Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,148,899 members, 7,802,907 topics. Date: Saturday, 20 April 2024 at 03:00 AM

Why Do You Repent But Yet You Keep Falling, Here Is True Repentance - Religion - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Religion / Why Do You Repent But Yet You Keep Falling, Here Is True Repentance (423 Views)

The Only Thing Worse Than Sin Is Guilt. Once You Repent From Any Sin. / Is Planned Repentance True Repentance? / Former Prostitute Marks 3 Months Of Not Having Sex After Her Repentance. Photo (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply)

Why Do You Repent But Yet You Keep Falling, Here Is True Repentance by Alliance01: 2:51pm On Jan 06, 2018
False Repentance involves accepting your wrong, showing remorse but continuing serving  your SELF without denying the core nature of your heart and it leads to death e.g Judas Iscariot - Matthew 27:3-5. Judas Iscariot though realized his wrong he continued following his own deceitful heart that’s why he had to hang himself.
True repentance is denying the core nature of your heart, throwing away your SELF will and leaving everything in the hands of Jesus Christ, it leads to eternal life David - Psalms 51: 5, Peter - Matthew 26:69-75. Peter realized his wrong denied himself and followed the heart of Jesus Christ and he became a successful fisher of men.
True repentance is not saying, “God, I lied. God, I stole. God, I had an abortion. God, I committed adultery. Forgive me.” This is just speaking of a particular symptom or act of a sin relative to your sinful nature which every mankind has inherited.
Understanding of sin is crucial , SIN has two dimensions, there is SIN NATURE we inherited from the fallen man Adam and there is  SYMPTOMS OF SIN NATURE - expression of the sin nature, many times we dwell on the symptoms of sin like the Pharisees when they took a woman caught in one of the symptoms of sin (adultery) to Jesus Christ, they had to dwell on the symptom yet they also had the nature of the , they thought they were clean but they had their own self-righteousness but not true righteousness (Jesus Christ),  that’s why they could not cast a stone on the woman caught in the act of adultery, the moment they stood in front of the one  who is the true righteousness they could realise how dirty they were. Friends instead we need forgiveness of the SIN NATURE we were born with and the symptoms of sin will be taken care of, we became sinners through Adam and we can only become righteous through Christ (Romans 5:19). Deal with cause and the symptom will also disappear, we need the true righteousness who is Jesus Christ, a bad tree must be cut down (Matthew 7), a bad tree is one planted in Adam therefore it must be cut down and be planted in Christ in spirit.  If you are a wild olive tree, it is not one branch that has to be cut off, but the entire tree trunk must be cut off and grafted onto a good olive tree - Jesus Christ. 

“What a wretched man I am! Who will rescue me from this body that is subject to death? Thanks be to God, who delivers me through Jesus Christ our Lord!” (Romans 7: 24-25)
#IAmNotAshamedToPreachTheGospelOfChrist

1 Like

Re: Why Do You Repent But Yet You Keep Falling, Here Is True Repentance by 2cato: 3:59pm On Jan 06, 2018
To me such thing is not easy to explain among christians
Re: Why Do You Repent But Yet You Keep Falling, Here Is True Repentance by Alliance01: 8:35pm On Jan 06, 2018
2cato:
To me such thing is not easy to explain among christians

How is it not easy?

(1) (Reply)

A Question From The Bible "Elijah" / MFM Church Pastor In Police Net Over N8.6m Fraud / Pastor Makes Members Dance Hard Before Giving Them Birthday Cake During Thanksgi

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 10
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.