Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,393 members, 7,808,381 topics. Date: Thursday, 25 April 2024 at 11:14 AM

What's The Difference Between Med Lab Science And Med Lab Tech - Education (4) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Education / What's The Difference Between Med Lab Science And Med Lab Tech (45736 Views)

Is This Fee Not Outrageous? (UNICAL Med Lab 4th Year) / Kendra Jumbo: First Class ABSU Med. Lab. Science Best Graduating Student (Photos / Direct Entry Courses For SLT (science Lab Tech) (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: What's The Difference Between Med Lab Science And Med Lab Tech by pinkylovely: 7:24pm On Jan 15, 2018
Quelme:
LIST OF UNIVERSITIES THAT OFFER MEDICAL LABORATORY SCIENCE IN NIGERIA

Ladoke Akintola University, Osun state

Babcock University, Ogun state

Ebonyi state University, Ebonyi state
University of Nigeria, Enugu state

University of Calabar, Cross-Rivers state

Ambrose Ali University, Edo state

Nnamdi Azikiwe University, Anambra state

Madonna University, Rivers state

University of Lagos, Lagos state

University of Benin, Edo state

Niger Delta University, Bayelsa state

Rivers state University of science and technology, Rivers state

Igbenedion University, Edo state

Abia state University, Abia state

Afe-Babalola University, Ekiti state

Acheivers University, Ondo state

University of Maiduguri, Borno state

Bayero University, Kano state

Usman Danfodio University, |Sokoto state

University of Jos, Plateau state.

There you have it, the list of universities that offer medical laboratory science in Nigeria, if you chose to study this course in any of these universities, you are very safe as they have full accreditations.

Rivers state University offers medical laboratory technology not medical laboratory science
Re: What's The Difference Between Med Lab Science And Med Lab Tech by pinkylovely: 7:28pm On Jan 15, 2018
baleis14:
Dont give urself uneccessary headache here with different idean. Am a Medical Laboratory Technician From College of health akure, ondo state. There is far different between mlt and mls. But we have medical lab assistance (2yrs certificate), medical lab technician (3yrs diploma), medical laboratory technology (4yrs HND), medical lab scicientist (5yrs Bsc). They are all both med lab perssonel with diferent cadre and level. They Perform the Same duty with diferent resposibilities.

I appreciate your answer. But I just wanted knowing the difference between medical laboratory technology and medical laboratory science. It seems a lot of people think I refer to MLT as medical laboratory technician. And you just indicated that medical laboratory technology is a 4years HND course. HND is a polytechnic degree, right? But Rivers state University offers medical laboratory technology. I'm sure i won't be given a HND programme.
Re: What's The Difference Between Med Lab Science And Med Lab Tech by arinzos(m): 8:17pm On Jan 15, 2018
pinkylovely:

I appreciate your answer. But I just wanted knowing the difference between medical laboratory technology and medical laboratory science. It seems a lot of people think I refer to MLT as medical laboratory technician. And you just indicated that medical laboratory technology is a 4years HND course. HND is a polytechnic degree, right? But Rivers state University offers medical laboratory technology. I'm sure i won't be given a HND programme.
I think both of them are the same(Medical laboratory technology and Medical laboratory science).Most schools have not yet updated themselves that it is now "science and not technology".For example,in my school UNN we are referred to as Medical laboratory technology even in some of their official documents.But we all know we are in MLS. MLT(medical laboratory technician) and MLA (medical laboratory assistant) are diploma certificates,i don't think any school awards HND in MLT(if there is please do tell).the degree awarded to anyone that studied MLS/technology whether in a technology University or conventional is BMLS not BTech or whatever.BMLS is a specialized/a professional degree not your conventional Bsc.
Re: What's The Difference Between Med Lab Science And Med Lab Tech by pinkylovely: 8:51pm On Jan 15, 2018
arinzos:

I think both of them are the same(Medical laboratory technology and Medical laboratory science).Most schools have not yet updated themselves that it is now "science and not technology".For example,in my school UNN we are referred to as Medical laboratory technology even in some of their official documents.But we all know we are in MLS. MLT(medical laboratory technician) and MLA (medical laboratory assistant) are diploma certificates,i don't think any school awards HND in MLT(if there is please do tell).the degree awarded to anyone that studied MLS/technology whether in a technology University or conventional is BMLS not BTech or whatever.BMLS is a specialized/a professional degree not your conventional Bsc.

