Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,143,264 members, 7,780,595 topics. Date: Thursday, 28 March 2024 at 05:12 PM

Fire And Fury: 14 Talking Points From Trump's WH - Foreign Affairs - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Foreign Affairs / Fire And Fury: 14 Talking Points From Trump's WH (791 Views)

North Korean Leader, Kim Jong Un Laughs While Reading Fire And Fury(photo) / Trump A Child, slowpoke, Says Wolff Author Of ‘fire And Fury’ / Fire And Fury: US Nuclear Bombers Drop Payload On Kim's Doorstep (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Fire And Fury: 14 Talking Points From Trump's WH by cola: 11:42am On Jan 05, 2018
We might never find out what really is and what is not. All these are allegations, still.

The book 'Fire and Fury' by Michael Wolff goes on sale Friday 05 Jan, fours days earlier than originally planned, probably to hedge against a lawsuit by the White House or ride the wave of demand. Here, copied are some of the allegations that would become the talking points on- and offline in the coming days:
https://www.google.com.ng/amp/amp.toofab.com/2018/01/04/14-explosive-allegations-from-michael-wolffs-fire-and-fury-inside-the-trump-white-house

1. Wolff Was Accidentally Given Almost Unprecedented Access
As a testament to how unstructured Trump and his organization was, Wolff was given extraordinary access to the inner workings almost by accident. When he asked about being allowed to linger and listen in for a book, Trump talked about right-wing author Ed Klein and didn't outright deny his request. "His non-disapproval became a kind of passport for me to hang around ... plunking myself down, day after day, on a West Wing couch," Wolff wrote in The Hollywood Reporter.

1 Like

Re: Fire And Fury: 14 Talking Points From Trump's WH by cola: 11:43am On Jan 05, 2018
2. Trump Refused to Invest in His Campaign
Bannon and Kellyanne Conway were allegedly inserted into the Trump campaign at the behest of billionaire Robert Mercer, after infusing $5 million into the campaign. Right away, Bannon noted that Trump had not contributed to his own campaign. When he determined it needed $50 million to make it to election day, he had to settle for $10 million from Trump, provided he was repaid as soon as that money could be raised from others. It says a lot when a self-claimed multi-billionaire isn't willing to invest in his own campaign.

1 Like

Re: Fire And Fury: 14 Talking Points From Trump's WH by cola: 11:45am On Jan 05, 2018
3. Trump Campaign Wanted to Lose to Win
The plan all along was to lose, but to win by doing so, which would explain why Trump had little interest in personally investing in a losing cause. According to Wolff, Trump wanted to launch his own television network, while his cronies could reap their own rewards. Ivanka Trump and Jared Kushner would be huge celebrities, Conway was looking to be on-air with cable news, and Bannon was poised to emerge as the new leader of the far-right Tea Party. Instead, they found themselves at the Oval Office with no idea what to do next.

1 Like

Re: Fire And Fury: 14 Talking Points From Trump's WH by cola: 11:45am On Jan 05, 2018
4. Trump Didn't Know the Constitution
Early in the campaign, Trump aide Sam Nunberg was supposedly tasked with explaining the U.S. Constitution to the future president. "I got as far as the Four Amendment before his finger is pulling down on his lip and his eyes are rolling back in his head," Nunberg told Wolff.

1 Like

Re: Fire And Fury: 14 Talking Points From Trump's WH by cola: 11:46am On Jan 05, 2018
5. Trump Was Woefully Uninformed About Washington, DC
When former Speaker of the House John Boehner was suggested as a solid candidate for chief of staff by longtime Trump friend Roger Ailes (also former head of Fox News and veteran of Nixon, Reagan and H.W. Bush administrations, so he has some idea how politics works), Trump allegedly responded, "Who's that?" Considering that Beohener was one of the most well-known members of the Republican Party and a very public rival to President Obama through much of his time in office, one would think Donald Trump would know who this guy is.

