Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,148,409 members, 7,800,852 topics. Date: Thursday, 18 April 2024 at 07:57 AM

Fulani Herdsmen: Northern Elders Disown Paul Unongo Over Comment On Atiku - Politics - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Fulani Herdsmen: Northern Elders Disown Paul Unongo Over Comment On Atiku (16987 Views)

Stop Igbo Governors From Driving Away Fulani Herdsmen – Northern Groups Tell PMB / Paul Unongo Resigns As Northern Elders Forum Chairman / "Atiku Is The Chief Financier Of Fulani Herdsmen" - Paul Unongo, NEF Chairman (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (Reply) (Go Down)

Fulani Herdsmen: Northern Elders Disown Paul Unongo Over Comment On Atiku by itsdumebi(m): 10:13pm On Jan 07, 2018
@POLITICSNGR

The Northern Elders Forum has dissociated itself from recent comments on the Fulani Herdsmen killings attributed to its leader, Paul Unongo.

Unongo made headlines last week when he accused former vice president, Atiku Abubakar of being behind the Fulani Herdsmen attacks in Benue state.

Below is a statement signed by the Deputy chairman of the forum, Alhaji Sani Daura;

" The attention of the Northern Elders Forum has been drawn to yet another report of partisan statement made by its leader, Chief Paul Unongo directed against the former Vice President Atiku Abubakar.

The Forum regrets to have to publicly disown yet another controversy by Unongo in this recent times.

While Chief Unongo reserves the right to hold and express personal views against any issue, he however does not have the right to drag the entire Forum into unnecessary controversies at will.

We therefore advice that if Chief Unongo has any grudges against any personality or group, he should vent them in his personal capacity and not use the platform of the Forum.
Again we are not aware that President Muhammadu Buhari has refused to heed our advice on this matter as there was never any such advice contrary to Unongo's claim in the report.

It is on record that since inception six years ago, the Forum has never been this controversial in its approach to issues and never committed itself on anything without finding solid grounds.

But since the transition that followed the death of its founder and pioneer leader, the Danmasanin Kano Alhaji Maitama Sule, it has unnecessarily been dragged from one controversy to another.

Without blaming any person or group, the Northern Elders Forum hereby condemns the unnecessary killings in Kaduna, Plateau, Benue and Kogi states and indeed other parts of the north and the country generally.

We call on government to urgently act against such wanton lawlessness by identifying the perpetrators and dealing with them in the same way other disturbances in the Northeast and other parts of the country are being dealt with."

https://politicsngr.com/2018/01/07/fulani-herdsmen-northern-elders-disown-paul-unongo-over-comment-on-atiku/

Cc: lalasticlala, mynd44

Re: Fulani Herdsmen: Northern Elders Disown Paul Unongo Over Comment On Atiku by NgeneUkwenu(f): 10:15pm On Jan 07, 2018
Ok
Re: Fulani Herdsmen: Northern Elders Disown Paul Unongo Over Comment On Atiku by bedspread: 10:17pm On Jan 07, 2018
GOBE.....

3 Likes

Re: Fulani Herdsmen: Northern Elders Disown Paul Unongo Over Comment On Atiku by temptnow: 10:17pm On Jan 07, 2018
Paul bingo is just a disgrace to the Tiv nation, he has sold Benue people for a pot of porridge

69 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Fulani Herdsmen: Northern Elders Disown Paul Unongo Over Comment On Atiku by Firefire(m): 10:22pm On Jan 07, 2018
Blood vampires...

19 Likes 1 Share

Re: Fulani Herdsmen: Northern Elders Disown Paul Unongo Over Comment On Atiku by freeze001(f): 10:24pm On Jan 07, 2018
Unongo Unongo! U no go get sense sha...they will so throw u under the bus and slaughter all ur family members for good measure! Deceive urself that u are a Northerner abi na northern elder. Big fool

65 Likes 4 Shares

Re: Fulani Herdsmen: Northern Elders Disown Paul Unongo Over Comment On Atiku by frankyychiji(f): 10:29pm On Jan 07, 2018
The man looks hungry. Don't be surprised the midget governor is feeding him to talk trash.