thank you. But from my own little research. Medical laboratory science is a 5 year course whereas medical laboratory technology is a 4 year course. Why's that?
Re: What's The Difference Between Med Lab Science And Med Lab Tech by arinzos(m): 10:12pm On Jan 15, 2018
pinkylovely:

thank you. But from my own little research. Medical laboratory science is a 5 year course whereas medical laboratory technology is a 4 year course. Why's that?
Its the same,especially in Nigeria.But if it overseas,their educational/university requirement is different.
Re: What's The Difference Between Med Lab Science And Med Lab Tech by nelszx: 8:33pm On Jan 16, 2018
pinkylovely:

When I said MLT, I referred to medical laboratory technology. It is offered in Rivers state university
Rivers state university doesn't study MLTechnology. Be careful what you share online it has always been MLS and award BMLS degree.
Re: What's The Difference Between Med Lab Science And Med Lab Tech by nelszx: 8:38pm On Jan 16, 2018
pinkylovely:

Rivers state University offers medical laboratory technology not medical laboratory science

And you sure it's Rivers State University that offered you admission?

http://www.rsu.edu.ng/index.php/science/128-department-of-medical-laboratory-science

Re: What's The Difference Between Med Lab Science And Med Lab Tech by pinkylovely: 10:13am On Jan 19, 2018
nelszx:

Rivers state university doesn't study MLTechnology. Be careful what you share online it has always been MLS and award BMLS degree.

I have not been offered admission yet. But I went to register for JAMB and my aim was 'medical laboratory science' not medical laboratory technology. I was only dissapointed to find out it was medical laboratory technology that was being offered.
Re: What's The Difference Between Med Lab Science And Med Lab Tech by pinkylovely: 10:15am On Jan 19, 2018
nelszx:

And you sure it's Rivers State University that offered you admission?

http://www.rsu.edu.ng/index.php/science/128-department-of-medical-laboratory-science

Yes. Very sure. Is it not rivers state university of science and technology? I registered for JAMB and the list of courses offered there, medical lab science was not included. It was medical laboratory technology
Re: What's The Difference Between Med Lab Science And Med Lab Tech by pinkylovely: 10:16am On Jan 19, 2018
arinzos:

Its the same,especially in Nigeria.But if it overseas,their educational/university requirement is different.

okay. thank you very much
Re: What's The Difference Between Med Lab Science And Med Lab Tech by baleis14(m): 10:23am On Jan 19, 2018
if dat is d case dere you will b offer Btech MLT Instead Of Bsc MLS which .But still we have place were dey offer MLT as ND and HND.
Re: What's The Difference Between Med Lab Science And Med Lab Tech by nelszx: 12:19pm On Jan 19, 2018
pinkylovely:

I have not been offered admission yet. But I went to register for JAMB and my aim was 'medical laboratory science' not medical laboratory technology. I was only dissapointed to find out it was medical laboratory technology that was being offered.

Maybe they aren't operating on an upgraded database cos if it's JAMB you went through then be rest assured it's Medical Laboratory Science you'll finally be given.
Re: What's The Difference Between Med Lab Science And Med Lab Tech by nelszx: 12:25pm On Jan 19, 2018
baleis14:
if dat is d case dere you will b offer Btech MLT Instead Of Bsc MLS which.
None of the two, MLS degree is unique as it doesn't go with a Bsc or Btech attached. If the degree is coming from an approved university then B.MLS (Bachelor of Medical Laboratory Science) it is; not Bsc MLS or Btech MLT (non-existent).

But still we have place were dey offer MLT as ND and HND.
Yes only colleges of health technology gives such.
Medical Laboratory Assistants (MLA) are OND equivalent.
Medical Laboratory Technicians (MLT) are HND equivalent.
Re: What's The Difference Between Med Lab Science And Med Lab Tech by pinkylovely: 6:29pm On Jan 19, 2018
nelszx:

Maybe they aren't operating on an upgraded database cos if it's JAMB you went through then be rest assured it's Medical Laboratory Science you'll finally be given.

