Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,184 members, 7,807,617 topics. Date: Wednesday, 24 April 2024 at 04:15 PM

Cardinal Okogie To Buhari: "You Must Be A Joker For Thinking Of 2019 Now" - Religion - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Religion / Cardinal Okogie To Buhari: "You Must Be A Joker For Thinking Of 2019 Now" (32662 Views)

Catholic Church Doesn’t Run On Tithe– Cardinal Okogie Fires Back At Gov. Bello / Cardinal Okogie Slams Pastor Adeboye For Building Churches Everywhere / Nigeria Will Be Worse If Buhari Wins 2nd Term - Cardinal Okogie (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (Reply) (Go Down)

Cardinal Okogie To Buhari: "You Must Be A Joker For Thinking Of 2019 Now" by Nobody: 2:12pm On Jan 06, 2018
Okojie is quite upset about campaigns for a 2019 when so many things are falling apart in Nigeria

Okogie: Buhari for second term? He should respect himself and retire

Olubunmi Okogie, archbishop emeritus of the Catholic archdiocese of Lagos, says President Muhammadu Buhari should respect himself and retire quietly.

Although Buhari has not spoken publicly about his decision on the next election, there are indications that the president intends to stay in office beyond 2019.

On Wednesday Adebayo Shittu, minister of communications, said the campaign for the re-election of Buhari had commenced.

He also disclosed that the south-west campaign offices would be inaugurated on January 20.

Shittu spoke after meeting with the president.

There are reports that Rotimi Amaechi, minister of transportation, has been appointed as the director-general of Buhari campaign.

Speaking with New Telegraph, Okogie it is an insult to Nigerians for the president to be talking about 2019 election.

The archbishop advised Buhari to be thinking of finding solutions to the problems confronting Nigerians.

“What has he done in the years he had been in the saddle? He has performed woefully; that’s the verdict of Nigerians,” Okogie said.

“Let the president respect himself and retire quietly. Coming out to talk of 2019 is insulting not only to those who voted him to power but to all Nigerians.

“There are so many problems confronting the people and he should be thinking of what to do about them. For second term, he must be a joker.

“That is all I can say for now because I don’t want to dignify them with a lengthy statement. It is not worth it.”

https://www.thecable.ng/okogie-buhari-respect-retire-quietly/amp?__twitter_impression=true

108 Likes 6 Shares

Re: Cardinal Okogie To Buhari: "You Must Be A Joker For Thinking Of 2019 Now" by madridguy(m): 2:13pm On Jan 06, 2018
Sai Baba till 2023

24 Likes 5 Shares

Re: Cardinal Okogie To Buhari: "You Must Be A Joker For Thinking Of 2019 Now" by Nutase: 2:16pm On Jan 06, 2018
i love catholic leaders. They are fearless and cant be compromised grin

414 Likes 21 Shares

Re: Cardinal Okogie To Buhari: "You Must Be A Joker For Thinking Of 2019 Now" by bugidon(m): 2:18pm On Jan 06, 2018
Buhari will be disgraced out of office come 2019

228 Likes 8 Shares

Re: Cardinal Okogie To Buhari: "You Must Be A Joker For Thinking Of 2019 Now" by seniormallam(m): 2:19pm On Jan 06, 2018
according to dr junaid: PMB has ran out of bad ideas talkless of good ones, that's epic

340 Likes 15 Shares

Re: Cardinal Okogie To Buhari: "You Must Be A Joker For Thinking Of 2019 Now" by hedonistical: 2:19pm On Jan 06, 2018
madridguy:
Sai Baba till 2023

Whoever came up with that 'zombie' description for you idiots must be a genius. It fits you lot perfectly.

360 Likes 27 Shares

Re: Cardinal Okogie To Buhari: "You Must Be A Joker For Thinking Of 2019 Now" by magoo10(m): 2:24pm On Jan 06, 2018
Buhari should go back to his local talent of cattle rearing,he is a big joke when it comes to leading a nation.

167 Likes 7 Shares

Re: Cardinal Okogie To Buhari: "You Must Be A Joker For Thinking Of 2019 Now" by HeyCorleone(m): 2:28pm On Jan 06, 2018
Nutase:

Spot on. They don't sugarcoat bullshit. They call things the way they are. They are not silly idealists like the leaders of some Churches.

194 Likes 11 Shares

Re: Cardinal Okogie To Buhari: "You Must Be A Joker For Thinking Of 2019 Now" by Ever8054: 2:28pm On Jan 06, 2018
if buhari contest he will still win.we all know how this election thing goes in this country,...them dey count our vote?...what we do in Nigeria is selection not election...

15 Likes 1 Share

Re: Cardinal Okogie To Buhari: "You Must Be A Joker For Thinking Of 2019 Now" by 2cato: 2:28pm On Jan 06, 2018
hedonistical:

Whoever came up with that 'zombie' description for you idiots must be a genus. It fits you lot perfectly.
dem plenty for nairaland

97 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Cardinal Okogie To Buhari: "You Must Be A Joker For Thinking Of 2019 Now" by SweetJoystick(m): 2:30pm On Jan 06, 2018
Well said Okogie

71 Likes

Re: Cardinal Okogie To Buhari: "You Must Be A Joker For Thinking Of 2019 Now" by 2cato: 2:30pm On Jan 06, 2018
madridguy:
Sai Baba till 2023
sai barbar till enternity Who programmed you people like this

106 Likes 3 Shares

Re: Cardinal Okogie To Buhari: "You Must Be A Joker For Thinking Of 2019 Now" by seniormallam(m): 2:32pm On Jan 06, 2018
madridguy:
Sai Baba till 2023
only rehab can help

128 Likes 3 Shares

Re: Cardinal Okogie To Buhari: "You Must Be A Joker For Thinking Of 2019 Now" by kessyur: 2:34pm On Jan 06, 2018
okojie sud calm down and enjoy his retirement in peace.

