Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,149,939 members, 7,806,719 topics. Date: Tuesday, 23 April 2024 at 09:45 PM

What Should I Do If I Am In A Plane That Is About To Crash In Minutes? - Travel (3) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Travel / What Should I Do If I Am In A Plane That Is About To Crash In Minutes? (35482 Views)

The First Flight Of New Airbus BelugaXL Cargo Plane That Looks Like Whale / Inside Putin's N180b Presidential Plane That Includes Gold-plated Toilet & A Gym / Wreckage Of A Plane That Crashed In Canada And Everyone Survived (Photos) (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: What Should I Do If I Am In A Plane That Is About To Crash In Minutes? by amnesty7: 11:25am On Jan 06, 2018
hertz9te:
my edo people can't relate to this....if the plane crash let it crash,,they're still flying to their destination ✈✈
Rome or Florence or Milan in that country...
Re: What Should I Do If I Am In A Plane That Is About To Crash In Minutes? by Damfostopper(m): 11:25am On Jan 06, 2018
who get time to do all this.... ogbeni na to break screen comot
Re: What Should I Do If I Am In A Plane That Is About To Crash In Minutes? by Nobody: 11:28am On Jan 06, 2018
amnesty7:
Is this part of your 2018 plans?

1 Like

Re: What Should I Do If I Am In A Plane That Is About To Crash In Minutes? by engrelvis(m): 11:30am On Jan 06, 2018
amnesty7:
Is this part of your 2018 plans?
grin grin grin
Re: What Should I Do If I Am In A Plane That Is About To Crash In Minutes? by Nobody: 11:30am On Jan 06, 2018
onosprince:
Ask for parachute and put it on. Then jump off the plane... Abi you no dey watch American movie
And probably land in the sea I suppose grin grin
Re: What Should I Do If I Am In A Plane That Is About To Crash In Minutes? by Nobody: 11:30am On Jan 06, 2018
mokoshalb:
So you have a few minutes to decide what to do before a plane crash? Excellent! I say 'excellent' because you have a viable chance to save your life, an experience that has cheated many others from survival.

Remove everything sharp from your pockets. Loosen your belt and remove your tie or scarf. Remove high heeled shoes. Take glasses off for landing so they don't fly off so are available to help you see your way out if you need them.

Know where your closest exit is and a backup for the type of landing... some exits can't be used in water landings. Count the number of rows to those exits and try to identify any protrusions that you might use to find them if the cabin is full of smoke.

Stay in your seat until instructed. Do not open a door or window exit without direct instructions from a flight attendant.

Have a piece of cloth (preferably damp) to assist in breathing if there is smoke. If there is smoke during evacuation, stay as low as possible.

Follow the instructions of the flight attendants in their pre-landing briefing. If everyone is on the same page and understands what is expected of them, people will be working together to get everyone out.  Don't waste your time taking video with your camera.... LISTEN and PAY ATTENTION. If you survive with a video, it's cool. If you die because you were more interested in taking a video than paying attention, it's not so cool.

If a water landing DO NOT inflate your lifevest until you are actually at the doorway. If you inflate it and the aircraft fills with water, you will get trapped on the ceiling and not be able to swim underwater to get out the exit. If this happens, get out of your lifevest to be able to swim out and hang onto someone once out. Lifevests easily buoy 2 people.

Although you didn't ask, after exiting the aircraft, move well away towards the wind so that smoke and fire move away from you. Do not lie down in tall grass. Do not completely leave the area so that you can be accounted for.

All that being said, most catastrophic crashes are not anticipated so it is rare to get much advance notice. In those cases, if you survive, follow the flight attendants' directions and don't take anything with you.

Source: https://www.mokoshalb.com/plane-crash-minutes/

What of if you are in a keke or you are trekking and moto wan jam the keke or you?
Re: What Should I Do If I Am In A Plane That Is About To Crash In Minutes? by makky555(f): 11:31am On Jan 06, 2018
chillychill:
damn! See kwesion... Well, I'll just start praying to God to forgive all my shortcomings n kip shouting lahi laha ila n la wink till my last breathe(I hope n pray i remember sha o cos e no easy o) cheesy

Tot you didn't believe in God
Re: What Should I Do If I Am In A Plane That Is About To Crash In Minutes? by newoffer: 11:31am On Jan 06, 2018
The moment the ever smiling air hostess will be trembling from their voice.
Re: What Should I Do If I Am In A Plane That Is About To Crash In Minutes? by sam1990(m): 11:34am On Jan 06, 2018
Confess your sins and ask for Gods mercy.
Re: What Should I Do If I Am In A Plane That Is About To Crash In Minutes? by correctguy101(m): 11:34am On Jan 06, 2018
GdexFolami:
Alaye open/break the windscreen and jump o

