Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,296 members, 7,808,008 topics. Date: Thursday, 25 April 2024 at 02:46 AM

Please Dont Start A Blog,look For A Good Job - Webmasters (4) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Science/Technology / Webmasters / Please Dont Start A Blog,look For A Good Job (14059 Views)

SEO: What Search Engines Look For When Ranking Your Site / A First Hand Beginners Guide To Blogging - How To Start A Blog In Nigeria / Can One Operate A Blog With Just An Android Mobile Phone? (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Please Dont Start A Blog,look For A Good Job by 3html: 11:09am On Jan 05, 2018
1nigeriamyfoot:

forget bro, op was very right.
I run a blog but I only use it to promote my services but not to get adsense or any ads from outsider whatsoever.
Forget lindaikeji stories, there's more to her story. besides, she's ex model and has lots of side hustle.
Let me be honest with you, most of these top blogger ran many ponzi schemes and dubious programs in the past but still doing it.

Even some upcoming bloggers are not exempted, do you know that Vivian host and her brother ran more than 10different ponzi scheme? Do you realize how much they made from that scam?
When she comes out now to start preaching that blogging pays, many people will jump and start blogging not knowing that its all lies.

Note: Am not saying that you can't makes money from blogging but not as people sugar coated it because it requires lots of hard work and creativity to makes money from blog

Ok thanks ur believe go with it, like I said blogging is not for everyone.

From my experience and those I came in contact with blogging worth it.... I make 100k in a month how many bankers can boast of that?
Re: Please Dont Start A Blog,look For A Good Job by fajob: 11:15am On Jan 05, 2018
Our Professional Training On Web Design Is Open For New Registration

Registration is Open!!!

Venue :Suite 3, Oremeji street, Pleasure B/stop Iyana Ipaja, . Lagos

Lecture Holds Weekly: On Mondays, Wednesdays. and Fridays

Lecture Time: Classes Begin by 10am - 3pm

Web Design & Development
Weekday (₦60k) Weekend (₦65k).....8weeks

Web Development
Weekday (₦35k) Weekend (₦40k).....4weeks

Web Design
Weekday (₦35k) Weekend (₦40k).....4weeks

Lecture Holds Weekends:Saturdays (10am- 4pm)
Courses Include;

HTML,
CSS,
DREAMWEAVER,
FIREWORKS,
BOOTSTRAP,
BLOGGING,
WORDPRESS
MYSQL,
JQUERY,.
PHP
e.t.c.

OTHERS :DIGITAL MARKETING

DOMAIN NAME REGISTRATION, WEB HOSTING, GOOGLE ADWORDS AND ADSENSE, SEARCH ENGINE OPTIMIZATION
E-MAIL MARKETING, WEBSITE MARKETING

Manuals: Manuals and Videos will be available for requesting candidates.

Its 100% Practical Guaranteed
To register CALL/WHATSAPP

www.jolagict.com

Get the Skill! Get the money!
Re: Please Dont Start A Blog,look For A Good Job by ibietela2(m): 11:27am On Jan 05, 2018
3html:
I guess you are right, people now follow celebrities on their instagram and Twitter handle to get the information at first hand.

But truth be told it depends on what u put on about celebrities......
Like Linda ikeji siblings and house
Will buhari contesting for president in 2019?

Is pet edochi dead or alive?
20 nollywood actors that died in 2017
So on n so forth...
But if u now started talking about
Psquare visits unilag and Romans one girl
Buhari commission rail line in Kano
Buhari travel to space
Lindaikeji in cubana hotel ... And mind you you copied this from other blogs and such information is on hundreds of blog too... My brother u won't get traffic unless u want to advertise on Facebook nd Google.

Lindaikeji has diversified.

But to me the biggest blog in Nigeria now is naij.com it has much article that makes sense.... That u hardly find on their homepage except through search engines.

Nairaland on the other hand don't believe in advertisement, I have never seen where seun advertised his blog on Facebook or Google.
But most of my friends are following naij on Facebook.

There is a time your business needs Advert to push it to the next level. I believe by now 5 out of everything 10 of every Internet user in Nigeria should be following nairaland.com on Facebook.

Nairaland is a forum

1 Like

Re: Please Dont Start A Blog,look For A Good Job by obisujservices: 11:32am On Jan 05, 2018
Are you an Entrepreneur or Small business owner!!!!
Get a beautiful webstore/website or Blog + online payment gateway + Official email Addresses as low as N25,000 Today.

And drive sales through a rich marketplace & online resellers/affiliates.