1 Like

Re: Fire And Fury: 14 Talking Points From Trump's WH by cola: 11:49am On Jan 05, 2018
6.Trump Repeats Himself a Lot And Also Repeats Himself
If it sounds like Trump brings out the same talking points over and over again in public speeches, Wolff says it's even worse in person. When approached for the chief of staff position, Rience Priebus had been warned how by a Trump associate how to talk to the then president-elect. "In an hour meeting with him, you're going to hear 54 minutes of stories, and they're going to be the same stories over and over again. So you have to have one point to make, and you pepper it in whenever you can."

1 Like

Re: Fire And Fury: 14 Talking Points From Trump's WH by cola: 11:51am On Jan 05, 2018
7. Bannon's Plan Was Chaos And Division
Most of Trump's staff in the early days didn't really have titles or official positions, so Bannon set to work pushing forth his plan for the first 100 days. "Chaos was Steve's strategy," said deputy chief of staff Katie Walsh. His first victory came with Trump signing the controversial Muslim travel ban executive order. As Bannon anticipated, liberal media exploded, creating a wider rift between the left and the right.

1 Like

Re: Fire And Fury: 14 Talking Points From Trump's WH by cola: 11:52am On Jan 05, 2018
8. Jarvanka' Are Angling for President Ivanka
Jared Kushner and Ivanka Trump defied the advice of everyone they knew to take roles in the Trump administration. Their plan was to allegedly set Ivanka up for a future run for president. "They didn't say that?” Bannon said when he heard of the plan. "Stop. Oh, come on. They didn't actually say that? Please don't tell me that. Oh my God."

1 Like

Re: Fire And Fury: 14 Talking Points From Trump's WH by cola: 11:53am On Jan 05, 2018
9. Trump Wanted a Lock on His Door, His Stuff Untouched
After moving to the White House, Trump is said to have retreated to his bedroom (he does not share a room with the First Lady) where he ordered two additional televisions and wanted a lock put on the inside of his door. The Secret Service balked at this, saying they needed access to him. Trump also demanded no one touch anything in his room, including the cleaning staff.

1 Like

Re: Fire And Fury: 14 Talking Points From Trump's WH by cola: 11:57am On Jan 05, 2018
10. Trump Eats McDonalds for Fear of Poisoning
Much fun has been made of Trump's voluminous McDonalds order, but there's another reason than those delicious fries for his penchant for the fast-food giant. Just as he demanded no one touch his toothbrush for fear of it being poisoned, Wolff says he chooses McDonalds because they don't know he's coming and the food is generally already premade.

1 Like

Re: Fire And Fury: 14 Talking Points From Trump's WH by cola: 11:59am On Jan 05, 2018
11. Trump Is Probably His Own Leak
While Trump became obsessed with finding out who was leaking all of his personal and private habits to the media, it may well be that it was Trump himself. He allegedly has a habit in the evening lamenting to his associates and friends about his day, his grievances, his enemies, really whatever came to mind. Those people were under no obligation or expectation that they should keep his words to themselves, and so likely many of them fed their scoops to the hungry media.

1 Like

Re: Fire And Fury: 14 Talking Points From Trump's WH by cola: 12:00pm On Jan 05, 2018
12. Trump May Be Only Semi-Literate
One of the biggest challenges staffers faced was wrangling the president and communicating directly with him. They reportedly say he processes information in a very scatter-brained way, shifting focus with the wind. He apparently doesn't read, and barely even skims.

1 Like

Re: Fire And Fury: 14 Talking Points From Trump's WH by cola: 12:02pm On Jan 05, 2018
13. Trump's Staff Are Afraid to Let Him Do Interviews
With Trump's tendency for repetition and lapses, not to mention off-the-cuff comments, his staff allegedly urged him to forgo a "60 Minutes" interview intended to open that show's fall season. Instead, they went with Sean Hannity, with insiders saying it was because he was willing to supply his questions beforehand. Hannity quickly denied this claim in a statement to Mediate: "I never provided questions ahead of time to Trump and never said I was going to quit my longtime, successful TV and radio career to work for Trump."

