Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,148,688 members, 7,801,983 topics. Date: Friday, 19 April 2024 at 07:25 AM

What Was The Strongest Addiction You've Ever Have? And How Did You Overcome? - Romance - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Romance / What Was The Strongest Addiction You've Ever Have? And How Did You Overcome? (3760 Views)

Drop That Bad HABBIT Or ADDICTION You've Been Struggling With For ADVICE / What Is The Most Stupid Thing You've Ever Done Because Of Love? / 10 Pictures You Can Relate To If You've Ever Dated A Feminist (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (Reply) (Go Down)

What Was The Strongest Addiction You've Ever Have? And How Did You Overcome? by iamleumas: 7:15am On Jan 05, 2018
Earlier this morning, I came across a thread "My Brother Is Addicted To Weed And Now Tutolin, HELP!" and that reminded me of how I battled with masturbation for over 5 years.

So, what was my own addiction?
Masturbation

HOW DID IT START?
It all started in 2012 like play like play when I came across an article about masturbation & I indulged in the dreadful act for over 4 years (A minimum of 5 times in a week).
I'm just too addictive to the extend that on a particular day, I had the urge to do it & I don't have any cream or lubricant at home to stimulate my d*ck, guess what? I started spitting saliva on the thing & I began to rub it upandan! embarassed
And many other experiences like that...

WHAT WERE IT'S EFFECTS ON ME THEN?
I can vividly tell you that excess masturbation have a lot of side effects in which I witnessed then:
- I always feel drained & guilty after doing it
- It affected my thinking, I couldn't think straight like an adult!
- Whenever I see a lady, sexual thoughts will just come upon me & I'll start imagining what the girl would have underneath! sad
- It turned me to an introvert (I hate being among people & don't like communicating with others)
- I easily forget things.
- It corrupted my mind
- I can't really focus on any other thing unless I satisfy the urge for masturbation
- It affected my spiritual life, and lots more.

HOW DID I STOP MASTURBATION TOTALLY?
Mehn! Stopping masturbation is the most difficult thing I've ever undergone in my life. Because the more I try to stop, the intense the urge for it. I can still remember very well on a particular day, I decided to go on 3 days fasting and prayer.
Day 1: I didn't masturbate cool
Day 2: I didn't masturbate cool
Day 3: Lo and behold, I broke the fast with masturbation! shocked sad cry

In fact, I cannot count the number if threads I've opened on nairaland and other forums in search for how to overcome masturbation addiction.

Also, at times I read many articles on how to overcome masturbation but yet, none of it seems to be working for me.
It was that time I lost all hope about quitting it.

So, how did I finally overcome masturbation?

After a series of failed attempts to stop masturbation, I finally got a working solution! cheesy cool
On February 19, 2017, [/b]I made a [b]strong vow to myself never to indulge in the act again and i ruminated so much on many things on that day, such as:
How did I start masturbating?
What are the things that always lead me into masturbation?
When do I masturbate most?,
etc

After getting answers to the above,
I decided to take some measures and it has been helping me since February 19, 2017.

These measures are:
- If I must come online, I don't stay long on social networks like before
- I rarely sub on my Android phone to avoid visiting xvid......
- I chose to be browsing in the public rather than in private
- Anytime I notice a lady wearing provocative dress, I tried not to look at her
- I took time to do other stuffs that'll keep me busy like visiting a friend, watching football, reading books, etc.
- I avoided staying too long in the bathroom
- I got rid of oily creams in my domain
- I avoid anything that can make me have sexual thoughts
- I avoided staying alone
- I avoided watching/viewing romantic movies/images, and many other things.

Please share with us how you also overcome yours so that other people can learn from it...

So, what's your own strongest addiction and how did You overcome it?

12 Likes 2 Shares

Re: What Was The Strongest Addiction You've Ever Have? And How Did You Overcome? by emmie14: 7:18am On Jan 05, 2018
My strongest addiction is prayer.

