Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,024 members, 7,807,020 topics. Date: Wednesday, 24 April 2024 at 08:40 AM

What Is The Difference Btw Treasury Bill And Fixed Deposit - Business - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Business / What Is The Difference Btw Treasury Bill And Fixed Deposit (37664 Views)

Can Someone Withdraw Money From Fixed Deposit Before Maturity? / CBN Crashes Treasury Bills Rates To Single Digits / CBN To Sell N252bn Treasury Bills Next Week (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (Reply) (Go Down)

What Is The Difference Btw Treasury Bill And Fixed Deposit by id2011(m): 11:13am On Jan 06, 2018
What is the diffrence btw treasury bill buying and fixed money in account, pls becos i have a brother that want to go it. which one it's ok to invest on

2 Likes

Re: What Is The Difference Btw Treasury Bill And Fixed Deposit by Sage7(m): 11:33am On Jan 06, 2018
TB- interest is received at the point of debit. FD- interest is received when it is terminated.

TB- tenure must be complete before termination. FD- you can terminate anytime.

TB- interest is slightly higher vice-versa

126 Likes 10 Shares

Re: What Is The Difference Btw Treasury Bill And Fixed Deposit by id2011(m): 12:04pm On Jan 06, 2018
[quote author=Sage7 post=63943813]TB- interest is received at the point of debit. FD- interest is received when it is terminated.

TB- interest is slightly higher vic, thanks what is the interest rate of TB AND FD, WHICH ONE IS GOOD TO INVEST ON
Re: What Is The Difference Btw Treasury Bill And Fixed Deposit by Sage7(m): 12:11pm On Jan 06, 2018
Depends on how much you want to invest ...if it is money you won't need till it matures, go for TB.

5 Likes

Re: What Is The Difference Btw Treasury Bill And Fixed Deposit by Nobody: 9:44pm On Jan 06, 2018
TB is best for long term investors. While the later for short-term investors.
TB rocks though.

16 Likes

Re: What Is The Difference Btw Treasury Bill And Fixed Deposit by XXLDICK(m): 7:30am On Jan 07, 2018
Treasury bills are loans sold by FG and usually have higher interest rates compared to fixed deposits

Fixed deposit on the other is a form of savings with some kind of restrictions and yields interest

For treasury bills, you have no access to your money until it's duration elapses unlike fixed deposits.

27 Likes 3 Shares

Re: What Is The Difference Btw Treasury Bill And Fixed Deposit by cosby02(m): 7:30am On Jan 07, 2018
Actually
To be realistic
I do not like to lie
I do not know.

71 Likes 4 Shares

Re: What Is The Difference Btw Treasury Bill And Fixed Deposit by YelloweWest: 7:30am On Jan 07, 2018
Tb is yields more interest and is more secure since it is back up by govt.

3 Likes

Re: What Is The Difference Btw Treasury Bill And Fixed Deposit by kingpole: 7:31am On Jan 07, 2018
I wish I could help sad
Re: What Is The Difference Btw Treasury Bill And Fixed Deposit by northvietnam(m): 7:31am On Jan 07, 2018
Both are trash

2 Likes

Re: What Is The Difference Btw Treasury Bill And Fixed Deposit by Doerstech(m): 7:33am On Jan 07, 2018
northvietnam:
Both are trash
Which is better?

1 Like

Re: What Is The Difference Btw Treasury Bill And Fixed Deposit by b0rn2fuck(m): 7:33am On Jan 07, 2018
Hope sensibilities topic continue making front page from today

42 Likes 3 Shares

Re: What Is The Difference Btw Treasury Bill And Fixed Deposit by ladyF(f): 7:33am On Jan 07, 2018
I can't even use my money to do any of the above. angry I'd rather use it to buy bitcoin when it dips. Bitcoin is bae!

It's LadyF again. grin grin grin

Disclaimer: Please this wasn't investment advise. I'm only a merchant. www.ladyfexchange.com

33 Likes

Re: What Is The Difference Btw Treasury Bill And Fixed Deposit by Nutase: 7:33am On Jan 07, 2018
Re: What Is The Difference Btw Treasury Bill And Fixed Deposit by nnadychuks(m): 7:34am On Jan 07, 2018
Nigerians lazy o. How will someone put money in the bank for a whole month and expect 30%?! Whereas with mental and physical work, he could get 250% with the same money under a month.

