Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,143,416 members, 7,781,207 topics. Date: Friday, 29 March 2024 at 10:39 AM

Hassan Dankwambo: A Sure Bet For Another PDP Presidency - Politics (2) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Hassan Dankwambo: A Sure Bet For Another PDP Presidency (22982 Views)

Alhaji Ibrahim Hassan Dankwambo: A Better Choice Before Nigerians / Road To 2019; President Muhammadu Buhari Versus Ibrahim Hassan Dankwambo / Another PDP Senator, John Enoh Decamps To APC (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Hassan Dankwambo: A Sure Bet For Another PDP Presidency by adeblow(m): 7:16pm On Jan 06, 2018
I am Buhari supporter but if he wins the primary I'll vote him

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Hassan Dankwambo: A Sure Bet For Another PDP Presidency by ayusco85(m): 7:16pm On Jan 06, 2018
Watch his odds reduce. His profile is sure rising.

1 Like

Re: Hassan Dankwambo: A Sure Bet For Another PDP Presidency by Nobody: 7:17pm On Jan 06, 2018
@ op.. Since you say its a sure bet?
Though i never had time to read all those epistles
my question is..
Where should we stake it?

Bet9ja or Nairabet?

2 Likes

Re: Hassan Dankwambo: A Sure Bet For Another PDP Presidency by jrusky(m): 7:17pm On Jan 06, 2018
jaymejate:
If I vote any Northerner, make I die

cheesy cheesy cheesy cheesy cheesy No die abeg.

1 Like

Re: Hassan Dankwambo: A Sure Bet For Another PDP Presidency by PMBmustGo2019: 7:23pm On Jan 06, 2018
And finally we have a credible candidate, let the campaign begin

Buhari must go come 2019.

PDP.....Power to the People

3 Likes 1 Share

Re: Hassan Dankwambo: A Sure Bet For Another PDP Presidency by earthcrust: 7:23pm On Jan 06, 2018
I will vote for him

1 Like

Re: Hassan Dankwambo: A Sure Bet For Another PDP Presidency by patrickmuf(m): 7:25pm On Jan 06, 2018
Ulue:
lipsrsealed

Party politics is not getting us the real people that can engineer us to a better future

We need independent candidature...we can start small with local govt elections
I concur, independent candidature will take us to a whole new level...

2 Likes

Re: Hassan Dankwambo: A Sure Bet For Another PDP Presidency by Nobody: 7:26pm On Jan 06, 2018
Good profile he has there, just like our beloved Yar'adua.

I so miss that man. Continue to rip great nationalist.

4 Likes

Re: Hassan Dankwambo: A Sure Bet For Another PDP Presidency by boringnigerian: 7:34pm On Jan 06, 2018
Question to those that should know:

How has he performed ad governor of Gome state?
Re: Hassan Dankwambo: A Sure Bet For Another PDP Presidency by Okoyeeboz: 7:35pm On Jan 06, 2018
Deleted...
Re: Hassan Dankwambo: A Sure Bet For Another PDP Presidency by blessedman12: 7:35pm On Jan 06, 2018
I thought fr. mbaka mentioned something of that nature and many people were insulting him.
Re: Hassan Dankwambo: A Sure Bet For Another PDP Presidency by Adebowale89(m): 7:37pm On Jan 06, 2018
if he can get 6 states in north atleast, 5 in SE, 5 in SS and 3 in southwest then he's good to go

atiku will implicate PDP if they pick him as their candidate
Re: Hassan Dankwambo: A Sure Bet For Another PDP Presidency by K2asure: 7:37pm On Jan 06, 2018
oneluv Nigeria from Atikulate to Dankwamlate 2019 will be interesting.
Re: Hassan Dankwambo: A Sure Bet For Another PDP Presidency by OGHENAOGIE(m): 7:40pm On Jan 06, 2018
jrusky:

Pls who is this Sarrki or Sariki or Saraki? Is he one of Saraki of kwara brother?

Anyway back to the topic all I want is somebody that can push Buhari back to his village his coming back after 2019 is suicidal.

