Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,359 members, 7,808,249 topics. Date: Thursday, 25 April 2024 at 09:24 AM

Dear God, Why... - Religion (4) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Religion / Dear God, Why... (4203 Views)

If Allah Is God, Why Does He Pray For Muhammad? Surah 33:43, 33:56, And 2:157? / If Jesus Christ Was God, Why Did He Find Fault With Some Old Testament Laws? / Have You Ever Asked God, "Why Is My Own Case Different?" (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Dear God, Why... by Nobody: 7:12pm On Jan 12, 2018
ScienceWatch:
What plain truth are you offering a suffering humanity? I notice you can not even solve for x which is a mundane secular low-level thing. X+3/X-2 - 1-X/x =17/4

How on earth can you even dream of challenging Christians on their far superior thinking and beliefs?
I knew you would avoid my question just like i said when u tell christians the truth they are not ready to accept it.Smh

1 Like

Re: Dear God, Why... by budaatum: 7:52pm On Jan 12, 2018
ScienceWatch:
Your attitude towards your parents have everything to do with this. A selfish person tends to accuse others of selfishness when he cant get his own way.
Same way ignorant you project your ignorance on everyone else?
Re: Dear God, Why... by budaatum: 8:04pm On Jan 12, 2018
ScienceWatch:
Good !
To answer your question: Start by asking asking, "how do I find evidence of God's love for humanity?"
Then go bravely forward, work hard to find that evidence no matter where it may be found.
Make sure every good thing you see is claimed for god. And everything that is bad is from the devil. Switch off your brain when in doubt, it is the devil putting thoughts in your head! And follow the advise given to Alice:

"I can't believe that!" said Alice.
"Can't you?" the Queen said in a pitying tone. "Try again: draw a long breath, and shut your eyes."
Alice laughed. "There's no use trying," she said: "one can't believe impossible things."
"I daresay you haven't had much practice," said the Queen. "When I was your age, I always did it for half-an-hour a day. Why, sometimes I've believed as many as six impossible things before breakfast."

Through the Looking-Glass, and What Alice Found There (1871)

And you will be a believer, indeed.
Re: Dear God, Why... by sonofthunder: 7:19am On Jan 13, 2018
EVarn:
I learnt three things from reading the book of job(well,maybe more than three things,but that's besides the point).

According to the story:

1. Satan can still approach God's presence(in heaven),quite contrary to the belief that God cannot behold evil. Well,the very epitome of evil,satan himself,kind of strutted into God's grand get-together party without so much as an invitation card, isn't that just badass?.

2. God can protect everyone from evil if he chooses, evidenced by satan accusing God of granting Job asylum behind a mobile wall of fire at all times. Even satan was quite furious at such blatant favouritism, and he made his dissatisfaction quite clear in the strongest terms possible.

3. God permits evil to befall people, as evidenced by the game of chess played between both parties,with poor Job as the unwilling pawn.
Even Job agreed that God was responsible for his misfortune.

Job 37:22 Fair weather cometh out of the north: with God is terrible majesty.

37:23 Touching the Almighty, we cannot find him out: he is excellent in power, and in judgment, and in plenty of justice: he will not afflict.

37:24 Men do therefore fear him: ....................
You evidently are speaking from an ocean of ignorance, you should more dutifully return and study said book.

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Dear God, Why... by sonofthunder: 7:20am On Jan 13, 2018
Job 38:1 Then the LORD answered Job out of the whirlwind, and said,

38:2 Who is this that darkeneth counsel by words without knowledge?