Contact us today
We at Obisuj Services And Host Your Professional Responsive Website within 24hours, with personalized email address. Your Location Does Not Matter We Deliver, All Website Hosting Are for 1 year. For Samples Of Jobs Done For Companies visit our website obisujservices.com ... Call now 090-229-20-729
[color=#770077][/color]

Re: Please Dont Start A Blog,look For A Good Job by webincomeplus(m): 11:45am On Jan 05, 2018
Goodboy41:
please educate me about amzon how to increase earning with them i just registered 2 months now. But what am seeing on my bar chart graph is 1.25 dolars
I'd say getting results after just 2 months is a great feat, if you ask me. My advice is that you should keep on intensifying on whatever you did to earn that. With time, your site will rank higher for your target keywords, and your earnings will increase accordingly. Find more keywords and craft detailed posts around each of them.
Re: Please Dont Start A Blog,look For A Good Job by webincomeplus(m): 11:48am On Jan 05, 2018
hedonistical:

Quick question bro, do you think a blog with the misfortune of having a dot NG domain can ever cut it internationally? Can a dot NG domain blog get massive consistent organic traffic from top tier countries - particularly the United States and Canada? Especially for wellbeing niches targeted at visitors from these countries?
Why did you tag a .ng domain a misfortune? It's not! It has its own benefits and can bring great results when used correctly. That said, a .ng domain name will struggle a bit internationally because it's a country-specific TLD. By registering a .ng domain, you already instructed search engines indirectly to regard yor site as one that caters only to Nigerians. So, if you want a domain name that will do well internationally, stick with the .com, .org, and other others that aren'tc country-specific.
Re: Please Dont Start A Blog,look For A Good Job by ernieboy(m): 11:51am On Jan 05, 2018
3html:

...Nairaland on the other hand don't believe in advertisement, I have never seen where seun advertised his blog on Facebook or Google. ..
when did nairaland become a blog?
Re: Please Dont Start A Blog,look For A Good Job by webincomeplus(m): 11:51am On Jan 05, 2018
sharpwriter:

But wait o... Amazon things will be purchased more by usa Canada residents and foreigners... how do you gain sufficient foreign traffic to earn you that much?
Yes, you'll be promoting to US and Canadian traffic. And that's why you don't really need much traffuc to make headway. Just Google "how to set up an Amazon affiliate site" and read as many resources as possible. It's not easy, though. But I think it's more interesting and slightly easier than Adsense.

1 Like

Re: Please Dont Start A Blog,look For A Good Job by uprightman(m): 11:52am On Jan 05, 2018
Otyemmanuel:
When I saw the headline on the first page I was annoyed with whoever the writer was, but I can understand your point now. There are some truths in what you are saying. I started my blog since 2016, and it is only last December that I began seeing some reasonable traffic and money. Thank God I persisted. I think it's all about sticking there and reinvesting the little money you make. Blogging is saturated though.
Op is right in some ways. Guys selling Adsense account make people believe that it is easy to make money immediately you buy their AdSense
Re: Please Dont Start A Blog,look For A Good Job by ogbu80(m): 12:26pm On Jan 05, 2018
usoroakpan:
i knw a lot of people think that blogging is a sharp way to success,but am telling you that blogging is harder than studying medicine. I mean professional blogging nt copy and paste. The truth is that blogging sphere is saturated and to be since new comers hav less than 1% chance to succeed except u hav more than 10million naira for promotion just like naij.com. Blogging require sacrifice,and patience,can u sacrife daily and wait 4 d next 4 years to earn. Thats a no. All niches you can think of hav bin filled even useles niches like slippers niche lol. My dear wannabe bloggers dnt be fooled by the income reports bloggers flaunt online,their main aim is to sell something to you, if they were actualy making such money they wil kip shut to avoid competition. Get a job first pls,a gud job that wil be feeding u,leave lindaikeji story alone,there are a lot to her succees than wat u are seeing,if you are webmaster that can calculate traffic and earnings you wil question her kind of wealth
well said bro
Re: Please Dont Start A Blog,look For A Good Job by IamShiningStar(f): 12:37pm On Jan 05, 2018
Blogging pays and will continue to pay once you know what you're doing and how well to go about that. Yeah, you need perseverance/ determination , hardwork plus Grace. And I assure you, you will be smiling to the bank.
Re: Please Dont Start A Blog,look For A Good Job by hedonistical: 12:51pm On Jan 05, 2018
webincomeplus:

Why did you tag a .ng domain a misfortune? It's not! It has its own benefits and can bring great results when used correctly. That said, a .ng domain name will struggle a bit internationally because it's a country-specific TLD. By registering a .ng domain, you already instructed search engines indirectly to regard yor site as one that caters only to Nigerians. So, if you want a domain name that will do well internationally, stick with the .com, .org, and other others that aren'tc country-specific.

