Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,143,304 members, 7,780,722 topics. Date: Thursday, 28 March 2024 at 08:40 PM

The Ultimate Reason Why Football Is Wayy Better Than Soccer - Sports - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Entertainment / Sports / The Ultimate Reason Why Football Is Wayy Better Than Soccer (3517 Views)

Opinion: Football Is Sweeter Than Sex. "Agree Or Dissagree? / POOL FIXED ULTIMATE KEY / American Football Is Better Than Soccer! (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (Reply) (Go Down)

The Ultimate Reason Why Football Is Wayy Better Than Soccer by platinumnk(f): 2:24am On Apr 09, 2010
[flash=500,400]
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=55BZ2gSsSmY&hl=en_US&fs=1&"><[/flash]

Nothing can be better than Football,

Nothing! cheesy

I get chills watching this . . .
Re: The Ultimate Reason Why Football Is Wayy Better Than Soccer by platinumnk(f): 2:49am On Apr 09, 2010
awesome!!!!!!!!! cool
Re: The Ultimate Reason Why Football Is Wayy Better Than Soccer by platinumnk(f): 6:19am On Apr 09, 2010
Your life is not complete without watching this commercial. cool
Re: The Ultimate Reason Why Football Is Wayy Better Than Soccer by Nobody: 6:40am On Apr 09, 2010
here is something for you:

[flash=435,385]
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=2sD_8prYOxo&hl=en_US&fs=1&"[/flash]

1 Like

Re: The Ultimate Reason Why Football Is Wayy Better Than Soccer by platinumnk(f): 6:43am On Apr 09, 2010
haha good one, but some points about football is incorrect.
Re: The Ultimate Reason Why Football Is Wayy Better Than Soccer by platinumnk(f): 6:46am On Apr 09, 2010
i mean how could u watch the nike commercial and not be awed by the sheer power shocked

Football is awesome cheesy
Re: The Ultimate Reason Why Football Is Wayy Better Than Soccer by bgees(m): 7:27am On Apr 09, 2010
I only know one kind of football. what is soccer??
Re: The Ultimate Reason Why Football Is Wayy Better Than Soccer by Nobody: 7:56am On Apr 09, 2010
platinumnk:

i mean how could u watch the nike commercial and not be awed by the sheer power shocked
Football is awesome cheesy

the only football i know is the one with a "round ball" that all players have to kick with their "foot".

i even regard Rugby higher than american football because THEY, at least, do it with no helmet, no padded armor etc. . . . . . . it seems like anyone who is buff can play american football, no particular skills involve.

here is something for you to watch and truly enjoy!!!!

[flash=480,385]
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=9foCJDVTbYg&hl=en_US&fs=1&"[/flash]

1 Like

Re: The Ultimate Reason Why Football Is Wayy Better Than Soccer by abrahym(m): 8:25am On Apr 09, 2010
Hmmm
Re: The Ultimate Reason Why Football Is Wayy Better Than Soccer by triistar86: 10:17am On Apr 09, 2010
So are we seriously comparing that overrated American sumo wrestling aided with the use of a stewie's head shaped ball thrown around or kicked once in a while with Soccer. . . . . ? Hellz naww!   wink

2 Likes

Re: The Ultimate Reason Why Football Is Wayy Better Than Soccer by jalether(m): 10:36am On Apr 09, 2010
MRbrownJAY:

here is something for you:

[flash=435,385]
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=2sD_8prYOxo&hl=en_US&fs=1&"[/flash]

That video right there partly sums up the whole argument as to why football (as it is known worldwide except in the USA) is not only light years

better than NFL but also the most supported, prestigious, lucrative and entertaining sport in the world.

@ OP, Tell me one sport that connects people of different cultures, nationalities and gender from all over the world together like football.
Re: The Ultimate Reason Why Football Is Wayy Better Than Soccer by mukina2: 11:53am On Apr 09, 2010
who in their right mind compares the great game of Soccer with Football?

2 Likes

Re: The Ultimate Reason Why Football Is Wayy Better Than Soccer by platinumnk(f): 12:03pm On Apr 09, 2010
Im sorry but Soccer is immensely boring

I fall asleep watching it.

