Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,143,214 members, 7,780,400 topics. Date: Thursday, 28 March 2024 at 01:36 PM

Mercedes C Class W202: The 3 Pointed Star Never Dies - Car Talk (5) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Car Talk / Mercedes C Class W202: The 3 Pointed Star Never Dies (39268 Views)

W202 1999 Mercedes C Class Upgraded To 2013 C Class W204. Hit Or Miss? / 2021 Mercedes-Benz C-Class Interior Spied With Massive Infotainment Touchscreen / How To Solve The C Class W202 Recurrent Power Window Problems. (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Mercedes C Class W202: The 3 Pointed Star Never Dies by kingreign(m): 9:23am On Jan 16, 2018
Ishilove:

Na you get time to answer them. This is a new year and I am ready for he and his ilk.
ignore him. he seems troubled by something. he'll be fine soon.
Re: Mercedes C Class W202: The 3 Pointed Star Never Dies by Philadelphia: 9:37am On Jan 16, 2018
dljbd1:
I just got mine wink
C280

How much did you get it for? Tokunboh or Nigerian used?
Re: Mercedes C Class W202: The 3 Pointed Star Never Dies by Philadelphia: 10:00am On Jan 16, 2018
timifakay:

Benz A, B and C class are not, I repeat are not Luxury cars. The S and G class are the luxury Mercedes-Benz cars.
You ignored the part about Rolls-Royce, Bentley and Maybach...
What are they?

Maybach is Mercedes-Benz

4 Likes

Re: Mercedes C Class W202: The 3 Pointed Star Never Dies by Ishilove: 10:15am On Jan 16, 2018
kingreign:

ignore him. he seems troubled by something. he'll be fine soon.
LMAO cheesy cheesy cheesy cheesy cheesy cheesy
Re: Mercedes C Class W202: The 3 Pointed Star Never Dies by MrBigiman: 11:28am On Jan 16, 2018
It's Benz or nothing. All Auto enthusiasts know this, but shy away from it. Benz first, others follow.

2 Likes

Re: Mercedes C Class W202: The 3 Pointed Star Never Dies by INDUSTRIALFAN(m): 11:43am On Jan 16, 2018
BERNIMOORE:
forget it which Camry are you talking about? Camry 2.7 muscle 2009 model v6 is faster and more durable, yes Benz are cool but it doesn't pick fast when accelerated until it has transmitted gear twice because it is heavier and uses back axle compared to the camry front wheel drive always red hot in cruising, light weight less fuel consumption. Its a personal choice though.
lol
... Oga... Re you not ashamed comparing a 2009 car with a 2000 car? Lord..... BTW, the benz will beat your Camry hands down in a trip let's say a 10 minutes drive over a stretch of road.
Re: Mercedes C Class W202: The 3 Pointed Star Never Dies by AkpaMgbor(m): 1:47pm On Jan 16, 2018
The first Time I drove a Benz was the w124 model(automatic)...there and then I concluded that truly Benz is in a class of its own..

6 Likes

Re: Mercedes C Class W202: The 3 Pointed Star Never Dies by IkpuMmadu: 8:08pm On Jan 16, 2018
enitiObanke:

Its clear as daylight dt u dont know anything Mercedes-Benz. What is 'S450 and S550 4matic jeep' abeg?
From 2006 a w203 auto has 7sp tranny (gear 1 to 7), and frm 2003/2004 6sp manual transmission. How many japs can boast of such dt early in d game? And dis is from a C-Class dt is at best entry level luxury, not d main main luxury or premium model. Compare japs to Korean or Chinese vehicles abeg, leave Mercedes-Benz out of this lame comparison....

I love you....how can folks compare Japs with a Benz

It's a blasphemy
Re: Mercedes C Class W202: The 3 Pointed Star Never Dies by Nobody: 8:16pm On Jan 16, 2018
AkpaMgbor:
The first Time I drove a Benz was the w124 model(automatic)...there and then I concluded that truly Benz is in a class of its own..

Excellent.

There’s a reason why these cars are costly.

