Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,143,252 members, 7,780,527 topics. Date: Thursday, 28 March 2024 at 03:53 PM

A Thief Came To Our House, Tricked My Children To Steal - Crime - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Crime / A Thief Came To Our House, Tricked My Children To Steal (1062 Views)

Chinese Woman Tricked By Nigerian Boyfriend Into Carrying Drugs Finally Released / Killing Others, Herdsmen Set Our House Ablaze, Took Us For Dead, Sang And Dance / Generator Thief Caught In Our House This Morning (Photos) (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

A Thief Came To Our House, Tricked My Children To Steal by Ebenezerk2: 8:57pm On Jan 05, 2018
A thief came to our house today when he knew that nobody was in the house except my children, when he entered, he told my children that my wife sent him to bring the envelope to her, he thought we might keep money in the house, these children are below 10 years of age, he asked for my wife number, they gave it to him, as he was pretending to be calling my wife, he said "I even have it on my phone" and he was talking as if he was talking to my wife, that was when they led him into all the bed rooms, they opened our wardrobe to look for an envelope, he ransacked everywhere, he was able to steal a laptop, a bag my wife just bought yesterday with #2,000 in it, we don't know yet if he stole more than that, we always tell them to always close doors when they are in, but I don't know why they didn't close it, but I thank God, he didn't hurt them.
People have mind o, what of if he was caught? may God have mercy.
Re: A Thief Came To Our House, Tricked My Children To Steal by swiz123(m): 8:58pm On Jan 05, 2018
Thank God he didn't steal your children too

5 Likes

Re: A Thief Came To Our House, Tricked My Children To Steal by tyup(m): 9:00pm On Jan 05, 2018
Ebenezerk2:
A thief came to our house today when he knew that nobody was in the house except my children, when he entered, he told my children that my wife sent him to bring the envelope to her, he thought we might keep money in the house, these children are below 10 years of age, he asked for my wife number, they gave it to him, as he was pretending to be calling my wife, he said "I even have it on my phone" and he was talking as if he was talking to my wife, that was when they led him into all the bed rooms, they opened our wardrobe to look for an envelope, he ransacked everywhere, he was able to steal a laptop, a bag my wife just bought yesterday with #2,000 in it, we don't know yet if he stole more than that, we always tell them to always close doors when they are in, but I don't know why they didn't close it, but I thank God, he didn't hurt them.

Lmao grin grin
Re: A Thief Came To Our House, Tricked My Children To Steal by Penalty82(m): 9:01pm On Jan 05, 2018
Hmmm
Re: A Thief Came To Our House, Tricked My Children To Steal by Ebenezerk2: 9:03pm On Jan 05, 2018
I have already done so, thanks
swiz123:
Thank God he didn't steal your children too
Re: A Thief Came To Our House, Tricked My Children To Steal by Nwodosis(m): 9:04pm On Jan 05, 2018
Na insider game o!

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: A Thief Came To Our House, Tricked My Children To Steal by free2ryhme: 9:05pm On Jan 05, 2018
Ebenezerk2:

Thank God oooo

Worst things could have happened

They only stole but did not take your kids or their lives

you will recover a 100 fold smiley

1 Like

Re: A Thief Came To Our House, Tricked My Children To Steal by eruchboy(m): 9:08pm On Jan 05, 2018
@op thank ur GOD its just that,try not to leave little kids alone for long but dont u have neighbours or relatives who can watch out when ur not around
Re: A Thief Came To Our House, Tricked My Children To Steal by BlackDBagba: 9:19pm On Jan 05, 2018
Ok
Re: A Thief Came To Our House, Tricked My Children To Steal by ClitoPen: 9:21pm On Jan 05, 2018
Ebenezerk2:
Which ppl? Na u and ur wife hv mind! What if he kidnapped or killed them? Try this kids home alone abroad and kiss goodbye to your kids into the hands of social welfare

All the same, it's a pity
Re: A Thief Came To Our House, Tricked My Children To Steal by Ebenezerk2: 9:21pm On Jan 05, 2018
We have people in other flats, we don't normally leave them always, thanks
eruchboy:
@op thank ur GOD its just that,try not to leave little kids alone for long but dont u have neighbours or relatives who can watch out when ur not around
Re: A Thief Came To Our House, Tricked My Children To Steal by Nobody: 9:21pm On Jan 05, 2018
Children below ten shld really not be left alone at home. Worst comes to worst, if you have to quickly step out and there is no one to watch, lock them in with places like kitchen also locked out of their reach. Thank God they are safe

On a lighter note, this just reminds me of what mt mom uwed to recite to us when we were small..."I didn't send anybody to come and carry anything o, I didn't send anybody to come and carry you. Don't open the gate for anybody or gbomo gbomo will come and carry you"
Re: A Thief Came To Our House, Tricked My Children To Steal by Ebenezerk2: 9:23pm On Jan 05, 2018
Thanks, but it is very risky to lock children in the house incase of any emergency
Treasuredlove:
Children below ten shld really not be left alone at home. Worst comes to worst, if you have to quickly step out and there is no one to watch, lock them in with places like kitchen also locked out of their reach. Thank God they are safe