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Dear God, Why... by sonofthunder: 7:42am On Jan 13, 2018
Frenzy007:
Dude i swear i am just like you.i've always been a Christian because that was how i was brought up then later an atheist but now i just dont know.I believe there is a God why is beacurse i have had so may supernatural experiences and that makes believe that if the spiritual exist then God must exist.But i dont believe that God os good.God in fact is the cause of armed robbery kidnappers rapist assasin,infertility,Depression,slowpoke,blindess,immorality sickness and so many more.Why? Beacause they he is omnipresent omniwateva yet he created satan to be evil yet he put put apple in the garden,yet he made man vulnerable to temptation all this as a test? No because he knew wat he created and wat his creation lacks.Heaven they say is pure and without evil then why dont we think dat how did satan and his gang have evil thought,this us because God created him specially dat way.He knew wat he was doing.The truth is that we humans have believe that have a saviour we have hope that Good must always win evil that justice must prevail but what if i tell that ur savior was the one who brought fort ur problems or the problems of the world.people like felixmor or kingebukasblog would say oh God is testing humans but how u test someone whom u created to fail and whom you made so many things around him to make him fail and u even forsaw him failing.lol. What am trying to say his that you should look around you majority of the people who go to church daily they preach and all that are mostly doing bad things themselves you that have your own belief dont even do all that yet you are holier than them. Like dem God is an hypocrite a pretender the one who pretend to be good but he is nothing but evil.To seun hopefullandlord and other atheist believe me u there os God because supernatural things exist(the ones i experienced) then there has to be God.I just pity all this Christians like sonofthunder butterfly1ion kingebukablog because they dont even know wat there are worshiping they claim to know God to hear him to have felt him but in reality deep down in felixmor heart and othet christians the know its all a lie.
I believe there is God but i dont believe he is Good.
Must christians are not ready to accept the truth.They read this post they know am saying the truth but they push out of their heads cos they cant believe it they just can't that God almighty the one who above all is Nothing but EVIL.
CC
HOPEFULLANDLORD
SCIENCEWATCH
FELIXMOR
SEUN AND SO ON.
you are ignorant in your assumptions, also you lie like the father of lies the devil (hopefully not your father).

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Dear God, Why... by EVarn(m): 8:11am On Jan 13, 2018
sonofthunder:

Job 37:22 Fair weather cometh out of the north: with God is terrible majesty.

37:23 Touching the Almighty, we cannot find him out: he is excellent in power, and in judgment, and in plenty of justice: he will not afflict.

37:24 Men do therefore fear him: ....................
You evidently are speaking from an ocean of ignorance, you should more dutifully return and study said book.
Ignorance?

Read Job 1:11-12,and then 2:3

If you still find it hard to comprehend, come back and I will give you more references.

1 Like

Re: Dear God, Why... by sonofthunder: 10:04am On Jan 13, 2018
EVarn:
Ignorance?

Read Job 1:11-12,and then 2:3

If you still find it hard to comprehend, come back and I will give you more references.
the fact that your post's baked in half-truths means that you still yet to swim out of said ignorance...

@ point 1; I believe you are taking said scripture of God not beholding evil out of context and no, doesn't really mean as He has kicked him out before, He would have done so again if He wanted to.

@ point 3, God is the least of the reasons for Job's misfortune even Job saw this how come you can't? reason I asked you to dutifully study said book to the end as many times as is needed for you to understand it. Same speck that obstructed Job's sight seems to be obstructing yours.

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Dear God, Why... by EVarn(m): 11:08am On Jan 13, 2018
sonofthunder:

the fact that your post's baked in half-truths means that you still yet to swim out of said ignorance...

@ point 1; I believe you are taking said scripture of God not beholding evil out of context and no, doesn't really mean as He has kicked him out before, He would have done so again if He wanted to.

@ point 3, God is the least of the reasons for Job's misfortune even Job saw this how come you can't? reason I asked you to dutifully study said book to the end as many times as is needed for you to understand it. Same speck that obstructed Job's sight seems to be obstructing yours.
Yeah, suit yourself.
Re: Dear God, Why... by MisterMr: 11:36am On Jan 13, 2018
There's so much we don't know in this life, especially about the inner workings and operation of God in the world and in our lives.

Maybe God wanted them to adopt? Maybe God legitimately didn't want them to have children? Maybe there was something in their hearts that he wanted them to get rid of before they had kids? Maybe he needed the husband to go through the fire of temptation before having children?

Sure, things might've been easier but look at how their testimony roused the audience in church that day. Maybe God needed someone in that church to be inspired. Or for you to write this post for whatever reason.

Remember, 20 years is but a speck in the time we've spent on this planet. I'll say again that there's so much we don't know and indeed may never know but if you're interested in understanding then continue to seek (truly seek) God and the answers you're looking for will be there.

They may not be nice or happy or friendly or anything like what you might be expecting but you will receive the answers you're looking for if you're open to them.

3 Likes 1 Share

Re: Dear God, Why... by Fvcknames: 2:00pm On Jan 13, 2018
EVarn:
Yeah, suit yourself.