When I bought my Evo IX I thought I had arrived and unconquerable. Then I drove an ordinary Lamborghini Gallardo.

That’s was the day I knew khaki no be leather. I sold my brand new Exo a few months later because of this experience. I was ruined grin

2 Likes

Re: Mercedes C Class W202: The 3 Pointed Star Never Dies by timifakay(m): 9:34pm On Jan 16, 2018
EgunMogaji:

Excellent.

There’s a reason why these cars are costly.

When I bought my Evo IX I thought I had arrived and unconquerable. Then I drove an ordinary Lamborghini Gallardo.

That’s was the day I knew khaki no be leather. I sold my brand new Exo a few months later because of this experience. I was ruined grin

My point exactly.
Most people shouting Benz or nothing have only experienced the C class... Which isn't a luxury line.
Just because a Merc is the best car you ever drove, doesn't mean it's the best that was ever made.
When you experience G class and or S class, you'll ditch the C class.

2 Likes

Re: Mercedes C Class W202: The 3 Pointed Star Never Dies by Nobody: 9:44pm On Jan 16, 2018
timifakay:

My point exactly.
Most people shouting Benz or nothing have only experienced the C class... Which isn't a luxury line.
Just because a Merc is the best car you ever drove, doesn't mean it's the best that was ever made.
When you experience G class and or S class, you'll ditch the C class.

I won’t necessarily ditch the C class though. I had BMW 2002, 325iS and 740iL at the same time. Each has its purpose grin

It’s like going to the kitchen cabinet to get a knife to butter your bread, you won’t choose a steak knife.

2 Likes

Re: Mercedes C Class W202: The 3 Pointed Star Never Dies by timifakay(m): 9:54pm On Jan 16, 2018
EgunMogaji:

I won’t necessarily ditch the C class though. I had BMW 2002, 325iS and 740iL at the same time. Each has its purpose grin

It’s like going to the kitchen cabinet to get a knife to butter your bread, you won’t choose a steak knife.

Sure. But a person who has only a C class Merc doesn't have a luxury car yet, is better than its Japanese contemporary, but isn't a luxury ride.

1 Like

Re: Mercedes C Class W202: The 3 Pointed Star Never Dies by Nobody: 10:06pm On Jan 16, 2018
timifakay:

Sure. But a person who has only a C class Merc doesn't have a luxury car yet, is better than its Japanese contemporary, but isn't a luxury ride.

I’ll have to disagree.

A C class is a luxury car in terms of comfort.

In my previous example, my Evo is a bonafide performance car at 300hp stock from the factory. That it pales in comparison to a Gallardo doesn’t make it not a high performance car.

Let’s play with this for a while.

How should we define a luxury car?

1 Like

Re: Mercedes C Class W202: The 3 Pointed Star Never Dies by Nobody: 10:11pm On Jan 16, 2018
Mercedes Benz defines the W202 as “an affordable luxury car”.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=S5K-W3Ckgkg

If you own or want to own a W202 this is a must watch video.

For TeamInnoson please see a vehicle manufacturer, not an assembler. But I digress. Again.

Re: Mercedes C Class W202: The 3 Pointed Star Never Dies by MrBigiman: 10:41pm On Jan 16, 2018
EgunMogaji:
Mercedes Benz defines the W202 as “an affordable luxury car”.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=S5K-W3Ckgkg

If you own or want to own a W202 this is a must watch video.

For TeamInnoson please see a vehicle manufacturer, not an assembler. But I digress. Again.

Great Video. Totally enjoyed it.

3 Likes

Re: Mercedes C Class W202: The 3 Pointed Star Never Dies by Nobody: 10:53pm On Jan 16, 2018
MrBigiman:

Great Video. Totally enjoyed it.

I’m glad you did Sir.

I think they did a fantastic job on that model.

3 Likes

Re: Mercedes C Class W202: The 3 Pointed Star Never Dies by timifakay(m): 11:50pm On Jan 16, 2018
EgunMogaji:

I’ll have to disagree.

A C class is a luxury car in terms of comfort.