Well, your response shows why I consider having a dot NG domain to be a misfortune. The fact that it will struggle to get good international traffic. And of course, international traffic is where the big money is (high CPC, Amazon, etc). I assume there is no way around it (the blog is long running already)

Having said that, what are the monetisation advantages of a dot NG domain blog, and how best should one harness it?
Re: Please Dont Start A Blog,look For A Good Job by MrOlai: 1:43pm On Jan 05, 2018
Many people do 'runs' underneath and hide under the guise of some professions!

3 Likes

Re: Please Dont Start A Blog,look For A Good Job by Greatzeus(m): 3:40pm On Jan 05, 2018
jetroolowole:
The poster is shortsighted and that is one of the problems of Nigeria bloggers. Most Nigerian bloggers are lazy and don't have neither the skill or budget to build a lasting blogging business.

Majority of them started blogging when they are broke and expect to hit some fortune just by copying and pasting some gossip on their blog.

Blogging is a real business and unless you approach it as such, you are preparing for failure. You must have a plan and stick by it.

Aside that, when going into blogging you must have an active income that will allow you to grow your blog and scale up your investment.

Take myself for instance, I am a web designer and pro blogger but when I decided to launch my official blog - http://jetroolowole.com I know exactly how much I will invest, where my income will come from, how long I have to wait to start making tangible income and how I will scale up my investment. So far, my blog is less than a year but despite designing it myself, I have spent over N100,000. I have been making a bit of cash here and there but I am not bothered. Besides, I already decided, I will not use Google AdSense.

So, like any business, it's all about your approach and plan and your willingness to make it succeed.

By the way, I will officially be launching THE PASSIVE BLOGGERS program on January 8. In the meantime, you can join the 2018 Income Tutors Bootcamp at https:///incometutorsbootcamp
You are bashing the op,if we put it to a vote I bet 99.9% of those reading this post have never heard of your blog.
Jetro ko, Jerusalem Ni
The traffic you get are may be just "search and end up in one mumu blog" who wakes up in a day or picks a phone to log on to one jetro undecided except you of course,the admin grin
A lot of bloggers have come here to sale their blog for N5k and less,many will still do. If they have a side job that pays them,they would have endure and keep pushing, hoping for something better. This is what op is saying. Don't put all your eggs in one bag,so that you will not be disappointed,if success doesn't come immediately,cos it will likely not come immediately.
All those guys mentioning Linda,she made more than N500m from Gej for compaign promotion, people and businesses pay her for advert too,morons.
Re: Please Dont Start A Blog,look For A Good Job by DonX001: 3:54pm On Jan 05, 2018
LegitBoy:
Do you think a blog on "law" generally will enjoy wide audience ?

Yes, if you approach it in a way that discusses what the everyday man needs to know about law, in an interesting way with engaging titles.
Eg See how not doing ------- can land you in jail. Or "What you need to know about ---- to avoid going to jail". Or 10 crazy loopholes in our current legal system".

Plus interesting simple analyses on major legal cases going on in the country at the time, to draw traffic, eg ones that involve politicians.

Make it simple and interesting to the average man on the street, not technical jargon that only you and your fellow "learned colleagues" can understand.

You can definitely make a living out of this niche, especially if you are a practicing lawyer, from branding, popularity,credibility, people coming to book cases with you.

See what Nairaland's Omonile Lawyer is doing with his site- www.omonilelawyer.com.
I'm reasonably sure he's making a significant fortune in his practice.

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Please Dont Start A Blog,look For A Good Job by DonX001: 4:13pm On Jan 05, 2018
webincomeplus:

What exactly are these benefits of registering a .ng domain name in this our country particularly.
C you enlighten me on the benefits?
I've always wondered why someone would fork out N12k or more to register a .ng domain name, when they could register a .com domain name for N3k or less, and when a .com domain name is more globally oriented.
Thanks.
Re: Please Dont Start A Blog,look For A Good Job by 1nigeriamyfoot: 5:11pm On Jan 05, 2018
webincomeplus:

Yes, you'll be promoting to US and Canadian traffic. And that's why you don't really need much traffuc to make headway. Just Google "how to set up an Amazon affiliate site" and read as many resources as possible. It's not easy, though. But I think it's more interesting and slightly easier than Adsense.

