Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,143,146 members, 7,780,085 topics. Date: Thursday, 28 March 2024 at 09:28 AM

Fulani Herdsmen Again Attack Communities In Logo LGA Of Benue State!!! - Crime - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Crime / Fulani Herdsmen Again Attack Communities In Logo LGA Of Benue State!!! (622 Views)

Herdsmen Again Killed 30 In Zamfara, Scores Injured / Mastermind Of Benue Attacks & Leader Of Killer Herdsmen Arrested By Police. PIC / Fulani Herdsmen Kill One, Injured Many In Logo, Benue State (graphics Photos) (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Fulani Herdsmen Again Attack Communities In Logo LGA Of Benue State!!! by Orkpekyandega(m): 3:25pm On Jan 06, 2018
A facebook user just posted this piece on his wall

"Under attack by fulani herdsmen as I am writing is my ancestral village Tse-vii (the village of the tyoor Mbagber, Zaki Iorkohol Utaver), Tse Itse, Akombo/Ukusu (the village of late Gaambe-tiev Patriarch, Rev PN Ukusu). Scores of people are been killed including Terhile Tyozoho.

Sesugh Nongo Ukusu Terlanga Nongo Elder Anum Absalom Fidelis Saater Unum Beatrice BeatyBen"

Below are some screen shots of his post.

Re: Fulani Herdsmen Again Attack Communities In Logo LGA Of Benue State!!! by Orkpekyandega(m): 3:27pm On Jan 06, 2018
More

Re: Fulani Herdsmen Again Attack Communities In Logo LGA Of Benue State!!! by terzurum5(m): 3:31pm On Jan 06, 2018
It's official we are slaves in our own land.

1 Like

Re: Fulani Herdsmen Again Attack Communities In Logo LGA Of Benue State!!! by justiz5(m): 3:40pm On Jan 06, 2018
The Northern Elite are on a mission, Benue Elders should fund militia to defeat the agenda of the Northern Elite

"Atiku Is The Chief Financier Of Fulani Herdsmen" - Paul Unongo, NEF Chairman

The Chairman of the Northern Elders Forum, Paul Unongo, has accused former Vice President Atiku Abubakar of being the chief financier and most influential member of the Miyetti Allah Cattle Breeders Association of Nigeria, the apex body of Fulani herdsmen in Nigeria.

He, therefore, called on Atiku, who is a prince of the Tiv Court, to caution the herdsmen, who have been slaughtering hundreds of people in the country.

Unongo said this during an interview with one of our correspondents on Friday.

The NEF Chairman said, “I am aware that the most powerful person in Miyetti Allah is Alhaji Atiku Abubakar,who wants to be the next president. If they are fighting for power and Atiku wants to create problems for Buhari, I don’t know. There are so many possibilities.

“The most powerful person who finances the Miyetti Allah is Abubakar Atiku and he is a prince of the Tiv Court. The Tiv gave him a traditional title, meaning ‘the biggest shade of the Tiv people’.

“This implies that the Tiv people should be able to run to Atiku who will protect them.

This is the man who heads Miyetti Allah and is the greatest financier of this organisation.

He has more cattle than anybody in Miyetti Allah.

“It is an establishment of the big people, a very rich group of Nigerians and they pack small boys to take their cattle all over the place and then buy all these arms to give herdsmen to go and kill people, and the government is doing nothing!”

When asked if he was sure that Atiku was the most influential member of the Miyetti Allah, Unongo said the former Vice President told him personally that he was an influential member of the association.

He added, “I know, I got my facts partially from him regarding Miyetti Allah when I used to talk to him.”

When our correspondent asked Unongo if he had met with the former Vice President recently over the issue, the NEF boss said it was very difficult to see him.

He said, “Have you tried to see a ‘big man’ before? I don’t like to wait at people’s doors. If you’re in government, yes, but when you’re not in government, it shouldn’t be so hard to see you.

Atiku is my younger brother and he should come to me.

“Anytime you go to his place, the people around him think you are there to collect money that they are sharing. So, I decided that I would not disgrace the NEF. I am not belittling him, but he is no longer in power and I deserve some respect.”

Unongo also berated the President Muhammadu Buhari-led Federal Government for treating the Fulani herdsmen crisis with kid gloves.

He said he had been warning the President for nearly three years about the crisis but that the President’s “insensitive” advisers had been deceiving him into thinking the matter was a small one.

The NEF chairman said that many of the President’s aides had been preventing him from seeing the President and telling him the truth about the issue.

Unongo, who is both Tiv and Fulani, said, “The President is not happy about what is happening, but his insensitive advisers have deceived him into thinking this is not a serious issue, which they keep saying they can handle, but it has now festered to a level where it is difficult to take care of.”

The NEF chairman said it was unfortunate that despite the several threats made by the Fulani herdsmen after the antiopen grazing law came into effect, the government failed to take action.

He said, “Miyetti Allah threatened and said upon the implementation of the law, they would attack in January violently and force the withdrawal of the law. I don’t understand. It didn’t make sense at the time, but it means that perhaps the Miyetti Allah wanted to prove to the people and the government of Benue State that when they make a promise, they keep to it.”

Benue and Ekiti states had both enacted anti-open grazing laws to check the activities of herdsmen, while Ondo, Cross River, Ebonyi and Akwa Ibom states have also moved to have anti-open grazing laws to check the activities of the nomadic pastoralists.

However, the former Vice President said that although he is a Fulani, he was not a member of the Miyetti Allah.

Atiku stated this in his reaction to the allegations levelled against him by Unongo.

https://www.google.com.ng/amp/punchng.com/atiku-is-miyetti-allahs-chief-financier-says-unongo-nef-chairman/amp/
Re: Fulani Herdsmen Again Attack Communities In Logo LGA Of Benue State!!! by BlackAlbino6(m): 5:39pm On Jan 06, 2018
Orkpekyandega:
A facebook user just posted this piece on his wall

"Under attack by fulani herdsmen as I am writing is my ancestral village Tse-vii (the village of the tyoor Mbagber, Zaki Iorkohol Utaver), Tse Itse, Akombo/Ukusu (the village of late Gaambe-tiev Patriarch, Rev PN Ukusu). Scores of people are been killed including Terhile Tyozoho.

Sesugh Nongo Ukusu Terlanga Nongo Elder Anum Absalom Fidelis Saater Unum Beatrice BeatyBen"

Below are some screen shots of his post.
Shame on Buhari and APC

(1) (Reply)

Yahoo Boy In Fierce Fight With Friends That Dumped Him After Going Broke(photos) / . / Jealous Bride Removes Bestie’s Teeth At Her Wedding

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 21
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.