Football is always and forever be better.
Re: The Ultimate Reason Why Football Is Wayy Better Than Soccer by mukina2: 12:15pm On Apr 09, 2010
Maybe you are boring? cheesy

2 Likes

Re: The Ultimate Reason Why Football Is Wayy Better Than Soccer by Kgdavid(m): 1:12pm On Apr 09, 2010

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=OH3ZEKpqWqE&feature=related

when i want to see grown men pummel themselves this is what i watch.
Re: The Ultimate Reason Why Football Is Wayy Better Than Soccer by ow11(m): 4:16pm On Apr 09, 2010
Any sport that allows for obese men to partake and actually be successful can't surely be a sport or can't be interesting to watch. American football is a joke which is why only one country on earth is remotely interested in playing it.

It is at best an exhibition game where fat men try to use their bellies to knock out players from the opposing team. The only bit of excitement comes when there is some running and this lasts no more than 10 secs; then the referee blows a whistle and they line up again to start afresh.

Football (Association Football) has a global appeal and should never be mentioned in the same breath as that game of fatsos.

1 Like

Re: The Ultimate Reason Why Football Is Wayy Better Than Soccer by platinumnk(f): 4:24pm On Apr 09, 2010
I smell jealousy!!

how can u not watch my commercial and not get excited!!!
ahhhh to hear the bonecrunching, and not the pansy butt soccer players angry

ur soccer players wouldnt last 10 mins in the NFL!

Obese over muscular? I bet one can spank the other! cheesy
Re: The Ultimate Reason Why Football Is Wayy Better Than Soccer by platinumnk(f): 4:29pm On Apr 09, 2010
What you British soccer jerks refer to as American Football is called FOOTBALL because all goals are scored with a single "foot" not both feet, not the head or the knee, or the shin, or the arse, but only the "foot". The ball is merely advanced by throwing and catching with the hands to get in range for a kick with the "foot". The ball is advanced with the hands because it is more more accurate and more efficient than daintily rolling it along the ground with the tippy toes like a ballet dancer, which is practically impossible to do when the the other players are allowed to hit you. Real men have hands for a reason, and real men are not afraid to get hit. If Soccer allowed hitting and body contact, Soccer players would soon be picking the ball up as well.
Re: The Ultimate Reason Why Football Is Wayy Better Than Soccer by platinumnk(f): 4:32pm On Apr 09, 2010
Lets be clear, Football is the NFL, Soccer the the sport they play in europe with their feet. if you broke it down on a per capita basis then the NFL is more popular than any sport, in other words, the US loves football more than any other country loves soccer. To call Soccer Football is wrong, America is the most powerful and influential country in the world and if we say its soccer then its soccer,
NFL WINS!

hehhe grin
Re: The Ultimate Reason Why Football Is Wayy Better Than Soccer by JeSoul(f): 5:12pm On Apr 09, 2010
Platinumnk, you are looking for trouble grin I see you're still high off the Saints SB ehn

But that commercial sha . . . gave me some gooseys at the end when he stretched the ball to cross the line . . . awesome!

But I also like Soccer so . . . I think they both have their advs and davs.
Re: The Ultimate Reason Why Football Is Wayy Better Than Soccer by semid4lyfe(m): 5:27pm On Apr 09, 2010
Plat, u don use your medicine today? cheesy grin

2 Likes

Re: The Ultimate Reason Why Football Is Wayy Better Than Soccer by platinumnk(f): 5:53pm On Apr 09, 2010
JeSoul:

Platinumnk, you are looking for trouble grin I see you're still high off the Saints SB ehn

But that commercial sha . . . gave me some gooseys at the end when he stretched the ball to cross the line . . . awesome!

But I also like Soccer so . . . I think they both have their advs and davs.

I know Nairalanders are Soccer fanatics, but mehn I looove watching some bone crunching football!

I will desist from insulting soccer tongue

Its not like I dont know the game, I played it in highschool, and one two of my cousins play for colleges.

