Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,538 members, 7,808,983 topics. Date: Thursday, 25 April 2024 at 08:26 PM

Fg Assures Of Radical Improvement In Power Supply - Politics (2) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Fg Assures Of Radical Improvement In Power Supply (3903 Views)

I’ll Perform Better In My Second Term If Re-Elected - President Jonathan Assures / Jonathan Assures Of Stable Power Supply Mid 2014 / Onovo Assures Of Crime-free Society (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Fg Assures Of Radical Improvement In Power Supply by Fhemmmy: 4:19pm On Apr 09, 2010
I dont care who takes the glory, just give people power
Re: Fg Assures Of Radical Improvement In Power Supply by Oluchia(f): 5:24pm On Apr 09, 2010
I cant wait for the'radical change' to take place, cos am realy tired of the light situation in the country. My area Isheri Berger seems to be the worst of it. Seems like PHCN plays with the switch when it comes to giving light to Isheri.
Re: Fg Assures Of Radical Improvement In Power Supply by misterh(m): 5:29pm On Apr 09, 2010
Let's hope they can deliver but, well i'm waiting. Fingers crossed.
Re: Fg Assures Of Radical Improvement In Power Supply by CrudeOil2(m): 5:52pm On Apr 09, 2010
I can bet that Nigeria wont have constant power supply in the next ten years.
Re: Fg Assures Of Radical Improvement In Power Supply by Fhemmmy: 5:54pm On Apr 09, 2010
^^^ U sure will lose your bet, cos i can see changes coming, might not be this year oh, but sooon
Re: Fg Assures Of Radical Improvement In Power Supply by BlakkBoi(m): 5:58pm On Apr 09, 2010
Since the emergence of Jonathan as acting president and the dissolution of the Yaádua's cabinet. We at least enjoy a 40% improvement in power supply in my hood. Seriously megawatt wey dem say e finish before just appear, i no sabi how dem take dey manufacture d megawatts but i need my 60 watts bulbs lit 247.

Goodluck to Mr. Jonathan.
Re: Fg Assures Of Radical Improvement In Power Supply by Fhemmmy: 5:59pm On Apr 09, 2010
Lol . . . ^^ it is called politics
Re: Fg Assures Of Radical Improvement In Power Supply by sley4life(m): 6:19pm On Apr 09, 2010
same old lies
Re: Fg Assures Of Radical Improvement In Power Supply by Fhemmmy: 6:21pm On Apr 09, 2010
sley4life:

same old lies

Dont worry, change has come
Re: Fg Assures Of Radical Improvement In Power Supply by calabaman(m): 6:21pm On Apr 09, 2010
<hhissiing> Here we go again with the same old empty promises
Re: Fg Assures Of Radical Improvement In Power Supply by lannre(m): 7:09pm On Apr 09, 2010
Me I just hate, FG pledges this and that since when I was 12 I always read and hear FEla song of old story. We need to see and feel enough of promises .
Re: Fg Assures Of Radical Improvement In Power Supply by olaolabiy: 7:16pm On Apr 09, 2010
how many times have i heard that word (radical) used in nigeria.yet nothing gets done.
Re: Fg Assures Of Radical Improvement In Power Supply by Fhemmmy: 7:40pm On Apr 09, 2010
This is radical Final Version . . . dont lose hope
Re: Fg Assures Of Radical Improvement In Power Supply by beewhyfocs(m): 8:10pm On Apr 09, 2010
Believing is seeing guyz!
Re: Fg Assures Of Radical Improvement In Power Supply by mrkoma2012: 8:15pm On Apr 09, 2010
Lets support the government of goodluck but also want action talk is cheap
Re: Fg Assures Of Radical Improvement In Power Supply by Nobody: 8:25pm On Apr 09, 2010
Same old s h i t.now beaf can campaign for his brother.lol
Re: Fg Assures Of Radical Improvement In Power Supply by Nobody: 8:46pm On Apr 09, 2010
There is nothing in the post  or  link about the implementation of radical reforms needed in the power sector. On the contrary it is just about the setting up another central planning committee.
Crude Oil:

I can bet that Nigeria wont have constant power supply in the next ten years.
Certainly without radical overhaul of the sector there will be no improvement in  power supply for the forseeable future.
Re: Fg Assures Of Radical Improvement In Power Supply by real4life: 8:58pm On Apr 09, 2010
The only good thing about all this is we can judge Mr. Goodluck Jonathans performance in office based on "Radical improvement in Power Supply" OR NOT.

Obasanjo (through Bola Ige) promised us uninterrupted power supply before the end of the year (1999), he failed. Umaru Yaradua promised to declare a "State of Emergency in Power Sector", he also failed. So for now, I dont have any comments

Will be back on May 29, 2011
Re: Fg Assures Of Radical Improvement In Power Supply by ferhyntorlah(f): 9:37pm On Apr 09, 2010
[color=#550000][/color] cool cool cool
All u doubtg Thomases, plsssss giv d man a chance 2 prov himsef. 2 me, he's a beta leadr dan YarAdul.
Sinz he tuk ova, am notisd significnt imprvmnt in powr supply in my area, Iju-Ishaga.
Not jst in Lagos, oda stats 2 ar nt lft out.
Re: Fg Assures Of Radical Improvement In Power Supply by Nobody: 9:58pm On Apr 09, 2010
Seasoned observers know that the Power Holding Corporation of Nigeria lacks the competence to solve the power puzzle. What he is proposing is  just the same old story. That is more political appointments and commitment of scarce funds.