Thanks. You school there?
Re: What's The Difference Between Med Lab Science And Med Lab Tech by nelszx: 9:26pm On Jan 19, 2018
pinkylovely:

Thanks. You school there?

grin grin No
Not every comment is from a student wink
Re: What's The Difference Between Med Lab Science And Med Lab Tech by baleis14(m): 9:10pm On Jan 23, 2018
Yes U Got d idea of d BMLS and not Bsc and for technology, its BMLT. And moreso MLA are not OND holder likewise MLTechnician are not HND holder. MLA is a certificate while MLTechnician is Diploma but you get OND and HND when you study MLTechnology from health technology. I think to make it clearer, this is from the Medical Lab Scientist Association Of Nigeria proffesional booklet issued to us as a med lab technician. tnx
Re: What's The Difference Between Med Lab Science And Med Lab Tech by baleis14(m): 9:14pm On Jan 23, 2018
dey are not the same
Re: What's The Difference Between Med Lab Science And Med Lab Tech by nelszx: 9:12am On Jan 25, 2018
baleis14:
Yes U Got d idea of d BMLS and not Bsc and for technology, its BMLT. And moreso MLA are not OND holder likewise MLTechnician are not HND holder. MLA is a certificate while MLTechnician is Diploma but you get OND and HND when you study MLTechnology from health technology. I think to make it clearer, this is from the Medical Lab Scientist Association Of Nigeria proffesional booklet issued to us as a med lab technician. tnx

Well no such degree in the world as BMLT no such degree exist anywhere in the world.
I didn't outrightly say MLA and MLT are OND and HND. My grammar is MLA certificate is OND "equivalent" while MLT certificate is HND "equivalent".
Re: What's The Difference Between Med Lab Science And Med Lab Tech by baleis14(m): 10:22pm On Jan 29, 2018
nelszx:

Well no such degree in the world as BMLT no such degree exist anywhere in the world.
I didn't outrightly say MLA and MLT are OND and HND. My grammar is MLA certificate is OND "equivalent" while MLT certificate is HND "equivalent".
Re: What's The Difference Between Med Lab Science And Med Lab Tech by baleis14(m): 10:23pm On Jan 29, 2018
Gr8t... But my BMLT means BTech
Re: What's The Difference Between Med Lab Science And Med Lab Tech by nelszx: 10:33pm On Jan 29, 2018
baleis14:
Gr8t...
But my BMLT means BTech
BMLT from where now
Which school
Re: What's The Difference Between Med Lab Science And Med Lab Tech by baleis14(m): 10:37pm On Jan 29, 2018
Not really BMLT as u said but BTech check ur mlsn regulatory council handbook now or u browse it online
Re: What's The Difference Between Med Lab Science And Med Lab Tech by arinzos(m): 6:18am On Jan 30, 2018
baleis14:
Not really BMLT as u said but BTech
check ur mlsn regulatory council handbook now or u browse it online
Did you graduate with B.Tech?
No university,be it coventional or technological awards B.Tech in MLS don't confuse yourself.
Re: What's The Difference Between Med Lab Science And Med Lab Tech by nelszx: 8:17am On Jan 30, 2018
baleis14:
Not really BMLT as u said but BTech

You sure it's not BTech in SLT
Cos on MLSCN pages only B.MLS and MLS.D (a new degree) are the degrees you'd see and even LaUtech (the only university of technology) awarding MLS degrees don't even give BTech but rather B.MLS (internationally recognised degree).
So you can do well and furnish us the school that awarded you Btech make we confirm your claims.

check ur mlsn regulatory council handbook now or u browse it online

Please furnish us links online cos it's now obvious your lies are getting complex. MLSCN doesn't give handbook, the only thing given is the MLSCN Act to go and study to guide your practice.

My brother its either you don't know what you studied, or you are lying or you just want to claim relevance.

Modified: I just read where you said you are a technician, college of health technology doesn't give a bachelors degree so stop confusing yourself. What you have is an associate diploma (certificate) in medical laboratory technology (technician) as awarded by all colleges of health technology.
Re: What's The Difference Between Med Lab Science And Med Lab Tech by baleis14(m): 10:32pm On Jan 31, 2018
Hey i never sey college of health award bachelor degree
Re: What's The Difference Between Med Lab Science And Med Lab Tech by nelszx: 4:53pm On Feb 01, 2018
baleis14:
Am a Medical Laboratory Technician From College of health akure, ondo state

baleis14:
Gr8t...
But my BMLT means BTech

baleis14:
Hey i never sey college of health award bachelor degree

There's no consistency in your posts....
You attended college of health Akure and you are talking about BMLT how do you marry both

1 Like

Re: What's The Difference Between Med Lab Science And Med Lab Tech by bhankymyk(m): 1:09am On Jun 07, 2018
nelszx:

There's no consistency in your posts....
You attended college of health Akure and you are talking about BMLT how do you marry both
Good Morning,need some enquires about College of Health Technology.
how the forms can be obtained also their fees. Thanks
Awaiting your response

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply)

Name And Shame: Nigerian University Hostels / Can You Solve This Primary School Quantitative / Pictures Of University Of Ilorin, The Better By Far

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 47
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.