In my previous example, my Evo is a bonafide performance car at 300hp stock from the factory. That it pales in comparison to a Gallardo doesn’t make it not a high performance car.

Let’s play with this for a while.

How should we define a luxury car?

By starting with the dictionary meaning of the adjective luxury sir.

Re: Mercedes C Class W202: The 3 Pointed Star Never Dies by Nobody: 12:12am On Jan 17, 2018
timifakay:

By starting with the dictionary meaning of the adjective luxury sir.

First, here’s how the press defines Mercedes Benz, “Mercedes-Benz is a luxury brand. The company has earned that reputation by consistently producing high-quality, good-looking cars that have compelling features.“

https://m.huffpost.com/us/entry/3378238

Secondly, here’s what Wiki says “Luxury vehicle is a marketing term for a vehicle that provides luxury — pleasant or desirable features beyond strict necessity — at increased expense.

The term suggests a vehicle with higher quality equipment, better performance, more precise construction, comfort, higher design, technologically innovative modern, or features that convey an image, brand, status, or prestige, or any other 'discretionary' feature or combination of them.“

https://en.m.wikipedia.org/wiki/Luxury_vehicle#Definition

Now let’s look at the dictionary. According to https://financial-dictionary.thefreedictionary.com/Luxury+cars

A luxury automobile is “An automobile with extra features for comfort and/or status of the driver. Luxury automobiles are more expensive than comparable automobiles.”

I have to define luxury in the correct context of automobile.

I own what may be called luxury wristwatches, I collect Invicta watches. They look good, show opulence and keeps darn accurate time. A definition of luxury in terms of wristwatch or fine leather shoes cannot be lumped together with automobiles.

Mercedes Benz is an automaker that makes luxurious automobiles. Every single offering is a luxury model in its class.

5 Likes

Re: Mercedes C Class W202: The 3 Pointed Star Never Dies by Nobody: 12:23am On Jan 17, 2018
MrBigiman:
It's Benz or nothing. All Auto enthusiasts know this, but shy away from it. Benz first, others follow.
Have you driven a bmw before??
Re: Mercedes C Class W202: The 3 Pointed Star Never Dies by MrBigiman: 1:05am On Jan 17, 2018
dumo1:

Have you driven a bmw before??

Not really. But I've driven benz, from the Flat boots, V boots, and to modern generation and i'm awed by its class. I've also owned a Toyota and a Honda baby boy at some point, but their feeling don't come close to a benz I must say. BMW is among the German 3, so I expect lovely handling similar to Benz and sometimes a bit more tech. However Benz still remains the history maker.
Re: Mercedes C Class W202: The 3 Pointed Star Never Dies by Nobody: 1:21am On Jan 17, 2018
MrBigiman:

Not really. But I've driven benz, from the Flat boots, V boots, and to modern generation and i'm awed by its class. I've also owned a Toyota and a Honda baby boy at some point, but their feeling don't come close to a benz I must say. BMW is among the German 3, so I expect lovely handling similar to Benz and sometimes a bit more tech. However Benz still remains the history maker.

BMW is similar to Mercedes Benz with the exception that BMW is more oriented to ultimate driving experience. Much more sportier performance stock.

BMWs motto is “The Ultimate Driving Machine”.
Re: Mercedes C Class W202: The 3 Pointed Star Never Dies by timifakay(m): 6:19am On Jan 17, 2018
EgunMogaji:

First, here’s how the press defines Mercedes Benz, “Mercedes-Benz is a luxury brand. The company has earned that reputation by consistently producing high-quality, good-looking cars that have compelling features.“

https://m.huffpost.com/us/entry/3378238

Secondly, here’s what Wiki says “Luxury vehicle is a marketing term for a vehicle that provides luxury — pleasant or desirable features beyond strict necessity — at increased expense.