The solution is full privatization and granting operating licences to whoever wants to be involved in the generation, transmission or distribution of electric power.

For example we have a proposed typical bureaucratic set up whereby power of say 1000MW is generated one region, transmitted to another region and then distributed back to the generating region! Such an approach will never work.
Re: Fg Assures Of Radical Improvement In Power Supply by Beaf: 10:04pm On Apr 09, 2010
~Bluetooth:

Same old s h i t.now beaf can campaign for his brother.lol

I really wish he was my brother! Just so I can blast your as\s from Aso Rock! grin
Up bros Joe! Nutin do you! Uncle Joe, carry go! grin

On a serious note, Jonathan looks very promising and a clean breath of fresh air. Lets see if he can deliver electricity to the nation.
Re: Fg Assures Of Radical Improvement In Power Supply by kobonaija: 10:41pm On Apr 09, 2010
By making genuine power generators (that is not made in Taiwan) affordable, reducing long queues at petrol stations and reducing the price of kerosene for our lanterns; and then saying - LET THERE BE LIGHT tongue.

We like to see it before we believe grin grin
Re: Fg Assures Of Radical Improvement In Power Supply by eleffizi: 12:42am On Apr 10, 2010
It is a shame to realise that with the vast amount of profit that Nigerians make from crude oil as the seventh largest producer of oil in the world, we are still talking about privatisation. It only shows that our cardinal challenge is corruption ,which prevents a lot of Nigerian rulers from thinking constructively on about the judicious spending of public funds for qualitative social amenities, and the careful selection of honest experts who will deliver.

Be that as it may, if Government wants to resort to any other means they think will resolve the issue of inefficient and insufficient power supply, they should stop talking [/i]and [i]start doing without any noise or horn-blowing.

Like wise men say, Never let your talking do the action, let your action do the talking!
Re: Fg Assures Of Radical Improvement In Power Supply by Nobody: 1:11am On Apr 10, 2010
OBJ had great plans for Power so did Yardy let's hope Dr Johnny's plans are not another roose. I guess time will tell.
Re: Fg Assures Of Radical Improvement In Power Supply by supereagle(m): 1:36am On Apr 10, 2010
Jonathan should take a cue from Kwara . They enjoy 24hrs regular electricity daily. Prof Berth Nnaji can help Nigeria out too.
Re: Fg Assures Of Radical Improvement In Power Supply by JohnBloggs: 3:57am On Apr 10, 2010
Same old $h*#, different day. !
Re: Fg Assures Of Radical Improvement In Power Supply by adino(m): 4:09am On Apr 10, 2010
Hi forumites, I need urgent help please. I have a business transanction in Bauchi state and since I have not gone there b4, I need 2 knw the cost of traveling 4rm Lagos to Bauchi by air and which airlind to use? If traveling through land, what is the duration, likely cost and route? Thanks in anticipating your answers.
Re: Fg Assures Of Radical Improvement In Power Supply by master2(m): 6:36am On Apr 10, 2010
BlakkBoi:

Since the emergence of Jonathan as acting president and the dissolution of the Yaádua's cabinet. We at least enjoy a 40% improvement in power supply in my hood. Seriously megawatt wey dem say e finish before just appear, i no sabi how dem take dey manufacture d megawatts but i need my 60 watts bulbs lit 247.

Goodluck to Mr. Jonathan.
Even fuel con dey everywhere.
Re: Fg Assures Of Radical Improvement In Power Supply by biina: 6:49am On Apr 10, 2010
@Beaf
I see that you are still preaching your 'decentralization' nonsense.  undecided
You are yet to detail how this your 'decentralization' will work and its feasibility.
You are simply misinforming and misleading those that are less knowledgeable.
Re: Fg Assures Of Radical Improvement In Power Supply by master2(m): 6:52am On Apr 10, 2010
ferhyntorlah:

[color=#550000][/color] cool cool cool 
All u doubtg Thomases, plsssss giv d man a chance 2 prov himsef. 2 me, he's a beta leadr dan YarAdul.
Sinz he tuk ova, am notisd significnt imprvmnt in powr supply in my area, Iju-Ishaga.
Not jst in Lagos, oda stats 2 ar nt lft out.
Pls don't blame the doubtg thomases is not their fault,is just the effect of too many failed promises.
Bros Goodluck dey try sha!
Re: Fg Assures Of Radical Improvement In Power Supply by SwtzMinx(f): 7:41am On Apr 10, 2010
.yeah, dem don impr0ve d p0wer sect0r. . .datz why we no get electricity 4 3 dayz nw. .mshhcew!
Re: Fg Assures Of Radical Improvement In Power Supply by igboboy1(m): 8:44am On Apr 10, 2010
All na tory, that gorilla obasanjo claimed 18billion dollars was invested in power generation when we all know him and his boys pocketed the thing

FG has a history of declaring a budget for this and that so that people can feel like they are serious while in reality they are just making a budget for their chop chop

(1) (2) (3) (Reply)

Jonathan Takes Over From Ojukwu As Eze Ndi Ibo Gburugburu / Corruption Should Carry Death Sentence / 72-year-old PDP Chieftain Marries His 23-year-old Heartthrob [PHOTOS]

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 25
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.