Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,148,986 members, 7,803,271 topics. Date: Saturday, 20 April 2024 at 12:41 PM

How My Duvet/Comforter/Blanket Almost Shocked Me To Death In My Sleep - Health - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Health / How My Duvet/Comforter/Blanket Almost Shocked Me To Death In My Sleep (5177 Views)

Vets Pull Out Full-Size Blanket Swallowed By A 13-Foot Pet Burmese Python / Child Swallowed A Lighter, Had Surgery But Doctors Shocked By What They Saw / The Wonderful Cbd Oil Price Shocked Me! (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

How My Duvet/Comforter/Blanket Almost Shocked Me To Death In My Sleep by agbajesaid(m): 9:58pm On Jan 04, 2018
I won't really explain much because i guess others have experienced it too. I was having strong electric shock repeatedly yesternight. I initially thought there was a naked wire on my mattrass till i noticed it's from the duvet. I then remembered my basic knowledge of physics on static electricity. It will be rampant during this harmattan season. Infact,the duvet was producing light spark. Please lalasticlala , mynd44 should move it to front page to sensitize people/equally save live. The static electric shock is life threatning. The best thing is to avoid Duvet this harmattan season.
Re: How My Duvet/Comforter/Blanket Almost Shocked Me To Death In My Sleep by marooh: 10:10pm On Jan 04, 2018
Am coming to ur house to charge my phone with ur duvet grin

5 Likes

Re: How My Duvet/Comforter/Blanket Almost Shocked Me To Death In My Sleep by otonye12(m): 10:42pm On Jan 04, 2018
marooh:
grin
marooh:
Re: How My Duvet/Comforter/Blanket Almost Shocked Me To Death In My Sleep by biafraisdead(m): 11:08pm On Jan 04, 2018
agbajesaid:
I won't really explain much because i guess others have experienced it too. I was having strong electric shock repeatedly yesternight. I initially thought there was a naked wire on my mattrass till i noticed it's from the duvet. I then remembered my basic knowledge of physics on static electricity. It will be rampant during this harmattan season. Infact,the duvet was producing light spark. Please lalasticlala , mynd44 should move it to front page to sensitize people/equally save live. The static electric shock is light threatning. The best thing is to avoid Duvet this harmattan season.
first of all do u know it's not everyone that knows what a 'duvet' is?
Re: How My Duvet/Comforter/Blanket Almost Shocked Me To Death In My Sleep by BlackDBagba: 11:42pm On Jan 04, 2018
grin
Re: How My Duvet/Comforter/Blanket Almost Shocked Me To Death In My Sleep by teemanbastos(m): 11:46pm On Jan 04, 2018
wetin be duvet abeg?
my clothes cracks tho, the static electricity shi
Re: How My Duvet/Comforter/Blanket Almost Shocked Me To Death In My Sleep by agbajesaid(m): 3:56am On Jan 05, 2018
teemanbastos:
wetin be duvet abeg?

my clothes cracks tho, the static electricity shi
slightly similar to COMFORTER or BLANKET

1 Like

Re: How My Duvet/Comforter/Blanket Almost Shocked Me To Death In My Sleep by emmanuilteleshe(m): 9:25pm On May 27, 2020
I've heard these stories before, so I don't trust electric blankets. I really like the soft weighted blanket that I cover myself with. It makes me feel so comfortable that I feel like I'm lying on a cloud. And I can say that I can't sleep well without my blanket, so I always take it with me when I travel. If you want to see what my favorite blanket looks like, you can find it here and find out what size weighted blanket to get. Because there are blankets for children, too. I'm glad I found it because I've solved my sleep problems and I sleep feeling positive and comfortable.
Re: How My Duvet/Comforter/Blanket Almost Shocked Me To Death In My Sleep by Nobody: 10:08pm On May 27, 2020
Interesting ke
Re: How My Duvet/Comforter/Blanket Almost Shocked Me To Death In My Sleep by TriciaRay: 7:44am On Mar 22, 2021
Better refuse of using it, it can be dangerous

1 Like

Re: How My Duvet/Comforter/Blanket Almost Shocked Me To Death In My Sleep by TriciaRay: 12:19pm On Mar 29, 2021
BadyBoy:

I agree with you, even a spark from charging your phone is dangerous. If the current is shorting somewhere, then you can be killed as a result of a power surge. Better not to make experiments with electrical gadgets. I prefer to cover with a knitted blanket at night, it is really very cozy, soft, and safe. Honestly, I would advise using your ordinary weighted blanket as a piece of wardrobe if you are cold and you need additional insulation. More than that, 2 pairs of socks and wool clothes can help you in winter. If your feet will be always warm, you will never freeze and get ill.
Thank you for your response. Is this the cheapest option that we can find around?

(1) (Reply)

I Need A Book Of Yoruba Herbs And Their English Names. / COVID-19 Update For September 25 2021 In Nigeria / Men: Dangers Of Wearing Dirty Underwear

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 30
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.