Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,148,533 members, 7,801,484 topics. Date: Thursday, 18 April 2024 at 03:56 PM

2019 Presidency: Atiku, Dankwambo At War In Gombe - Politics - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / 2019 Presidency: Atiku, Dankwambo At War In Gombe (24457 Views)

2023 Presidency: Atiku, Tambuwal, Tinubu Test Might In Ondo Election / 2019 Presidency: Atiku Abubakar Cries, Obtains PDP Nomination Forms / Governor Dankwambo At Gombe State University Convocation (Photos) (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (Reply) (Go Down)

2019 Presidency: Atiku, Dankwambo At War In Gombe by nairavsdollars(f): 7:23am On Jan 06, 2018
GOVERNOR ORDERS ARREST OF ATIKU'S POINTMAN

The battle for the presidential ticket of the Peoples Democratic Party (PDP) between former Vice President Atiku Abubakar and Governor Ibrahim Dankwambo of Gombe state is already causing ripples with the arrest of Honourable Ibrahim Bage, the Gombe State Coordinator of the Atiku Care Foundation (ACF) on Thursday morning allegedly on the orders of the governor.

Bage, it was learnt,was arrested by the officials of the Department of State Services (DSS) in Gombe, who seized his personal belongings including phones, laptop and camera.

He was later whisked to Government House, Gombe, where he met with the governor who allegedly warned him to desist from sensitising members of the public on Atiku’s presidential ambition.

The governor, it was learnt, told him the activities of the ACF in the state is illegal since he (Dankwambo) also has a presidential ambition on the platform of PDP like Atiku.

According to Bage who spoke in a telephone chat with INDEPENDENT, “The governor told me my activities as Chairman of ACF in Gombe state is illegal. He said we are disturbing the peace of the state and we are inciting people against him by marketing Atiku Abubakar through distribution of items to the less privileged.

“He asked me: ‘Are you not aware that I have presidential ambition in 2019?’ I told him I was aware sir but ‘I am not in anyway constituting any hindrance to your aspirations’. I also told him ‘our organisation is not illegal’. It is a registered organisation, which is philanthropic in nature and I have a copy of the certificate.

“I also told him in all our dealings, we have always carried the security agencies along. We have never embarked on any programmed without first informing security agencies and we have never for once de-marketed the governor before the people of Gombe.

“He warned me to be careful and later asked the DSS officials to allow me to go. As I speak, my laptop, camera and phones are still in the custody of the DSS,” he said.

In a statement on Friday by ACF’s National Director, Media and Publicity, Chief Sunny Onuesoke, the Foundation said it condemned the arrest of Bage on the orders of the governor, saying such action is inimical to the growth and sustenance of democracy in the country.

“Our attention has been drawn to the barbaric, unlawful arrest and detention of the Chairman, ACF, Gombe State by Gov. Dankwambo.

“Gov. Dankwambo’s actions are inimical to the tenets of democracy for freedom of association as enshrined in our constitution as a nation.

“We condemn this action in his entirety and called on Nigerians to come out and voice their displeasure over this dictatorial actions of Gov. Dankwambo of Gombe State.

“We also call on the DSS and other security agencies in the Country not to allow themselves to be used by selfish politicians who go about terrorising innocent and law abiding citizens.

“Hon. Ibrahim Bage was arrested by DSS and brought before Gov. Dankwambo who ordered Bage to support his (Dankwambo) Presidential Ambition come 2019. Bage was reported to have declined the Governor’s “order”, stating that ACF is a philanthropic organisation that is extending Atiku’s care to the less privileged and IDPs.

“Personal belongings of Hon. Bage including phones, laptop, camera were reportedly seized by the Governor and his government officials,” the statement said.

A credible source in the ACF said Atiku has already been briefed on the development.

