Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,338 members, 7,808,194 topics. Date: Thursday, 25 April 2024 at 08:27 AM

What Is The Validity Period Of A UTME Result? - Education - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Education / What Is The Validity Period Of A UTME Result? (1724 Views)

House Of Reps Asks JAMB To Extend Validity Of UTME Results To Three Years / Oau Post Utme Result 2017/2018 Is Out- See How To Check Oau PostUtme Result Here / OOU Post-utme Result 2017 Has Been Released (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

What Is The Validity Period Of A UTME Result? by MexicanWolf: 6:00pm On Jan 04, 2018
In October 2017 the news was all over the place that the Nigerian Senate has extended the validity period Of UTME results.

Nothing else has been heard of this wonderful initiative. The emphasis now is on how much JAMB generated for the federal government.

The question is: Is JAMB now a revenue generation body on a par with the FIRS or the Nigerian Customs? Should JAMB be generating revenue at all?

My cousin wrote the UTME last year. She scored 280. For one reason or another she could not secure admission into any university. I can bet there are thousands of people in the same boat.

I think it will be patently wicked and unfair to ask them to write the same examination this year just so JAMB can generate the billions and billions it likes to talk about.

JAMB should clear the air on this all important matter.
Re: What Is The Validity Period Of A UTME Result? by Nobody: 6:14pm On Jan 04, 2018
MexicanWolf:

The question is: Is JAMB now a revenue generation body on a par with the FIRS or the Nigerian Customs? Should JAMB be generating revenue at all?

Yes. The sales of forms money is revenue for the federal government, and should be remitted to the federation's account. As for the validity period of the UTME results, I don't think it's been implimented by JAMB and Universities.
Re: What Is The Validity Period Of A UTME Result? by MexicanWolf: 7:22am On Jan 05, 2018
kimbraa:
Yes. The sales of forms money is revenue for the federal government, and should be remitted to the federation's account. As for the validity period of the UTME results, I don't think it's been implimented by JAMB and Universities.

Selling 2 million forms? What is the total available places is all our universities and polytechnics combined? Is it up to 500,000?

This is wicked and exploitative. Still, we need JAMB to clarify this.

(1) (Reply)

UNIBEN Admission List 2018/2019 1st And Second Batch Is Officiallly Out Online / UK Admission/visa Processing Tips / Nnpc Undergraduate Scholarship And Current Jobs Vacancies

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 9
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.