Enough is enough for apc thrash.
nice profile.....i hope pdp gives him the ticket at least he will provide another alternative to buhari and make the political atmosphere interesting moreso independent candidature can be encouraged at least it can wrk at the local govt level den upwards
Re: Hassan Dankwambo: A Sure Bet For Another PDP Presidency by Nobody: 7:42pm On Jan 06, 2018
sarrki:
Though the guy is good

But right now he's over hyped

Lol.
Bubu workers zombie union

2 Likes

Re: Hassan Dankwambo: A Sure Bet For Another PDP Presidency by Nobody: 7:49pm On Jan 06, 2018
No northerner alive can defeat Buhari. Outside Gombe state very few of us have ever heard the name Dankwambo. If that's PDP's plan its DOA

2 Likes

Re: Hassan Dankwambo: A Sure Bet For Another PDP Presidency by Jerryojozy(m): 7:55pm On Jan 06, 2018
I will vote this guy come 2019

Genius J

1 Like 2 Shares

Re: Hassan Dankwambo: A Sure Bet For Another PDP Presidency by Okoroawusa: 7:59pm On Jan 06, 2018
Confused set of ppl
Now it is Dankwambo,no longer Atiku?

Una dey make me shame(spit)
Re: Hassan Dankwambo: A Sure Bet For Another PDP Presidency by Okoroawusa: 8:00pm On Jan 06, 2018
Adebowale89:
if he can get 6 states in north atleast, 5 in SE, 5 in SS and 3 in southwest then he's good to go

atiku will implicate PDP if they pick him as their candidate
See permutation.
Re: Hassan Dankwambo: A Sure Bet For Another PDP Presidency by osscarr(m): 8:08pm On Jan 06, 2018
No b only dankwambo na dankuya

1 Like

Re: Hassan Dankwambo: A Sure Bet For Another PDP Presidency by LZAA: 8:18pm On Jan 06, 2018
FRESHG:
I REALLY DON'T KNOW WHAT IS WRONG WITH YALL ]AFONJA HEADSLAMMERS angry
Fixed angry

1 Like

Re: Hassan Dankwambo: A Sure Bet For Another PDP Presidency by DerideGull(m): 8:19pm On Jan 06, 2018
Spiritualism:
Hassan Dankwambo: A Sure Bet for Another PDP Presidency

By Chief Edwin Emeka Aboh

In less than six months time, active political gymnastics would start across the country in preparation for the 2019 General Elections.

I am talking about party primaries which is one way of pruning down the number of aspirants who have declared interest to run for various elective posts within some political parties.

The Peoples Democratic Party (PDP) and the All Progressives Congress (APC) are the two main parties to look out for because the choice of who gets their tickets for elective positions later in the year especially their presidential candidates would go a long way in determining the strength of supports they would enjoy during next year's general elections.

From the unfolding political realities, it is most certain that President Muhammadu Buhari is going to pick the Presidential ticket of the ruling All Progressives Congress (APC), but that of the main opposition party, the Peoples Democratic Party (PDP) is still in limbo because they have eminently qualified aspirants interested in the party's ticket and are waiting in the wing for electoral guidelines by the Independent National Electoral Commission (INEC).

Some of the aspirants include; the former Vice President, Alhaji Atiku Abubakar, the former Governor of Jigawa State, Alhaji Sule Lamido, the former Governor of Kano State, Mallam Ibrahim Shekarau, the Governor of Ekiti State, Mr. Ayo Fayose and the performing Governor of Gombe State, Alhaji (Dr.) Ibrahim Hassan Dankwambo. Others may throw their hats in to the presidential ring, but are still watching events with keen interest.

Of these aspirants, it is only Governor Hassan Dankwambo that can lead the PDP back to the Presidential Villa after the February 16 Presidential race.

Without being sycophantic, I want to say that all the political odds favours Dr. Dankwambo because he is the only aspirant that can give the PDP a relax mind from any arrest or trumped-up charge during the campaigns because he is still a serving governor with immunity from arrest and prosecution.

Outside the fact that he enjoys immunity from harassment and intimidation, his giant strides in Gombe State would also speak for him during nationwide campaigns.

Though Alhaji Atiku Abubakar is from the same Northeast region with Dr. Dankwambo; a region that have suffered disturbing political neglect since independence. In fact, since the late Prime Minister, Alhaji Abubakar Tafawa Balewa was assassinated, no person from the zone had being elected President of Nigeria either in democracy or in military. But with Governor Dankwambo coming from the zone, his age would serve as great advantage as he will only turn 56 years on April 4th this year.