On a lighter note, this just reminds me of what mt mom uwed to recite to us when we were small..."I didn't send anybody to come and carry anything o, I didn't send anybody to come and carry you. Don't open the gate for anybody or gbomo gbomo will come and carry you"

2 Likes

Re: A Thief Came To Our House, Tricked My Children To Steal by Nobody: 9:25pm On Jan 05, 2018
Ebenezerk2:
Thanks, but it is very risky to lock children in the house incase of any emergency
yes it is. Which is why I said worst comes to worst.
Re: A Thief Came To Our House, Tricked My Children To Steal by ClitoPen: 9:25pm On Jan 05, 2018
Remember my growing up days...
My dad will lock us up and give a spare key to our deeper life neighbour just in case...

We will play all kinds of play till we get tired and resort to a funny waving game in which we call the attention of passers-by both old and young and wave at them wen they turn! We call it "sssss!, byee" grin...
That's how I made some of the friends I know today!!

3 Likes

Re: A Thief Came To Our House, Tricked My Children To Steal by Shollyjay90(m): 9:38pm On Jan 05, 2018
wen we get to promise land,wake me up
Re: A Thief Came To Our House, Tricked My Children To Steal by eruchboy(m): 9:40pm On Jan 05, 2018
Ebenezerk2:
We have people in other flats, we don't normally leave them always, thanks
The thief must live close or has been watching to know ur movements.I won't blame the kids just shun them seriously & they will learn from experience as they will still grow up,I understand how it is living in flats & not fully trusting some neighbours...But never ever lock the kids inside its too risky

1 Like

Re: A Thief Came To Our House, Tricked My Children To Steal by Evablizin(f): 9:48pm On Jan 05, 2018
shocked
Re: A Thief Came To Our House, Tricked My Children To Steal by Ebenezerk2: 9:49pm On Jan 05, 2018
Thanks, well said
eruchboy:
The thief must live close or has been watching to know ur movements.I won't blame the kids just shun them seriously & they will learn from experience as they will still grow up,I understand how it is living in flats & not fully trusting some neighbours...But never ever lock the kids inside its too risky
Re: A Thief Came To Our House, Tricked My Children To Steal by Franky826: 4:57am On Jan 06, 2018
Smart thief.

He'll meet smart killers someday, this I know.

Am just here thinking what if he was a child kidnapper or ritualistic?

OP you really should make a police report. And if you can afford it mount cameras.

It may surprise you that theif lives around your neighborhood

2 Likes

Re: A Thief Came To Our House, Tricked My Children To Steal by Nobody: 7:20am On Jan 06, 2018
You left your kids under 10 at home unsupervised?
Re: A Thief Came To Our House, Tricked My Children To Steal by Ebenezerk2: 5:41pm On Jan 06, 2018
I think likewise, a person that knows their in and out, thanks
Franky826:
Smart thief.

He'll meet smart killers someday, this I know.

Am just here thinking what if he was a child kidnapper or ritualistic?

OP you really should make a police report. And if you can afford it mount cameras.

It may surprise you that theif lives around your neighborhood
Re: A Thief Came To Our House, Tricked My Children To Steal by imasong005(m): 7:55pm On Jan 06, 2018
Reading your story now, I jumped out of the bed to go check my bag where I kept huge amount of money, cos i left my children at home alone today to go visit some of my projects on site. Thank God, the money is resting in my bag.
Re: A Thief Came To Our House, Tricked My Children To Steal by valentineuwakwe(m): 7:58pm On Jan 06, 2018
this thief n.a. funny one oo....for him mind, he has played fast one...him get luck say them no catch am....
Re: A Thief Came To Our House, Tricked My Children To Steal by Blackfire(m): 12:17pm On Jan 07, 2018
Imagine this thief was caught.......

Hmmm hmmmm hmmm
Re: A Thief Came To Our House, Tricked My Children To Steal by dominique(f): 12:52pm On Jan 07, 2018
That's why it is always good to remind children when leaving them alone not open the door for anybody under any circumstances. Someone tried something like this in my parent's house when we were very young, before the era of mobile phones. He claimed my dad's younger one (aburo) sent him to come and take the tv and VCR for repairs. Out then maid asked if the younger one was male or female, he said male. That was where he goofed because my dad has only one younger one in that area and she's a female. As we grew older we were warned several times not to open the door for anybody we're not familiar with even if the person is claiming family. Now these thieves are getting craftier, parents have their work cut out for them in teaching their children to be more security conscious.

(1) (Reply)

Man Arrested For Stabbing His Gay Friend 20 Times For Kissing Him / 26 Years Old Covenant University Graduate Killed By Gateman And Neighbour / Allah Allows Women To Be Raped For A Reason, Islamic Scholar Claims

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 39
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.