Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,031 members, 7,807,058 topics. Date: Wednesday, 24 April 2024 at 09:03 AM

Parents Beware!: Songs And Their Effects On Kids… - Family - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Family / Parents Beware!: Songs And Their Effects On Kids… (963 Views)

What Are Your Thoughts On Kids Using Make-up? / PARENTS BEWARE!!! This Happened To Someone I Know / How My Wife Has Been Terrorizing Me Spiritually And The Effects On Us (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Parents Beware!: Songs And Their Effects On Kids… by postbox: 7:03pm On Jan 07, 2018
I can’t stop my children from being invited to birthday parties. Especially when the invitations are from family members and close friends. But my concern in this post is for the kind of music the disk jockeys play at these children’s parties.

Imagine children dancing to ‘I want your body sleeping in my bed’, not to mention other unsavory lyrics by the other artistes that shouldn’t be on a children’s party playlist. The sad thing is some of these parties are hosted by Christian parents.

What happens to getting a gospel DJ?

And your event doesn’t have to be boring, not with the myriads of danceable, ‘happening’ Christian songs available.

Since we can’t refuse some of these invitations, my wife and I have attempted to have some very groovy Christian songs, alongside the traditional gospel songs, on our phones and laptops for our children’s listening pleasure.

They listen to them at home, even in the bathroom. After all, we have highly talented and anointed gospel hip hop and rap artistes too!

Dear Christian parents, let’s reflect Christ even in the choice of music at our children’s birthday parties.

That’s not too much of the Lord to ask of us.

Is it?

SOURCE: https://brandspurng.com/parents-beware-songs-and-their-effects-on-kids/

4 Likes 1 Share

Re: Parents Beware!: Songs And Their Effects On Kids… by Evablizin(f): 7:05pm On Jan 07, 2018
Nice post.
Re: Parents Beware!: Songs And Their Effects On Kids… by Donald3d(m): 7:18pm On Jan 07, 2018
Its really sad,people dont understand the effect of all these songs on not just children but even adults too.There is something it does to your psychology subconcsiuosly .

There is even one mumu one now he just repeats olo..sho , olo..sho , almost through the song , with some other very dirty lyrics , and I see children about 7 years old singing it , chai .

Parents have a lot of work to do in this generation

4 Likes

Re: Parents Beware!: Songs And Their Effects On Kids… by jchioma: 7:32pm On Jan 07, 2018
Donald3d:
Its really sad,people dont understand the effect of all these songs on not just children but even adults too.There is something it does to your psychology subconcsiuosly .

There is even one mumu one now he just repeats olo..sho , olo..sho , almost through the song , with some other very dirty lyrics , and I see children about 7 years old singing it , chai .

Parents have a lot of work to do in this generation

It is the sad reality. The effects will be felt in later years when the same children turn out to be something else.
Re: Parents Beware!: Songs And Their Effects On Kids… by BrandSpurNG: 7:42am On Jan 08, 2018
Worrisome
Re: Parents Beware!: Songs And Their Effects On Kids… by Faeton: 1:12pm On Jan 08, 2018
Na only parents, adolescents and even the So called commercial artists are not even concerned about the content of dier music. Anoda huge problem causing Naija problems. And we want change
Re: Parents Beware!: Songs And Their Effects On Kids… by sodiqapril(m): 6:04pm On Jan 08, 2018
nice observations you've made, these days it seems morality has gone down the drain in a bit to copy the western world. imagine a child around five years of age singing one corner. the irony is that the people we are trying to imitate have what they call parental guidance/explicit content. with this, only children that are of a particular age can listen to or watch some certain movies. but down here, we've failed at everything
Re: Parents Beware!: Songs And Their Effects On Kids… by BrandSpurNG: 7:08am On Jan 09, 2018
Parenting is a huge responsibility

1 Like

Re: Parents Beware!: Songs And Their Effects On Kids… by rodeo0070(m): 6:58am On Jan 10, 2018
Booked...
Re: Parents Beware!: Songs And Their Effects On Kids… by rodeo0070(m): 6:59am On Jan 10, 2018
Booked
Re: Parents Beware!: Songs And Their Effects On Kids… by BrandSpurNG: 7:34am On Jan 14, 2018
keep booking o
Re: Parents Beware!: Songs And Their Effects On Kids… by Chubhie: 8:14am On Jan 14, 2018
Booking
Re: Parents Beware!: Songs And Their Effects On Kids… by Nobody: 9:16am On Jan 14, 2018
Very disheartening seeing kids dancing One Corner

(1) (Reply)

Wives Make Your Pussy Tight And Sweet For Your Husband / Best Chores And Worst Chores / Clearance Sales - HDF Wardrobe For Sales - 70k

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 20
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.