22 Likes 1 Share

Re: Fulani Herdsmen: Northern Elders Disown Paul Unongo Over Comment On Atiku by Nobody: 10:48pm On Jan 07, 2018
Paul has sold his soul for crumbs

40 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Fulani Herdsmen: Northern Elders Disown Paul Unongo Over Comment On Atiku by Mintek: 11:10pm On Jan 07, 2018
T
Re: Fulani Herdsmen: Northern Elders Disown Paul Unongo Over Comment On Atiku by aolawale025: 11:24pm On Jan 07, 2018
Just because he wants to belong. Sold his folks down the river. They would soon boot him out of the NEF

23 Likes 1 Share

Re: Fulani Herdsmen: Northern Elders Disown Paul Unongo Over Comment On Atiku by Paperwhite(m): 11:43pm On Jan 07, 2018
This bingo thought he really belongs but they will lay him off when done. undecided Trust the core northerners-they always have an array of willing stooges to do the dirty work for them.
Gowon,Paul,Adeshina,Lauretta comes to mind.

25 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Fulani Herdsmen: Northern Elders Disown Paul Unongo Over Comment On Atiku by kings09(m): 12:55am On Jan 08, 2018
NgeneUkwenu:
Ok
E no gree u talk again abi na booking space tinz? cheesy

15 Likes 3 Shares

Re: Fulani Herdsmen: Northern Elders Disown Paul Unongo Over Comment On Atiku by olureignforever: 1:02am On Jan 08, 2018
Huh
Re: Fulani Herdsmen: Northern Elders Disown Paul Unongo Over Comment On Atiku by PenSniper: 2:08am On Jan 08, 2018
I have always maintained the fact that Paul Unongo is a useless, brainless man who peddles lies without scrupples.

9 Likes 1 Share

Re: Fulani Herdsmen: Northern Elders Disown Paul Unongo Over Comment On Atiku by AngryNaijaMan: 2:10am On Jan 08, 2018
We call on government to urgently act against such wanton lawlessness by identifying the perpetrators and dealing with them in the same way other disturbances in the Northeast and other parts of the country are being dealt with."
Even Northern elders can see Buhari's partisanship/nepotism.

20 Likes 1 Share

Re: Fulani Herdsmen: Northern Elders Disown Paul Unongo Over Comment On Atiku by sorom4: 3:55am On Jan 08, 2018
NgeneUkwenu:
Ok
Bobrisky; awfar na?

8 Likes

Re: Fulani Herdsmen: Northern Elders Disown Paul Unongo Over Comment On Atiku by Nobody: 4:20am On Jan 08, 2018
Why aren't they this quick in condemning the herdsmen's killings?

6 Likes 1 Share

Re: Fulani Herdsmen: Northern Elders Disown Paul Unongo Over Comment On Atiku by sarrki(m): 4:28am On Jan 08, 2018
.some commentators lack knowledge of politics in the north.

That's north for you ,

Did you see them attack Junaid ?

They will never support you once you are not core North

When I say come rain come sun they will support their own ,can you all see ?

All they want is 12years

5 Likes 1 Share

Re: Fulani Herdsmen: Northern Elders Disown Paul Unongo Over Comment On Atiku by Bede2u(m): 4:31am On Jan 08, 2018
sarrki:
.some commentators lack knowledge of politics in the north.

That's north for you ,

Did you see them attack Junaid ?

They will never support you once you are not core North

When I say come rain come sun they will support their own ,can you all see ?

All they want is 12years
Look at this one...u supported a northerner over an incumbent southerner and u are telling us nonsense.

If the north wants 16 yrs we shall gv it to them

19 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Fulani Herdsmen: Northern Elders Disown Paul Unongo Over Comment On Atiku by sarrki(m): 4:43am On Jan 08, 2018
Bede2u:
Look at this one...u supported a northerner over an incumbent southerner and u are telling us nonsense.

If the north wants 16 yrs we shall gv it to them

Keep quiet

A southerner that dislike my people is that a southerner ?

A southerner that loved and involved the east like kilode Abd neglected my people is that a southeasterner ?

Both political and infrastructure wise he neglected my region

So you want me to die for him shay ?

Never

7 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Fulani Herdsmen: Northern Elders Disown Paul Unongo Over Comment On Atiku by bugidon(m): 5:40am On Jan 08, 2018
And what has this current northerner done for region?
sarrki:

Keep quiet

A southerner that loved and involved the east like kilode Abd neglected my people is that a southeasterner ?

Never

22 Likes

Re: Fulani Herdsmen: Northern Elders Disown Paul Unongo Over Comment On Atiku by sarrki(m): 5:46am On Jan 08, 2018
bugidon:
And what has this current northerner done for region?