The term suggests a vehicle with higher quality equipment, better performance, more precise construction, comfort, higher design, technologically innovative modern, or features that convey an image, brand, status, or prestige, or any other 'discretionary' feature or combination of them.“

https://en.m.wikipedia.org/wiki/Luxury_vehicle#Definition

Now let’s look at the dictionary. According to https://financial-dictionary.thefreedictionary.com/Luxury+cars

A luxury automobile is “An automobile with extra features for comfort and/or status of the driver. Luxury automobiles are more expensive than comparable automobiles.”

I have to define luxury in the correct context of automobile.

I own what may be called luxury wristwatches, I collect Invicta watches. They look good, show opulence and keeps darn accurate time. A definition of luxury in terms of wristwatch or fine leather shoes cannot be lumped together with automobiles.

Mercedes Benz is an automaker that makes luxurious automobiles. Every single offering is a luxury model in its class.

I interpret the bolded to mean when compared to its contemporary made by other manufacturers.
My opinion is that the S class and G class are the actual luxury ride in comparison to all sedans and SUVs, but the C class isn't a luxury car when compared to all sedans.
The C class when compared with the Camry, Accord, Optima, Sonata beats them hands down.
But there's no Rolls-Royce or Bentley Mercedes-Benz C class can be compared to

1 Like

Re: Mercedes C Class W202: The 3 Pointed Star Never Dies by Nobody: 6:32am On Jan 17, 2018
timifakay:

I interpret the bolded to mean when compared to its contemporary made by other manufacturers.
My opinion is that the S class and G class are the actual luxury ride in comparison to all sedans and SUVs, but the C class isn't a luxury car when compared to all sedans.
The C class when compared with the Camry, Accord, Optima, Sonata beats them hands down.

The bolded "Every single offering is a luxury model in its class." means just that.

The C class is a luxury vehicle amongst it's class and it's also from a luxury brand.

Accord, Passat, 626, Maxima, C class are all in the same general class.

1 Like

Re: Mercedes C Class W202: The 3 Pointed Star Never Dies by timifakay(m): 6:49am On Jan 17, 2018
EgunMogaji:

The bolded "Every single offering is a luxury model in its class." means just that.

The C class is a luxury vehicle amongst it's class and it's also from a luxury brand.

Accord, Passat, 626, Maxima, C class are all in the same general class.

Sir, in its class.
Not in all class.
Benz is a luxury automaker which produces A, B and C classes for the common man who wants a taste of luxury but can't afford the real deal yet. When someone using a C class has lots of money, he or she will consider buying an S class before any other luxury brand...
Personal opinion though.

1 Like

Re: Mercedes C Class W202: The 3 Pointed Star Never Dies by Nobody: 8:33am On Jan 17, 2018
timifakay:

Sir, in its class.
Not in all class.
Benz is a luxury automaker which produces A, B and C classes for the common man who wants a taste of luxury but can't afford the real deal yet. When someone using a C class has lots of money, he or she will consider buying an S class before any other luxury brand...
Personal opinion though.

Why is this so difficult for you to grasp? Of course, it's in it's class. Are you going to now compare a C class to a Bentley or Rolls Royce or Audi A8?

This thread is about the C class. It is a luxury sedan by virtue of the manufacturer.

You're entitled to your opinion, as faulty as it is, but just know that astute automotive publications don't share your position.

I bought a C class because a mid size luxury sedan is what I needed at that time. When I needed a full-size luxobarge then I got the 740iL. I am not an exception.

Picture was my daily driver for the period that was all that I needed. In the garage was a C class, a Mitsubishi Lancer Evolution IX SE, a BMW 528i. I certainly didn't buy the C class because I couldn't afford an S class.

From http://driving.ca/mercedes-benz/c-class/auto-news/news/the-top-10-best-selling-luxury-vehicles-in-the-world

"The world’s best-selling luxury vehicle in 2015 was the Mercedes-Benz C-Class. Launched at the 2014 Detroit auto show, the current fifth-generation model saw sales jump a substantial 22 per cent in 2015, to over 364,000 copies. The world’s most-popular luxury vehicle was also number one in Canada last year; with prices starting at $43,800 to the 503-horsepower $83,700 Mercedes-AMG C 63 S, C-Class sales saw a jump of 41.7 per cent last year to 9,992 copies sold."