Dr. Dankwambo being an erudite Economist himself knows how to revamp our national economy and give it a quick fix from the current recession slowing down every sector in the country.

Besides studying Economics at the Msc level, Dr. Dankwambo also has the needed practical skills and experience required to 'quick-fix' the economy as a former senior banker with the Central Bank of Nigeria between 1988 and 1999. His practical knowledge of the nation's accounting system as former Accountant-General of Gombe State as well as the Accountant-General of the Federation will put more money on government accounts which would be used for the country's development.

Dr. Dankwambo had been a loyal and committed party man who did not abandon the party during its turbulent times but silently worked for the reinvention of the PDP back to national reckoning.

Despite being a Governor of the Northeastern state of Gombe; a region ravaged by the activities of the dreaded Boko Haram, Dr. Dankwambo still used good governance and democracy dividends to wrestle the state from the violent activities of the sect.

When the Buhari Tsunami wrecked havoc in the entire northern region in 2015, both Sule Lamido and Ibrahim Shekarau fell victims and lost their states to the APC, but Dr. Dankwambo tactically resisted the the Buhari Tsunami by getting himself re-elected as PDP governor. This is a great feat achieved considering what transpired during the election.

Another factor that will work for Dr. Dankwambo is the fact that he a scandal-free aspirant compared to other contestants. For Instance, Sule Lamido has case with the Economic and Financial Crimes Commission (EFCC) while Ibrahim Shekarau has similar baggage because of Dasuki-Gate. Alhaji Atiku Abubakar has some perception challenges because at the mention of his name, everyone already knows the reaction to get from the people, but Dr. Dankwambo is a clean aspirant without any issue with any of the anti-graft agencies in the country.

Also, his easy-going stature is an added advantage which he will turn in to great asset for the PDP during polls.

Though Governor Ayo Fayose has declared his intention to run for election under the PDP, but he is technically out of the race already because the PDP has zoned it presidential ticket to the north thereby making Fayose's aspiration a dead one.

Former Governor Sule Lamido will be turning 70 this August and would not have the strength and the agility required to embark on vigorous campaigns for the party. Apart from EFCC case, his age will not make him a darling of the youths who wants to change the fortunes of their country. Some of them are already complaining that he does not pick calls neither does he responds to text messages nor grant favour.

Another factor working against him is the fact that he is from the Northwest region; a zone that have produced many civilian and military presidents for the country.

Similar thing can be said of Ibrahim Shekarau who is also from the Northwest region, a geo-political zone that produced the incumbent President Muhammadu Buhari of the ruling APC.

Former Vice President Atiku Abubakar has the required war-chest, Nigerians already have fixed mindset about him. Though he has being trying to endear himself to the youths, but his candidacy may chase the youths away because they are fed-up with septuagenarians.

Therefore, judging by all standards, Dr. Dankwambo is the credible and stainless alternative left for the PDP ahead of the February 16 Presidential race.

If Dr. Dankwambo could achieve that feat of stopping Buhari tsunami in Gombe State for PDP when President Buhari was seen as a messiah in the north, he will surpass it now that Buhari has become Baba-Go-Slow.

Therefore, Dr. Ibrahim Hassan Dankwambo is a sure bet for another PDP Presidency come 2019.

Chief Edwin Emeka Aboh is an award-winning Columnist and Author.

He writes from Anambra State.

Contact this dude on edwinemeka54@gmail.com

Please note that the view expressed here does not reflect the view of Spiritualism but for the sake of deepening public debate.