Read more https://independent.ng/2019-presidency-atiku-dankwambo-war-gombe/?utm_source=INL+Newsletter&utm_campaign=823986ad2b-EMAIL_CAMPAIGN_11_27_2017&utm_medium=email&utm_term=0_f3778aa635-823986ad2b-76533921&ct=t(EMAIL_CAMPAIGN_11_27_2017)&mc_cid=823986ad2b&mc_eid=d06ed991e0

3 Likes 1 Share

Re: 2019 Presidency: Atiku, Dankwambo At War In Gombe by fakoo1: 7:25am On Jan 06, 2018
Let the war begins! !!!!!!!#

6 Likes 2 Shares

Re: 2019 Presidency: Atiku, Dankwambo At War In Gombe by sarrki(m): 7:27am On Jan 06, 2018
Dankwambo can't be at war with Atiku

Atiku is a nobody in power play in the north

Even Nnamdi KANU the fugitive will defeat Atiku in the north

33 Likes 6 Shares

Re: 2019 Presidency: Atiku, Dankwambo At War In Gombe by Nwodosis(m): 7:29am On Jan 06, 2018
And Fr Mbaka has nominated the Governor for the exalted seat and he is making sure it came to pass by force by fire!

13 Likes 2 Shares

Re: 2019 Presidency: Atiku, Dankwambo At War In Gombe by Nwodosis(m): 7:30am On Jan 06, 2018
sarrki:

Let Nnamdi Kanu keeps on giving you sleepless night, he's a fugitive but he's the bravest in your generation!

77 Likes 7 Shares

Re: 2019 Presidency: Atiku, Dankwambo At War In Gombe by sarrki(m): 7:32am On Jan 06, 2018
Nwodosis:

Let Nnamdi Kanu keeps on giving you sleepless night, he's a fugitive but he's the bravest in your generation!

Any supporters of Nnamdi will be treated as one

22 Likes 2 Shares

Re: 2019 Presidency: Atiku, Dankwambo At War In Gombe by Nwodosis(m): 7:36am On Jan 06, 2018
sarrki:

Any supporters of Nnamdi will be treated as one
Even the people being murdered by the Fulani herdsmen never supported him but what's their fate now?

46 Likes 3 Shares

Re: 2019 Presidency: Atiku, Dankwambo At War In Gombe by madridguy(m): 7:37am On Jan 06, 2018
Human with selfishness. Just look at a sitting governor fighting over 2019 what else did he want? Same as Atiku after 8 years as VP :PNothing will ever satisfy we human but death.

12 Likes

Re: 2019 Presidency: Atiku, Dankwambo At War In Gombe by mexxmoney: 7:38am On Jan 06, 2018
I prefer Dankwambo to Atiku. Atiku and Buhari should pack their loads and get lost. We need new faces in power. Dankwambo has done well in Gombe, he is one of the people whose candidacy excites me

20 Likes 2 Shares

Re: 2019 Presidency: Atiku, Dankwambo At War In Gombe by madridguy(m): 7:39am On Jan 06, 2018
You don kill me for here with laugh boss. You mean the coward terrorist will defeat the new messiah of the ipork miscreants grin

sarrki:

16 Likes 3 Shares

Re: 2019 Presidency: Atiku, Dankwambo At War In Gombe by amnesty7: 7:40am On Jan 06, 2018
PMB be like

27 Likes 2 Shares

Re: 2019 Presidency: Atiku, Dankwambo At War In Gombe by tuniski: 7:40am On Jan 06, 2018
sarrki:

Don't worry jobs will be plenty under PDP from 2019. The mockery called Npower ain't work even BMC no be work. Start atikulating for self,family,friends,nigerians and humanity!

9 Likes 2 Shares

Re: 2019 Presidency: Atiku, Dankwambo At War In Gombe by sarrki(m): 7:41am On Jan 06, 2018
madridguy:
You don kill me for here with laugh boss. You mean the coward terrorist will defeat the new messiah of the ipork miscreants grin

My main guy

3 Likes 2 Shares

Re: 2019 Presidency: Atiku, Dankwambo At War In Gombe by aolawale025: 7:45am On Jan 06, 2018
News of this sort should be taken with a pinch of salt
Re: 2019 Presidency: Atiku, Dankwambo At War In Gombe by madridguy(m): 7:46am On Jan 06, 2018
Even the both cannot even smell draw against Sai Baba in their respective state.
After Sai Baba na still Sai Baba

sarrki:

My main guy

8 Likes 3 Shares

Re: 2019 Presidency: Atiku, Dankwambo At War In Gombe by Bolustical: 7:47am On Jan 06, 2018
sarrki:

You mean IPork Messiah can defeat IPork patron even in the north?
grin

14 Likes 3 Shares

Re: 2019 Presidency: Atiku, Dankwambo At War In Gombe by sarrki(m): 7:58am On Jan 06, 2018
Bolustical:

You mean IPork Messiah can defeat IPork patron even in the north?
grin

grin grin grin grin

Yes boss

I mean ot

3 Likes

Re: 2019 Presidency: Atiku, Dankwambo At War In Gombe by nairavsdollars(f): 8:28am On Jan 06, 2018
So Dankwambo believes in that Mbaka prophecy? Shior
Re: 2019 Presidency: Atiku, Dankwambo At War In Gombe by Iyajelili(f): 9:06am On Jan 06, 2018
I am begging them in whatever name they believe in that they should all kill themselves and stop playing with the minds of we the citizens.
Re: 2019 Presidency: Atiku, Dankwambo At War In Gombe by MRAKBEE(m): 9:07am On Jan 06, 2018
2019 Wil be the survival of the fittest
Re: 2019 Presidency: Atiku, Dankwambo At War In Gombe by Edu3Again: 9:07am On Jan 06, 2018
sarrki:

This Sarrki na real mumu oh!.

Fooolani people are craving up Benue people with impunity and he is here shouting Kanu.

It's the bloodthirsty nature of ur fooolani masters that made Kanu stop supporting Nigeria and declare Biafra.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=55PajIFvnNI

Go face ur fooolani masters b4 they wipe Benue off the map.

4 Likes

Re: 2019 Presidency: Atiku, Dankwambo At War In Gombe by Nobody: 9:07am On Jan 06, 2018
they should kill themselves

who cares undecided undecided
Re: 2019 Presidency: Atiku, Dankwambo At War In Gombe by MRAKBEE(m): 9:08am On Jan 06, 2018
sarrki:

Keep deceiving urself..

2 Likes

Re: 2019 Presidency: Atiku, Dankwambo At War In Gombe by bedspread: 9:08am On Jan 06, 2018
Hmmm
The Young have Grown
Vs
The Experienced Atikulate
Re: 2019 Presidency: Atiku, Dankwambo At War In Gombe by sureheaven(m): 9:09am On Jan 06, 2018
Atiku can be at war with anybody if he likes , but one sure thing is that he will never be president in this country. Very soon , politics will be played on him and he will regret ever decamp in from apc to pdp at his old age. It shows he is over ambitious and too desperate. He should go and face his business. God has made him president in the business world

5 Likes 1 Share

Re: 2019 Presidency: Atiku, Dankwambo At War In Gombe by omenkaLives(m): 9:09am On Jan 06, 2018
No comment. cheesy cheesy

3 Likes

Re: 2019 Presidency: Atiku, Dankwambo At War In Gombe by abescom: 9:11am On Jan 06, 2018
The odds are starked against Atiku. Too many people are suspicious of him and rightly so.

He decamping to PDP will do them a lot of damage especially as many people will feel cheated out and will decamp from PDP should he eventually win their party ticket which is very likely.

If I were APC, I would brace myself to take advantage of any eventuality.

1 Like

Re: 2019 Presidency: Atiku, Dankwambo At War In Gombe by omenkaLives(m): 9:11am On Jan 06, 2018
sarrki:

grin grin

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: 2019 Presidency: Atiku, Dankwambo At War In Gombe by rocoh(m): 9:11am On Jan 06, 2018
Dankwanmbo hmmmm.

2 Likes

Re: 2019 Presidency: Atiku, Dankwambo At War In Gombe by nwanza1: 9:12am On Jan 06, 2018
[s]
omenkaLives:
No comment. cheesy cheesy
[/s]
shatap no comments because you supposed to be commenting on relevant issues concerning your state Benue
you no dey shame?

6 Likes

(1) (2) (3) (Reply)

Amaechi Clashed With Segun Sowunmi At Symposium (WATCH) / What Will Happen If Buhari Rejects Onnoghen’s Resignation – Clarke / Reno Omokri: Nnamdi Kanu's Influence Reducing Because Of His Utterances

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 36
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.