7 Likes

Re: What Was The Strongest Addiction You've Ever Have? And How Did You Overcome? by taylor88(m): 7:22am On Jan 05, 2018
Shiiting and smoking

U can not over come it

7 Likes

Re: What Was The Strongest Addiction You've Ever Have? And How Did You Overcome? by whonamehelp(m): 7:23am On Jan 05, 2018
i'm so addicted to sucking puna

1 Like

Re: What Was The Strongest Addiction You've Ever Have? And How Did You Overcome? by cerowo(f): 7:26am On Jan 05, 2018
Let me book space and start hearing lies grin

2 Likes

Re: What Was The Strongest Addiction You've Ever Have? And How Did You Overcome? by Donkay82: 7:26am On Jan 05, 2018
Was addicted to strong alcohol and smoking due to chronic insomnia.with strong will I got out like a miracle

1 Like

Re: What Was The Strongest Addiction You've Ever Have? And How Did You Overcome? by dollyjoy(f): 7:37am On Jan 05, 2018
I was addicted to my phone, while people were reading I was online chatting..... Nobody asked me to draw the line after seeing my first semester result. grin cheesy

14 Likes

Re: What Was The Strongest Addiction You've Ever Have? And How Did You Overcome? by CornFooPanda(m): 7:38am On Jan 05, 2018
WOMANIZING, still trying so hard to overcome it completely.

1 Like

Re: What Was The Strongest Addiction You've Ever Have? And How Did You Overcome? by LessNoise: 7:41am On Jan 05, 2018
Nairaland....i still can't get over this shii tongue

6 Likes

Re: What Was The Strongest Addiction You've Ever Have? And How Did You Overcome? by shinarlaura(f): 7:43am On Jan 05, 2018
I was so addicted to soft drinks. I could not spend a day without drinking. I later realised i was doing more harm than good to myself. I just had to stop it.

3 Likes 1 Share

Re: What Was The Strongest Addiction You've Ever Have? And How Did You Overcome? by MrRhymes101(m): 7:48am On Jan 05, 2018
LONELINESS!!! I'm too comfortable with myself... wedding MC

1 Like

Re: What Was The Strongest Addiction You've Ever Have? And How Did You Overcome? by Nobody: 7:49am On Jan 05, 2018
Crying every little thing tho I think am taking charge now cry

1 Like

Re: What Was The Strongest Addiction You've Ever Have? And How Did You Overcome? by Nobody: 7:53am On Jan 05, 2018
Ok I Like This...

My Strongest Addiction Was Watching Hollywood Movies. I Just Couldnt Get Enough... But I Succeeded in discovering My Talent, Building A Career Out Of My Addiction... Today, I Write Mind Blowing Stories and Scripts, I Am Into Film Directing, a Paranormal Investigator.

You Can Do Same, if You Think Smart wink

6 Likes 1 Share

Re: What Was The Strongest Addiction You've Ever Have? And How Did You Overcome? by Nobody: 7:55am On Jan 05, 2018
being too attached.

1 Like

Re: What Was The Strongest Addiction You've Ever Have? And How Did You Overcome? by Sturmbannfuhrer: 7:56am On Jan 05, 2018
rebirthforgoody:
Crying every little thing tho I think am taking charge now cry

Who took the air out of your other titty?
Re: What Was The Strongest Addiction You've Ever Have? And How Did You Overcome? by Nobody: 8:04am On Jan 05, 2018
Sturmbannfuhrer:

Who took the air out of your other titty?

Sorry I don't get it
Re: What Was The Strongest Addiction You've Ever Have? And How Did You Overcome? by ubunja(m): 8:05am On Jan 05, 2018
cerowo:
is booking space and hearing lies your addiction?

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: What Was The Strongest Addiction You've Ever Have? And How Did You Overcome? by LalaSnakeLala(m): 8:08am On Jan 05, 2018
Watching snake movies

1 Like

Re: What Was The Strongest Addiction You've Ever Have? And How Did You Overcome? by cerowo(f): 8:12am On Jan 05, 2018
ubunja:

is booking space and hearing lies your addiction?
And how is it your business? Or is poking nose on someone's comment your addiction.
This is year 2018, pls try nd mind yr business

3 Likes

Re: What Was The Strongest Addiction You've Ever Have? And How Did You Overcome? by ubunja(m): 8:25am On Jan 05, 2018
cerowo:
And how is it your business? Or is poking nose on someone's comment your addiction.
This is year 2018, pls try nd mind yr business
if you think a comment you post on the internet is your pvt property that noone can respond to you must be high on pumpkin leaves

6 Likes 1 Share

Re: What Was The Strongest Addiction You've Ever Have? And How Did You Overcome? by Nobody: 8:30am On Jan 05, 2018
LalaSnakeLala:
Watching snake movies
Don't you think you are trying too hard and you are getting at nothing.