Argument Ended

Nice one bruv
Re: Dear God, Why... by Fvcknames: 2:02pm On Jan 13, 2018
ScienceWatch:
What plain truth are you offering a suffering humanity? I notice you can not even solve for x which is a mundane secular low-level thing. X+3/X-2 - 1-X/x =17/4

How on earth can you even dream of challenging Christians on their far superior thinking and beliefs?

Christians are superior in thinking to atheists?
Re: Dear God, Why... by AntiNormal(m): 6:14pm On Jan 13, 2018
ScienceWatch:
Your attitude towards your parents have everything to do with this. A selfish person tends to accuse others of selfishness when he cant get his own way.

Is that so?
And how, pray tell, would you know what my attitude towards my parents is like?
I'm selfish because I'm asking God why?

Listen here, dude... A normal, thinking person with a functional brain and intellect asks questions when ish doesn't seem to add up... Not because he's selfish, but because he wants to know what the hell is going on... So if that makes me selfish, then maybe I am...
The question is, what does it make you, who refuses to ask questions but just follows like a well trained dog?

1 Like

Re: Dear God, Why... by AntiNormal(m): 6:18pm On Jan 13, 2018
Bolaji21:

I know you have good intentions, but your answer is incorrect.
A lot of people have asked God why: Job, David, and even Jesus ("why has thou forsaken me?"wink.
Back tho the question. Let me use the example of Job and Jesus to explain.
Jesus asked God why, but we know he knew why. It was just his humanity speaking, and most of us will ask why when we get to that point.
Job like most humans, assumed he knew better than God. He thought he didn't deserve to suffer even as he's righteous. Remember, he wasn't aware of the meeting that held in heaven where Satan was in attendance. Hence he asked why.
Here is God's response to him:
 4  Where wast thou when I laid the foundations of the earth? declare, if thou hast understanding. note
 5  Who hath laid the measures thereof, if thou knowest? or who hath stretched the line upon it
The response continued till chapter 41.

At the end, imagine job's response, he admitted he was wrong to question God's way of doing things.
 Job 42
5  I have heard of thee by the hearing of the ear: but now mine eye seeth thee.
6  Wherefore I abhor myself, and repent in dust and ashes.

Let me help make sense of it.
God began to ask job of all the things he's definitely not aware of. Why? Because a lot of decisions have been made before job was born. The decisions contribute to what befalls man. Job had to repent when he realized that his knowledge is too small to be able to understand why things happen the we they do.
As our father, our obligation is to trust him, even in his silence.
Whatever he does or doesn't do, is for our best: that should register in our heart.
We don't know why it took 20 years for the woman to conceive, just as we don't know why it took so long for Sarah or Elizabeth or Hannah to conceive, but we do know that for whichever reason it is, it's all for the good of them, for humanity and for God's purpose.

Thank you...
If more people gave answers like you, the world would be a much better place...
Re: Dear God, Why... by AntiNormal(m): 6:22pm On Jan 13, 2018
MisterMr:
There's so much we don't know in this life, especially about the inner workings and operation of God in the world and in our lives.

Maybe God wanted them to adopt? Maybe God legitimately didn't want them to have children? Maybe there was something in their hearts that he wanted them to get rid of before they had kids? Maybe he needed the husband to go through the fire of temptation before having children?

Sure, things might've been easier but look at how their testimony roused the audience in church that day. Maybe God needed someone in that church to be inspired. Or for you to write this post for whatever reason.

Remember, 20 years is but a speck in the time we've spent on this planet. I'll say again that there's so much we don't know and indeed may never know but if you're interested in understanding then continue to seek (truly seek) God and the answers you're looking for will be there.

They may not be nice or happy or friendly or anything like what you might be expecting but you will receive the answers you're looking for if you're open to them.

Well said...