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Cardinal Okogie To Buhari: "You Must Be A Joker For Thinking Of 2019 Now" by FastShipping: 2:35pm On Jan 06, 2018
2cato:
sai barbar till enternity
Who programmed you people like this

The same people who programmed some of you shouting "Gej till 2019" few years ago programmed the idiots supporting Buhari today.

16 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Cardinal Okogie To Buhari: "You Must Be A Joker For Thinking Of 2019 Now" by 2cato: 2:41pm On Jan 06, 2018
FastShipping:

The same people who programmed some of you shouting "Gej till 2019" few years ago programmed the idiots supporting Buhari today.
who ever programmed those people realy did a bad job i hope it is not u sha

16 Likes 1 Share

Re: Cardinal Okogie To Buhari: "You Must Be A Joker For Thinking Of 2019 Now" by fergie001: 3:33pm On Jan 06, 2018
Jochabed:
This year will be your year IJN,Amen....

In one morning
Dele
Oputa
Cardinal Okogie
That is all I can say for now because I don’t want to dignify them with a lengthy statement. It is not worth it.”

Let us tell the truth,the President hasn't performed.................When a child does well,you promote him
The President doesn't deserve a re-election,because everything he advocated for,he did either worse or the exact opposite...

60 Likes 3 Shares

Re: Cardinal Okogie To Buhari: "You Must Be A Joker For Thinking Of 2019 Now" by delugajackson: 4:22pm On Jan 06, 2018
It is only a madman that can vote for Buhari.

A vote for Buhari is a display of electoral rascality, and well meaning Nigerians are aware of this.

59 Likes 5 Shares

Re: Cardinal Okogie To Buhari: "You Must Be A Joker For Thinking Of 2019 Now" by thechase(m): 4:35pm On Jan 06, 2018
Lol

Re: Cardinal Okogie To Buhari: "You Must Be A Joker For Thinking Of 2019 Now" by AngryNaijaMan: 4:35pm On Jan 06, 2018
And the archbishop supported Buhari in 2015.

47 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Cardinal Okogie To Buhari: "You Must Be A Joker For Thinking Of 2019 Now" by DaddyFreeze: 4:35pm On Jan 06, 2018
Only a fool will not vote buhari out next year. Those who are tired of life and have no future ambition can go ahead and vote for the psychotic dry bone.

39 Likes

Re: Cardinal Okogie To Buhari: "You Must Be A Joker For Thinking Of 2019 Now" by Omeokachie: 4:35pm On Jan 06, 2018
Baba Sala aint got nothing on this president.

4 Likes

Re: Cardinal Okogie To Buhari: "You Must Be A Joker For Thinking Of 2019 Now" by bedspread: 4:36pm On Jan 06, 2018
It's an act of Wickedness for President Buhari to even think or Dream about Re-Election.....

40 Likes 1 Share

Re: Cardinal Okogie To Buhari: "You Must Be A Joker For Thinking Of 2019 Now" by Wiseandtrue(f): 4:37pm On Jan 06, 2018
Campusity:
Okojie is quite upset about campaigns for a 2019 when so many things are falling apart in Nigeria

The archbishop advised Buhari to be thinking of finding solutions to the problems confronting Nigerians.

“What has he done in the years he had been in the saddle? He has performed woefully; that’s the verdict of Nigerians,” Okogie said.

“Let the president respect himself and retire quietly. Coming out to talk of 2019 is insulting not only to those who voted him to power but to all Nigerians.

https://www.thecable.ng/okogie-buhari-respect-retire-quietly/amp?__twitter_impression=true
He cannot give what he does not have.

Every sane Nigerian agrees with you sir.

He should just go!

39 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Cardinal Okogie To Buhari: "You Must Be A Joker For Thinking Of 2019 Now" by musa234(m): 4:37pm On Jan 06, 2018
Buhari must fail.. Insha Allah

19 Likes 1 Share

Re: Cardinal Okogie To Buhari: "You Must Be A Joker For Thinking Of 2019 Now" by IamaNigerianGuy(m): 4:38pm On Jan 06, 2018
Nutase:

Catholics lead the way worldwide.

37 Likes

Re: Cardinal Okogie To Buhari: "You Must Be A Joker For Thinking Of 2019 Now" by Ahamefuna0001(m): 4:38pm On Jan 06, 2018
Cardinal leave him let Ndi ofes be deceivin him that he'll win 2019.
The writing is clearly written on the wall and only the wise can decipher it.
He'll be d4sgraced same way GEJ was disgraced.

17 Likes 1 Share

Re: Cardinal Okogie To Buhari: "You Must Be A Joker For Thinking Of 2019 Now" by psychologist(m): 4:38pm On Jan 06, 2018
My own consign is this harmattan, someone will soak garri, before you add milk, sugar and groundnut the garri has turned to cement. cry

43 Likes

Re: Cardinal Okogie To Buhari: "You Must Be A Joker For Thinking Of 2019 Now" by wtfcoded: 4:38pm On Jan 06, 2018
Hahahaha.
Tell the sack of bones biko.

I've found a good meme

10 Likes 1 Share

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (Reply)

World Likely To End On September 23, As Experts Match Great Pyramid, Bible Dates / I Pray To Die Same Day With My Wife Says E.A Adeboye / Ramadan: I Don’t Fast, Will I Be Punished?

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 23
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.