Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,148,633 members, 7,801,828 topics. Date: Friday, 19 April 2024 at 12:52 AM

How I Was Scammed In Lagos: My 2 Weeks Experience In A Hotel - Jobs/Vacancies - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Jobs/Vacancies / How I Was Scammed In Lagos: My 2 Weeks Experience In A Hotel (21570 Views)

How I Was Scammed At A Job Interview / I Was Scammed Today At My First Day Of Work / How I Almost Got Scammed Over A Civil Defense Job (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply) (Go Down)

How I Was Scammed In Lagos: My 2 Weeks Experience In A Hotel by ibroh22(m): 10:39am On Jan 07, 2018
I am not much of a good writer, pls pardon any errors.

So 3wks ago, I called the number that was attached to this vacancy, a lady picked and gave me the address of the hotel in which I will provide details later, I went there for the interview and right from that time I knew things were not good because the man is so abusive and disrespectful, I couldn't place that in my head out of desperation to start work, I was told I will undergo 2weeks training because I have no experience in the position I applied for #waiter, I couldn't ask if I will be paid or not(first mistake), it wasn't my fault though, but if you go there to experience the way he talk,you will fear, the atmosphere is tense. I started training 2days after since I was able to submit my guarantor's form the following day after the interview, I was attached to someone who was my supervisor and he is to be the one to train us(we are two), I am on night shift while the other a lady on morning shift, the first task when you resume is to clean the bar etc.. (imagine a whole hotel without a single cleaner), the training started and I was taught various things on how to serve customers, take orders, enter it on the system, mode of payment etc.. Few days to my commencement of training, my supervisor was fired(long story though) but he was assaulted by the owner, we called him chairman, why would you assault your employee for any reason, there was a loss and he said he should pay back,why assault him. He is a crazy man, he need psychiatric check up. After he fired my supervisor, nobody to train us, so chairman said I am the one to head the bar(imagine,barely a week I started), work was going well and he is doing his normal shouting and abuse with assault on daily basis (but not on me sha), so today Saturday makes it 2wks I completed my training and we reminded him yesterday so that we can start a day on and a day off shift, after rounds of abusive words and serious drilling of works, he said we are not done with the training yet, he said we are going to start a new training afresh for 2wks and he won't pay us. Very inhumane person. I left there today and won't resume work there anymore. The hotel at 1, oduduwa crescent, Ikeja GRA lagos is a dead zone, if you are a job seeker, don't let your desperation leads you to your grave, the man needs psychiatric check up,because I don't understand why you will assault your employees, he will use you and dump you without paying, he interview various candidates everyday. Please RBC, don't be a victim of inhumane treatment and work without getting paid.
lalasticlala pls save other desperate job seeker from that God forsaken place, God bless you

22 Likes 3 Shares

Re: How I Was Scammed In Lagos: My 2 Weeks Experience In A Hotel by Lomprico2: 10:41am On Jan 07, 2018
Its 'a' hotel not 'an' hotel!

Welcome to lagos.

23 Likes

Re: How I Was Scammed In Lagos: My 2 Weeks Experience In A Hotel by MaryBenn(f): 10:53am On Jan 07, 2018
grin
Re: How I Was Scammed In Lagos: My 2 Weeks Experience In A Hotel by Nutase: 11:07am On Jan 07, 2018
Pele

3 Likes

Re: How I Was Scammed In Lagos: My 2 Weeks Experience In A Hotel by nenergy(m): 11:22am On Jan 07, 2018
He is mostly likely a drug addict and heavily indebted which he transfers on his workers. Please avoid organizations with 1-man management structure.

46 Likes 3 Shares

Re: How I Was Scammed In Lagos: My 2 Weeks Experience In A Hotel by Finstar: 11:25am On Jan 07, 2018
Lomprico2:

Welcome to lagos.

He made it clear that he isn't a good writer, why not just pass? undecided

Besides, "it's" a hotel not "its" a hotel.

Thank You.

396 Likes 19 Shares

Re: How I Was Scammed In Lagos: My 2 Weeks Experience In A Hotel by Nobody: 11:28am On Jan 07, 2018
Na wa o. You should provide the name of the Hotel so that people can strike out that place from their search for job opportunities. there are many hotels in Ikeja GRA you know.

3 Likes

Re: How I Was Scammed In Lagos: My 2 Weeks Experience In A Hotel by mrjojo: 11:36am On Jan 07, 2018
GreatHercules:
Na wa o. You should provide the name of the Hotel so that people can strike out that place from their search for job opportunities. there are many hotels in Ikeja GRA you know.
name of hotel is The W Hotel Ikeja.

*I simply Google the address *

19 Likes 3 Shares

Re: How I Was Scammed In Lagos: My 2 Weeks Experience In A Hotel by Efe42(m): 11:40am On Jan 07, 2018
Lagos here i come
Re: How I Was Scammed In Lagos: My 2 Weeks Experience In A Hotel by Efe42(m): 11:41am On Jan 07, 2018
grin grin
Re: How I Was Scammed In Lagos: My 2 Weeks Experience In A Hotel by biafraisdead(m): 11:41am On Jan 07, 2018
Lomprico2:

Welcome to lagos.
sabinus.