1 Like

Re: Dear God, Why... by Nobody: 11:42pm On Jan 13, 2018
sonofthunder:

you are ignorant in your assumptions, also you lie like the father of lies the devil (hopefully not your father).
pleasr sir i would apprecciate it if u could point out those lies for me.Thanks
Re: Dear God, Why... by sonofthunder: 5:31am On Jan 14, 2018
Frenzy007:
Dude i swear i am just like you.i've always been a Christian because that was how i was brought up then later an atheist but now i just dont know.I believe there is a God why is beacurse i have had so may supernatural experiences and that makes believe that if the spiritual exist then God must exist.But i dont believe that God os good.God in fact is the cause of armed robbery kidnappers rapist assasin,infertility,Depression,slowpoke,blindess,immorality sickness and so many more.Why? Beacause they he is omnipresent omniwateva yet he created satan to be evil yet he put put apple in the garden,yet he made man vulnerable to temptation all this as a test? No because he knew wat he created and wat his creation lacks.Heaven they say is pure and without evil then why dont we think dat how did satan and his gang have evil thought,this us because God created him specially dat way.He knew wat he was doing.The truth is that we humans have believe that have a saviour we have hope that Good must always win evil that justice must prevail but what if i tell that ur savior was the one who brought fort ur problems or the problems of the world.people like felixmor or kingebukasblog would say oh God is testing humans but how u test someone whom u created to fail and whom you made so many things around him to make him fail and u even forsaw him failing.lol. What am trying to say his that you should look around you majority of the people who go to church daily they preach and all that are mostly doing bad things themselves you that have your own belief dont even do all that yet you are holier than them. Like dem God is an hypocrite a pretender the one who pretend to be good but he is nothing but evil.To seun hopefullandlord and other atheist believe me u there os God because supernatural things exist(the ones i experienced) then there has to be God.I just pity all this Christians like sonofthunder butterfly1ion kingebukablog because they dont even know wat there are worshiping they claim to know God to hear him to have felt him but in reality deep down in felixmor heart and othet christians the know its all a lie.
Must christians are not ready to accept the truth.They read this post they know am saying the truth but they push out of their heads cos they cant believe it they just can't that God almighty the one who above all is Nothing but EVIL.
CC
HOPEFULLANDLORD
SCIENCEWATCH
FELIXMOR
SEUN AND SO ON.

1.) you aren't really like that dude in your mention (at least from your post).

2.) God is not just good, He's just.

3.) You may have to explain how God causes those things in your post.

4.) God never created Satan yo be evil, rather Satan derailed.

5.) Apple? dunno about that one oh... Lol.

6.) Satan being evil was a result of his (wrong) choice(s) and desire(s).

7.) You may have to explain how the saviour brought problems and what problems.

8.) Are you saying no one passes these tests you are talking about? I beg to differ.

I can only beg you, TASTE AND SEE THAT THE LORD IS GOOD...

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Dear God, Why... by hopefulLandlord: 5:51am On Jan 14, 2018
Frenzy007:
CC
HOPEFULLANDLORD
SCIENCEWATCH
FELIXMOR
SEUN AND SO ON.

I've always claimed the Christian god as described in the bible and by Christians does not exist, it's obvious that god is manmade
Re: Dear God, Why... by ScienceWatch: 2:20pm On Jan 16, 2018
hopefulLandlord:

I've always claimed the Christian god as described in the bible and by Christians does not exist, it's obvious that god is manmade

Mmmmm. Yes I noticed that you have always made that ridicules claim. After all this time I thought you would have snapped out of your coma and realized that you have been defrauded by crooked scientists who use fake science to impress gullible minds with man made BLACK HOLES and DARK MATTER.
Re: Dear God, Why... by ScienceWatch: 4:29pm On Jan 16, 2018
Fvcknames:

Christians are superior in thinking to atheists?

Have you not read what Psychologists have found in connection with the serious flaws in Atheists thinking ?

How do atheists/deists/agnostics,etc use defence mechanisms to deny God or a personal God? Richard Dawkins, PZ Myers, Sam Harris and others. They are angry and resentful people and shift the blame to other for the problems in their own lives. Now filled with hatred, they invent ideas that trap themselves and others. What follows are what psychologists and psychiatrist believe to be the major ways.

DENIAL: This mechanism is very simple: the atheist/deist simply denies reality.............

RATIONALIZATIONS: This is a favourite mechanism of atheists/deist..............

REPRESSION: This mechanism entails forcing painful experiences into the sub-conscious......................

SUPPRESSION: Suppression is similar to repression, but with one exception: it is conscious................

DISPLACEMENT: This mechanism has to do with transferring feelings from one deserving object to another undeserving one..............

Religious people dont have these problems, that is why they can experience reality, where Atheists deny it.

1 Like 1 Share

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply)

How Will You Thank God This Year 2024? / The Just Shall Live By Faith. / The Great Challenge For Christians

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 81
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.