But invite me to watch a soccer game? na unless you want me to sleep onya couch! grin cheesy grin cheesy grin
Re: The Ultimate Reason Why Football Is Wayy Better Than Soccer by platinumnk(f): 5:55pm On Apr 09, 2010
semid4lyfe:

Plat, u don use your medicine today? cheesy grin

no i havent taken it lol grin cheesy grin cheesy grin
Re: The Ultimate Reason Why Football Is Wayy Better Than Soccer by platinumnk(f): 5:56pm On Apr 09, 2010
Jesoul- that commercial is my favorite commercial, if you watched the Land of mohicians it ties perfectly.

Shivers grin cheesy grin cheesy
Re: The Ultimate Reason Why Football Is Wayy Better Than Soccer by platinumnk(f): 6:02pm On Apr 09, 2010
MRbrownJAY:

the only football i know is the one with a "round ball" that all players have to kick with their "foot".

i even regard Rugby higher than american football because THEY, at least, do it with no helmet, no padded armor etc. . . . . . . it seems like anyone who is buff can play american football, no particular skills involve.

Research was confirmed that NFL impacts are way worse than Rugby.
And impact from a NFL player ( linebacker) is compared to being hit by a car going 30 miles per hour.

now Im know im crazy but when i was small I used to try to jump out a moving car like the movies.
Painful? yes it was! imagine if ure a football player!

your soccer players would weep if they traded sides grin cheesy grin cheesy
Re: The Ultimate Reason Why Football Is Wayy Better Than Soccer by semid4lyfe(m): 6:11pm On Apr 09, 2010
platinumnk:

no i havent taken it lol grin cheesy grin cheesy grin
No wonder, lol grin grin
Re: The Ultimate Reason Why Football Is Wayy Better Than Soccer by platinumnk(f): 6:26pm On Apr 09, 2010
semid4lyfe:

No wonder, lol grin grin

wetin i go do na, im behaving! grin
Re: The Ultimate Reason Why Football Is Wayy Better Than Soccer by honeric01(m): 7:12pm On Apr 09, 2010
Excuse me, but what is soccer? the general acceptable word for this game is FOOTBALL, silly Americans learn it, IT'S Football and not soccer because 90% of the ball is played with the foot.

Americans won't stop to amaze me. angry

2 Likes

Re: The Ultimate Reason Why Football Is Wayy Better Than Soccer by chic2pimp(m): 8:03pm On Apr 09, 2010
American Football ain't even the best North American sport Basketball is, then American Football.

The Skill level I've seen on the NBA courts far surpasses what the NFL has on offer.

1 Like

Re: The Ultimate Reason Why Football Is Wayy Better Than Soccer by Nobody: 9:15pm On Apr 10, 2010
@plat
you are still going on and on about this american football thingy?!

well, if you have a sport that is played in ALMOST EVERY COUNTRY in this world (if not all) and a sport that is played mostly in US, wouldnt you say that much more people prefer FOOTBALL rather than the american version?!

like Chic2pimp said: it aint even the best sport in theUS, how dare you compare it with such a noble, rewarding, highly skilled sport as FOOTBALL?! rotflmao
its called being an athlete and there sure aint nothing ATHLETIC about the game of american football (apart from the QB)!

ok lets look back at the SKILL factor in the art of football:

[flash=480,385]
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=6n9kQo1pePk&hl=en_US&fs=1&"[/flash]

1 Like

Re: The Ultimate Reason Why Football Is Wayy Better Than Soccer by mamagee3(f): 10:10pm On Apr 10, 2010
What is Football, you mean American Football? undecided
*Sighs*, that dumb sport is nothing compared to the traditional football(soccer) everyone loves.

1 Like

Re: The Ultimate Reason Why Football Is Wayy Better Than Soccer by bawomolo(m): 7:25am On Apr 11, 2010
chic2pimp:

American Football ain't even the best North American sport Basketball is, then American Football.

The Skill level I've seen on the NBA courts far surpasses what the NFL has on offer.

may i remind you of a sport called baseball which is even more popular than basketball. now that's a sport with "skill"

lol@the QB being the only athletic position in the NFL. some of you guys hating for no reason and obviously don't watch enough football. lets see how athletic you are when you get run over by ray lewis. i'm a footie fan by the way.

(1) (2) (Reply)

Pope Francis Gets Jersey Number 10 / Top Ten Most Beautiful Stadiums In Africa (abuja Stadium) Ranked / Prof. Taoheed Adedoja Is The New Minister Of Sports

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 33
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.