Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,377 members, 7,808,321 topics. Date: Thursday, 25 April 2024 at 10:18 AM

Infant Baptism Is Not Biblical - Religion - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Religion / Infant Baptism Is Not Biblical (730 Views)

Trinity Is Not Biblical / "Water Baptism Is A Useless Practice" Says Pastor Abel Damina / Pastor Drowns While Conducting Baptism At Blood River Village In South Africa (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Infant Baptism Is Not Biblical by danvon(m): 4:40pm On Jan 06, 2018
This is one of the popular false doctrines it teaches that you need baptism to be saved but according to the Bible it's when you accept Jesus as you're savior then you do baptism, there are lots of Catholics,Anglicans who perform baptism when they were less than a year old and they think it's a sure way ticket to heaven infact they have a certificate of baptism they trust in baptism not Jesus to save them saying if a baby is baptized it will go to heaven reversally saying if a baby is not baptized it will go to hell.

Acts 8:36-38 "And as they went on their way, they came unto a certain water: and the eunuch said, See, here is water; what doth hinder me to be baptized?
And Philip said, If thou believest with all thine heart, thou mayest. And he answered and said, I believe that Jesus Christ is the Son of God.
And he commanded the chariot to stand still: and they went down both into the water, both Philip and the eunuch; and he baptized him."

Only Jesus can save you not baptism

Being baptized as a baby is not baptism.

1 Like

Re: Infant Baptism Is Not Biblical by HeyCorleone(m): 4:49pm On Jan 06, 2018
Only Jesus can save. Agreed.
Still it doesn't mean a baby shouldn't be baptised.
Baptism is never a substitute for knowing or accepting Christ personally.

1 Like

Re: Infant Baptism Is Not Biblical by doyinbaby(f): 5:02pm On Jan 06, 2018
I was baptized in Anglican church as an infant.....in university I rebaptize as an adult........well all I know is my child must be around 14 or 15 before they baptize.....I don't see any reason why an infant that doesn't know anything will be baptized...... For me na adult baptism stand

1 Like

Re: Infant Baptism Is Not Biblical by uboma(m): 5:33pm On Jan 06, 2018
doyinbaby:
I was baptized in Anglican church as an infant.....in university I rebaptize as an adult........well all I know is my child must be around 14 or 15 before they baptize.....I don't see any reason why an infant that doesn't know anything will be baptized...... For me na adult baptism stand

You are right.

Infant baptism is not necessary and not biblical.
Re: Infant Baptism Is Not Biblical by Dnaz(m): 8:08pm On Jan 06, 2018
What part of LET THE LITTLE CHILDREN COME TO ME don't u guyz understand?

1 Like

Re: Infant Baptism Is Not Biblical by Dnaz(m): 8:13pm On Jan 06, 2018
13 Then children were brought to him that He might lay his hands on them and pray. The disciples rebuked the people;
Matthew 19:13

14 but Jesus said, "Let the children come to me, and do not hinder them; for to such belongs the kingdom of heaven."
Matthew 19:14

15 And He laid his hands on them and went away.
Matthew 19:15

1 Like

Re: Infant Baptism Is Not Biblical by danvon(m): 8:29pm On Jan 06, 2018
Dnaz:
13 Then children were brought to him that He might lay his hands on them and pray. The disciples rebuked the people;

14 but Jesus said, "Let the children come to me, and do not hinder them; for to such belongs the kingdom of heaven."

First those verses say nothing about baptism

Second 'Children' not infant or babies, that means they could think
Re: Infant Baptism Is Not Biblical by Dnaz(m): 8:51pm On Jan 06, 2018
danvon:
First those verses say nothing about baptism

Second 'Children' not infant or babies, that means they could think
So u were dere when it happened to know there were no babies dere. Keep blabbing.
U might as well say Christ did not die for the little babies.

1 Like

Re: Infant Baptism Is Not Biblical by danvon(m): 9:26pm On Jan 06, 2018
Dnaz:

U might as well say Christ did not die for the little babies.
well that's what you're saying so if a baby is not baptized it will go to hell, you believe God will send a 1 year old to hell for not being sprinkled water, that's a satanic doctrine
Re: Infant Baptism Is Not Biblical by Hairyrapunzel: 9:57pm On Jan 06, 2018
danvon:
well that's what you're saying so if a baby is not baptized it will go to hell, you believe God will send a 1 year old to hell for not being sprinkled water, that's a satanic doctrine

Your doctrine that 14 and 15 year old can be baptised is also a satanic doctrine. Bloody hypocrite. You believe that your God will murder babies because their parents don't belong to your religion. Stupid hypocrite.

