Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,298 members, 7,808,012 topics. Date: Thursday, 25 April 2024 at 03:10 AM

Reason We Experience Hike In Fuel Price During Christmas & Not During Salah. - Business - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Business / Reason We Experience Hike In Fuel Price During Christmas & Not During Salah. (441 Views)

Bread Producers Serve Notice Of Imminent Hike In Prices / How Are You Coping With The Hike In Fuel Price:Video Game Arcade Business Owners / NNPC Rewards Bovas For Adhering To N145/litre Fuel Price (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Reason We Experience Hike In Fuel Price During Christmas & Not During Salah. by storm001(m): 7:03am On Jan 07, 2018
From the last time I checked, there is always hike in fuel price during Yuletide, to which I have also observed that the said hike in fuel price is not tantamount during Salah celebration.
We tend to attribute this (fuel price) to the Government not knowing that we are the one indirectly influencing the fuel price.
So I came up with a reason why we tend to experience disequilibrium in the ontological arrangement and equipose during Christmas.

1) Christians travel home more during Christmas, unlike during Salah where you see few Moslims travelling (law of demand).
when the demand for fuel increases, marketers increase the fuel price.
2) Sabotage: Marketers tend to create artifical scarcity to make more profit, knowing that customers will buy the fuel no matter its price. besides, all we can do is complain.
3) you can add what you think cause the increase in fuel price.

2 Likes

Re: Reason We Experience Hike In Fuel Price During Christmas & Not During Salah. by hisgrace090: 7:25am On Jan 07, 2018
Hmm!

An eye opener.
I never see it this way.
Thanks.
Re: Reason We Experience Hike In Fuel Price During Christmas & Not During Salah. by storm001(m): 10:45am On Jan 07, 2018
hisgrace090:
Hmm!
An eye opener. I never see it this way. Thanks.
you welcome.
Re: Reason We Experience Hike In Fuel Price During Christmas & Not During Salah. by FIDELITY24(m): 1:49pm On Jan 07, 2018
make sense, your points are really valid. The Moslems don't celebrate their sallah the way we celebrate Xmas, once Christmas is around the corner we are all in a rush to get things done so it often leads to an increase in price of various goods and services. Please the mods should help push this to the front page so that others can contribute.

1 Like

(1) (Reply)

What Is The Cost Of Book Production / You Can Make Money Work For You / Enterpreneurship MEANS Of Making Extra Cash On Fiverr

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 7
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.