Undiluted fact
Re: Please Dont Start A Blog,look For A Good Job by 1nigeriamyfoot: 5:15pm On Jan 05, 2018
DonX001:

Yes, if you approach it in a way that discusses what the everyday man needs to know about law, in an interesting way with engaging titles.
Eg See how not doing ------- can land you in jail. Or "What you need to know about ---- to avoid going to jail". Or 10 crazy loopholes in our current legal system".

Plus interesting simple analyses on major legal cases going on in the country at the time, to draw traffic, eg ones that involve politicians.

Make it simple and interesting to the average man on the street, not technical jargon that only you and your fellow "learned colleagues" can understand.

You can definitely make a living out of this niche, especially if you are a practicing lawyer, from branding, popularity,credibility, people coming to book cases with you.

See what Nairaland's Omonile Lawyer is doing with his site- www.omonilelawyer.com.

You are very right, the guy is using his blog to promote his services but its really paying.
One of the best way to earn from your blog very fast is to offer services. I have never bothered myself to apply for adsense in the past because I always have the thought that it will not enable me to market my own services using my blog.
Re: Please Dont Start A Blog,look For A Good Job by LegitBoy(m): 5:55pm On Jan 05, 2018
DonX001:

Thanks a bunch for taking your time to respond to my question...i will do as you advised.
Re: Please Dont Start A Blog,look For A Good Job by uprightman(m): 7:08pm On Jan 05, 2018
webincomeplus:

I tried to make call to Amazon but it is not connecting
Re: Please Dont Start A Blog,look For A Good Job by Kcconcept(m): 8:53pm On Jan 05, 2018
nairalandfreak:
Dude... You dont knwo what you are saying.... We make good money, i mean the established ones amongst us.. I was inspired by Linda's story in 2013.. Today i have masters degree people working in my news platform.. And we make good money i mean millions... Even tho i am still an average guy... See sites like Naij make nothing less than 50million a month... Don't forget thta we have what is called direct advert from companies like MTN, BANKS, COCA COLA and so on each pay as high as 600k per month... Imaging having 6 of that kinda ads on your site? That is aside sponsored posts and your adsense gangan... Believe me... Stop beefing... Linda makes that money if you don,'t know.. You dont know!..

Modified * i'm not bragging but by next month i should start making as much as $12000, mind you im not a cheap blogger.. Im a news publisher with 5 people working on my site.. If you do it right you will make money right... It is not for the lazy! Or Dumb!

Modified again.. I wish i could tell you more but from my experience... Linda actually makes more thnan you are even seeing... Trust me!

Below is my earnings and im not even in top 400 in nigeria...

I've never typed this long on Nairaland
i just sent you an email bro, i hope its not offensive in anyway
Re: Please Dont Start A Blog,look For A Good Job by DonX001: 8:59pm On Jan 05, 2018
1nigeriamyfoot:

You are very right, the guy is using his blog to promote his services but its really paying.
One of the best way to earn from your blog very fast is to offer services. I have never bothered myself to apply for adsense in the past because I always have the thought that it will not enable me to market my own services using my blog.

True. If you have services to offer, a blog is a great way to boost your income.
Re: Please Dont Start A Blog,look For A Good Job by 3html: 10:01pm On Jan 05, 2018
ernieboy:

when did nairaland become a blog?
Stop that Mr man.... Every business needs Advert to push to the next Level. Is nairaland.com not a business entity?
So you mean that advert can only be done on a blog?
What about Facebook which is massively advertising day in day out.

Let people know your products and what is all about thats advertisement.

It can be don't on ,instagram, Google search, Facebook, by sponsoring a nairaland.com Facebook page...
Re: Please Dont Start A Blog,look For A Good Job by Nobody: 10:43pm On Jan 05, 2018
3html:
U are wrong it depends on ur skills and ability to provide relevant information.

Not news like buhari and Aisha.... Or buhari commission a rail line in Kaduna.

Information that can solve real time problem
That's my earnings as at 9.06 pm today
Mind u traffic are low now there are times I male 17 to 20$ and the blog was open October last week year. And I have over 5000 visitors per day, at times 3000 and over 10k to 15k page views

U might say money generated is low .. Yes it's based on Nigeria audience so u require much traffic to make a $

All traffic from Google....