47 Likes 1 Share

Re: How I Was Scammed In Lagos: My 2 Weeks Experience In A Hotel by Lomprico2: 11:42am On Jan 07, 2018
Finstar:

Thank You.

Fuckoff

3 Likes 2 Shares

Re: How I Was Scammed In Lagos: My 2 Weeks Experience In A Hotel by jeff1607(m): 11:53am On Jan 07, 2018
Lomprico2:

Fuckoff

You sabi dish out corrections but can't accept another's

Hmmmmm

270 Likes 12 Shares

Re: How I Was Scammed In Lagos: My 2 Weeks Experience In A Hotel by dmjinc(m): 12:19pm On Jan 07, 2018
sorry broff
Re: How I Was Scammed In Lagos: My 2 Weeks Experience In A Hotel by Holamidhe(m): 12:27pm On Jan 07, 2018
Lomprico2:

Fuckoff
I guess you didn't correct the OP in good fate.. Smh

114 Likes 5 Shares

Re: How I Was Scammed In Lagos: My 2 Weeks Experience In A Hotel by sodiqapril(m): 12:32pm On Jan 07, 2018
j
Re: How I Was Scammed In Lagos: My 2 Weeks Experience In A Hotel by Bahddo(m): 1:07pm On Jan 07, 2018
Jeez! That's terrible. Sorry man.

You made a good decision to leave. He's only going to try to use you guys to work without paying well.

6 Likes

Re: How I Was Scammed In Lagos: My 2 Weeks Experience In A Hotel by Lomprico2: 1:21pm On Jan 07, 2018
jeff1607:

You sabi dish out corrections but can't accept another's

Hmmmmm

'Its' can be accepted in place of "it's" Using 'an' for a non vowel is a totally wrong. You can not even use it vocally.

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: How I Was Scammed In Lagos: My 2 Weeks Experience In A Hotel by Nobody: 1:26pm On Jan 07, 2018
Lomprico2:

'Its' can be accepted in place of "it's"
You don't mean it? cheesy

133 Likes 9 Shares

Re: How I Was Scammed In Lagos: My 2 Weeks Experience In A Hotel by jeff1607(m): 1:26pm On Jan 07, 2018
Lomprico2:

'Its' can be accepted in place of "it's" Using 'an' for a non vowel is a totally wrong. You can not even use it vocally.

Thanks a lot

Learnt something

Not too hard accepting corrections, you see it didn't hurt.

Peace bro

38 Likes 1 Share

Re: How I Was Scammed In Lagos: My 2 Weeks Experience In A Hotel by lastchild: 1:28pm On Jan 07, 2018
Lomprico2:

Welcome to lagos.
you are trying to show intelligence and someone else has shown you how foolish you are, scroll down you go see am

75 Likes 3 Shares

Re: How I Was Scammed In Lagos: My 2 Weeks Experience In A Hotel by Bahddo(m): 1:33pm On Jan 07, 2018
Lomprico2:

"its" can be accepted in place of "it's"?

Seriously? undecided

66 Likes

Re: How I Was Scammed In Lagos: My 2 Weeks Experience In A Hotel by Finstar: 1:37pm On Jan 07, 2018
Lomprico2:

You mean that "its" can be used in place of "it's"? Which school did you graduate from? shocked

This is a public forum dear, mind the kind of horseshit you spill here..

You can now fuvk in..

Shalom!

88 Likes 3 Shares

Re: How I Was Scammed In Lagos: My 2 Weeks Experience In A Hotel by ThatKING(m): 1:40pm On Jan 07, 2018
Efe42:
Lagos here i come
don't COME TO Lagos to hawk gala o

4 Likes

Re: How I Was Scammed In Lagos: My 2 Weeks Experience In A Hotel by Chuksmonika(m): 2:04pm On Jan 07, 2018
biafraisdead:

sabinus.
your monika makes me 2 be angry with you....Biafra will and shall come
Re: How I Was Scammed In Lagos: My 2 Weeks Experience In A Hotel by Damilaresimon25(m): 2:08pm On Jan 07, 2018
Lomprico2:

Fuckoff

Law of karma tongue

19 Likes 3 Shares

Re: How I Was Scammed In Lagos: My 2 Weeks Experience In A Hotel by 6UEE: 2:25pm On Jan 07, 2018
Lomprico2:

LOL. you na real OLODO. I swear.

77 Likes 3 Shares

Re: How I Was Scammed In Lagos: My 2 Weeks Experience In A Hotel by Serial48(f): 2:42pm On Jan 07, 2018
Finstar:

Thank You.

Savage haha

25 Likes

Re: How I Was Scammed In Lagos: My 2 Weeks Experience In A Hotel by balaclava: 2:43pm On Jan 07, 2018
Finstar:

Thank You.

F**k dt shii mehn.
This is wicked
This is savage mehn

U served him right.

29 Likes

Re: How I Was Scammed In Lagos: My 2 Weeks Experience In A Hotel by edimolu(m): 2:45pm On Jan 07, 2018
Lomprico2:

Welcome to lagos.
then i should be able to say "an useless boy"

cut the dude some slack, his grammar is correct!

36 Likes 2 Shares

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply)

Vacancies At Delta State Post Primary Education Board / Titanium HR / Thanks For Your Inputs. I'm Now Working In Gombe

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 26
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.