1 Like

Re: Fire And Fury: 14 Talking Points From Trump's WH by cola: 12:03pm On Jan 05, 2018
Re: Fire And Fury: 14 Talking Points From Trump's WH by dammytosh: 12:22pm On Jan 05, 2018
Thank You.

The m0r0nic trumptards will soon arrive.

Their only song is Fake News.

The book only confirmed what everybody knows about Trump.

1 Like

Re: Fire And Fury: 14 Talking Points From Trump's WH by cola: 12:27pm On Jan 05, 2018
dammytosh:
Thank You.

The m0r0nic trumptards will soon arrive.

Their only song is Fake News

Lol. Mr. Trump is reportedly organizing a 'Fake News award ceremony'.
...And the winner is.... Your guesses are as good as his. cheesy

1 Like

Re: Fire And Fury: 14 Talking Points From Trump's WH by dammytosh: 1:01pm On Jan 05, 2018
cola:

Lol. Mr. Trump is reportedly organizing a 'Fake News award ceremony'.
...And the winner is.... Your guesses are as good as his. cheesy
C N N grin
Re: Fire And Fury: 14 Talking Points From Trump's WH by cola: 3:31pm On Jan 05, 2018
Interesting days in America. I don't know Steve Banon's intent on telling all, whether it's altruistic and in the nation's interest or he's just sore...
Some of the 'revelations' are deeply worrying, though.

1 Like

Re: Fire And Fury: 14 Talking Points From Trump's WH by TheShopKeeper(m): 5:06pm On Jan 05, 2018
...and in other news...

Obstruction Inquiry Shows Trump’s Struggle to Keep Grip on Russia Investigation

https://mobile.nytimes.com/2018/01/04/us/politics/trump-sessions-russia-mcgahn.html
Re: Fire And Fury: 14 Talking Points From Trump's WH by Lucasbalo(m): 6:39am On Jan 06, 2018
There's nothing new in all the allegations because most Americans are now finding out that the dotard pretending to be POTUS is over his head. His days will soon pass.

1 Like

Re: Fire And Fury: 14 Talking Points From Trump's WH by buJu234: 1:07pm On Jan 07, 2018
Lucasbalo:
There's nothing new in all the allegations because most Americans are now finding out that the dotard pretending to be POTUS is over his head. His days will soon pass.

I don't think so, they knew that he was the baddest ass to b president yet they voted for him why?

Cos white Americans mostly the semi litrate ones, are tired of immigration, Islam on the increase and 5% called Washington's establishment.

Why Clinton was ready to support the above, bad ass trump kicked against it.

That was why trump won.

2 Likes

Re: Fire And Fury: 14 Talking Points From Trump's WH by Lucasbalo(m): 1:30pm On Jan 07, 2018
buJu234:

I don't think so, they knew that he was the baddest ass to b president yet they voted for him why?

Cos white Americans mostly the semi litrate ones, are tired of immigration, Islam on the increase and 5% called Washington's establishment.

Why Clinton was ready to support the above, bad ass trump kicked against it.

That was why trump won.
It is trump divisiveness that makes the poverty stricken Appalachian whites and Southern Evangelicals support him and many of them are having buyers remorse now. I have seen many of my white colleagues at work who resents him as much as I do. Anyway, there's a reason we have elections every four years.

1 Like

Re: Fire And Fury: 14 Talking Points From Trump's WH by bedspread: 9:47am On Jan 08, 2018
ALL That Matters as far as I am Concerned is that President Donald Trump is a man Selected by GOD ALMIGHTY for this time...

Moses was a Stamarer and Confused when GOD Chose Him

King David was a cattle rearer with no experience when GOD chose Him

Peter was an ordinary fisher man

Abramham was nothing and still living in his parents house at age 75 when GOD chose him

Jabez was cursed when GOD Raised Him

HE is a GOD that makes use of the UNQUALIFIED to do His biddings

The Wisest of the World is not up to HIS foolishness ....