Signed by member of spiritualism

Nigeria must cease to elect the quota system products from northern region of Nigeria into elective offices.
Re: Hassan Dankwambo: A Sure Bet For Another PDP Presidency by Nobody: 8:20pm On Jan 06, 2018
okay. smiley
Re: Hassan Dankwambo: A Sure Bet For Another PDP Presidency by mrajims(m): 9:07pm On Jan 06, 2018
jaymejate:
If I vote any Northerner, make I die
Oya run go vote fayose. SMH
Re: Hassan Dankwambo: A Sure Bet For Another PDP Presidency by yanshDoctor: 9:09pm On Jan 06, 2018
APC media team is behind this hype. atiku is a formidable force.
Re: Hassan Dankwambo: A Sure Bet For Another PDP Presidency by mrajims(m): 9:09pm On Jan 06, 2018
I think he is d best candidate for PDP. The guy na correct guy
Re: Hassan Dankwambo: A Sure Bet For Another PDP Presidency by MORNDEW(m): 9:13pm On Jan 06, 2018
sunbilor:
Nobody is criticising Buhari BECAUSE HE IS FROM THE NORTH! Is Yaradua whom we supported en mass not from the same Katsina state with Buhari? Buhari is a political mistake that must be corrected by 2019 take it or leave it.
LOL. maybe you need to tell yourself the truth. Cos a news of Crowd cheering Buhari showed the real truth of who your likes hate through the comments emanating from there and other news on this forum.
Talking of 2019, the political mistake according to you would be corrected on Nairaland as usual abi?
Re: Hassan Dankwambo: A Sure Bet For Another PDP Presidency by mrajims(m): 9:13pm On Jan 06, 2018
I think he is d best candidate for PDP. The guy na correct guy, I just like his life style
Re: Hassan Dankwambo: A Sure Bet For Another PDP Presidency by rose54321: 9:13pm On Jan 06, 2018
I actually like this guy, seems enlightened. One of the few governors that have condemned the Fulani isuue, joined the ENDSARS movement and lamented over fuel scarcity during the Yuletide.

2 Likes

Re: Hassan Dankwambo: A Sure Bet For Another PDP Presidency by MORNDEW(m): 9:15pm On Jan 06, 2018
FRESHG:
I REALLY DON'T KNOW WHAT IS WRONG WITH YALL ]ISLAMIC FUNDAMENTALISTS angry
People like you should be properly checked on their mental level.
Re: Hassan Dankwambo: A Sure Bet For Another PDP Presidency by honourhim: 9:17pm On Jan 06, 2018
Spiritualism:
Hassan Dankwambo: A Sure Bet for Another PDP Presidency

By Chief Edwin Emeka Aboh

In less than six months time, active political gymnastics would start across the country in preparation for the 2019 General Elections.

I am talking about party primaries which is one way of pruning down the number of aspirants who have declared interest to run for various elective posts within some political parties.

The Peoples Democratic Party (PDP) and the All Progressives Congress (APC) are the two main parties to look out for because the choice of who gets their tickets for elective positions later in the year especially their presidential candidates would go a long way in determining the strength of supports they would enjoy during next year's general elections.

From the unfolding political realities, it is most certain that President Muhammadu Buhari is going to pick the Presidential ticket of the ruling All Progressives Congress (APC), but that of the main opposition party, the Peoples Democratic Party (PDP) is still in limbo because they have eminently qualified aspirants interested in the party's ticket and are waiting in the wing for electoral guidelines by the Independent National Electoral Commission (INEC).

Some of the aspirants include; the former Vice President, Alhaji Atiku Abubakar, the former Governor of Jigawa State, Alhaji Sule Lamido, the former Governor of Kano State, Mallam Ibrahim Shekarau, the Governor of Ekiti State, Mr. Ayo Fayose and the performing Governor of Gombe State, Alhaji (Dr.) Ibrahim Hassan Dankwambo. Others may throw their hats in to the presidential ring, but are still watching events with keen interest.

Of these aspirants, it is only Governor Hassan Dankwambo that can lead the PDP back to the Presidential Villa after the February 16 Presidential race.

Without being sycophantic, I want to say that all the political odds favours Dr. Dankwambo because he is the only aspirant that can give the PDP a relax mind from any arrest or trumped-up charge during the campaigns because he is still a serving governor with immunity from arrest and prosecution.

Outside the fact that he enjoys immunity from harassment and intimidation, his giant strides in Gombe State would also speak for him during nationwide campaigns.

Though Alhaji Atiku Abubakar is from the same Northeast region with Dr. Dankwambo; a region that have suffered disturbing political neglect since independence. In fact, since the late Prime Minister, Alhaji Abubakar Tafawa Balewa was assassinated, no person from the zone had being elected President of Nigeria either in democracy or in military. But with Governor Dankwambo coming from the zone, his age would serve as great advantage as he will only turn 56 years on April 4th this year.