Na inside the engine you fit go land o. Believe me, that thing fit suck in a live dinosaur. tongue
Re: What Should I Do If I Am In A Plane That Is About To Crash In Minutes? by nkemjacob2(m): 11:36am On Jan 06, 2018
I tout para shoot are located in every seat.... Abi Den done Sell am
Re: What Should I Do If I Am In A Plane That Is About To Crash In Minutes? by tealaw(m): 11:37am On Jan 06, 2018
Hang urself
Re: What Should I Do If I Am In A Plane That Is About To Crash In Minutes? by engrelvis(m): 11:39am On Jan 06, 2018
Seriously what type of topic is dis? What is op trying to do? Frighten people from entering plane.anybody entering plane must v heart stopping moments once in a while.what I believe is when yr time to go comes nothing can stop it,plane crash or nt.forget village people.dey dnt v power again.is all in yr head or mindset

1 Like

Re: What Should I Do If I Am In A Plane That Is About To Crash In Minutes? by williamdeluxe(m): 11:39am On Jan 06, 2018
Yea only three ways you'll die in a plane crash....

Plane slams into ground inertia takes place you die.....

Plane skids across floor catches on fire you die......

No seatbelt, plane crashes you fly around hit shit and die. Or heart attacks....
Re: What Should I Do If I Am In A Plane That Is About To Crash In Minutes? by Godsaves18(m): 11:45am On Jan 06, 2018
I think this topic is unnecessary, what are you trying to achieve?...did you know that there are lots of persons in this forum who has this phobia for airplane and are battling to kill it...posts like this will only worsen it.
Between its a new year and you should be dwelling on something positive not all this.

1 Like

Re: What Should I Do If I Am In A Plane That Is About To Crash In Minutes? by ahmEenu(m): 11:47am On Jan 06, 2018
this is just a waste of time . who will die will still die
Re: What Should I Do If I Am In A Plane That Is About To Crash In Minutes? by Nobody: 11:49am On Jan 06, 2018
TOPCRUISE:
If the plane is hovering in an atlantic ocean, then you are lucky. Open the door and jump off the plane before the plane hovers to a dry land kiss
hahahah if plane wan crash if u stand up. Plane go fling u around and ur neck go break

2 Likes

Re: What Should I Do If I Am In A Plane That Is About To Crash In Minutes? by Waffarianman(m): 11:49am On Jan 06, 2018
Where is he from Kenya abi naso dia reasoning dey be
Re: What Should I Do If I Am In A Plane That Is About To Crash In Minutes? by Nobody: 11:51am On Jan 06, 2018
Just pray the Lord your soul to keep and prepare for the worse.
Re: What Should I Do If I Am In A Plane That Is About To Crash In Minutes? by lollmaolol(m): 11:53am On Jan 06, 2018
koolaid87:
Say your last prayer

I was gon say same
Re: What Should I Do If I Am In A Plane That Is About To Crash In Minutes? by dingbang(m): 11:54am On Jan 06, 2018
Which one be all this lecture for plane wey dey about to crash ni? Abi how many plane crashes wey you see wey people survive... Even girl wey survive sosoliso, her body been get high degree burns..

Leave all this crap, if God say u no go die for plane..if you like dey the engine room, you ain't dying.

1 Like

Re: What Should I Do If I Am In A Plane That Is About To Crash In Minutes? by henryhemon(m): 11:55am On Jan 06, 2018
mokoshalb:
So you have a few minutes to decide what to do before a plane crash? Excellent! I say 'excellent' because you have a viable chance to save your life, an experience that has cheated many others from survival.

Remove everything sharp from your pockets. Loosen your belt and remove your tie or scarf. Remove high heeled shoes. Take glasses off for landing so they don't fly off so are available to help you see your way out if you need them.

Know where your closest exit is and a backup for the type of landing... some exits can't be used in water landings. Count the number of rows to those exits and try to identify any protrusions that you might use to find them if the cabin is full of smoke.

Stay in your seat until instructed. Do not open a door or window exit without direct instructions from a flight attendant.

Have a piece of cloth (preferably damp) to assist in breathing if there is smoke. If there is smoke during evacuation, stay as low as possible.

