Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,149,851 members, 7,806,404 topics. Date: Tuesday, 23 April 2024 at 03:54 PM

Romeo Patapan: A Short Story By Simon - Literature - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Entertainment / Literature / Romeo Patapan: A Short Story By Simon (2677 Views)

Not Just An Ordinary Day (A Short Romance Story By Kayode Odusanya) / When Hell Overflows. Story By Ufuoma Seunnla / "No Pleasure For Dead Girls" A Story By Mancrimes.. (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Romeo Patapan: A Short Story By Simon by Simpsonrocket(m): 10:48pm On Jan 06, 2018
Title: Romeo Patapan
Author: Simon Joseph Okeguale
Once upon a time in the land where all insects live, there lived a caterpillar whose name was Romeo Patapan. He was the only insect of its kind and he was very fat and ugly. No insect in the whole city ever spoke to him. He lived his live as a lonely and miserable insect. All the insects in the the city call him all sorts of names. Some call him a glutton, while others call him monster.
Romeo Patapan lived far away from the other insects inside a mango tree at the end of the city. He spends most of his time tidying up his surrounding as if he was expecting a visitor.
One day Romeo Patapan heard someone calling for help through his window. It was an housefly who had been caught up in a spider's web. Moved with pity, he quickly crawled out of his house to rescue the poor housefly. After releasing the housefly from his misery. The ungrateful insect flew away without showing gratitude.
All the insects gathered one Saturday for their annual meeting. All the insects had hardly sat down when Romeo Patapan entered the place. All the insects started mocking him and they humiliated him in front of everybody. Depressed and embarrassed, he walked out of the meeting and went straight to his house. He wept for hours and there was no one to comfort him.
Whenever Romeo Patapan was sad he would climb to the top of the mango tree to watch the beautiful sun and feel the gentle breeze. He would then make a wish that one day all his troubles would be over. He did this day after day and week after week hoping that one day his wish would be fulfilled. One night, he had a strange dream, he saw himself flying in the sky with his two colourful wings. The dream spoke a little to him as he woke up being confused the next morning. He pondered about the dream for many days before it fizzled out of his mind.
After taking his meal one evening, Romeo Patapan sat on the tree branch ruing his misfortune. He slept off on the tree branch and didn't wake up for days.
All the insects who saw him on the tree branch thought he was dead because his skin had changed colour. With no pity shown on the catarpiller, they walked away mocking his grave.
After some weeks Romeo Patapan broke out of his old skin. He became a butterfly and looked very handsome. All the insects who saw him break out of his old skin called out to the others. They were all amazed and were filled with shame. "The once ugly and fat caterpillar had turned out to be the most beautiful insect in the whole city", they murmured. All the insects walked away shamefully from the place.
Meanwhile, Romeo Patapan flew in the air with his wings and later met his own kind.

3 Likes 1 Share

Re: Romeo Patapan: A Short Story By Simon by xilixr: 7:07am On Jan 07, 2018
Ok
Re: Romeo Patapan: A Short Story By Simon by Nltaliban(m): 7:11am On Jan 07, 2018
Re: Romeo Patapan: A Short Story By Simon by Nobody: 7:15am On Jan 07, 2018
okay. smiley
Re: Romeo Patapan: A Short Story By Simon by kaycious: 7:20am On Jan 07, 2018
just when I was expecting the cartapillar to turn to Trailer then it could turn to is butterfly. nawa oo

1 Like

Re: Romeo Patapan: A Short Story By Simon by 900warriorz: 7:57am On Jan 07, 2018
When I first saw patapa, what came to my mind was the One Corner Crooner
Re: Romeo Patapan: A Short Story By Simon by Revolva(m): 8:18am On Jan 07, 2018
i tought its d singer of one corner story

1 Like

Re: Romeo Patapan: A Short Story By Simon by johnjose68: 3:47pm On Jan 07, 2018
I have made up my mind not to read any story on this platform again. the storytellers deliberately drag the stories for days... some will not even conclude it. so why wasting my time.
Re: Romeo Patapan: A Short Story By Simon by Pratiba(f): 5:57pm On Jan 07, 2018
[color=#006600][/color]
johnjose68:
I have made up my mind not to read any story on this platform again. the storytellers deliberately drag the stories for days... some will not even conclude it. so why wasting my time.
Well, Writing the stories isn't as easy as sitting back and enjoying the stories. It takes time and inspiration. Patience is key coz this writers here dey try, it's not like they get paid.
Re: Romeo Patapan: A Short Story By Simon by Simpsonrocket(m): 10:19pm On Jan 14, 2018
Pratiba:
[color=#006600][/color]
Well, Writing the stories isn't as easy as sitting back and enjoying the stories. It takes time and inspiration. Patience is key coz this writers here dey try, it's not like they get paid.
very true bro. to be frank with you story authors are really trying.
Re: Romeo Patapan: A Short Story By Simon by Simpsonrocket(m): 10:40pm On Jan 14, 2018
Pratiba:
[color=#006600][/color]

(1) (Reply)

Diwali Poems In Hindi Of 10 Lines | Diwali Poems In Hindi Language For Kids / STORY: Home Alone With My Step Brother… / David Finley - A Short Crime Thriller

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 22
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.