3 Likes

Re: What Was The Strongest Addiction You've Ever Have? And How Did You Overcome? by iamleumas: 8:35am On Jan 05, 2018
Lalasticlala
Mynd44
Re: What Was The Strongest Addiction You've Ever Have? And How Did You Overcome? by iamleumas: 8:48am On Jan 05, 2018
dollyjoy:
I was addicted to my phone, while people were reading I will be online chatting..... Nobody asked me to draw the line after seeing my first semester result. grin cheesy

grin grin
Re: What Was The Strongest Addiction You've Ever Have? And How Did You Overcome? by LalaSnakeLala(m): 8:55am On Jan 05, 2018
Purebeerry:
Don't you think you are trying too hard and you are getting at nothing.

Don't you think it's 2018 yet and you should start minding your own business?
Re: What Was The Strongest Addiction You've Ever Have? And How Did You Overcome? by Nobody: 8:56am On Jan 05, 2018
LalaSnakeLala:

Don't you think it's 2018 yet and you should start minding your own business?
Mind my business only if its booming grin.

Re: What Was The Strongest Addiction You've Ever Have? And How Did You Overcome? by Oxster(m): 9:15am On Jan 05, 2018
cerowo:

Kikikiki,,,u 4 book 4 ur boo nahgrin

1 Like

Re: What Was The Strongest Addiction You've Ever Have? And How Did You Overcome? by Cowbuoy: 9:28am On Jan 05, 2018
Mehn, my addiction plenty OoO and every addictions was a hit back to back.. grin

2 Likes

Re: What Was The Strongest Addiction You've Ever Have? And How Did You Overcome? by leochuks1990(m): 9:31am On Jan 05, 2018
DeadRat:
Ok I Like This...

My Strongest Addiction Was Watching Hollywood Movies. I Just Couldnt Get Enough... But I Succeeded in discovering My Talent, Building A Career Out Of My Addiction... Today, I Write Mind Blowing Stories and Scripts, I Am Into Film Directing, a Paranormal Investigator.

You Can Do Same, if You Think Smart wink

So how do i build a carrier out of mastubation�

1 Like

Re: What Was The Strongest Addiction You've Ever Have? And How Did You Overcome? by AlexCk: 9:33am On Jan 05, 2018
Strongest addiction,
Mehn, video games, funny enough, i still indulge in 'em. cheesy

2 Likes

Re: What Was The Strongest Addiction You've Ever Have? And How Did You Overcome? by NaoSlay: 9:38am On Jan 05, 2018
I remember when I first joined social media network especially nairaland, I usually take comments personal that time because I was so emotional, so the addiction goes thus, anyone that insults me, that person is marked already, I track the IP address of that person and the location and the rest is history, that's why I always advice people to switch off their location.

am matured now, no bleeps giving again.

1 Like

Re: What Was The Strongest Addiction You've Ever Have? And How Did You Overcome? by NaoSlay: 9:38am On Jan 05, 2018

1 Like

Re: What Was The Strongest Addiction You've Ever Have? And How Did You Overcome? by iamleumas: 9:40am On Jan 05, 2018
AlexCk:
Strongest addiction,
Mehn, video games, funny enough, i still indulge in 'em. cheesy

grin grin
Mhen! I love playing Real Football back then on my mum's phone o

2 Likes

(1) (2) (Reply)

I Regret Having Sex At Age 19 / Lady Charges N40K For One Video Call On Whatsap, Nigerians React. Photos / Popular Instagram Slay Queen, Symply Tacha Begs Maintenance Money From Celebriti

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 39
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.