Follow the instructions of the flight attendants in their pre-landing briefing. If everyone is on the same page and understands what is expected of them, people will be working together to get everyone out.  Don't waste your time taking video with your camera.... LISTEN and PAY ATTENTION. If you survive with a video, it's cool. If you die because you were more interested in taking a video than paying attention, it's not so cool.

If a water landing DO NOT inflate your lifevest until you are actually at the doorway. If you inflate it and the aircraft fills with water, you will get trapped on the ceiling and not be able to swim underwater to get out the exit. If this happens, get out of your lifevest to be able to swim out and hang onto someone once out. Lifevests easily buoy 2 people.

Although you didn't ask, after exiting the aircraft, move well away towards the wind so that smoke and fire move away from you. Do not lie down in tall grass. Do not completely leave the area so that you can be accounted for.

All that being said, most catastrophic crashes are not anticipated so it is rare to get much advance notice. In those cases, if you survive, follow the flight attendants' directions and don't take anything with you.

Source: https://www.mokoshalb.com/plane-crash-minutes/

They are helpful tips but the part of waiting for flight attendants instruction is stupid, flight attendants are they super human? Aren't they affected too??. Wait when a plane is about to crash or have crashed you will still have to wait for flight attendant who might be alive or not to give you instructions? Delete that part please is really dumb. Seems Op haven't use this means of transport before common turbulence your body go hear Am,you don't even have time to think....just pray that's all,all those remedies can't save you.

2 Likes

Re: What Should I Do If I Am In A Plane That Is About To Crash In Minutes? by Seyeblessed: 11:56am On Jan 06, 2018
To add to the OP's points, adopt a brace position to increase your chances of surviving the actual impact of the crash. Nobody prays to be in a crash but it is good to know how to survive one

1 Like

Re: What Should I Do If I Am In A Plane That Is About To Crash In Minutes? by Pat081: 11:58am On Jan 06, 2018
Pray for good dead oooo not d one dat will take one eye one hand n one leg
Re: What Should I Do If I Am In A Plane That Is About To Crash In Minutes? by gregyboy(m): 12:01pm On Jan 06, 2018
Just call your village people nd beg them tell them when you come bck you come and see them

Just watch how the plane will stop...gringringrin

Thank me later you know!!

1 Like

Re: What Should I Do If I Am In A Plane That Is About To Crash In Minutes? by Josephamstrong1(m): 12:02pm On Jan 06, 2018
Just sleep or close ya eyes.
Re: What Should I Do If I Am In A Plane That Is About To Crash In Minutes? by Psoul(m): 12:11pm On Jan 06, 2018
mokoshalb:

All that being said, most catastrophic crashes are not anticipated so it is rare to get much advance notice. In those cases, if you survive, follow the flight attendants' directions and don't take anything with you.Source: https://www.mokoshalb.com/plane-crash-minutes/

...So the Flight Attendant no dey die abi. She will just stand dia dishing out instruction while the crash is taking place.

Even after the crash, she will still be dishing out more instructions. Those ppl must be a kinda god.
Re: What Should I Do If I Am In A Plane That Is About To Crash In Minutes? by HAH: 12:15pm On Jan 06, 2018
Move to the tail part, most people that survived air crash sat at the tail part

2 Likes

Re: What Should I Do If I Am In A Plane That Is About To Crash In Minutes? by yunggreat(m): 12:20pm On Jan 06, 2018
Jst put ya earpiece 4 ear, find "book of life" by bro nathaniel bassey and play...chikina undecidedJst put ya earpiece 4 ear, find "book of life" by bro nathaniel bassey and play...chikina
Re: What Should I Do If I Am In A Plane That Is About To Crash In Minutes? by BiadeFolar(m): 12:25pm On Jan 06, 2018
Record a video of u reeling ur will, send it to ur lawyer and say ur last prayers
Re: What Should I Do If I Am In A Plane That Is About To Crash In Minutes? by Alariiwo: 12:28pm On Jan 06, 2018
Say your last prayers of course grin

And make sure you choose your last words carefully.
Re: What Should I Do If I Am In A Plane That Is About To Crash In Minutes? by Adukey(f): 12:28pm On Jan 06, 2018
That's why I like Travelling by road when going abroad,I'm so scared of planes and crashes...what am I saying sef,never been on a plane before,who'll help fulfill my dream of Travelling on a plane?

1 Like

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (Reply)

Air Peace Promotes First Officer - Biodun Apata To Captain / Please How Much Do Dey Sell Ticket To South Africa / 14 Places Not To Park Your Car – FRSC

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 40
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.