PRESIDENT DONALD TRUMP IS GOD'S CHOSEN TOOL.. No media or book or Write up can do anything against it...

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Fire And Fury: 14 Talking Points From Trump's WH by bedspread: 9:49am On Jan 08, 2018
Lucasbalo:
I and is trump divisiveness that makes the poverty stricken Appalachian whites and Southern Evangelicals support him and many of them are having buyers remorse now. I have seen many of my white colleagues at work who resents him as much as I do. Anyway, there's a reason we have elections every four years.
IF JESUS DOES NOT COME, President Trump will Floor whosoever comes against him again
Re: Fire And Fury: 14 Talking Points From Trump's WH by Lucasbalo(m): 1:41pm On Jan 08, 2018
bedspread:
IF JESUS DOES NOT COME, President Trump will Floor whosoever comes against him again
Why don't you come and make trampy your president in Nigeria so he can rule you as he think people like you are ( Subhuman).

2 Likes

Re: Fire And Fury: 14 Talking Points From Trump's WH by 9inches(m): 7:09pm On Jan 08, 2018
Lucasbalo:
Why don't you come and make trampy your president in Nigeria so he can rule you as he think people like you are ( Subhuman).

He remains POTUS whether you like it or not. Stop whining, it's new year.

Incase you haven't read Fire and Fury yet, knock yourself out and thank me later. https://blog.lusofonias.net/wp-content/uploads/2018/01/Fire-and-Fury-Michael-Wolff.pdf

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Fire And Fury: 14 Talking Points From Trump's WH by Lucasbalo(m): 7:43pm On Jan 08, 2018
9inches:

He remains POTUS whether you like it or not. Stop whining, it's new year.

Incase you haven't read Fire and Fury yet, knock yourself out and thank me later. https://blog.lusofonias.net/wp-content/uploads/2018/01/Fire-and-Fury-Michael-Wolff.pdf
Orange a*s licker. When it counts, you don't matter from the pit of hell you live.

1 Like

Re: Fire And Fury: 14 Talking Points From Trump's WH by 9inches(m): 8:05pm On Jan 08, 2018
Lucasbalo:
Orange a*s licker. When it counts, you don't matter from the pit of hell you live.

I love it when you meltdown. Are you done reading the bestseller, mor0nic loser-in-life?
Re: Fire And Fury: 14 Talking Points From Trump's WH by Lucasbalo(m): 10:31pm On Jan 08, 2018
9inches:

I love it when you meltdown. Are you done reading the bestseller, mor0nic loser-in-life?
Hungry Third world cretin. I know dabbling in American politics is your fetish but unfortunately you're still stuck in your cave. Meanwhile, enjoy your subhuman standard of living.

1 Like

Re: Fire And Fury: 14 Talking Points From Trump's WH by 9inches(m): 1:49am On Jan 09, 2018
Lucasbalo:
Hungry Third world cretin. I know dabbling in American politics is your fetish but unfortunately you're still stuck in your cave. Meanwhile, enjoy your subhuman standard of living.

Pathetic snowflake son of an imp. Donald Trump is the president, and may I add he's the most powerful human being on earth right now! How's that TDS working out for you? You're evidently one meltdown away from suicide.
Re: Fire And Fury: 14 Talking Points From Trump's WH by obixcel(m): 2:44pm On Jan 09, 2018
MEANWHILE grin grin grin grin

Re: Fire And Fury: 14 Talking Points From Trump's WH by obixcel(m): 2:46pm On Jan 09, 2018
9inches:

Pathetic snowflake son of an imp. Donald Trump is the president, and may I add he's the most powerful human being on earth right now! How's that TDS working out for you? You're evidently one meltdown away from suicide.
Snowflakes are everywhere lol

1 Like

(1) (Reply)

Happy 72nd Birthday President Trump / Rwanda: This Country Was In Total Ruins In The 90s Due To Bloody Civil War / Remembering Muammar Gadafi

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 48
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.