1 Like

Re: Infant Baptism Is Not Biblical by danvon(m): 10:00pm On Jan 06, 2018
Hairyrapunzel:

Your doctrine that 14 and 15 year old can be baptised is also a satanic doctrine. Bloody hypocrite. You believe that your God will murder babies because their parents don't belong to your religion. Stupid hypocrite.
Please what are you talking about?
Re: Infant Baptism Is Not Biblical by Nobody: 1:45am On Jan 07, 2018
HeyCorleone:
Only Jesus can save. Agreed.

Still it doesn't mean a baby shouldn't be baptised.

Baptism is never a substitute for knowing or accepting Christ personally.
A baby doesn't need baptism but dedication to God because it is not scriptural. Child dedication is the idle thing (Luke 2:21-22, 1 Sam 1:24-28,). Every parent should realize that children are blessing from God ( Psalm 127:3).
I would recommend that parents take their children to Sunday School and church on a weekly basis. Don't send them, take them. I also recommend that you strive to have a Christian home where each parent is a believer in Jesus Christ, a student of the Bible and a man or woman of prayer. ( prov 22:6) No religious leader or religious ordinance or sacrement can make your child right with God. Only faith in Jesus Christ can save them when they are of age.
Parents should not fear for the child, but for themselves that they will live a good example and testimony before their children while they are growing up so that child will not be turned off by hypocrisy.
Fathers and mothers - face your responsibility!( Eph 6:4)

1 Like

Re: Infant Baptism Is Not Biblical by Dnaz(m): 1:49am On Jan 07, 2018
[quote author=danvon post=63959098] well that's what you're saying so if a baby is not baptized it will go to hell, you believe God will send a 1 year old to hell for not being sprinkled water, that's a satanic doctrine[/quot
First of all u don't know what I believe so stop with the nonsense.
2ndly ur belief that babies have no sin is in contradiction with the bible

23 since all have sinned and fall short of the glory of God,
Romans 3:23
It did not exempt babies since because of Adam all men have sinned
Further more, the holy spirit through David reveals
6 Behold, I was brought forth in iniquity, and in sin did my mother conceive me.
Psalms 51:6

So u can see babies were brought forth in sin. All except Jesus
27 But nothing unclean shall enter it, nor any one who practices abomination or falsehood, but only those who are written in the Lamb's book of life.
Revelation 21:27
Here we see DAT nothing impure ll enter heaven be u a baby or adult so long as u are tainted with sin
Now baptism actually saves just like the bible says
21 Baptism, which corresponds to this, now saves you, not as a removal of dirt from the body but as an appeal to God for a clear conscience, through the resurrection of Jesus Christ,
1 Peter 3:21

3 Do you not know that all of us who have been baptized into Christ Jesus were baptized into his death?
Romans 6:3

4 We were buried therefore with him by baptism into death, so that as Christ was raised from the dead by the glory of the Father, we too might walk in newness of life.
Romans 6:4

Christ himself gave the order to baptise all,he did not say leave out babies but to let them come to him
It is Actually Satanic to preach against infant baptism
Re: Infant Baptism Is Not Biblical by Nobody: 1:49am On Jan 07, 2018
Dnaz:

But he didn't baptize them did he?
Re: Infant Baptism Is Not Biblical by Nobody: 1:51am On Jan 07, 2018
danvon:
God will not send a one year old baby to hell.
Re: Infant Baptism Is Not Biblical by Nobody: 1:52am On Jan 07, 2018
A baby doesn't need baptism but dedication to God because it is not scriptural. Child dedication is the idle thing (Luke 2:21-22, 1 Sam 1:24-28,). Every parent should realize that children are blessing from God ( Psalm 127:3).
I would recommend that parents take their children to Sunday School and church on a weekly basis. Don't send them, take them. I also recommend that you strive to have a Christian home where each parent is a believer in Jesus Christ, a student of the Bible and a man or woman of prayer. ( prov 22:6) No religious leader or religious ordinance or sacrement can make your child right with God. Only faith in Jesus Christ can save them when they are of age.
Parents should not fear for the child, but for themselves that they will live a good example and testimony before their children while they are growing up so that child will not be turned off by hypocrisy.
Fathers and mothers - face your responsibility!( Eph 6:4)
Re: Infant Baptism Is Not Biblical by danvon(m): 2:02am On Jan 07, 2018
[quote author=Dnaz post=63963403][/quote] "And Jesus said unto him, Verily I say unto thee, To day shalt thou be with me in paradise."
Luke:23:43
Was that criminal baptized?
Re: Infant Baptism Is Not Biblical by Dnaz(m): 2:11am On Jan 07, 2018
danvon:
"And Jesus said unto him, Verily I say unto thee, To day shalt thou be with me in paradise."
Luke:23:43
Was that criminal baptized?
Yes he was baptized by Christ unto death at that moment. Remember what gushed out of Christ side, Water and blood.
Trouble me no more for I don't argue with heretics
Re: Infant Baptism Is Not Biblical by danvon(m): 2:16am On Jan 07, 2018
Dnaz:

Yes he was baptized by Christ unto death at that moment. Remember what gushed out of Christ side, Water and blood.
lol okay what of the child king David had with bathsheba it died when it was seven days old was it baptized no, so it went to hell
Re: Infant Baptism Is Not Biblical by danvon(m): 2:28am On Jan 07, 2018
Dnaz:

You're the heretic this is blasphemy God will send babies to hell Jesus Christ!!!
Re: Infant Baptism Is Not Biblical by Dnaz(m): 2:42am On Jan 07, 2018
danvon:
You're the heretic this is blasphemy God will send babies to hell Jesus Christ!!!
Babies ll not go to hell God ll save them d same way he saved Abraham and other patriarchs who died before Christ. But u my brother are a son of perdition and ll surely perish in hell for preaching false and unbiblical doctrines if u do not repent
Re: Infant Baptism Is Not Biblical by danvon(m): 2:46am On Jan 07, 2018
Dnaz:

Babies ll not go to hell God ll save them d same way he saved Abraham and other patriarchs who died before Christ. But u my brother are a son of perdition and ll surely perish in hell for preaching false and unbiblical doctrines if u do not repent
What false doctrines?
Re: Infant Baptism Is Not Biblical by Dnaz(m): 2:52am On Jan 07, 2018
danvon:
What false doctrines?
U refuse baptism to infants . tell me where that is taught in the bible?
U say baptism is not necessary when Jesus said Baptise them in the name of the father ,son and Holy spirit
U lie against me by claiming I said babies ll go to hell.
HERETICS
Peter baptised the entire household of Cornelius babies included
God commanded the Jews to circumcise male infants
Why not wait till they are 14 or 15?
Re: Infant Baptism Is Not Biblical by danvon(m): 3:02am On Jan 07, 2018
Dnaz:

U refuse baptism to infants . tell me where that is taught in the bible?
U say baptism is not necessary when Jesus said Baptise them in the name of the father ,son and Holy spirit
U lie against me by claiming I said babies ll go to hell.
HERETICS
Peter baptised the entire household of Cornelius babies included
God commanded the Jews to circumcise male infants
Why not wait till they are 14 or 15?
you know this is the attitude of a false prophet cutting parts of the scripture and throwing the rest away

"Go ye therefore, and teach all nations, baptizing them in the name of the Father, and of the Son, and of the Holy Ghost:"
Matthew:28:19
How can you teach a baby that can't even say 'dada'?
Re: Infant Baptism Is Not Biblical by Dnaz(m): 3:14am On Jan 07, 2018
How can u baptize a 14 15 yr old that is not yet able to take an adult decision too?
Was Jesus baptized as a 14 or 15 yr old
If we must follow ur analogy. Baptism should be from 30/and above just like Jesus

But I m not a heretic . I ll not hinder my children from partaking in the new covenant. I ll have them baptized into Christ

1 Like

Re: Infant Baptism Is Not Biblical by Dnaz(m): 3:20am On Jan 07, 2018
danvon:
you know this is the attitude of a false prophet cutting parts of the scripture and throwing the rest away

"Go ye therefore, and teach all nations, baptizing them in the name of the Father, and of the Son, and of the Holy Ghost:"
Matthew:28:19
How can you teach a baby that can't even say 'dada'?
So now u want to teach and u don't want to baptize and u think you are not a heretic?
A true believer teaches and baptizes just as the lord instructed
But u say baptism is not necessary. U son of perdition

(1) (Reply)

Judgement Is Coming On You Soon,Pastor Kasali Blasts All Pastors Taking Money / Viral Video Of Pastor Dressed In Army Attires Shooting His Enemies With Toy Gun / Jesus, What A Mighty Name!

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 76
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.