You made reference to naij.com, have you taken ur time to analyze the site...... Naij.com traffic comes majorly from Google not even Facebook.... There is a post I searched through Google and landed on naij page... Guess what they have gotten over 130k visitors in just 2weeks on that single post alone and naij have over 50,000 of such post
blogging don cast, gain insight into the future..... study trends, research ad see what will be the goldmine in ten years. This is a problem with many Nigerians where they think because A made it from a business B can make it too. There are businesses that go with time and season, IT is one of such. The time for blogging is past, it was when internet, most especially the advent of mobile internet dawned on us. even people like Linda that made money from blogging has started venturing into some other business, thats to tell you there isnt much money there again..... Think Think Think! there are opportunities of the future, you want some PM!
Re: Please Dont Start A Blog,look For A Good Job by zinosleek(m): 7:06am On Jan 06, 2018
You don't have to monetize your blog with just one source, I am adding Amazon into my plan now.
www.wikizino.com.ng
Re: Please Dont Start A Blog,look For A Good Job by ernieboy(m): 12:01pm On Jan 06, 2018
3html:
Stop that Mr man.... Every business needs Advert to push to the next Level. Is nairaland.com not a business entity?
So you mean that advert can only be done on a blog?
What about Facebook which is massively advertising day in day out.

Let people know your products and what is all about thats advertisement.

It can be don't on ,instagram, Google search, Facebook, by sponsoring a nairaland.com Facebook page...
I know every business needs advert but u did not answer my question or u don't know the difference between a forum and a blog, maybe every website to u is a blog.LOL.
Re: Please Dont Start A Blog,look For A Good Job by 3html: 12:33pm On Jan 06, 2018
ernieboy:

I know every business needs advert but u did not answer my question or u don't know the difference between a forum and a blog, maybe every website to u is a blog.LOL.
A forum is a website where visitors serves as contributors, they are allowed to post topics just like the admin but don't have backend control like the admin.

While a blog is just a website where the admin does everything why visitors are only restricted to the comment section. Although some blogs accept guests post.

All of them both blog and forum does one thing which is to pass information across board.
So how does that restrict carrying out advert / promotion to only blog?

The way u are shouting forum forum as if it's one big stuff...
Re: Please Dont Start A Blog,look For A Good Job by ernieboy(m): 12:42pm On Jan 06, 2018
3html:

A forum is a website where visitors serves as contributors, they are allowed to post topics just like the admin but don't have backend control like the admin.

While a blog is just a website where the admin does everything why visitors are only restricted to the comment section. Although some blogs accept guests post.

All of them both blog and forum does one thing which is to pass information across board.
So how does that restrict carrying out advert / promotion to only blog?

The way u are shouting forum forum as if it's one big stuff...
so why were u referring to naiiraland as a forum. FYI I said I said as never against advertising. there are different resources inline, forums, social media, blogs, in mal websites, file hosts etc.
Re: Please Dont Start A Blog,look For A Good Job by scott12(m): 12:23am On Jan 08, 2018
Please I want to start a blog. Bloggers in the house kindly reach me.
Re: Please Dont Start A Blog,look For A Good Job by adeptniyi(m): 6:27pm On Jan 10, 2018
oh dear come off it, it is blogging when it is done by everyone, but too some of us it is i a vision in itself, Nigeria at the moment don't have 30% fraction of the number of successful website in the USA.

There is always a place for anyone and everyone in blogging, if you do it professionally and bring in some Business orientation, then you should attain your desires, if your dreams are strong enoug hand you believe in yourself, you can get investors to put money in your platform.

Nigeria is still green for bloggers, many of the contents on the top page are contents that are not that detailed, very short and less than 300 pages, in the coming years more internet users are coming, many people will be lost and unable to keep up in a worlds of fast moving technological changes so they need some platforms to bear them on it wings, if you have a business strategy, you do it officially, you address the main issues then you will surely get to the top of your aspirations.

This time we need minds that can challenge the stausquo, internet started as a thing of fun or so to say a play thing, that is why many Nigerians are given to comic, entertainment, gist blogs. but i can see something more trendy in business, in health, in entrepreneur and all that.

saying no one can succeed in Nigeria as a blogger is like saying no one can succeed in nigeria starting a business, nthing good comes easy for every entrepreneur.

The way to go is, have a main source of income, then havee your blog on the side, make it as professional and official as possible, create better and evergreen contents, do more research into what people are coming to the internet to find, do it consistently well (learning on all the methodologies and strategies of blogging),

Don't look for shortcut or you will be cut short.

in 365 days comewback here to tell us your online business is well established, if it is not then it just might mean you cant do anything successfully...and i doubt people like that exist.

GOODLUCK!!

1 Like

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (Reply)

The Web Has Become Really Annoying / Ransomware Attacks 2017: What Is Ransomware And How To Prevent, Stop Ransomware / All Web Designers In Nigeria Are Amateurs

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 97
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.