when 20% of the working population hold part job or engage in activity that under-utilize their skills. Oga, explain what that bla bla means to an illiterate. How does it mean on the economy?[/s]

Hopeless village illertate. Even with all the facts and data in front of you you still struggle. I already did go back to previous post. You must be mentally challenged. Under employment definition explains everything you need to know. The big picture for the economy is simple either the workers need more hours or job that utiziles their skill to fullest. There's nothing more to add.

Stop saying according to me. The definition is there and similar all over world including in USA where you copy and pasted. Hopeless village illiterate this why your copy cat thread failed.
Re: Employment, Unemployment and Underemployment Rate By State by SouthEastFacts: 12:02pm On Jan 11, 2018
Blue3k:

Hopeless village illertate. Even with all the facts and data in front of you you still struggle. I already did go back to previous post. You must be mentally challenged. Under employment definition explains everything you need to know. The big picture for the economy is simple either the workers need more hours or job that utiziles their skill to fullest. There's nothing more to add.

Stop saying according to me. The definition is there and similar all over world including in USA where you copy and pasted. Hopeless village illiterate this why your copy cat thread failed.
You are still showing how illiterate you are. I am not going to give up on you until you learn.

Stop beating around the bush. What does 21% under-employment rate means. Explain this in detail and comprehensively to a village illiterate.

Going by your submission in bold, are you saying only 1 out of every 5 workers (i.e 21%)of the entire Nigerian working class need more hours or job that utilizes their skill to the fullest?
Re: Employment, Unemployment and Underemployment Rate By State by Blue3k(m): 12:20pm On Jan 11, 2018
SouthEastFacts:

[s]You are still showing how illiterate you are. I am not going to give up on you until you learn.

Stop beating around the bush. What does 21% under-employment rate means. Explain this in detail and comprehensively to a village illiterate.

Going by your submission in bold, are you saying only 1 out of every 5 workers (i.e 21%)of the entire Nigerian working class need more hours or job that utilizes their skill to the fullest?[/s]

Lol your the worst kind of village illterates at least others catch on. Anyway if you don't understand simple facts till now. I've told you what underemployment means 5 times. Yes that's all it means either debunk or shut up.
Re: Employment, Unemployment and Underemployment Rate By State by SouthEastFacts: 12:38pm On Jan 11, 2018
Blue3k:

Lol your the worst kind of village illterates at least others catch on. Anyway if you don't understand simple facts till now. I've told you what underemployment means 5 times. Yes that's all it means either debunk or shut up.
You must have fallen from the sky like oduduwa.

I am not asking you for the definition of under-employment. I am only asking you to explain comprehensively what 21% under-employment rate means such that a village illiterate can understand.

For instance, 9% inflation rate means the general price level has increased by 9%. Yes this is true. But to us Analysts, it means different things, it means the money you are currently holding just lost 9% of its value, the Labour Service have been undervalued by 9%. It means our economy is losing 9% of its true value through inefficiency of our Fiscal and Monetary policies.
To us, 9% inflation rate doesn't mean 9% increase in General Price Level, it means something deeper.

So what does 21% under-employment rate means?
Re: Employment, Unemployment and Underemployment Rate By State by Blue3k(m): 12:44pm On Jan 11, 2018
SouthEastFacts:

[s]You must have fallen from the sky like oduduwa.

I am not asking you for the definition of under-employment. I am only asking you to explain comprehensively what 21% under-employment rate means such that a village illiterate can understand.

For instance, 9% inflation rate means the general price level has increased by 9%. Yes this is true. But to us Analysts, it means different things, it means the money you are currently holding just lost 9% of its value, the Labour Service have been undervalued by 9%. It means our economy is losing 9% of its true value through inefficiency of our Fiscal and Monetary policies.
To us, 9% inflation rate doesn't mean 9% increase in General Price Level, it means something deeper.

So what does 21% under-employment rate means?[/s]

Village illiterate asking same question over and over. You just change the words slightly each time. Lol how mentally inept can you be at this point. Refer to previous post instead of being acting slow. The work work force isn't working at full economic productivity plain and simple.

The definition of inflation explains both parts. Just like definition of underemployment explains everything you needs to know.
Re: Employment, Unemployment and Underemployment Rate By State by SouthEastFacts: 12:49pm On Jan 11, 2018
Blue3k:

Village illiterate asking same question over and over. You just change the words slightly each time. Lol how mentally inept can you be at this point. Refer to previous post instead of being acting slow.
Apart from throwing insults like kids what other thing do you know?

I know you are poor in comprehension. I have always maintained the same question: explain what 21% under-employment means comprehensively.
Re: Employment, Unemployment and Underemployment Rate By State by Blue3k(m): 12:54pm On Jan 11, 2018
SouthEastFacts:

[s]Apart from throwing insults like kids what other thing do you know?

I know you are poor in comprehension. I have always maintained the same question: explain what 21% under-employment means comprehensively.[/s]

Refer to my previous post instead of being mentally challenged. The definition tells you everything you need to know. I wont stop mocking you to you quit being lazy village illiterate or stop mentioning.

Unemployment shows the workforce isn't working a full productivity. Any keep asking sane question over and over. It must be part of your culture to ask redundant questions at infinitum.
Re: Employment, Unemployment and Underemployment Rate By State by SouthEastFacts: 12:56pm On Jan 11, 2018
Blue3k:

Village illiterate asking same question over and over. You just change the words slightly each time. Lol how mentally inept can you be at this point. Refer to previous post instead of being acting slow. The work work force isn't working at full economic productivity plain and simple.

The definition of inflation explains both parts. Just like definition of underemployment explains everything you needs to know.
You are still defining under-employment. Let me rephrase the question:
What is the effect of an economy operating at 21% underemployment rate on standard of living and general working condition?

On a Full Employment Scale of 1-10, where will you place an economy with 21% underemployment rate?
Re: Employment, Unemployment and Underemployment Rate By State by Blue3k(m): 1:05pm On Jan 11, 2018
SouthEastFacts:

You are still defining under-employment. Let me rephrase the question:
What is the effect of an economy operating at 21% underemployment rate on standard of living and general working condition?

On a Full Employment Scale of 1-10, where will you place an economy with 21% underemployment rate?

You didn't rephrase question villager you asked new one finally. You asked what does unemployment mean like 10 times. The effect of under employment on the population is lower standard of living since the won't at full productivity. You won't be able to buy as much or save. They economy suffers because people working below their below productivity don't contribute to GDP as much they could have if they were employed.

The working conditions can't be same because jobs are different. I don't care to rate it. I would give it 6 since its arbitrary.
Re: Employment, Unemployment and Underemployment Rate By State by Nobody: 1:08pm On Jan 11, 2018
Blue3k....... Pls, leave this guy alone. Don't let him waste ur time jare.

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply)

Nigeria Customs Ranks Low In World Bank Efficiency Report / The State Of Osun Under APC And Aregbesola In Pictures / Throw Back RCCG Petitions Jonathan…to Stage One Million-man Protest

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 100
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.