Alot

Alot bro

2 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Fulani Herdsmen: Northern Elders Disown Paul Unongo Over Comment On Atiku by Bede2u(m): 6:24am On Jan 08, 2018
sarrki:

Keep quiet

Never
He Rehabilitated the Western Railway Corridor: Lagos-Ibadan-Ilorin-Jebba-Minna-Kaduna-Zaria-Kano, with a branch line from Zaria-Kaura Namoda.

He rehablitated Lagos ibadan expressway

18 Likes 1 Share

Re: Fulani Herdsmen: Northern Elders Disown Paul Unongo Over Comment On Atiku by sarrki(m): 6:27am On Jan 08, 2018
Bede2u:
He Rehabilitated the Western Railway Corridor: Lagos-Ibadan-Ilorin-Jebba-Minna-Kaduna-Zaria-Kano, with a branch line from Zaria-Kaura Namoda.

He rehablitated Lagos ibadan expressway

Pure lies

We are not praise singer lime those that claimed Enugu > Onitsha expressway was in good shape and second Niger bridge are the work of Gej

Where as nothing to show forth after 6years

5 Likes 1 Share

Re: Fulani Herdsmen: Northern Elders Disown Paul Unongo Over Comment On Atiku by Hector09(m): 6:47am On Jan 08, 2018
Nigeria is the only country with the highest number of forum and organisations. Next we be nairaland elders forum endorsing atiku

12 Likes 1 Share

Re: Fulani Herdsmen: Northern Elders Disown Paul Unongo Over Comment On Atiku by fergie001: 6:54am On Jan 08, 2018
What difference does it make?

Those dead are dead,so if Unongo hasn't gone offtrack,you won't send your condolences?Well,it wouldn't wake anyone Sha...

Dead men do not talk.

Unongo just made a mess of himself anyways.

May God grant those who lost loved ones the fortitude to bear the loss.

2 Likes

Re: Fulani Herdsmen: Northern Elders Disown Paul Unongo Over Comment On Atiku by Nobody: 6:59am On Jan 08, 2018
He think is ipob that he will talk attack anyhow and his masters my applaud him.

4 Likes

Re: Fulani Herdsmen: Northern Elders Disown Paul Unongo Over Comment On Atiku by Nobody: 7:32am On Jan 08, 2018
Typical story of pushing someone to the front.. Unongo has been deserted by the same people who told him to speak out.

Now he has been having countless interviews trying to redeem his image. undecided

7 Likes

Re: Fulani Herdsmen: Northern Elders Disown Paul Unongo Over Comment On Atiku by Donkay82: 7:47am On Jan 08, 2018
These elders where not quick to condemn these killer herdsmen but are quick to attack unongo...this country is full of mysteries no one ever pause to ask what if the old man is right after all,nothing is impossible with naija politics,just the way chibok girls saga was used as a political tool against an incumbent could be repeating itself,naija politics is bitter and evil and deep down we know most people on nairaland are happy it happened and they are already using it well to their advantage

4 Likes 1 Share

Re: Fulani Herdsmen: Northern Elders Disown Paul Unongo Over Comment On Atiku by Bede2u(m): 8:15am On Jan 08, 2018
sarrki:

[s]Pure lies

We are not praise singer lime those that claimed Enugu > Onitsha expressway was in good shape and second Niger bridge are the work of Gej

Where as nothing to show forth after 6years[/s]
Gibberish undecided

7 Likes

Re: Fulani Herdsmen: Northern Elders Disown Paul Unongo Over Comment On Atiku by bugidon(m): 9:08am On Jan 08, 2018
Just give me examples bro
sarrki:

Alot

Alot bro

5 Likes 1 Share

Re: Fulani Herdsmen: Northern Elders Disown Paul Unongo Over Comment On Atiku by sarrki(m): 9:12am On Jan 08, 2018
bugidon:
Just give me examples bro

Seceding Lagos to southwest

Lagos Ibadan express way

Ilorin Ibadan rail line

Sagamu ore express way

Lagos Ibadan rail line

Human development of my people

Political inclusion in national politics

4 Likes 3 Shares

(1) (2) (3) (Reply)

There Is Need To De-congest Lagos And Industrialise The South East - Jonathan / Jonathan Commissions Armed Forces Radio Station In Abuja / Sheriff Moves Out Of Wadata House, Congratulates Makarfi

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 31
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.