14 Likes 2 Shares

Re: What Is The Difference Btw Treasury Bill And Fixed Deposit by pol23: 7:34am On Jan 07, 2018
TB is no long time ooo...
Mine in Diamond bank is for 90 days.
12%.
FD is sh*t

9 Likes

Re: What Is The Difference Btw Treasury Bill And Fixed Deposit by FrenchWay: 7:34am On Jan 07, 2018
I rather use my money to buy 200 bags of beans from Niger.
Resell in August with almost 100% interest

33 Likes 6 Shares

Re: What Is The Difference Btw Treasury Bill And Fixed Deposit by Mintayo(m): 7:34am On Jan 07, 2018
TB for huge investment...
Help save Anu...https://www.nairaland.com/4239439/please-save-sisters-life
Re: What Is The Difference Btw Treasury Bill And Fixed Deposit by nnadychuks(m): 7:35am On Jan 07, 2018
Space booked for illegal parking
Re: What Is The Difference Btw Treasury Bill And Fixed Deposit by bedspread: 7:36am On Jan 07, 2018
To Say The Truth, I DONT KNOW
Re: What Is The Difference Btw Treasury Bill And Fixed Deposit by Nobody: 7:36am On Jan 07, 2018
smiley
Re: What Is The Difference Btw Treasury Bill And Fixed Deposit by northvietnam(m): 7:37am On Jan 07, 2018
Doerstech:

Which is better?

I prefer buying a piece of land or giving out a bus on higher purchase(involve a lawyer in the agreement) than invest in all those trash...

The last one I did made me cry...

3 Likes 2 Shares

Re: What Is The Difference Btw Treasury Bill And Fixed Deposit by kingpole: 7:37am On Jan 07, 2018
Treasury bills is better since you don't need to pay a withholding tax, but for some a fixed deposit may be better since you can decide to withdraw before the fixed date.
Doerstech:

Which is better?

1 Like

Re: What Is The Difference Btw Treasury Bill And Fixed Deposit by Damidolly: 7:37am On Jan 07, 2018
In TB, you'll get ur interest upfront nd the interest is arount 13% but FD interest depends on d amount fixed though usually around 5% and d interest are not opaidaid upfront on like TB.

6 Likes 1 Share

Re: What Is The Difference Btw Treasury Bill And Fixed Deposit by henryomez(m): 7:37am On Jan 07, 2018
Tbills is fix deposit with cbn while the other is with your Bank. Another diff is that tbills Starts from 1m and above while fd is 100k. Tbills has to be either 3months 6months and 1yr while fd is from 1month. Tbills rate is same irrespective of the amount its the tenor that determines the rate while fd ia amount that determines the rate. Fd pays your interest at maturity while tbills pays upfront these are the major diff

81 Likes 9 Shares

Re: What Is The Difference Btw Treasury Bill And Fixed Deposit by MrRhymes101(m): 7:39am On Jan 07, 2018
The poster above me is wise... funny MC

3 Likes

Re: What Is The Difference Btw Treasury Bill And Fixed Deposit by 12345baba(m): 7:39am On Jan 07, 2018
No difference. Only difference is just the different names. But both are set up to reap us off. Tell your cousin to go open poultry

1 Like 1 Share

Re: What Is The Difference Btw Treasury Bill And Fixed Deposit by marooh: 7:40am On Jan 07, 2018
Treasury bill is when u lend government money and they will issue you contract paper to show they are with ur money, and the paper will contain interest rate....

While fixed deposit is when u lend bank money at a specific interest rate....which will be payable into your acct monthly or annually

12 Likes

Re: What Is The Difference Btw Treasury Bill And Fixed Deposit by Atiku2019: 7:40am On Jan 07, 2018
FrenchWay:
I rather use my money to buy 200 bags of beans from Niger.
Resell in August with almost 100% interest

Niger state? Or Country Niger?

How much is a bag of beans now over there and how much will it be in August
Re: What Is The Difference Btw Treasury Bill And Fixed Deposit by Aslawish(m): 7:40am On Jan 07, 2018
TB is the best because it is FG sourced loan which you will receive certificate from CBN on the other hand FTD is sourced by banks to give loan to their customers.

With TB you are more comfortable.

3 Likes

Re: What Is The Difference Btw Treasury Bill And Fixed Deposit by kingpole: 7:41am On Jan 07, 2018
You can't make a guaranteed 10% ROI with nearly no risk by buying a land or a bus in 1 year.
With Tbills or a fixed deposit investment you'd aalready be seeing profit in a few months.

northvietnam:

I prefer buying a piece of land or giving out a bus on higher purchase(involve a lawyer in the agreement) than invest in all those trash...

The last one I did made me cry...

1 Like 1 Share

Re: What Is The Difference Btw Treasury Bill And Fixed Deposit by Beress(m): 7:42am On Jan 07, 2018
pol23:
TB is no long time ooo...
Mine in Diamond bank is for 90 days.
12%.
FD is sh*t

Based on this, it means N1m TB will give u N480k in one year... I think is cool sha

6 Likes 1 Share

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (Reply)

Fidelity Bank Appoints Nneka Onyeali-Ikpe As New MD / Nana Otedola Stunning In A Throwback Photo / OLX Nigeria And So Much Scamming

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 31
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.