Re: Mercedes C Class W202: The 3 Pointed Star Never Dies by dokiOloye(m): 10:07am On Jan 17, 2018
AkpaMgbor:
My cousin inherited a very mint,long frame,padded W124 those days.Chaii,d car even had this fibre curtains on the 2 rear windows.
The way d car used to zoom off those days,I assumed it was a 6 cylinder.
Was a shock for me to see him open d engine bay this Christmas and I found out it was an I4 engine.
The yeye boy don dirty d car sha.

4 Likes

Re: Mercedes C Class W202: The 3 Pointed Star Never Dies by AkpaMgbor(m): 10:33am On Jan 17, 2018
dokiOloye:
My cousin inherited a very mint,long frame,padded W124 those days.Chaii,d car even had this fibre curtains on the 2 rear windows.
The way d car used to zoom off those days,I assumed it was a 6 cylinder.
Was a shock for me to see him open d engine bay this Christmas and I found out it was an I4 engine.
The yeye boy don dirty d car sha.
The iconic w124 ‘v boot’ is a timeless masterpiece of luxury, performance and design..

1 Like

Re: Mercedes C Class W202: The 3 Pointed Star Never Dies by timifakay(m): 12:17pm On Jan 17, 2018
EgunMogaji:

Why is this so difficult for you to grasp? Of course, it's in it's class. Are you going to now compare a C class to a Bentley or Rolls Royce or Audi A8?

This thread is about the C class. It is a luxury sedan by virtue of the manufacturer.

You're entitled to your opinion, as faulty as it is, but just know that astute automotive publications don't share your position.

I bought a C class because a mid size luxury sedan is what I needed at that time. When I needed a full-size luxobarge then I got the 740iL. I am not an exception.

Picture was my daily driver for the period that was all that I needed. In the garage was a C class, a Mitsubishi Lancer Evolution IX SE, a BMW 528i. I certainly didn't buy the C class because I couldn't afford an S class.

From http://driving.ca/mercedes-benz/c-class/auto-news/news/the-top-10-best-selling-luxury-vehicles-in-the-world

"The world’s best-selling luxury vehicle in 2015 was the Mercedes-Benz C-Class. Launched at the 2014 Detroit auto show, the current fifth-generation model saw sales jump a substantial 22 per cent in 2015, to over 364,000 copies. The world’s most-popular luxury vehicle was also number one in Canada last year; with prices starting at $43,800 to the 503-horsepower $83,700 Mercedes-AMG C 63 S, C-Class sales saw a jump of 41.7 per cent last year to 9,992 copies sold."

That exactly is my point.
But people here paint it like there's nothing better than any vehicle with the Benz badge.

1 Like

Re: Mercedes C Class W202: The 3 Pointed Star Never Dies by cyborg123(m): 1:59pm On Jan 17, 2018
I don't own the w202 but I have its heart transplanted into my w123 and it is just awesome. kiss

Maximum salute to Mercedes-Benz.

6 Likes

Re: Mercedes C Class W202: The 3 Pointed Star Never Dies by Nobody: 6:41pm On Jan 17, 2018
cyborg123:
I don't own the w202 but I have its heart transplanted into my w123 and it is just awesome. kiss

Maximum salute to Mercedes-Benz.
grin exterior pics of your fine benz pls.
Re: Mercedes C Class W202: The 3 Pointed Star Never Dies by cyborg123(m): 7:18pm On Jan 17, 2018
dumo1:

grin exterior pics of your fine benz pls.
Mod. cheesy

1 Like

Re: Mercedes C Class W202: The 3 Pointed Star Never Dies by Philadelphia: 9:02pm On Jan 17, 2018
timifakay:

That's why Mercedes made the Maybach to be compared with the Bentley or Rolls-Royce.

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (Reply)

What Is The Difference Between C And E Class Of Merecedes Benz / 65 Countries That Drive On The Left Side Of The Road. 1 Country Will Shock You / Bringing a Mercedes from Lagos to Calabar; and my tough ordeals!

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 72
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.