Dr. Dankwambo being an erudite Economist himself knows how to revamp our national economy and give it a quick fix from the current recession slowing down every sector in the country.

Besides studying Economics at the Msc level, Dr. Dankwambo also has the needed practical skills and experience required to 'quick-fix' the economy as a former senior banker with the Central Bank of Nigeria between 1988 and 1999. His practical knowledge of the nation's accounting system as former Accountant-General of Gombe State as well as the Accountant-General of the Federation will put more money on government accounts which would be used for the country's development.

Dr. Dankwambo had been a loyal and committed party man who did not abandon the party during its turbulent times but silently worked for the reinvention of the PDP back to national reckoning.

Despite being a Governor of the Northeastern state of Gombe; a region ravaged by the activities of the dreaded Boko Haram, Dr. Dankwambo still used good governance and democracy dividends to wrestle the state from the violent activities of the sect.

When the Buhari Tsunami wrecked havoc in the entire northern region in 2015, both Sule Lamido and Ibrahim Shekarau fell victims and lost their states to the APC, but Dr. Dankwambo tactically resisted the the Buhari Tsunami by getting himself re-elected as PDP governor. This is a great feat achieved considering what transpired during the election.

Another factor that will work for Dr. Dankwambo is the fact that he a scandal-free aspirant compared to other contestants. For Instance, Sule Lamido has case with the Economic and Financial Crimes Commission (EFCC) while Ibrahim Shekarau has similar baggage because of Dasuki-Gate. Alhaji Atiku Abubakar has some perception challenges because at the mention of his name, everyone already knows the reaction to get from the people, but Dr. Dankwambo is a clean aspirant without any issue with any of the anti-graft agencies in the country.

Also, his easy-going stature is an added advantage which he will turn in to great asset for the PDP during polls.

Though Governor Ayo Fayose has declared his intention to run for election under the PDP, but he is technically out of the race already because the PDP has zoned it presidential ticket to the north thereby making Fayose's aspiration a dead one.

Former Governor Sule Lamido will be turning 70 this August and would not have the strength and the agility required to embark on vigorous campaigns for the party. Apart from EFCC case, his age will not make him a darling of the youths who wants to change the fortunes of their country. Some of them are already complaining that he does not pick calls neither does he responds to text messages nor grant favour.

Another factor working against him is the fact that he is from the Northwest region; a zone that have produced many civilian and military presidents for the country.

Similar thing can be said of Ibrahim Shekarau who is also from the Northwest region, a geo-political zone that produced the incumbent President Muhammadu Buhari of the ruling APC.

Former Vice President Atiku Abubakar has the required war-chest, Nigerians already have fixed mindset about him. Though he has being trying to endear himself to the youths, but his candidacy may chase the youths away because they are fed-up with septuagenarians.

Therefore, judging by all standards, Dr. Dankwambo is the credible and stainless alternative left for the PDP ahead of the February 16 Presidential race.

If Dr. Dankwambo could achieve that feat of stopping Buhari tsunami in Gombe State for PDP when President Buhari was seen as a messiah in the north, he will surpass it now that Buhari has become Baba-Go-Slow.

Therefore, Dr. Ibrahim Hassan Dankwambo is a sure bet for another PDP Presidency come 2019.

Chief Edwin Emeka Aboh is an award-winning Columnist and Author.

He writes from Anambra State.

Contact this dude on edwinemeka54@gmail.com

Please note that the view expressed here does not reflect the view of Spiritualism but for the sake of deepening public debate.

Signed by member of spiritualism

People with good profile are beginning to come up and this is quite good for us. Buhari's performance is not impressive. I am so disappointed in him but i think the mistake we made is to think that because of his anti corruption stand he will do well in office. How wrong we were.

Buhari lacks leadership skill but he is not a bad man per say.
We need to look for a better candidate that will replace him. Those talking about Atiku should give us a break pls. We are not in a hurry to conclude our choice yet.

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply)

8000 Flee From Rann In Borno To Cameroon After Boko Haram Attack / DSS Clears 21 Nominees As National Assembly Resumes Today / Metuh: Court Orders Dasuki To Enter Witness Box, Rejects Jonathan’s Application

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 67
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.